Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+64
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
AhsokaTano
Lucina
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
Man Without A Star
rawpowah
EchoBase
giaciak2
special_cases
SanghaRen
Dar-ren19
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
KnightsofReylo_2015
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
BB-Rey
rey09
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Geralt_Riv
Marchtwin
ReyofLightSide
Helix
Mana
Cowgirlsamurai
Blood Moon
Kylo Rey
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Men
BenRey
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Moonlight13
Piper Maru
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Maria26
CienaRee
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
AceofWands
Reylo Lemon
guardienne
panki
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Saracene
Kessel
68 posters

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by panki Fri 12 Aug 2016, 7:17 am

guardienne wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

michael b. jordan.
@guardienne

Donald Glover

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 Shutterstock_148001369-e1382112488730-620x412

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 12 Aug 2016, 1:22 pm

panki wrote:
guardienne wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

michael b. jordan.
@guardienne

Donald Glover

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 Shutterstock_148001369-e1382112488730-620x412
@panki

I know that he's supposed to be the front runner. I think he'd make a great Lando.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 12 Aug 2016, 1:27 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
panki wrote:
guardienne wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

michael b. jordan.
@guardienne

Donald Glover

@panki

I know that he's supposed to be the front runner. I think he'd make a great Lando.
@ISeeAnIsland

They look alike! Yeah, I'd like him to be a young Lando!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 12 Aug 2016, 1:39 pm

I'd seen Michael B. Jordan suggested, but as with the rumors he was in the running to play Finn, if he were Lando, he'd also steal Solo's girl in heartbeat.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 12 Aug 2016, 1:49 pm

I'd seen Michael B. Jordan suggested, but as with the rumors he was in the running to play Finn, if he were Lando, he'd also steal Solo's girl in heartbeat.

Also fun Donald Glover fact, the wide eyed/naive Appalachian character of Kenneth Parcell on 30 Rock is sort of an homage to Glover, who was a writer on the show. Glover wrote most of Kenneth's jokes, including having him say that he was from Glover's hometown of Stone Mountain, Georgia.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Fri 12 Aug 2016, 2:03 pm

also, the second person from girls!
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 12 Aug 2016, 2:21 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:I've only seen AE in Beautiful Creatures.  I was indifferent towards him based on it.  I didn't think he was a great actor but I  didn't think he was terrible either.  But he got the gig for a reason, so I will give him a shot.

I will admit I didn't think Chad Boswick was right for Black Panther for the same reason; saw him in one role and judged him on that single performance alone. Then he knocked it out of the park in Capt America Civil War. Lesson I learned? You can never say an actor isnt right for a role based on one performance.
@Darth Dementor

Totally necroposting here, but you need to check out Chadwick Boseman in Get on Up playing James Brown. He's excellent in that. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/han-solo-female-lead/ I just saw this article on Twitter regarding the actresses in the frame for female lead in the Han Solo movie. I still don't know what to think about this project. I don't want to be negative about it when so little is known. It's not like I thought Han Solo hadn't been involved with other women before Leia, but I'm not sure how I feel about another canon pairing for Han. I do like that they are looking to cast a woman of colour for the role. I guess she might not even be a love interest, but if she is I do have to wonder how the fandom will react. People might get touchy about anything that threatens the notion that Leia was the love of his life.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:58 pm

They'll cast the youngest of the 3, Naomi Scott. That's the way Hollywood operates. Keira Knightly was 17 in POTC:COTBP and 2 years later kissed Johnny Depp who was in his 40s. That's Hollywood for you.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:35 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:http://www.slashfilm.com/han-solo-female-lead/ I just saw this article on Twitter regarding the actresses in the frame for female lead in the Han Solo movie. I still don't know what to think about this project. I don't want to be negative about it when so little is known. It's not like I thought Han Solo hadn't been involved with other women before Leia, but I'm not sure how I feel about another canon pairing for Han. I do like that they are looking to cast a woman of colour for the role. I guess she might not even be a love interest, but if she is I do have to wonder how the fandom will react. People might get touchy about anything that threatens the notion that Leia was the love of his life.
@Mrs Ben Solo

They had to cast a woman of colour for the role of Han's LI in the anthology.....Han's canon girlfriend/partner in crime (before Leia) was a bounty hunter named Sana Starros.... she even pretended to be his wife for one scam.....am 100% sure they're looking for an actress to play that role in the Han Solo movie. I doubt people will object much since she has already appeared in several issues of Marvel's Star Wars comics, initially trying to win Han back.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 Gallery-1471604655-satar-wars-han-solo-wife-sana-starros

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:41 pm

I would love to see Candice Patton (from the TV show- The Flash) play the role of Sana Starros.. Smile

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 MV5BNDYwNTEzOTA1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTE1NjIxMTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:44 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:http://www.slashfilm.com/han-solo-female-lead/ I just saw this article on Twitter regarding the actresses in the frame for female lead in the Han Solo movie. I still don't know what to think about this project. I don't want to be negative about it when so little is known. It's not like I thought Han Solo hadn't been involved with other women before Leia, but I'm not sure how I feel about another canon pairing for Han. I do like that they are looking to cast a woman of colour for the role. I guess she might not even be a love interest, but if she is I do have to wonder how the fandom will react. People might get touchy about anything that threatens the notion that Leia was the love of his life.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I'm not familiar with the other two actresses, but Zoe Kravitz is freakin' gorgeous (no shock, considering who her parents are), and she held her own just fine in Mad Max.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:49 pm

panki wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

They had to cast a woman of colour for the role of Han's LI in the anthology.....Han's canon girlfriend/partner in crime (before Leia) was a bounty hunter named Sana Starros.... she even pretended to be his wife for one scam.....am 100% sure they're looking for an actress to play that role in the Han Solo movie. I doubt people will object much since she has already appeared in several issues of Marvel's Star Wars comics, initially trying to win Han back.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 Gallery-1471604655-satar-wars-han-solo-wife-sana-starros
@panki

I have heard about that character before. I guess most people will be okay with her and Han having a romance/flirtation if it's well done and it doesn't add up to much in the end. It's a shame that we know ahead of time that it can't really come to anything though because of Han meeting Leia sometime later. We don't even know where this movie will come in Han's timeline. It's all pretty vague so far and Alden Ehrenreich doesn't look all that much younger than ANH Han.

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Wed 05 Oct 2016, 7:28 pm

Am I the only one disappointed with the choice of Ehrenreich for Solo?

For one, he's not even good looking, two, he looks the same age or even older than Ford did in Episode IV, and third, he doesn't look anything like Harrison Ford. I mean, completely different facial structure, nose, eyes, I mean, not a single resemblance. Add to that the fact that he's not that much younger so we can't explain it as changing with age... that's just weird. It's like John Connor in the many Terminators, and it gets kind of ridiculous.

I can't see a single similarity:

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 Head-2

OTOH, Donald Glover looks right and he's good looking.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 05 Oct 2016, 7:43 pm

AceofWands wrote:Am I the only one disappointed with the choice of Ehrenreich for Solo?

For one, he's not even good looking, two, he looks the same age or even older than Ford did in Episode IV, and third, he doesn't look anything like Harrison Ford. I mean, completely different facial structure, nose, eyes, I mean, not a single resemblance. Add to that the fact that he's not that much younger so we can't explain it as changing with age... that's just weird. It's like John Connor in the many Terminators, and it gets kind of ridiculous.

@AceofWands

I'm not feeling this either. As far any potential LI, we all know how that's going to end, so there's no reason to get excited about it. Even without that, the Princess and the Smuggler are such an iconic couple, it almost seems blasphemous to me to pair him with anyone else, even though we know it would be temporary.

To me, it'd feel like pairing Kylo Ren with any other female but Rey and I'm sure everyone here knows how I feel about that!!! Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:32 pm

IoJovi wrote:
AceofWands wrote:Am I the only one disappointed with the choice of Ehrenreich for Solo?

@AceofWands

I'm not feeling this either. As far any potential LI, we all know how that's going to end, so there's no reason to get excited about it. Even without that, the Princess and the Smuggler are such an iconic couple, it almost seems blasphemous to me to pair him with anyone else, even though we know it would be temporary.

To me, it'd feel like pairing Kylo Ren with any other female but Rey and I'm sure everyone here knows how I feel about that!!! Laughing
@IoJovi

It must be my history of watching soaps and serials, but I am usually always open to characters having other love interests if the writers and actors can make it work. Certain pairings (Scarlett and Rhett/Darcy and Elizabeth) are pretty impossible to top, but I have seen that "first love" thing work followed by a "love of your life" later in various things. For all we know this LI could be something like that and then she dies ... OR probably more likely he loves her, but she breaks his heart, which will make him the jaded dude we.meet in ANH.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:35 pm

@SoloSideCousin You're right and I shouldn't judge a movie before I've seen it. I may be pleasantly surprised! I also know TPTB realize that Han and Leia are a very iconic pairing, and will be very careful to avoid tarnishing that...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:38 pm

I also hate to say, but I'm not really feeling the Han Solo anthology movie (yet) either. I'm sure it will be well done...Disney is pretty good at that kind of thing, but I worry a little about the Marvel effect. I know the Marvel movies are super popular and I like some of them, but there's a lot about them I don't really care for because I think a lot of it feels like entertainment without much substance: something you watch and then forget about entirely because the story and characters don't really make much of an emotional impact.

I'm also not very excited to see a non-Harrison Han, and it doesn't help that I also really don't think Ehrenreich looks like Harrison or Han. Hopefully TPTB see something in him or the way he acts that is Han-esque that will be apparent when we see the movie. We'll see...

Is the movie an origin story? If so, maybe we'll see Han meet Chewie, Lando and see how Han obtained the MF (since the story will be different than what was presented in the EU). The movie sounds like it will be an action adventure with some comedy.  Regarding a LI, I think the best bet is to keep Han single, but let him have a flirtation with someone(s). Maybe he could have a female "acquaintance" or fellow bounty hunter he has a bantering/competitive relationship with, but it never goes fully romantic...or like @Panki said, maybe they could have Sana Starros fill that role in the film (although I have some doubts they'll use characters from the comics for films). From the Han Solo comics it was clear Han and Sana had some sort of "past," but whatever it was, they were fully over each other at the time of the OT. She would fit the role well.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:03 pm

The only advantage I could see for this spin-off is that Lawrence Kasdan is writing the screenplay. But otherwise, sounds like R1 in being an amuse bouche in between the actual courses of the meal.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:36 pm

@AceofWands

AE doesn't necessarily look like Harrison/Han, but after seeing him in Hail Caesar!, I have no doubt that he can pull off the Han Solo charm/swagger. He was seriously the best thing about that movie, which on paper, had a fantastic cast. And in Hail Caesar, he did appear to much more "classic Hollywood handsome" in the young Harrison Ford mold than he does in the headshot in this post.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 06 Oct 2016, 12:12 am

According to canon, Han had two women in his life before Leia- an unnamed princess from Boz Pity and Sana Starros....in the case of the unnamed princess, he saved her life and dated her for her money....later, her father the Sultan was so mad at him that he put the bounty of a Moon on his head.

The second relationship is Sana Starros- who still wanted him back in her life after ANH and before ESB... but he was already interested in Leia by then. I'm certain the actress will play Sana because the comics briefly talk about their past and normally some other SW media will tell that untold story in a movie, novel or comic. Snap Wexley is the best example- appearing in novels, comics and a movie. Saw Gerrera was in Clone Wars, mentioned in two novels and now is appearing in a movie.

My takeaway from the comics is that Han might have been in relationships before Leia but they only brought out the smuggler and scam artist in him- the guy with few morals we initially see in Mos Eisley Cantina.

His love for Leia makes him care for something beyond himself- he takes an active part in the rebellion, he mentors Luke for 3 years to help him recover from his uncle and aunt's death etc...... so even if Han liked other women, Leia will always be the one who brought out the best in him so that cannot be diminished by a previous girlfriend.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Thu 06 Oct 2016, 11:57 pm

panki wrote:I would love to see Candice Patton (from the TV show- The Flash) play the role of Sana Starros.. Smile

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 MV5BNDYwNTEzOTA1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTE1NjIxMTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_
@panki

I love Candice. I also really love Tessa Thompson. I think Candice comes across as more vulnerable than Tessa in her acting. I'm not familiar with Sana Starros. How was her personality in the comic?

Of the three actresses in the news, I really hope it is Tessa.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:45 am

MoonlitMoss wrote:
panki wrote:I would love to see Candice Patton (from the TV show- The Flash) play the role of Sana Starros.. Smile

@panki

I love Candice. I also really love Tessa Thompson. I think Candice comes across as more vulnerable than Tessa in her acting. I'm not familiar with Sana Starros. How was her personality in the comic?

Of the three actresses in the news, I really hope it is Tessa.
@MoonlitMoss

Now that you mention it, maybe Candice Patton might be a little too vulnerable for the role of Sana....in the comics, Sana comes across as a female version of Han Solo (tough, quick thinking, morally ambiguous but a very caring person underneath it all)....I cannot imagine Han Solo ever ending up with a female version of himself- they'd kill eachother.

I was listening to the Collider Jedi Council on youtube today and they discussed how the character might not be Sana, especially since they're considering Naomi Scott for the role (she is of part Indian origin) so in case they cast her as Sana, LF could have a lot of outraged fans on their hands.....I could have been wrong after all and maybe the role is for the princess of Boz Pity..... we don't know what she looks like so she can be of any ethnicity, Han Solo rescued and romanced her for her wealth so people who want Han and Leia to be special will get their wish... now when I think about it, that character might be a safer bet to show onscreen than Sana since he wasn't romantically interested in her but it was part of a con.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 07 Oct 2016, 8:43 am

Or maybe she's just a totally new character. We don't know what the relationship is yet, so it's hard to say. I for one would not object to seeing him with another woman for real or as a con. It was all in the past anyway. I imagine in order for the film to have impact they're going to place emphasis on why Han turned out the way he did in ANH. Fixation on money, frustration with bossy women, the Falcon, etc. We shall see.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 07 Oct 2016, 2:44 pm

The Collider jedi council discussion really confused me for some time so went back and read Star Wars issue #6 onward  study

The comics make it clear Han and Sana were in at least a physical relationship as mentioned by Sana in the comic (I'll attach a page that makes interesting reading)......... they got married as part of a scam but never ended the marriage.....Han took Sana's share of the money and ran off and Sana was chasing him ever since. Han tries to deny being married because he loves Leia and he only married for the scam but Sana has their marriage documents on her ship.

Now that I think about it, I doubt they'd leave such an important character out of a Han Solo movie and an event as big as a marriage as an untold story.....even if they don't show the full romance, am sure they'll show the scam and wedding part.

I don't recall Han being married in the EU before meeting Leia....wonder why LF took such a drastic step?  Suspect

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 2 Sana

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next