Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends!

+35
MissG
BenRey
IoJovi
Kylo Ren
Libra Vibora
Xylo Ren
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
Search Your Feelings
Kalianah
rey09
Darth Rowan
BastilaBey
Sforza
panki
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
Saracene
vaderito
Little_Boots
Rimfaxe96
AnneNeville
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
MissHarper
Airemyn
ISeeAnIsland
Darth Dementor
Reynak
Kessel
Reylo Lemon
CienaRee
MoonFyre
Rogue Rey
Force22
39 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends!

Post by vaderito Tue 29 Mar 2016, 7:44 am

Arcana wrote:Because they have NO (sexual) chemistry Very Happy

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends!

Post by Little_Boots Tue 29 Mar 2016, 12:05 pm

I can see why people would think that Finn and Rey will be end game but I doubt it.
For the fact that Rey shows no sign of physical attraction to Finn, while he is obviously smitten by her the minute he meets her. Rey seems oblivious to the fact that she is attractive. She's child like.
If we are right in the idea that when Kylo removes his mask and Rey is attracted to him physically (and I think we are), that idea can't be removed. If she felt attraction to Kylo, she felt it before he killed his father. Now she feels sickened with herself for obvious reasons. I mean if you or anyone was attracted to a murderer, I know I'd be disgusted with myself.
However Rey is obviously going to have a different perspective on Kylo throughout the course of the films. I'm sure she will. She'll grow to know more about Ben who he truly is and I doubt her attraction will sway to be honest. Attraction lasts unless the person has an SO and Ben does not.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Tue 29 Mar 2016, 12:08 pm

Mana wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:They seem like Luke and Leia, nothing more.
Yes, I suppose they are more like Luke and Leia. As for the Han/Leia parallels, I honestly don't see any.

If they really wanted to make parallels between them and Han/Leia, they would have him snipe back at her in the early scenes such as "Stop holding my hand!" and "Get off!" to create some friction and sparks.
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 29 Mar 2016, 1:03 pm

Airemyn wrote:
Mana wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:They seem like Luke and Leia, nothing more.
Yes, I suppose they are more like Luke and Leia. As for the Han/Leia parallels, I honestly don't see any.

If they really wanted to make parallels between them and Han/Leia, they would have him snipe back at her in the early scenes such as "Stop holding my hand!" and "Get off!" to create some friction and sparks.

Are there actually people who are comparing Finnrey to Hanleia?? That's surprising to me, as I think Finnrey are nothing like Hanleia. Hanleia had banter, UST, and snark with a real spark. Finnrey reminds me of duo/team on an adventure SW Disney cartoon for children: "The Adventures of Rey and Finn!" where they go around the galaxy dodging rathars and the FO.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 29 Mar 2016, 1:21 pm

@Kessel89 Finnreys built a shrine around Forehead Kiss that Leia gave to Han in ESB after he was tortured. Because giving your boyfriend a forehead kiss after a passionate MF kiss = forehead kiss + "thank you, my friend". Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  And than they have audacity to say that we are reaching with out metas.

Good point about Disney cartoon, that cracked me up. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Tue 29 Mar 2016, 4:51 pm

Their chemistry on screen just didn't feel romantically enticing at all. Now Rey and Ren on the other hand... then again, why else would Daisy have had a chemistry read with Adam? (And the reading was the interrogation scene no less!) Also Rey personally shot Finn down when he asked her if she had a boyfriend back on Jakku.

I believe at this point Rey doesn't have any romance at all in her mind (and I don't blame her, poor girl just went from scavenger to Jedi prodigy with a full-out war waiting just around the corner), but who knows what paths the characters will take in VIII?
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:13 pm

Can anyone think of another film where characters like these two did not end as end game? Besides Luke and Leia?
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:23 pm

As Daisy said, why cant a guy and a girl just be friends?
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:25 pm

Mana wrote:As Daisy said, why cant a guy and a girl just be friends?
they can lol but she will be both lover and friend to Kylo Smile
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm

Little_Boots wrote:Can anyone think of another film where characters like these two did not end as end game? Besides Luke and Leia?

Harry Potter - Harry and Hermione.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:30 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
You can't compare the chemistry between Rey and Finn to what Rey and Ren have together...you just know somethings gonna happen, especially when you end a movie with the villain completely fascinated by the heroine, who hates his guts and leaves him lying defeated in the snowy ground of an 'enchanted' forest with a scar across his pretty face....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:34 pm

Mana wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
You can't compare the chemistry between Rey and Finn to what Rey and Ren have together...you just know somethings gonna happen, especially when you end a movie with the villain completely fascinated by the heroine, who hates his guts and leaves him lying defeated in the snowy ground of an 'enchanted' forest with a scar across his pretty face....
The look they give each other across the torn earth just screams romance. Even at the end Kylo is taking his time approaching Rey , he's basking her in, observing her thoroughly because he cant help being seduced by her in every way.
He is being seduced so bad, responds to Rey with complete awe all the time.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:38 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
Mana wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
The look they give each other across the torn earth just screams romance. Even at the end Kylo is taking his time approaching Rey , he's basking her in, observing her thoroughly because he cant help being seduced by her in every way.
He is being seduced so bad, responds to Rey with complete awe all the time.
Ren and Rey's moments are always so intimate... I love you
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissHarper Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:43 pm

I really don't think Finn and Rey have ANY chemistry at all. There is nothing there but friendship. If they try to push romance with these two, they will fail miserably.
MissHarper
MissHarper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://thedarkside-and-thelight.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:52 pm

Little_Boots wrote:Can anyone think of another film where characters like these two did not end as end game? Besides Luke and Leia?
As another poster said, Harry and Hermione (though I personally don't think the comparison is that great because neither Harry nor Hermione ever showed any romantic interest in each other). Ron and Hermione was obvious from the beginning. Harry and Hermione were always just friends. They were never intended to be anything more, and you can see this in the writing.

Naruto and Sakura from Naruto as well. Another case of best friends working toward a common goal. Naruto had a crush on Sakura for years, but she was always in love with Sasuke, the missing-link in their trio, the companion who lost his way in the name of revenge and essentially turned to the "Dark Side". Meanwhile, the quiet, shy Hinata was in love with Naruto, and they ended up getting together at the end, while Sakura married Sasuke after a long redemption story.

Naturally there were people who were 100% convinced Naruto and Sakura were going to end up together despite Naruto/Hinata and Sakura/Sasuke being the natural, obvious outcomes for YEARS. They pitched the biggest fit I've ever seen when the author ended the series. I watched it from afar. The reaction to the outcome of Sasuke's incredibly obvious redemption arc was amusing to say the least.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 6:10 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Naruto and Sakura from Naruto as well. Another case of best friends working toward a common goal. Naruto had a crush on Sakura for years, but she was always in love with Sasuke, the missing-link in their trio, the companion who lost his way in the name of revenge and essentially turned to the "Dark Side". Meanwhile, the quiet, shy Hinata was in love with Naruto, and they ended up getting together at the end, while Sakura married Sasuke after a long redemption story.

Naruto's a manga/anime though. *sigh* Naruto... I don't think I've ever seen a pairing war that vicious before - yes even Harry Potter pales in comparison - and I say that as a former fan who quietly liked NaruSaku. So much so that it just destroyed my love for it, among other things. I left that fandom years before it ended and never looked back. I just hope Star Wars doesn't follow suit.

But since we're on the topic of TV - wouldn't Buffy and Xander be an example? I mean Xander clearly had a crush on Buffy for the first two seasons before getting with Cordelia, while Buffy had her passionate romance with Angel. Their relationship evolved into a platonic one in the later seasons, with Buffy having yet another dark, passionate affair with Spike and Xander is with Anya. Also this might not be a good comparison since they never show any romantic interest in each other, but the platonic friendship between Mary Crawley and Tom Branson in Downton Abbey is so sweet it hurts. For me, that's the most purest and most beautiful platonic friendship between a straight man and a straight woman ever, because they have no romantic interest in each other yet they trust and respect one another as equals.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by AnneNeville Tue 29 Mar 2016, 9:57 pm

MissHarper wrote:I really don't think Finn and Rey have ANY chemistry at all.  There is nothing there but friendship.  If they try to push romance with these two, they will fail miserably.

To be frank, for me the first half of the movie, aside from Kylo's scenes, were sort of run of the mill.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 29 Mar 2016, 10:06 pm

From the way they advertised TFA I went into the movie thinking Finnrey was endgame...but up until the point Rey and Ren met in the fairytale forest on Takodana, I was silently cursing JJ for setting up the most boring romance in Star Wars history...but then, Reylo happened....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Kessel Tue 29 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MissHarper wrote:I really don't think Finn and Rey have ANY chemistry at all.  There is nothing there but friendship.  If they try to push romance with these two, they will fail miserably.

To be frank, for me the first half of the movie, aside from Kylo's scenes, were sort of run of the mill.

Yes, definitely for me too. I found the first half of the movie and Rey and Finn's interactions cute and fun, but nothing riveting. I didn't leave the theater in excited anticipation for the continued adventures of Finn and Rey.  To be honest, if it weren't for Kylo, I probably would have watched this movie once and then waited until the blue ray to see it again.

I did love seeing Han and Leia again, even if it was bittersweet and I still miss Han. I liked Poe (I find Oscar Isaac insanely charming) and BB-8 too, but even all of them would not have made me watch this movie 4 times.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 29 Mar 2016, 11:33 pm

As for that eventual romance between Daisy Ridley’s Rey and John Boyega’s Finn? While fans have to wait to see if an eventual romance is in the cards for the characters, the actors themselves can put at least one rumor to rest. “We get on really well and we make each other laugh. Sadly, people think a guy and girl can’t be friends without something romantic going on,” Ridley told EW.

arently Ridley said this in an interview. Dunno if it as been posted before.

one rumor to rest is romance since John and Daisy are friends

[b]
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 29 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm

Little_Boots wrote:As for that eventual romance between Daisy Ridley’s Rey and John Boyega’s Finn? While fans have to wait to see if an eventual romance is in the cards for the characters, the actors themselves can put at least one rumor to rest. “We get on really well and we make each other laugh. Sadly, people think a guy and girl can’t be friends without something romantic going on,” Ridley told EW.

arently Ridley said this in an interview. Dunno if it as been posted before.

one rumor to rest is romance since John and Daisy are friends

[b]

Exactly, and they bring that friendly chemistry into their roles as Finn and Rey...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Wed 30 Mar 2016, 6:24 am

IMHO, shipping actors in their real lives is rather distasteful. Well, extremely distasteful. And tacky and invasive. I hope that people hear Daisy's message here.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 30 Mar 2016, 9:28 am

Hunger Games - Katniss and Gale.

They've been portrayed as very close in the beginning of the movie. Katniss' relationship with Peeta on the other hand was given a pretty bad start, with him having thrown bread in her direction exactly like he did with the pigs he was supposed to feed with said bread. Then, in like, 80% of the first movie Peeta is outright antagonistic towards Katniss, leading that gang of hyper-aggressive-killer-kids to her, supporting them in hunting her etc.

Some might argue "Duh but Peeta also told her to run away after she threw the bee hive down at them!", so what? It was pure luck that this bee hive was even there, otherwise Katniss would have starved/died of dehydration there. Or had she come down from the tree she would have been stabbed to death or shot with an arrow.

Kylo was given multiple chances to kill Rey, yet he doesn't do it. He even offers to teach her. What villain teaches their enemy? Something's iffy here.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next