Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armitage Hux??

+5
motherofpearl1
Rimfaxe96
MeadowofAshes
Sylvia Snow
Slade
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Armitage Hux?? Empty Armitage Hux??

Post by Slade Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:06 am

Have you guys seen this new info?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armitage_Hux

He's illegitimate. And apparently has daddy issues and rejection issues.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Armitage Hux?? Empty Re: Armitage Hux??

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 10 Jul 2016, 3:53 am

Snoke is getting to a whole new level of creep who targets young man with family issues then brainwashed them to his belief. L-puke

It's make sense though, Hux and Kylo are hates each other because both want to be the best to their father figure aka Old Snoke. I also think Hux wanted to impress his biological father by continued his program as a way for his father to see that he can be as good as if not better than any of his legitimate children. But I think Hux will be a tragic story compare to Kylo, while they shared a similar unhappy childhood/ family but the path he taking is wrong, so wrong but Hux won't see it, he's blind and it eventually will be his down fall. Kylo on the other hand, still have the path of Light in him and he's starting to turn back, away from the darkness.

I think the characters Hux and Kylo are meant to shared similarities to shown that even two people with the same background and personality, living in the same influence and environment, can still have different paths and outcome. And it's all depends on what they choose to said and do
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2016, 7:43 am

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 10 Jul 2016, 7:54 am

All I can say about that name is... bless his heart.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 10 Jul 2016, 8:18 am

I'll never be able to take him seriously again. xDD
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:53 am

It's funny but this is something I suspected - that although there are a lot of 'evil doers' there are very few truly 'evil' people in the First Order apart from Snoke.
He's a 'user' who likes to prey on vulnerable young men and brainwash children.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:30 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:All I can say about that name is... bless his heart.
@MeadowofAshes

OMG you said "bless his heart"! (slade laughs and falls out)
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

*patiently waits for Armitage + Millicent fanart*
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:32 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:Snoke is getting to a whole new level of creep who targets young man with family issues then brainwashed them to his belief. L-puke

It's make sense though, Hux and Kylo are hates each other because both want to be the best to their father figure aka Old Snoke. I also think Hux wanted to impress his biological father by continued his program as a way for his father to see that he can be as good as if not better than any of his legitimate children. But I think Hux will be a tragic story compare to Kylo, while they shared a similar unhappy childhood/ family but the path he taking is wrong, so wrong but Hux won't see it, he's blind and it eventually will be his down fall. Kylo on the other hand, still have the path of Light in him and he's starting to turn back, away from the darkness.

I think the characters Hux and Kylo are meant to shared similarities to shown that even two people with the same background and personality, living in the same influence and environment, can still have different paths and outcome. And it's all depends on what they choose to said and do
@Sylvia Snow

Yes, it does support our impression of Hux and Kylo as squabbling siblings vying for daddy's attention.  Have we discussed how much Hux knows about Kylo's family?  I don't know how much he knows.  But if he knows Kylo is legitimate and a prince, that would give Hux more reason to hate him because jealousy.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:15 pm

This IS quite sad. Also, while I am 95% sure Kylo will survive this trilogy, I am at the same percentage that Hux will not. Most likely it will be Kylo will kills him.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:23 pm

I honestly expected Hux to kick it in TFA. I'll be really surprised if he survives.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:26 pm

I'm thinking he won't make it to the midway point of IX.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:29 pm

Slade wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:All I can say about that name is... bless his heart.
@MeadowofAshes

OMG you said "bless his heart"! (slade laughs and falls out)
@Slade

Fellow child of the South, I always slip that line on unsuspecting Yankees when I'm exasperated.

Slade wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:Snoke is getting to a whole new level of creep who targets young man with family issues then brainwashed them to his belief. :lpuke:

@Sylvia Snow

Yes, it does support our impression of Hux and Kylo as squabbling siblings vying for daddy's attention.  Have we discussed how much Hux knows about Kylo's family?  I don't know how much he knows.  But if he knows Kylo is legitimate and a prince, that would give Hux more reason to hate him because jealousy.

I vote for him at least knowing that he's a fellow legacy and a legitimate one at that. Plus it sounds like Hux's father, while important, wasn't a central character. He definitely wasn't ever mentioned in the OT. So here comes the legacy of somebody who was very important and who's legitimate to boot. Of course Hux is going to hate him. He's operating from the position of trying to be accepted by the status quo, which is why he comes across so much as *the* status quo. Honestly, I loved those two sniping and hating on each other. So if Hux is set up as somebody who sees him as a rival and who's enough of an ambitious, power hungry striver (e.g. every argument made by the "he's an emo wuss who deserves to die" crowd) to directly go after him, that's going to be incredibly fun to watch.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm

Slade wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:Snoke is getting to a whole new level of creep who targets young man with family issues then brainwashed them to his belief. L-puke

@Sylvia Snow

@Slade

I know that some of us have hypothesized on this before, but I think that it makes it MUCH more likely that Hux is the one to orchestrate the attack in VIII that's expected to put Leia in a coma. (Assuming that this happens while Kylo is en route to or on Ahch-To.)

And when Rey inevitably gets brought to Snoke at some point ("Bring her to me....."), I wouldn't be surprised if Hux is behind that, too.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:46 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Slade wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

@Slade

I know that some of us have hypothesized on this before, but I think that it makes it MUCH more likely that Hux is the one to orchestrate the attack in VIII that's expected to put Leia in a coma. (Assuming that this happens while Kylo is en route to or on Ahch-To.)

And when Rey inevitably gets brought to Snoke at some point ("Bring her to me....."), I wouldn't be surprised if Hux is behind that, too.

@ISeeAnIsland

At the point, I think Kylo has already gone rogue from the FO, for he may not fully join the Resistance but act as a "ronin" who just want to protect his mom, save Rey and bring down the FO as a way of atonement
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:56 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Slade wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

@Slade

@ISeeAnIsland

I was getting serious vibes from watching TFA that Hux has it out for Kylo's family, especially his mother. I would absolutely expect Leia to get injured on his command most of all. I mean, this exchange happened in Episode 7:

SNOKE
          Then the Resistance must be destroyed
          before they get to Skywalker.

GENERAL HUX
          We have their location. We tracked
          their reconnaissance ship to the
          Ileenium system.

SNOKE
          Good. Then we will crush them once
          and for all. Prepare the weapon.
         Kylo Ren is stunned by the moment -- that isn't what he meant
         at all --

KYLO REN
          Supreme Leader. I can get the map
          from the girl. I just need your
          guidance.

Kylo's trying to save his mother as well as that entire system by getting the map from Rey. Then he goes ballistic and destroys the interrogation room when he finds out she's gone. People laugh at his 'temper tantrums' but if there was ever a good reason to throw one, this is it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 10 Jul 2016, 1:01 pm

I always like to think that a reason for Kylo's tantrum is that he actually helping his mother anonymously as much as he could and he uses his anger to destroy stuff as the reason for him to hide it and destroy the evidences, like in the movie where he destroyed that computer screen when poor Mikata come with the news about the droid and the girl
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Jul 2016, 1:16 pm

OMG, so basically Hux is Tracy Flick! Just imagine how he felt working his way up to Snoke's inner circle when all of sudden Ben defects and shows up

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Sun 10 Jul 2016, 1:50 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Slade wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

@Slade

@ISeeAnIsland

I was getting serious vibes from watching TFA that Hux has it out for Kylo's family, especially his mother. I would absolutely expect Leia to get injured on his command most of all. I mean, this exchange happened in Episode 7:

SNOKE
          Then the Resistance must be destroyed
          before they get to Skywalker.

GENERAL HUX
          We have their location. We tracked
          their reconnaissance ship to the
          Ileenium system.

SNOKE
          Good. Then we will crush them once
          and for all. Prepare the weapon.
         Kylo Ren is stunned by the moment -- that isn't what he meant
         at all --

KYLO REN
          Supreme Leader. I can get the map
          from the girl. I just need your
          guidance.

Kylo's trying to save his mother as well as that entire system by getting the map from Rey. Then he goes ballistic and destroys the interrogation room when he finds out she's gone. People laugh at his 'temper tantrums' but if there was ever a good reason to throw one, this is it.
@WhatGirl

(shudders) Ugh, just imagine what Kylo is feeling as he stands there listening to Snoke and Hux talking about annihilating his entire family.    

In that sentence that says "Kylo was stunned--that wasn't what he meant at all", it isn't clear what it refers to.  As I recall, the last thing Kylo said had to do with him telling Snoke Rey was force sensitive.  So how does this "that wasn't what he meant" line make sense?
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Jul 2016, 1:57 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Slade

@ISeeAnIsland

God, that could be the "Han gets frozen in carbonite and taken to Jabba's palace" cliffhanger right there. With extra angst if she and Ben have already y'know, started to have feelings for each other. And he has to cross sides to appeal to Poe and Finn (who aren't going to be happy to see him) for their help.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:01 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I know that some of us have hypothesized on this before, but I think that it makes it MUCH more likely that Hux is the one to orchestrate the attack in VIII that's expected to put Leia in a coma. (Assuming that this happens while Kylo is en route to or on Ahch-To.)

@ISeeAnIsland I wouldn't be surprised by this at all. In fact, considering how proud he was of Starkiller Base, he'll probably be more determined than ever to crush the Resistance, not just because they destroyed his pet project but also because it seemed like he was the commanding officer there when it was, so essentially it was destroyed on his watch. He'll be pretty furious about that.

Also I know it's very early days, but since it's rumoured that Laura Dern plays a not so nice Resistance officer that tries to take over after Leia goes into a coma - could she possibly a spy of Hux? Of course it's just speculation and if her character isn't a First Order spy then her character will probably fit into the "grey" morality the new movies and canon are going for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:07 pm

Helix wrote:I honestly expected Hux to kick it in TFA. I'll be really surprised if he survives.
@Helix

Well they need someone to drive the getaway car for whenever Kylo Ren fluffs up. But Phasma is pretty expendable.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:09 pm

Can someone "tell" me how to pronounce Armitage? It's so weird...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:16 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:Can someone "tell" me how to pronounce Armitage? It's so weird...
@bela.mesecina

No clue. Since I'm German I'm inclined to pronounce it in a French way like 'Armitash'.

What is his nickname though? Shocked
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:18 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:Can someone "tell" me how to pronounce Armitage? It's so weird...
@bela.mesecina

No clue. Since I'm German I'm inclined to pronounce it in a French way like 'Armitash'.

What is his nickname though? Shocked
@Rimfaxe96

Armita? lol!

*just for fun* Imagine if in some weird AU Kylux was a thing, where Kylo calls Hux Armita and Hux hates it hahha

Last edited by bela.mesecina on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next