Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

+8
IoJovi
Armadeus
Kylo Ren
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
Irina de France
Rogue Rey
vaderito
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Empty Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Post by vaderito Sat 07 May 2016, 7:29 am

Dear all,

This is the fifth of the viewing parties for all 7 episodes.

We are watching one episode each weekend (Saturday and Sunday) so that fans from different timezones can participate at any time. Here's the schedule for all viewing parties:

The Phantom Menace - weekend of 9/10 April
Attack of the Clones - weekend of 16/17 April
Revenge of the Sith - weekend of 23/24 April

A New Hope - weekend of 30 April/1 May
The Empire Strikes Back - weekend of 7/8 May
Return of the Jedi - weekend of 14/15 May
The Force Awakens - weekend of 21/22 May

The idea is to get as many posters to see the movie at approximately same time (weekend) so that we can discuss it together fresh from or during the viewing (if you find a particular scene very interesting or relevant for ST, you can pause and post about it and resume watching). The idea is to see how all 7 movies influence and mirror each other, Ring Composition, etc. Also, they are about Kylo Ren's family so they tie with TFA. We hope that watching TFA after other 6 will result in fresh take on this very much discussed movie.

So, viewing party begins now! Jump in whenever you have time. You have 2 days at your disposal. cheers

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 07 May 2016, 8:11 am

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK New-lets-do-this-gif-744
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 07 May 2016, 8:30 am

Tauntaun = Very Happy
Wampa = albino
Han in snow = pirat I love you
Chewie = Styled

Leia couldn't be more obvious even if she tried - the way she keeps looking at Han Winks  She is being a bit blind to her own feelings - even Han figured it out.

That's probably my favourite argument: Leia - 'I'd sooner kiss a Wookie.'  Han - 'I can arrange that.  He could do with a good kiss' or was it "you" as in Leia???

Aw Han telling that Rebel tech man ' 'Then we'll see you in hell.' Sad I wonder if Han is in hell??  Chilling with his Father-in-Law?? Razz

Strange that Luke's lightsaber didn't go to him right away, despite it being his, his Father's etc. hmmmmm scratch  (Is it telling us something?? - what I dunno Dunno )

Luke is saying Ben a hell of a lot in Han's ear Razz Razz

Think it would have been nice to see the relief on Leia's face when Han and Luke are found - truly conveying her emotions - because many would have interpreted it as  her feelings for Luke (given as it was being played up at that point)

Han and his sass are beautiful + his full head of glorious hair Cool = Ben!! Wink oh and his fetching dark snow coat.

Sorry Leia but I think Han knows more about women than you do love - you're only kissing Luke to make Han jealous - everyone can see that.  I wonder what Chewie said right after - plus get a load of Threepio moving in to get a better look at the kiss!!  What a perv!!!  Laughing  Laughing

Luke's acting a bit like the cat who's got the cream with Han there (21mins - evacuation)

Am I at this party all alone?????????????????? confused confused confused confused confused

22m - A bit of low key distance Force chock murder from Darth Vader there + Leia gets her strategy skills from her pops

This is totally Han Solo's movie - he's had so much screen time already, the best lines, the heroic's (saving Luke), the obvious budding romance - all within the first 30 mins H-beating H-beating

Han is being a dashing hero now - he won't leave without his lady I love you

The sass is strong between Han and Leia "would it help if I got out and pushed" 'It might" - you can totally see Larry's influence in the writing.

Leia likes getting close to Han (clinging onto the back of his chair, letting him drag her to safety on Echo Base, arguing with him like an old married couple already)

R2 R2 where are? - sounds like Scooby Scooby do where are you?'  R2's just so cute for a droid.

43m - Leia was clearly feeling frustrated there when Han say's "sorry sweetheart, haven't got time for anything else." before leaving her.  Denial is a river in Egypt Princess. Lolilol

Han calls Leia a name she doesn't like (which so happens to be what she is) worship.  Kylo calls Rey a name she doesn't like (which so happens to be what she is) scavenger!!

Ah the "what are you afraid of" "Afraid?  I'm not afraid." one two followed by the kiss Love Leia likes nice men but she loves bad boys Cheek kiss H-beating

Kylo replicate Vader's crouch/knee in front of their hologram master pose!!  

Palpatine telling Vader about a disturbance in the Force = Luke + Snoke telling Kylo about disturbance in the Force = Rey

Darth Vader doesn't seem too emotional finding out his son isn't actually dead.  I know it was all for set up of the big reveal, but that man is so cold there's not even a single hint of emotion.  Whereas when Kylo says Han means nothing to him - there is a clear crack of emotion in his voice.

Puppet Yoda is a little bit on the creepy side.  Weird tho he tells Luke he'll be afraid and then tells him fear aids the Dark Side - yet they're similar emotions.

So a Jedi uses the Force for calm and knowledge and not attack - so Rey really was tuning into the Dark Side on SKB to defeat Kylo.

Yoda saying you need to feel the Force and believe not just try.

Another dead subordinate for Darth Vader.

Ha Han saying about them dumping their garbage and they can float away and Leia saying like the other garbage - seems that the women in the SWU think the MF is garbage but don't object to it saving them.

That kiss on the cheek says it all. Cheek kiss Cheek kiss

Irony that Han tells Finn that women always know the truth or figure out the truth.  Yet when they arrive on Bespin and Leia says she doesn't like this he proceeds anyway - life lesson beginning for one Han Solo right there.  Should have trusted Leia as she knew the truth.  Leia doesn't truth Lando at face value.

Aw Han and Leia holding hands there.

Everyone should trust Chewie and his judgment - the Wookie is right.

OB1 + Yoda seemingly don't give a sith about Leia (yet as we saw in the PT they both knew who she was) and even if you take that away and go only by the OT - they are very powerful FS then it would be right to assume they know of who she is - especially given Yoda's line of "no there is another' - just who does he mean there.  I've never figured it out - does he mean Leia (given his disregard of her you'd think not) or does he mean Vader himself?

Awwww forehead kiss = H-beating Love Cheek kiss

Han's not impressed with Lando's apparent charm patter with Leia

More hand holding and valiant attempt at defence by Han there.

Now I know why I wasn't much of a Lando fan - the double crossing scoundrel.  Reminds me of a sleazy car salesman with his charm offensive but all the while he's sneering at you because he think's he's got the jump on you.

Oh look Darth Vader is torturing Han yet people still love him.

The concern and love Leia shows Han H-beating H-beating

Aw a kiss and a love confession in front of her unknown Father. Heartbreak in written all over Leia's face as she clings to Chewie when Han is carbon freezed. Aw look how gentle Chewie is with her Cry #feels

Ugh I wish Threepio would STFU - quite possibly my least favourite SW character ever - I feel a poll coming on.

It seems like brainwashing is a powerful thing in SW. Darth Vader seems brainwashed by the Emperor the way he talks of him and Kylo is totally brainwashed by Snoke the way he talks about him and praises him.

Darth Vader's reaction to Luke just jumping off that thing was so blasé - like he couldn't give a sith. And people think Kylo is like him. Darth Vader has no emotions - Kylo has plenty of them - that's why he can not be like his grandfather. The boy is too darn emotional.

If I'd been Leia I wouldn't have let Lando on the MF.

When Leia is with Luke it always made me think she'd kissed him, their mouths get thisclose.

R2 tried to warn them about the MF but they wouldn't listen and now look where it's lead them.

And we're done with the third and final OT film nicely set up.

Last edited by Rogue Rey on Sat 07 May 2016, 12:31 pm; edited 8 times in total
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 07 May 2016, 9:06 am

Rogue Rey wrote:

Am I at this party all alone?????????????????? confused confused confused confused confused
@Rogue Rey

No you're not! Wink

I watched ESB yesterday because I had time to kill (actually, I didn't. I have finals and I studied while watching ESB and taking notes about it. I'm such a responsible student. Watching SW movies and reading Bloodline during finals. You can tell SW took over my life. XD)

So here's what I've noticed. (Watch out: eleven Word pages ahead.)

So our dear Rebellion might have won the battle against the Death Star, but their location being discovered, they have to stay on the move. It contrasts quite a bit with the happy ending we got with ANH with the ceremony and everything… but then again, George Lucas wasn’t sure ANH was actually going to work and if there was actually going to be an ESB, so yeah. Might as well not end ANH on a sour note.

And here we get Luke on an ice lama. Sorry, but for real, I’m reminded of a lama here.

It’s pretty obvious we’re having puppets here. I still prefer them to weird CGI.

And speaking of CGI… I can so see what CGI has been added. Again. But I’m not going to complain about those details.

Yup, Han and Leia definitely got closer between ANH and ESB. Well, by “closer”… you know what I mean. Just the way Leia can’t take her eyes of Han all the time he’s in the computer room. So much for acting as if she’s not interested.

Yup, Han totally has a thing for Leia. He actually takes time to tell her goodbye, and he’s as sentimental as he can get while doing so. Then he sees Leia’s rather chill reaction to his announcement that he’s leaving, and he clearly doesn’t like it. What did ya expect, Han? That she’d start crying and beg you not to leave? XD

And of course, Leia does care, because first thing she does is running after him. Not to mention that she actually calls him by his first name. Yup, they definitely got closer.

“Your Highnessness” XD

“Han, we need you!” “We need?” “Yes.” “Or what about you need?” Yup, Han, you’re on point here. For once. But I can’t help but be reminded of “You need a teacher” here. Because let’s face it, “You need a teacher” as well as “Han, we need you” actually mean “Stay with me”.

Makes me laugh that Leia is on some sort of board or something on the ground, which makes her stand higher and look taller than she is. She’s still smaller than Han. XD

Okay, in my top 5 favorite small details in SW, there’s that part where Han and Leia argue and there’s a Rebel passing through them. It’s as if he’s saying: “Oh, it’s Princess Leia and Han Solo arguing again, nothing to worry about” XD

God, they’re bickering like teenagers.

“I’d rather kiss a Wookie.” 1) Thank god Chewbacca wasn’t around, because he’d be so offended, and 2) Why can I so picture Rey saying that to Kylo?

“You could use a good kiss!” I feel ya, Han. Actually, I think both your son and future daughter-in-law could use one. It’d probably just do them good.

Mmm, Han’s coat is really nice btw.

All right, I can really, really see the resemblance between Harrison Ford and Adam Driver now. Really.

God, I wonder how Luke managed to stay that long upside down without having a brain hemorrhage. Well, maybe he’s been there for only a few minutes, but still. I guess the explanation here is “because it looks good”. But meh. It’s not that bad, compared to all the uselessness you’ll see in the prequels. Or Michael Bay or Paul W. Anderson films.

Lol, me thinks that since Luke didn’t really get any proper training with the Lightsaber (blaster deflect put apart), he probably uses it like a Swiss tool XD

Oh, look, snow monster loses an arm. Proof he has something to do with the Skywalkers. It’s as solid of an argument as Anakin’s lightsaber calling to Rey because she’s Luke’s daughter. Keep that in mind peeps. (Sorry for the dumb joke of the day)

Poor Chewie. You can feel his Wookie heart shattering in a thousand pieces when they close the doors.

Yup, Leia isn’t taking Han and Luke’s disappearance well. And when you think about the fact that she lost her home planet, and her parents, and that she just lost her two BFFs… yup. You feel sorry for the gal.

Lol, with Obi-Wan’s Force ghost appearing to Luke and telling him to go to Dagobah, I can just picture Anakin’s Force ghost appearing to Kylo and telling him: “Go to Ahch-To you little s***, your future wifey is there, turn away from the Dark Side and elope with her and bang and have loads of Force babies, or I’ll Force-kick your a**. I’m so f****ing tired of having your grandma and your grandfather-in-law telling me this is all my fault.”

Yup, Han and Luke developed a pretty solid friendship between the events of ANH and ESB.

Hate to say this, but Mark Hamill really missed Luke’s blabbering about Obi-Wan and Dagobah while he’s half-unconscious. It doesn’t look very real… but meh, y’all know how old Georgie loves “show, don’t tell”, right?

God, Luke in the bacta tank looks like he has a diaper on.

Lol, Han and Leia bickering again and Chewie snickering. Priceless.

(Man, I can actually see a similar scene happening between Rey and Kylo. They’re on board of the MF with Chewie, they’re chased, Kylo tries to tell Rey what to do but she doesn’t are and does her thing, and saves their skins. Kylo is dumbed, once again, and you have Rey slowly turning towards him and saying: “You know… you need a teacher.” Chewie loses it.)

HAN SOLO IS A SMUG BASTARD. SO IS HIS SON.

Luke looks so done. OMG.

AND THEN THERE’S THE KISS.

You know. Things happen.

You seen Game of Thrones?

I mean, like, they didn’t know they were brother and sister, like…

Yeah. Things happen.

LUKE’S “b**** PLEASE” FACE WHEN HE GLANCES AT HAN, OH GOD, AND THE WAY HE JUST CASUALLY SITS BACK

I can’t help but wonder if breathing is painful for Vader, considering he had zero anaesthesia when he got put in that suit… Well, constant pain is certainly something that would help him canalize his anger into Dark Side power! Youch. Because if that’s true, that means Palpatine is using that at full advantage…

WOOKIE HUG

Seriously, I need Chewie hugging Rey and Kylo together at some point.

All right, I can see why Han/Luke is a thing. I’m still hardcore Hanleia though.

But they kind of remind me of Finn and Poe. Not sure why, though. I mean, Luke and Han are friends, while I really read Poe as gay (Finn, not so much).

Okay, question: did Kylo kill Mitaka (that’s his name, right?)? Because the fact that Kylo doesn’t kill his men when they fail him and rather vents on the equipment while Vader Force-chokes his to death is pretty solid proof Kylo is far from reaching the levels of bad Vader reached. Sure, people who hate Kylo will talk about him wrecking stuff as if it’s the worst thing ever and that it’s solid proof that he’s irredeemable (nah for real), but it’s still better than killing some FO officers.

Lol, Leia is there giving orders and she’s so smol, compared to everyone else.

#pilotssowhite #sorrynotsorry

Am I the only one who finds the legged tanks a bit ridiculous? They’re iconic for sure, but the legs? God.

Legged tank trips and falls. Epic fail.

Youch, Luke, no, you don’t have time to save your buddy. Sad

Of course Han won’t leave without Leia *wink wink*

Seriously, I look at what Luke did with the legged tank, and I don’t understand why they didn’t send more people to do that.

Come on, Threepio, keep up. You’re actually worse than Bilbo Baggins.

Vader? How the heck did you get in the base?

Haha, Vader, too late, your daughter is eloping with a smuggler.

Wait, Hanleia’s theme is playing while they’re trying to leave with the MF… which symbolizes Hanleia’s love story really taking flight as this moment…

STFU THREEPIO

With Dagobah having some sort of really strong “Dark Side atmosphere”, I wonder if Ahch-To is going to have a sort of really strong “Light Side atmosphere” as some sort of reverse. Curious to see how Rey is going to react to it. And Kylo and the KoR if they go there.

Artoo and Luke are so cheeky with each other XD

And we get glimpse of Vader without the helmet… yup, he got toasted all right. The admiral actually looks surprised to see the back of a human head.

Lol, Han catching Leia and she wanting to get off… *sigh*

HAN AND HIS DIRTY JOKES

“I’m looking for a great warrior.” Ah, yes, Luke. I know him. I saw him sitting on Ikea cushions in all his glory.

Yoda and the flashlight… yup, he likes shiny things.

Yoda, stop being a pain in the a**. You’re driving Luke to the Dark Side. (Okay, I get it, it’s a test…)

Well, if Luke used those techniques with Ben, no wonder he turned to the Dark Side.

OH AND WE’RE GETTING TO DAT MOMENT

YALL KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT

God, Leia cowers away from Han like an angry cat.

Han called Leia by her first name for the first time. It sounded weird after all those nicknames he’d give her.

Yes, now I’m pretty sure Leia calls him a scoundrel when they have sex.

And Leia is absolutely unable to keep a straight face unlike before.

Yup, Han has absolutely no concept of personal space. Just like his son. And he’s muttering. Just like Kylo did in the interrogation scene when he got really close to Rey.

OH FOR f****’S SAKE THREEPIO

Han is so pissed, lol

“What is thy biding” Never noticed the “thy” before.

So obviously, Pappy is referring at Anakin and Vader as two separate entities for plot needs, but it does remind me of how Snoke insists on no one referring to Kylo Ren as Ben Solo.

Yup, Pappy is saying the exact same words Vader is going to tell Luke later.

Yoda is leaving R2 outside, RUDE

Yup, Luke is still very much a kid.

Frankly, I don’t see why so many people insist on Rey = Luke. I mean, sure, they both have the “Force prodigy kid from a desert planet” thing, but the similarities stop there. Character-wise, Finn is a lot more like Luke.

Yeah, I can picture a younger Obi-Wan as reckless, especially with Qui-Gon as a master… until he got brainwashed by the Jedi Council.

“I have a bad feeling about this” Take a shot every time you hear that sentence in SW.

“I AM NOT A COMMITTEE”

This movie has the best lines ever.

Ha, the monster looks like an oven mitten (and it probably is).

God, I’m looking at Luke twirling in the air with Yoda on his back and I’m legit wondering if Luke is going to have Rey do the same thing while piggyback riding him XD

Ooooh, snakes and lizards everywhere while Luke has his Force trial. Interesting.

So. Rey didn’t kill Kylo and therefore didn’t give into the Dark Side. Luke did “kill” Vader during his Force trial, so, in a way, he did give in. And he then sees his face in the Vader mask because if he wanted to, he could become just as bad as Vader is. (Sure helps that during his Force trial, Luke really looks youthful…)

And there’s Boba Fett. Why does everyone love him so much again? Never understood why.

Of course, Han, it’s never your fault.

Captain Needa knows he’s screwed. He just knows.

Yeah, I think spending time in the wild instead of Coruscant condos only did Yoda good.

Han and his scoundrel tricks… he’s getting a free ride on a Star Destroyer.

LEIA FINALLY SHUT THREEPIO DOWN, THANK GOD

Now, I wonder if we’re going to see a younger Lando in the young Han Solo movie…

Ha, when Leia kisses Han on the cheek, he has a “SQUEE” face for a while. Hilarious.

Yoda is so done with Skywalkers. I can feel it.

Yup, Yoda has zero understanding of human feelings. I mean, of course Luke won’t just stand there and let Han and Leia in danger. Come on.

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Leia looks so done.

Yup, Leia is having a good time making Han jealous by responding to Lando’s flirting XD

Yeah, right, don’t let Luke go and join Han and Leia. Too risky. He might meet Vader and learn the truth. I’m sorry, but Yoda and Obi-Wan look real shady here.

So, according to Yoda, Vader chose the quick and easy path? WTH?

“There is another.” Leia. Except it wasn’t supposed to be Leia, to this point. Still bitter Leia never developed her Force abilities.

Leia is so tiny compared to Han, aw. Yes, I can’t wait to see smol Rey and tol Kylo together.

Yup, Leia definitely wants Han to stay with her. Han was right in the beginning. XD

Mmm, Chewie actually liked Threepio. Well if Chewie can stand Threepio, he can stand Kylo for sure. XD

“Sorry, am I interrupting anything?” Yup, Han and Leia are fighting like an old married couple and Lando can totally see that.

Lando is being a goddamn flirt and Han hates it, lol.

Darth “You eloped with my daughter, now we’re going to have the most awkward family dinner ever, Rebel scum” Vader.

Okay but can we just have Lando’s daughter or something in Episode VIII or IX?

Wait, why is Leia back in her old clothes?

“Yeah, you’re a real hero.” And that marks the beginning of Lando’s character development.

Yeah, Leia likes it when Han starts brawl fights.

And now I imagine a scenario where Kylo’s Solo side comes out and he starts a brawl fight, and Rey being basically a streetfighter girl in Jakku joins in…

Oh god, Leia and Han looking at each other… my feels. And Chewie rushing to defend Han, while he makes him promise in the end to protect Leia… I’M NOT OKAY

AND THAT KISS

I LOVE YOU

I KNOW

Because that’s such a Han thing to say.

And he never once takes his eyes off Leia…

Yup, Leia deserves her title of Sansa Stark of SW all right.

Yes, I will be mightily pissed if Kylo isn’t redeemed. Leia deserves better.

The way she clutches Chewie… god, Leia’s vulnerable moments are effective. She plays it all tough and angry all the time, and when she gets vulnerable, it hurts.

Luke has arrived… and he’s quite conveniently separated from R2.

“The Force is strong with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet.” That line really implies that Vader thinks Luke is still malleable. Noice.

Boba Fett’s ship reminds me of something I will not name. Starts with a p. I’ve read too much smut fic.

Yup, related or not, Luke/Leia definitely wasn’t set to be the romance. Just look at Leia looking at Boba’s ship leaving. I don’t why, it just really clicked at that moment for me.

The lightsaber battles got a lot better than in ANH.

WATCH YOUR BACK LUKE.

Ouch, with all that heavy stuff falling on Luke’s back, surprised he’s not more severely injured…

Yup, Rey and Kylo are going to get a duel in VIII for sure.

Ouch. Hand’s gone.

I’m still pretty sure Kylo is going to be the one losing the hand and not Rey. She isn’t the Skywalker of this trilogy: he is. And since it’s a Skywalker thing to lose a limb, well, that will be the moment where his legacy is going to come back and slap him in the face (pun intended).

As much as Vader is pretty chill compared to Anakin, with all his talk about ruling the galaxy, he’s still a drama queen deep down.

Yeah, an AU where Rey and Kylo rule the galaxy is a pretty attractive storyline… even though it’s never going to happen and it’s certainly better that way XD

“REY, I AM YOUR COUSIN”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I THOUGHT YOU WERE CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE”

“Ha, just kidding. Now are you going to kiss me?” *Kylo gets Force-slapped*

So apparently, Mark Hamill didn’t know until they shot that scene that Vader was actually Luke’s father, and he got a script with Vader having different lines and stuff. So his reaction is genuine… Well, I can’t help but think: “God, Mark Hamill is being such a fanboy here” XD

“JOIN ME, AND WE CAN RULE THE GALAXY AS HUSBAND AND WIFE”

“… Okay, but I’m in charge.”

“… Fine.”

Why but why doesn’t Vader use the Force when Luke falls down?

Yup, I don’t want to be in Luke’s position. Missing a hand, and if he falls…

Okay, but isn’t it kinda weird that Leia can sense Luke calling her if it wasn’t planned at that moment that she was a Skywalker?

Yup, black is way classier than white for space limos.

Luke is pissed off that Obi-Wan and Yoda didn’t tell him Vader is actually Dad, and understandably so. They’ve been real shady here, and they weren’t much better in the PT at times.

And youch, Luke sure got beaten up. Sad

But why is Luke’s prosthetic hand looking like a real hand here and have it look robotic in TFA? Meh.

So. I’m surprised I didn’t notice it until now, but there is definitely a pattern when it comes to trilogies.

The Phantom Menace = A New Hope = The Force Awakens = the main trio coming together.

Attack of the Clones = The Empire Strikes Back = the main romance being set.

The Empire Strikes Back = Episode VIII = the darker and edgier episode.

Revenge of the Sith = Return of the Jedi = (probably) Episode IX = the big conflict is being resolved. In ROTS: dark wins over light. In ROTJ: light wins over dark. In Episode IX, hopefully: balance.

If they keep on going with the pattern, Reylo might come together in Episode VIII. But it’s going to be tricky.

EDIT: I just thought of something about Han and Leia. You know, if ESB came out today, I'm pretty sure people on Tumblr would start yelling about how their relationship is abusive and all that nonsense. I mean, Han doesn't respect Leia's personal space, he keeps on insisting she's interested while she keeps on telling him no. But thing is (and that's where the nuance comes from), Leia is pretty bad at hiding it and she really is interested. Still, you'd have the people on Tumblr saying it's sending a bad message to young girls and boys (you know, the whole "If you harass a woman long enough, she'll eventually consent"), but the nuance we get here is that Leia is in no way a meek little flower/damsel in distress. And that makes all the difference. Of course, people don't complain about Hanleia because they've got ROTJ goggles, but I just wish people had more of that perspective in which they clearly see Leia is not in any way weaker than Han for Rey towards Kylo... It seriously disturbs me that antis really seem to turn Rey into a damsel in distress (and when you're lucky, it's to make Finn look better No ), and I just hope Episode VIII will prove the contrary.

Last edited by Irina de France on Sat 07 May 2016, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 07 May 2016, 9:24 am

@Irina de France

Wow your post is really in depth Very Happy

Luke's post kiss face is priceless - so smug, so rubbing it in.  But Han rises above it Shocked

Kylo didn't kill Mitaka (?) according to Pablo at least, I think???  Kylo takes his anger out on inanimate objects not long distance or short distance subordinate murders like his grandfather.  Says a lot that he's not that far gone - still some humanity in him. Leia knows - she just best not give up on him now.

Good point about the pain Vader must be in and it feeding the Dark Side within him.  You see it with Kylo on SKB - he's in pain + punching himself in his side where his wound is to increase the pain and feed the Dark Side.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 07 May 2016, 10:39 am

@Rogue Rey @Irina de France I'm tied up this morning Mad  so I'll catch up in the afternoon.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 07 May 2016, 12:32 pm

Saw it again recently first time as an adult and gotta say Han is almost a masochist the way he keeps sticking around. Granted she likes him back, but he puts up with so much attitude from Leia, I was like "Dude, this it not worth it. You gotta get out of there." She's even sniping at him when he comes back during the ground invasion, ceiling falling in to get her out of there. And when he's trying to get the MF to start up so they barely make it out of there by the seat of their pants, she's being snide with comments about getting out and pushing. Granted things finally work out between them, but she doesn't even thank him! Seriously, he does all of that to protect her and ends up getting into worse trouble with the bounty on his head. And she never even says a simple Thank You to him once.

I've never been much of a fan of Han, but seeing it again as an adult, he had my complete sympathy for what he does for her and ends up screwed. Also the sniping, especially on her end, didn't seem sexy as much as it reinforced the crack the Village Voice review of TFA had about how "in a move predicted by couples counselors for over 30 years, Han and Leia have finally broken up." tl;dr, I think Han deserved better!

Other things I noticed:

* To add to my sympathy for Han, notice how much he is sweating and panicked eyes when he's trying to get everybody off of Hoth. Not the cool dude everybody thinks he is.

* The editing for the escape sequence, especially paired with the score, and shot of them flying off from Luke's perspective (setting up the two plots) is A+++.

* TFA gets called a reboot of the first movie, but they set things far ahead of schedule by repeating the whole "there's been an awakening" scene as mentioned above. If they do a fake out in the next movie of playing with people's expectations that it's exactly the same, they'll have KR tasked to go after Rey, setting up the expectation of "plucky underdog versus emo bully" round two. But as @Irina de France points out, it's actually a scene about being ordered to go after a loved one/somebody close to you. Hopefully they'll play with that expectation big time and then freak people out by making it more clear that it's "Rey, I am the guy who has a big crush on you." I'd be willing to bet the crawl text references these two nerds by repeating the crawl text about Vader's hunt for Luke.

* Han and Leia arguing in the hallway in front of everybody walking by = everybody on Starkiller knowing about Kylo Ren and "the girl"

* Rey's pretty low maintenance after years of living hand to mouth, so maybe "Join me and we can to an all you eat salad bar." Kind of says something about being a wannabe Evil Galactic Overlord if your crush is the cute, low maintenance tomboy from the wrong side of the tracks. Of course the hilarious difference is that while Luke's too clueless to be good at ruling the galaxy, she'd probably be really good at it and bossing KR around.

* Between the first movie and this, Rey's "That one is garbage" isn't just a callback to Luke saying "what a piece of junk," but also Leia's "Into the garbage chute" and "we'll just float away with the rest of the garbage." Maybe it connects to both being moments of escape or how in words of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, Leia and Rey are totally in the "Bi***** get S*** Done" camp.

* Ugh, Luke still bores me. Couldn't stand him as a kid, still can't stand him as an adult. Seriously, I know he's a good guy who's struggling to do the right thing while still being immature/whiny, but ZZZZZ. Same goes for Yoda, don't care. However crazy old man Luke is looking to be way more interesting than his earlier incarnation. At least Leia makes up for being mean to Han by saving him.

* God, the whole movie Vader is like the worst case scenario when you have an estranged crazy family member trying to insert themselves back into your life. I can feel sympathy for Luke in that respect, having a couple of family members where you try to keep one step ahead of them because of the crazy destruction they bring in their wake.

* Same conclusion I had as a kid, Leia and Han were totally boning once they got to Cloud City.

* Chewie rescuing Rey and opting to go with her to find Luke = Han's request that he take care of Leia. Chewie kinda likes her, but he also knows that Han would want him to look after Rey.

* Rey taking off with Chewie at the end after saying goodbye to Leia, maybe a little bit of a callback to the ending of the Empire Strikes Back where it was Lando and Chewie taking off to find where Han had been taken? In that Rey's off to find somebody missing for Leia, except this time it's Luke.

* Sequel Idea - for IX, I just want it to be Rey and Leia in the MF like Thelma and Louise. Seriously though, that ending, it's like getting across who's in charge and gets s**t done in this galaxy, it's the women.

* Finally, I didn't realize until recently how the original draft (and a lot of what people praise) about the script was written by science fiction and golden age of Hollywood screenwriter Leigh Brackett. Lucas supposedly didn't like her draft and she died of cancer shortly after. But she wrote for Howard Hawks and co-wrote the screenplay for the Big Sleep with William Faulkner (!!!). iO9 just did a great tribute to her and her career as a writer, especially in genres and a time where women weren't welcomed

http://io9.gizmodo.com/they-mocked-her-science-fantasy-then-she-wrote-empir-489586578
They mocked her "science fantasy." Then she wrote Empire Strikes Back.

An aunt once asked her: “Why don’t you write nice stories for the Ladies’ Home Journal?”, to which Brackett replied: “I wish I could, because they pay very well, but I can’t read the Ladies’ Home Journal, and I’m sure I couldn’t write for it.”

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 07 May 2016, 10:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 07 May 2016, 3:54 pm

Due to unforeseeable circumstances will have to watch tomorrow.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 07 May 2016, 4:02 pm

Same over here Sad
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 07 May 2016, 4:03 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Same over here Sad
@Darth_Awakened

We won't be alone tomorrow, than. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Armadeus Sun 08 May 2016, 8:27 am

Empire Strikes Back; the crown jewel of the OT. My observations will come piecemeal.

-Yeesh... the imperial probe droid always creeped me out. It's got those legs... like some kind of crab or spider... And those eyes... dead and hollow... *shudder* Why is it so creepy? The Empire should really have a word with its PR department. Maybe having something like BB-8 would help make the Empire more endearing... win over hearts and minds.

-Does Admiral Ozzel have a death wish?

VADER: 'That's it! The Rebels are there!'

OZZEL: My lord... there are so many uncharted systems. It could be smugglers...

Dude, what the hell are you doing? This is Darth 'I-will-snap-your-neck-like-a-twig-if-you-displease-me' Vader. If he says they're there, they're there. And if he's wrong... well then it's his problem.

-Han and Leia arguing. People walking by like: 'Ugh, this crap again.'

-Leia's briefing the pilots.

RANDOM PILOT: Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?

Who is this guy, thinking he can just talk back to his commanding officer like that? Not even a 'If I may be so bold.' He just jumps right in and questions her orders. Dude, what the hell? When Princess Leia says 'fly', you say 'How far?' You don't start giving lip!

-OK. It's official. If I ever join the Imperial Army, definitely signing up to be an AT-AT driver. It's like... the best job in the galaxy. Apart from firing the Death Star. That's pretty cool, too.

Further observations and/or ramblings will be made available tomorrow.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 08 May 2016, 8:43 am

LOL, Kylo gets projection from his mom.

Leia:"Han, we need you"

Han:"We need you? What about you?"

Kylo:"Forget the droid, we have all we need."

Hux:"Ren thought the girl was all we needed."

LOL, this family. Kylo also has his mom's chin and his dad's nose but twice his size. I suppose other assets are twice Han's size. Twisted Evil

@Kylo Ren You know what they say about men with really big noses and really big ears...and Kylo has both!

LOL, R2 doesn't give a f*** about Han. he worries only about Master Luke.

Han keeps complaining about bad smell. Fist the garbage chute, now Tauntaun's insides. Laughing

Han and Leia have big ears each so no wonder Kylo's a Dumbo.

The infamous sibling kiss. LMAO!

March of the Empire intro!

Luke and Han say goodbye, gaze at each other longer than necessary. if ESB was made now, Huke would be the biggest SW ship ever, Kylux who?

Vader Force choking the general on the screen, from such distance, is some impressive sith.

Budget for this obviously grew cause there's none of ANH's charming dodgy-ness. Vader's pitiful ANH helmet is now what we know as Vader. Polished, dark, scary. And he's all business.

The moment we've been waiting for!
Spoiler:
Oh, wait wrong movie! Laughing

Imperial Walker design makes no sense whatsoever but it's so cool you instantly want a toy so who cares?

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 08 May 2016, 9:16 am; edited 6 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 08 May 2016, 9:11 am

ESB has a special place in my heart. It is the first SW movie I have ever watched.
Long time ago when I was 9, in the theatre with some friends.
We were kids and we were crazy about that movie.

Here we go....

Opening crawl tells us very clearly it will be Luke vs Vader showdown.

Visually stunning from the first sequences

Tauntan!!!! space cangoroo!!

Wampa!!!

Lol Han hair game...

Han & Leia...the game is on..and lil Ben is on his way..not yet though

Han cares genuinely about Luke or just seeks an excuse to stay around bit longer..

Hungry wampa!

Hey Skywalkers! any problem with pulling a saber from the snow...if Rey was there...

Dear oh dear...jeeeez C3PO just shut up!

Laserbrain!!! Nerfherder!!!!

Somebody should tells us what Chewie told Han after bro-sis kiss.

Probe droid - Han shot first!

Vader is on fire. And totally in personal interest area.

Two commanders of Skywalker family - Vader and Leia - sequence to sequence.

DOOM DOOM DOOM - everything shakes - snow-walkers are coming (pardon AT-ATs lol)

Oh hello Grand Maester Pycelle - you looked better back then,

Leia fights till the end - I love that lady!

Han applies same technique on Falcon as I do on my copy machine - kicks it when it does not work.

Asteroid field - Han s speciallity.

Dagobah - perfectly safe for droids lol.

Chewie take the professor back and plug him in the hyperdrive Very Happy

Khm...Han almost plugged himself in Leia (me: perv)

Yoda - less classy than in PT

Now the moment....
Han: I seee an island...lol..
(AD definitely pull Han in the interrogation scene)

Vader and Palpy - the emperor is above creepiness.
Vader is a bit reluctant, but still heavily in Palpy s claws. He is just a boy...but he has to die if refuses to join.
Anakin Skywalker mentioned - the next sequence Yoda and Luke are talking about him as well. (well placed hint leading to reveal who Anakin really is now). Have not noticed it by now.

Always hated that big snake or whatever in the asteroid.

Yoda - fitness: do not try it at home!

Cave sequence! .
what s in there?- only what you take with you..
(I had my hands over my eyes during the sequence when I was 9 - I was scared to death!)

Look Boba Fett! (for 3 seconds) He said a word. Woah!

Back to Dagobah...Luke is still whiny - just mentioning.

Luminous creatures are we - not this crude matter (Had it written over my bedpost for years)

In the Falcon...C3P0 still annoying..this time Leia had enough.

Han & Lando: established in a few words and audience knows all - great writing!

Always in the motion future is...

Cloud city - visually "most impressive" Always loved the colours.

Hello - what have we here...lol old charmer Lando.

Dagobah...Luke chooses what his heart tells him..
meanwhile...a small refreshment at Cloud city - most awkward family dinner ever..

Chewie is the most likable overemotional creature ever!

Han s torture: Imagining conversation- Vader: You will never date my daughter again!

I love - I know

The whole carbonite sequence is great!

Then...
The Force is with you young Skywalker but you are not Jedi yet!

The first real duel in SW saga is about the begin...

The problem with Vader and his feelings during this scene is the fact he wears a mask whole time (unlike his grandson in TFA during the showdown with Han)

What is important here is the way he refers to Luke: it starts with young Skywalker (completely neutral), to young one (still neutral but not so official anymore), than when Luke s hand s been cut off, from that moment Vader calls him just Luke (even before he reveals him who he is). It is the most important moment for both: Vader is facing the decision he had promised to Palps (Luke will join or die), and Luke is facing his own identitity (or destiny as Vader said).
Luke decides for both - fells on purpose, chooses death rather than joins the dark side (against Yoda s and Obi s beliefs).

And I think this is the turning point for Vader - no, he will not redeem himself until the end of ROTJ - but all the process has started with Luke s choice and later on, while lying on the Falcon, Vader calls him son (the most intimate way), and Luke answering with the father.

At the end we have to force bonds forged, Luke with his father, and Luke with his sister.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 08 May 2016, 9:25 am

OMG!OMG! I've just realized something! The moment that brings Hanleia truly together is...ta-da:

when the world is exploding around them on a snow planet!!!!!

Does that sound familiar to you? Holy sith you troll JJ you! Snow planet, Han and Leia fight (verbally), she calls him names (specifically scruffy nerf herder), world starts to crumble around them. Snow planet, Rey and Ren fight (with LS), she calls him names (specifically monstah), world starts to crumble around them. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 08 May 2016, 9:28 am

vaderito wrote:OMG!OMG! I've just realized something! The moment that brings Hanleia truly together is...ta-da:

Does that sound familiar to you? Holy sith you troll JJ you! Snow planet, Han and Leia fight (verbally), she calls him names (specifically scruffy nerf herder), world starts to crumble around them. Snow planet, Rey and Ren fight (with LS), she calls him names (specifically monstah), world starts to crumble around them. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
@vaderito

What a fantastic find! I know there's a few people on here who realized Reylo was a thing during the interrogation or even the Bridal carry, but for me it was the snow fight - the teacher moment is what sealed the deal for me.

This, for me, makes it that much more poignant!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 08 May 2016, 9:28 am

vaderito wrote:OMG!OMG! I've just realized something! The moment that brings Hanleia truly together is...ta-da:

@vaderito

cheers

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 08 May 2016, 9:30 am

This why I love Viewing Parties so much. We all find out some sith that we didn't see before and also see the movies with fresh eyes.

My Reylo life is complete now.

Blogging continues:

Han is the best SW pilot period. That evasive action that caused near Star Destroyer collision beats any Death Star/SKB blow up. This is some real sith, folks. I can't wait to see Ben's flying skills.

F*** anti-Redemptionists! This is a movie about Kylo's parents. Anyone who doesn't want to see their son redeemed and get a chance to live has no heart and is no real fan of Han and Leia. Seriously, look at those two. How can anyone wish their son to remain irredeemable evil overlord that gets worse and worse in every movie until Rey beheads him or whatever? For shame!

I really think that it would have been better if Yoda was this primitive alien who's really strong with the Force because of it (more in touch with nature aka Force than f***-ups from JC Hi-rise on Coruscant), not an ex-JC Hi-Rise dweller who fell from Ikea luxury to swamp dwelling. There's mystery, magic and wonder in the swamp and none in urban areas. That Jedi moved their main Temple to megapolis tells you all you need to know.

THE KISS!!!! H-beating H-beating H-beating

Han is such a star in this. His banter with 3PO is so good they make amazing double act "Chew, take the professor..." LOL, Solo snark is Evil

Luke's real cute, endowed in bacta tank and has fine arm muscles.

"Is DS stronger"

"No, no, but it's more seductive"

Interesting.

So, Kylo scarring = Rey tapped into DS. "Jedi uses the Force only for knowledge and defense. never for attack". Scarring for neither knowledge nor defense (he was disarmed).

LOL, so Yoda talks about seductiveness of DS right before taking Luke to the DS Cave. And sure enough, there's a snake wrapped around the branch of a tree at the entrance of the cave. Yeah, SW symbolism is always very straight forward. Kylo takes off his mask and there's snake rattle/hiss.

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 08 May 2016, 10:16 am; edited 7 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 08 May 2016, 10:00 am

Guys, I have two questions about Vader. First, did he insist that Hanleia were alive because he knew that Han was a great pilot or he felt them? Back in ESB time Leia wasn't a FS so that would mean he sensed non-FS Han and non-FS Leia. Like Kylo could sense Han.

Second, when Emperor says that Young Skywalkah must be destroyed, Vader immediately suggests they try to turn him instead. Attempt to save Luke? Like when Kylo suggested to get the map from Snoke in response to decision to destroy Illeenium system.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sun 08 May 2016, 10:27 am

vaderito wrote:Guys, I have two questions about Vader. First, did he insist that Hanleia were alive because he knew that Han was a great pilot or he felt them? Back in ESB time Leia wasn't a FS so that would mean he sensed non-FS Han and non-FS Leia. Like Kylo could sense Han.

Second, when Emperor says that Young Skywalkah must be destroyed, Vader immediately suggests they try to turn him instead. Attempt to save Luke? Like when Kylo suggested to get the map from Snoke in response to decision to destroy Illeenium system.
@vaderito

Well, Han does have a reputation throughout the galaxy (not to mention that there's a bounty on his head). So Vader could have very well known they were probably still alive because of Han's reputation. Either way, you're never too sure, and Vader is well-known to be a maniacal perfectionist, hehe.

Well, I don't know how much Vader cares about his family to this point, given how unemotional he is. But in ROTS, he did have a strong reaction to Padmé dying, so knowing that Padmé's baby is alive somewhere is certainly a good motivation for him wanting Luke to survive and stay with him.

So with Rey Solo debunked, and Rey Skywalker being unlikely, I think it's easy to draw parallels with Kylo wanting Rey to just stay with him and most especially, why Wink
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 08 May 2016, 10:29 am

Reylo is canon! Very Happy

Yoda pulling Luke's ship out of mud is a truly magical cinematic moment.

"Always in motion future is". Kylo with a mask, Kylo without a mask.

LOL, Luke's about to leave his training to save Hanleia. Yoda and OB1 show no compassion for Luke's friends, talk some more Dark Side seduction. On a cue, Luke finds another snake in his ship's motor. OK, we get it, Luke will be tempted.

Vader is the worst. Tortures Han. "He never even asked me any questions". Oy.

Interesting fact, Rey and Kylo's looks are more longing than looks than Leia and Han exchange before carbonizing. It's longing but not THAT longing. probably because they consumed the relationship for real while Rey and Kylo are still "inappropriate use of Force" only.

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 08 May 2016, 10:58 am; edited 4 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 08 May 2016, 10:32 am

vaderito wrote:Guys, I have two questions about Vader. First, did he insist that Hanleia were alive because he knew that Han was a great pilot or he felt them? Back in ESB time Leia wasn't a FS so that would mean he sensed non-FS Han and non-FS Leia. Like Kylo could sense Han.

@vaderito

1. I do not know. Maybe an inconsistency of sort.
2. I have been always reading this scene as caring for his son. There is also...he is just a boy.

The evidence is in ROTS - the only person Vader cared for after he turned is Padme. The first thing he asks Palps when is already in armour is: Where is Padme? Then comes that idiotic: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
So, yes, if we looking from the dark side point of view: Vader s love to his family is definitely his main flaw (or virtue - light side point of view)

There is also one thing I noticed long time ago: The change in Vader s behavior in ESB. He is apparently much more nervous from the beginning, he kills all those admirals one by one, he starts to loose sith.
The problem is that we can not see his face - it just a mask.
Nor Yoda, nor Obi, and what is more important nor Palps have never been aware of this.
But you know who is aware: Snoke! And I think that is why he insisted on killing Han.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 08 May 2016, 10:40 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:

1. I do not know. Maybe an inconsistency of sort.
2. I have been always reading this scene as caring for his son. There is also...he is just a boy.

The evidence is in ROTS - the only person Vader cared for after he turned is Padme. The first thing he asks Palps when is already in armour is: Where is Padme? Then comes that idiotic: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
So, yes, if we looking from the dark side point of view: Vader s love to his family is definitely his main flaw (or virtue - light side point of view)

There is also one thing I noticed long time ago: The change in Vader s behavior in ESB. He is apparently much more nervous from the beginning, he kills all those admirals one by one, he starts to loose sith.
The problem is that we can not see his face - it just a mask.
Nor Yoda, nor Obi, and what is more important nor Palps have never been aware of this.
But you know who is aware: Snoke! And I think that is why he insisted on killing Han.
@Darth_Awakened

That's a great observation! he knew Luke was his son before Palp dropped the bombshell, hence suggesting his turning so fast. he knew moment would come when Palp would feel "the disturbance in the Fohse". He was nervous in ESB because he wanted to get to Luke before Palp.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next