Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI

+7
Kylo Ren
Armadeus
Saracene
Irina de France
Rogue Rey
spacebaby45678
Force22
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI Empty Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI

Post by vaderito Sat 14 May 2016, 7:28 am

Dear all,

This is the sixth of the viewing parties for all 7 episodes.

We are watching one episode each weekend (Saturday and Sunday) so that fans from different timezones can participate at any time. Here's the schedule for all viewing parties:

The Phantom Menace - weekend of 9/10 April
Attack of the Clones - weekend of 16/17 April
Revenge of the Sith - weekend of 23/24 April
A New Hope - weekend of 30 April/1 May
The Empire Strikes Back - weekend of 7/8 May

Return of the Jedi - weekend of 14/15 May
The Force Awakens - weekend of 21/22 May

The idea is to get as many posters to see the movie at approximately same time (weekend) so that we can discuss it together fresh from or during the viewing (if you find a particular scene very interesting or relevant for ST, you can pause and post about it and resume watching). The idea is to see how all 7 movies influence and mirror each other, Ring Composition, etc. Also, they are about Kylo Ren's family so they tie with TFA. We hope that watching TFA after other 6 will result in fresh take on this very much discussed movie.

So, viewing party begins now! Jump in whenever you have time. You have 2 days at your disposal. cheers

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI

Post by Irina de France Sat 14 May 2016, 7:54 am

I'll try watching it tonight, but I can't guarantee anything. My schedule is even tighter than it was last week, I have finals like crazy and it was already hard to watch ESB and take notes like I did. But I will try, especially that I'm going to do a summary of the OT in the end.

I'll try watching the prequels and comment about them too once I'll be done with all my finals.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 14 May 2016, 9:41 am

I am watching ROTJ now,

Interesting but the opening sequence with the rescue of Han from Jabba's is really really good, it's pacing reminds me of a Raiders flick and is better than most action movie sequences that come out of late. Han is feeling the love from his friends, it is so nice and a real character growth arc over the 3 movies.

Lando is so hot!
Boba is dead man...
The Lando/Han bromance is so nice to see without any undertones, acting is perfect so there is no accidental shipping lmao.

Leia love eyes, she is so in love. H-beating

The scenes on Dagobah with Yoda are good, but I don't like Obi's force ghost, maybe it is Alec Guiness's portrayal, I don't know. Something about it does not feel right.

Love Vaders walk, Love that once Vader begins to have feelings for Luke, the Emperor can no longer read his mind Shocked foreshadowing!?

I am sorry, but I know a lot of DUDES/FANBOYS hated on ROTJ because of the Ewoks, but I think GL was ahead of his time on this one. Ewoks are cute and meme prone, that is such an internet/social media viral idea that would complete work now. I love them.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 14 May 2016, 9:47 am

@spacebaby45678 I'm gonna join!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 14 May 2016, 10:16 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:I am watching ROTJ now,

Interesting but the opening sequence with the rescue of Han from Jabba's is really really good, it's pacing reminds me of a Raiders flick and is better than most action movie sequences that come out of late.  Han is feeling the love from his friends, it is so nice and a real character growth arc over the 3 movies.

Lando is so hot!
Boba is dead man...
The Lando/Han bromance is so nice to see without any  undertones, acting is perfect so there is no accidental shipping lmao.

Leia love eyes, she is so in love.  H-beating

The scenes on Dagobah with Yoda are good, but I don't like Obi's force ghost, maybe it is Alec Guiness's portrayal, I don't know. Something about it does not feel right.

Love Vaders walk, Love that once Vader begins to have feelings for Luke, the Emperor can no longer read his mind  Shocked  foreshadowing!?

I am sorry, but I know a lot of DUDES/FANBOYS hated on ROTJ because of the Ewoks, but I think GL was ahead of his time on this one. Ewoks are cute and meme prone, that is such an internet/social media viral idea that would complete work now. I love them.

@spacebaby45678

I've noticed that Vader has become forgiving since discovering that his son was alive. otherwise he would have Force choked that slacker of a Death Star 2.0 commanding officer. That's a subtle thing that shows change in him that people usually don't pick up on. As well as that Palp can't read his mind as you noticed.

Life with Vader must be a bore. Kylo's Storm Troopers got it much better. He bridal carries s gurrrl. That's food for gossip, lmao!

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 14 May 2016, 10:25 am

vaderito wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:I am watching ROTJ now,

Interesting but the opening sequence with the rescue of Han from Jabba's is really really good, it's pacing reminds me of a Raiders flick and is better than most action movie sequences that come out of late.  Han is feeling the love from his friends, it is so nice and a real character growth arc over the 3 movies.

Lando is so hot!
Boba is dead man...
The Lando/Han bromance is so nice to see without any  undertones, acting is perfect so there is no accidental shipping lmao.

Leia love eyes, she is so in love.  H-beating

Love Vaders walk, Love that once Vader begins to have feelings for Luke, the Emperor can no longer read his mind  Shocked  foreshadowing!?

@spacebaby45678

I've noticed that Vader has become forgiving since discovering that his son was alive. otherwise he would have Force choked that slacker of a Death Star 2.0 commanding officer. That's a subtle thing that shows change in him that people usually don't pick up on. As well as that Palp can't read his mind as you noticed.

Life with Vader must be a bore. Kylo's Storm Troopers got it much better. He bridal carries s gurrrl. That's food for gossip, lmao!

@vaderito

Luke " I can't kill my own father"
Admiral Ackbar "It's a trap! "
Han " I love you" Leia " I know"

Leia's perfect hair and make up
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 14 May 2016, 10:43 am

What languid pacing this movie have.

Huttslayer is such an underrated moment but is really one of SW's best and most memorable kills. Clever too (using chains to strangle Jabba). Very happy that Claudia Gray built Bloodline plot around it.

OK, so they are setting up Vader's redemption but not obviously. He is more "forgiving", he lets Luke's shuttle to pass even though he could have arrested the whole crew (Kylo letting Finn go after he sensed that Finn didn't shoot may be a callback).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 14 May 2016, 11:16 am

Hello everyone Very Happy  I'm in a good mood - got chocolate yay!! Twisted Evil

Just about to begin watching but am gonna be multi tasking the sith out of this film - reading for my frozen planet course and rolling on here all at the same time!!

Early observations:

Just gotta love the sound of the TIE fighters

Ooooooh the sound of the Death Star

Darth Darth Darth Darthy Darth!!!

Darth is such a bully - dude never seems to just have a chill day!! Evil or Very Mad Cool

Aw all the feels for the 'someone who loves you' line, reveal and kiss H-beating H-beating Cheek kiss

ho ho ho ho ho ho ho - Jabba like a nightmare-ish Father Christmas  Evil

Threepio 'oh I can't bare to watch' about the Jabba licking Leia scene - you and me both metal man you and me both L-puke

Pure love between Han and Chewie!! Love  Awww that hug makes me melt About to C

Luke looking like a bad*** and killing it with the Jedi mind trick - looking very OB1 with his robes in the light at the palace

Luke v the Rancor is a bit like Anakin/Padme/OB1 v reek/nexu and acklay - human vs creature - so will we see someone in the ST vs a creature - if so, who?  or will it be more than 1 vs a creature or creatures??

Boba Fett's death was rather lame for such a built up character.

Huttslayer - Leia proving that you don't always need a man to do the work for you.  Who's to say that the ladies of the SWU can't do sith for themselves!

Aw the beautiful and not at all manipulative friendship between Darth + Palp.

Kylo is a lot like his grandpa - when Darth talks about finding Luke his voice is full of emotion.  When Kylo said Han means nothing to him - his voice is thick with emotion - so many Daddy issues from both sides - Father and Son

Palp wanting to convert Luke together with Darth but even then you get the impression Palp views Luke as Vader's replacement.  See Snoke and Kylo - doesn't say about converting Rey (yet) instead just wants her brought to him - but you still get the impression from the words in the convo that Snoke sees Rey as a replacement for Kylo.  It's all in the words surrounding.

Yoda doing his best to skirt the Vader is Luke's Father issue.  And them dumping that revelation on Luke without a name - bit rude.  Poor Luke Sad   Until ghost OB1 rocks up with the Anakin was seduced to the Dark Side of the Force and ceased to be Anakin and the good man (Anakin) was destroyed.  Hmmmmm hello Kylo Ren/Ben - seduced by Snoke, ceased to be Ben and claimed to have destroyed him.  So much like his grandpops (apart from the small matter of feeling the pull to the light thing)

Many truths we cling to depend on your point of view (similar thing implied in GoT this week!!)

Anonymous for like 5 seconds.

Luke advised to bury his feelings - they do you credit but they could be made to serve the Emperor - Snoke is playing on that with Kylo you can totally see it given that Kylo is practically an emotional wreck

SWU love their reactors

Aw the looks of love Leia gives Han aren't even subtle I love you

Kylo's limo is reminiscent of that Empire shuttle his entire family is currently occupying - Mom, Dad, Uncle Luke, Uncle Chewie, R2 + Threepio.  Oh and lets not forget Vader rocked up in one too!! #Families

Han clearly refused to wear that snazzy headgear currently being sported by Luke and Leia on Endor.

You can tell the relationship between Luke and Leia has changed from Luke's perspective - looks at her far more brotherly now whereas before they were still going with 'attraction'

Aw look its the deleted scene from TFA with Rey + Finn's snowspeeder chase, no sorry it's Luke and Leia with their speeder chase on Endor - see speeder chases in SW tend to involve friends/family v 'soldier's' of the main baddie (OB1+Anakin chasing Padme's wannabe assassin on Coruscant, Luke+Leia's trooper chase on Endor and Rey+Finn's snowspeeder chase on SKB)

Ewoks Suspect (+ a bit of handholding between friends - Leia and her new Ewok buddie!!)

Luke's compassion for Vader will be his undoing (well it almost was) but in turn it was Vader's compassion for Luke that was the killer.  What is it with compassion in the Skywalker family.

In a tight spot call R2 (master of many trades!!!)

I think Chewie and Kylo went to the same hairdresser!!! WinksD WinksD Lolilol ROFL

Han doesn't have much patience for Threepio - can't imagine his so did either.

That baby Ewok is cute Smile

Ewok's ooooo at the Hanleia kisses Cheek kiss Love

A taste of Han's future parenting skills with that Ewok - no wonder Ben wasn't a fan About to C

I'm guessing the Force showed Leia the images of her Mother because there was no way she could ever recall anything of her given she was minutes old when Padme died.

If somehow Leia has always known that Luke is her brother what on earth possessed her to kiss her own brother??  Weird  #Families

Luke needs to remember his own words about his Father and there being good in him when dealing with his nephew.

Jealous Han and teary Leia = their son never stood a chance with their quick fire emotions.

Luke saying Father gets right under Vader's skin - planting the seed and watch it grow in Vader's mind/heart + emotions

Vader + Kylo both think it's too late for them  Sad but it wasn't for Vader and it wont be for Kylo - he's got more time

Han understanding Ewoks  Smile

Luke's right about the Emperor's overconfidence being his weakness.  Dang Luke is just so chill.  The Emperor really overplayed his hand - didn't estimate on a bunch of furry teddybears wrecking his plans did he???!  In your face Sheev, in your face.  #Attackofthefurballs

Poe is totally a cross between Wedge + Lando = not a main star but a key player all the same (as much as I I love you Oscar)

'It's a trap!'

The Emperor really does creepy seduction well - makes my skin itch.

Just what are those arrow tips made of that they can pierce plastic armour???

I can see why they had Finn be a stormtrooper because they really do not have a very good rep - they get killed or knocked out/down so darn easily.  Guess they wanted to prove they're not all wet.

Subtle hints there from Vader (with the slight bow of his head) about the conflict growing within (hello grandson with your subtle hints of the same, oh and the not always so subtle)

Did they really do a tarzan call then???

'I love you' 'I know' in reverse H-beating H-beating Love Love Cheek kiss

Face off complete with a creepy cheerleader Evil

Vader not so bothered by the fact he had twins

Luke can really take a good electrocuting

Bye bye Palp you creepy seductress you

Shame they cut the moment between Vader and Luke with Lando and the Rebel pilots destroying the reactor (like snow fight cut with Poe and the Resistance pilots destroying SKB)

Aw there's absolutely no hate or disgust from Luke when he sees the face of his Father Cry About to C

Wow that simple string of Darth Vader's theme hit me in the feels About to C

What's the betting Poe will end up flying the MF at some point in the ST - even for just a moment??

Han's totally thinking of the Leia/Luke kiss in that moment:

Aw that Hanleia hug Smile

They talk a lot about destiny and it's quite clear at the celebration party that Luke's destiny isn't to become a Father but to serve the Jedi Order like the three in front of him.

Wouldn't that have been the first and only time Anakin/Vader saw his daughter???

FIN

Last edited by Rogue Rey on Sat 14 May 2016, 2:12 pm; edited 16 times in total
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 14 May 2016, 11:24 am

I seriously think this movie's worthless outside of Vader,Luke,Palp plot and Huttslayer scene.

Love that Palp calls Vader "my friend". There was definitely some affection that GL only hinted at but never fully explored.

Kylo is so much like his grandpa. Which means we'll get the "come with me" "Han Solo thought once like you do" moment.

Interesting, completing one's training means DS training. "I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time, you'll call me your master". I wonder if Kylo will have to call Snoke his master when he completes his training.

"The circle is complete. if you don't turn to the dark side perhaps she will." This is where Ben comes from. Making Rey a Skywalker-Solo didn't work because a legacy had to turn to complete the circle and they wanted to have a heroine. So Jedi Killer/Kylo became Hanleia son who turned so that circle was completed (Leia wasn't tempted but her son was instead).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 14 May 2016, 12:23 pm

Rewatched it last night, same as ESB of first time rewatching as an adult. It has its moments, just like Han, but the weakest of the 3 imo:

* Two helmet reveals - is this a callback in TFA given that the lines spoken by his parents & grandfather are

"Who are you?" "Somebody who loves you."

"Let me see you with my own eyes"

* I still think Leia was pretty awful to Han in ESB, but she makes up for it by busting him out and killing Jabba in a pretty direct/vicious manner. The strangling part is pretty DS.

* Is it the power of the darkside that means her hair and makeup are perfect all the time? Is that where her son gets his perfect helmet hair from? Versus Rey who's shown to be grimy/sweaty the entire time?

* How hard is it to get appointed General by the Rebellion considering that both Han and Lando are now generals? Is this like how at technology companies, everybody's a Program Manager? Or does General mean you're in good with Leia? Han doesn't seem particularly General like, other than being a supportive boyfriend who leads the strike team with Leia.

* Dunno, glad they worked things out but I kind of miss the old snarky Han versus the more mellowed out version. Maybe it was the Carbonite? This is where I sort of agree with Harrison Ford and Lawrence Kasdan that he should've been killed off. Han in the TFA is so much more interesting than this version, I guess at least he stuck around long enough to ensure that there'd be a new kid to carry on the next trilogy

* How big of a deal is it to blow up the Death Star when it's happened 3 times now? Lando's is by far the least nerve wracking, other than the business of "it's a trap!" And his puppet co-pilot doesn't really get to do much? Like Han, reformed good guy Lando is kind of boring. I prefer this guy

* On the plus side, only movie in the OT where I like Luke because he has the whole creepy showdown with the Emperor. Man, Luke is like the Jeff Lebowski of Jedis in his response to the "POWER OF THE DARKSIDE" sales pitch.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI Opinion

You know that he and Rey are probably chilling in one of the old Jedi huts drinking White Russians and talking about how the Force Abides, Man.

* This is finally Vader's "Oh Hell No" moment after having bumped off how many people close to him as part of seizing his dark power? The Emperor probably thinks that after killing off his wife, best friend/mentor, and step-brother,  knocking off his kid is no bigs. Dumbass, that's his final straw.  If anything, knocking off Han means that any orders from Snoke to knock off that cute tomboy from the wrong side of the tracks you have a crush on is not going to go over well.

* Also dumbass but they clearly targeted the wrong twin. Luke's all mellow and peaceful, versus Leia who's running the show and strangled Jabba with the chain attaching them together.

* Ewoks are only tolerable because I can't not see the Redwoods National Forest (Humboldt County brah) and the general temperate coastal rainforest with Redwoods that is part of the landscape here and not get happy/sentimental.  Takodana you're pretty for sure, but our forests here are pretty damn ancient and epic.

Although if it were for real, the Rebels would be getting shot at by pot farmers and grow tenders controlled by the Sinaloa Cartel, not Stormtroopers.

* The version I watched had George Lucas' added on additional CGI party scenes, which was like "what's the point?"
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 14 May 2016, 12:33 pm

So Luke cuts off Vader's artificial hand and Vader's weak, can't get up. Than Palp starts blasting Luke with blue lightnings and Vader immediately gains strength. This is like Rey and Kylo. She grew stronger as he grew weaker. Force Bond?

Kylo's unmasking is callback to vader's with a twist - Rey expected a monster but got Kylo. Also, Kylo wanted to see her with his own eyes.

NYE party across the galaxy is so Michael Bay.

if this ending doesn't convince you that Luke's not gonna be a family man...

Hayden is adorable, screw haters of his addition.

Yeah, this doesn't crack my top 3 SW, or Top 4.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 14 May 2016, 12:54 pm

vaderito wrote:So Luke cuts off Vader's artificial hand and Vader's weak, can't get up. Than Palp starts blasting Luke with blue lightnings and Vader immediately gains strength. This is like Rey and Kylo. She grew stronger as he grew weaker. Force Bond?

Kylo's unmasking is callback to vader's with a twist - Rey expected a monster but got Kylo. Also, Kylo wanted to see her with his own eyes.

@vaderito

I think there's a bit of Leia taking her mask (which is the only other one with the weird voice regulator) for Han when he asks "who are you?" in there.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 14 May 2016, 1:08 pm

vaderito wrote:So Luke cuts off Vader's artificial hand and Vader's weak, can't get up. Than Palp starts blasting Luke with blue lightnings and Vader immediately gains strength. This is like Rey and Kylo. She grew stronger as he grew weaker. Force Bond?

@vaderito

BIB - totally got a Force Bond going on - look how many times knew Vader was around/nearby etc
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 14 May 2016, 2:57 pm

Empire personnel has such impractical headgear. I mean, what are those things for? They don't protect, they don't look good, lol?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 14 May 2016, 3:06 pm

Kylo Ren wrote:Dunno @vaderito
They use it to confuse the enemy perhaps?
@Kylo Ren

maybe, like, if we look the part than maybe we act the part right and they get confused/scared/etc.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 14 May 2016, 7:15 pm

I won't be able to do it tonight. Sad I'll watch it tomorrow and post about the movie next Monday.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 14 May 2016, 10:58 pm

Definitely the weakest film of the trilogy. All the stuff with Luke, Vader and Palpatine is awesome and the last scenes between Luke and his father get me all choked up - I'm a hopeless sucker for redemption, what can I say. Leia strangling Jabba with her chains is bad***. The rest is pretty meh. The recycled Death Star plot is already boring second time around, Ewoks and Jabba's palace is too much Star Wars the Muppet Show for my taste, Harrison Ford soooo doesn't want to be there, overall most of the characters outside Luke/Vader/Palpatine feel wasted.

- I can see why Harrison Ford wanted Han to die in this movie, but I'm glad he didn't, otherwise we wouldn't have his wonderful presence in TFA and his gangly boy of course Smile

- Luke gives me serious Smug Jedi vibes in the first third of the film. I'm not sure anyway how did he progress from the rough-edged Jedi student in ESB to this confident master of cool all of a sudden.

- Leia gets shafted big time and I'm not talking about the slave girl outfit, which I don't have any problem with. She finds out who her real father is and gets no time to absorb it, or for this information to really hit her in any meaningful way. I get that she's not the film's main protagonist, but still it's really not surprising that her heritage (and Kylo's by association) is often forgotten about.

- Even though I love the Luke/Vader/Palpatine drama, I don't get what the Emperor's plan is here or what Luke is supposed to be tempted by. Was Luke supposed to lose it and give in to his anger, and then that alone would somehow be enough for him to go, oh my master I'll serve you forever and ever? In RoTS, there's at least something concrete that Palpatine tempts Anakin with.

- Luke burning his father's body is an impossibly haunting scene. I couldn't help thinking about how, 30 years later, his grandson would be talking to that mask burning up on the screen right now.

- "Weesa freeee!" is so George Lucas giving a middle finger to the fans who hated Jar-Jar in the prequels.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 15 May 2016, 2:15 am

I love the entire OT. ROTJ comes second place in my list of favourite SW movies (ANH and ESB are tied for first). The Ewoks are divisive, but I like them and I won't apologise for it. ROTJ is a fun ride from start to finish and a fitting conclusion to the story that began in ANH (or TPM, if you want).

I'm not going to go into any detail about how I feel about the whole OT (that would require an entire novel), but these are a random thoughts:

I distinctly remember watching ROTJ for the first time as a kid and when I saw Luke in R2's hologram, all dressed in black and giving Artoo and Threepio away like that I really thought he'd joined Vader. I was like: "Oh my God, Luke is evil! I have conflicted emotions right now."

Salacious Krum... creepy little bast**d!

Luke walks in, all black robes and hood, Force chokes Jabba's guards... Yep, definitely evil.

"Boba Fett? WHERE?" Very Happy Funniest moment of the movie, for me. Of all the ways for a guy like Boba Fett to go out...

OBI-WAN: "He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil."
Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: RETURN OF THE JEDI Only-a11

The final lightsaber fight between Luke and Vader is my all time favourite duel in the entire saga. It is the culmination of Luke's and Anakin's stories and it unfolds beautifully. Also, it is supported by one of Williams' most underrated pieces:

Joseph Campbell wrote:Man should not be in the service of society, society should be in the service of man. When man is in the service of society, you have a monster state, and that's what is threatening the world at this minute. ...Certainly Star Wars has a valid mythological perspective. It shows the state as a machine and asks, "Is the machine going to crush humanity or serve humanity?" Humanity comes not from the machine but from the heart. What I see in Star Wars is the same problem that Faust gives us: Mephistopheles, the machine man, can provide us with all the means, and is thus likely to determine the aims of life as well. But of course the characteristic of Faust, which makes him eligible to be saved, is that he seeks aims that are not those of the machine. Now, when Luke Skywalker unmasks his father, he is taking off the machine role that the father has played. The father was the uniform. That is power, the state role.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 15 May 2016, 3:34 am

Anyone else notice this:

LUKE: Your overconfidence is your weakness.

SIDIOUS: Your faith in your friends is yours.

Notice how Sidious never denies that he has a weakness. In fact, he seems perfectly fine with it. A strange quality in a villain...
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next