Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

+25
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
Darth Dingbat
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
LondonGal555
guardienne
Moonjump05
snufkin
Little_Boots
reylo1992
Sylvia Snow
Rei of Sunshine
Jakku
ReyofLightSide
rey09
ZioRen
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
panki
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
spacebaby45678
Gemini
29 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 5 Empty Re: Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

Post by snufkin Thu 03 Nov 2016, 3:27 pm

@guardienne the original Dorothy Gale's gal pal Queen Ozma was part of the original visual inspiration for Leia. Except instead of wearing Golden Poppies (the California State Flower), Leia had the side buns. The original artist who drew Ozma, John O'Neill based her on his lover, who was an actress and Gibson Girl. And Dorothy's take charge attitude in the books (watered down in the movie) was besides inspired by L Frank Baum's suffragette wife and mother-in-law. I think @panki's right in who's who for the Lion, Tin Man, & Scarecrow.

As for the analysis, that's likely part of what happened to him, which is why it'll make things complicated for Rey. But honestly, fans wishing for that scenario seem to be reaching based on "I think that this would be cool" as much as those who wish that Rey was Luke's kids. Because if it's 100%, "the Empire did nothing wrong" (which is a pretty popular line among more politically conservative fans), then there's no where for him to go as either a character or in terms of a storyline. He's going to have to evolve, same as Rey. The other 2 leads in the FO are pretty much cold blooded opportunists, but he's not. And they've made a point of giving human faces to the Rank and File. Which from what's been shown so far, he hasn't found a home there, he's isolated. In part because he's under Snoke's control, having been made an offer which appeared to free him but which has him equally as trapped as he was under Luke. Story has to be him breaking free and finding who he is without the control of a master and master's agenda.  Personally, I'd guess how the ST plays out is that the hints from Bloodline of there being the perspective of the good the Empire provided (via the Ben proxy character) is that while Snoke and Hux, plus their specific agendas/ideologies get taken out, the FO itself with remain and merge with what's left of the NR. That will also be part of the Balance hinted at.

Or let me repeat something I've already said here a million times before, if you want actual nuanced economic and political analysis for Star Wars, Cass Sundstein and Tyler Cowan at George Mason University are the go to guys. What I read sounds like wishful thinking from somebody who's getting their MA in either economics or poli sci.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 5 Empty Re: Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

Post by vaderito Thu 03 Nov 2016, 3:39 pm

This isn't from JJ commentary but it ties with it cause he was talking about why they wanted AD. And I think this quote explains what they saw cause much of it is what we've got from Kylo:

“So, I’m just gonna go stream-of-consciousness on what it is I think is so appealing about him […]. Rawness. Unfussiness. And, this is maybe a little too out there, but I think there’s something to it: there’s something about the way his back curves. Yeah, his back. Primal, masculine, huge. Something about it seems to say, ‘I’m sorry I’m so huge!’ which is both tender and really hot? It’s this back curl. You see it in Girls when he’s bending down, to kiss people or to **** them, or to pick up wood for his carpentry or whatever it is—this guileless hunching in his back, like he’s an ogre bending down to cradle something. As if to say I don’t care about the shape my own huge strong body makes as long as I can take care of this tiny thing I’m picking up or leaning down to access. It’s almost an apologetic back curl. […] I dunno. It’s funny when people say he’s unconventionally attractive, because he seems pretty regularly attractive to me.” - Edith Zimmerman for Brooklyn Magazine

Source: http://bentages.tumblr.com/post/152663223155/so-im-just-gonna-go-stream-of-consciousness-on

Full article: http://www.bkmag.com/2014/03/03/a-man-among-girls-adam-driver/2/
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 04 Nov 2016, 9:35 am

vaderito wrote:I think that going into minuscule details, trying to read leaves from tone of voice, notes, etc is unnecessary. The truth isn't in those details but in the big picture. And big picture points away from Reylated and Finnrey as more than just friends, while it points towards Kylo's redemption or at least that he won't get eviler and eviler, and development between Rey and Ren that isn't what most people expect. It's also said in clear terms that Rey and Ren relationship is what we care about, that it's important, that it will be very interesting moving forward, and that Kylo's interest in Rey is more than just about the map.  And, of course, that there are fairytale elements and he looks sorta like a prince when he unmasks. One really couldn't ask for more.
@vaderito

Truth is you need to do both; see the big picture while paying attention to the minutia along the way. That's the difference between someone who knows the path and has actually walked the path.

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Fri 04 Nov 2016, 3:19 pm

snufkin wrote:@guardienne the original Dorothy Gale's gal pal Queen Ozma was part of the original visual inspiration for Leia. Except instead of wearing Golden Poppies (the California State Flower), Leia had the side buns. The original artist who drew Ozma, John O'Neill based her on his lover, who was an actress and Gibson Girl. And Dorothy's take charge attitude in the books (watered down in the movie) was besides inspired by L Frank Baum's suffragette wife and mother-in-law. I think @panki's right in who's who for the Lion, Tin Man, & Scarecrow.

As for the analysis, that's likely part of what happened to him, which is why it'll make things complicated for Rey. But honestly, fans wishing for that scenario seem to be reaching based on "I think that this would be cool" as much as those who wish that Rey was Luke's kids. Because if it's 100%, "the Empire did nothing wrong" (which is a pretty popular line among more politically conservative fans), then there's no where for him to go as either a character or in terms of a storyline. He's going to have to evolve, same as Rey. The other 2 leads in the FO are pretty much cold blooded opportunists, but he's not. And they've made a point of giving human faces to the Rank and File. Which from what's been shown so far, he hasn't found a home there, he's isolated. In part because he's under Snoke's control, having been made an offer which appeared to free him but which has him equally as trapped as he was under Luke. Story has to be him breaking free and finding who he is without the control of a master and master's agenda.  Personally, I'd guess how the ST plays out is that the hints from Bloodline of there being the perspective of the good the Empire provided (via the Ben proxy character) is that while Snoke and Hux, plus their specific agendas/ideologies get taken out, the FO itself with remain and merge with what's left of the NR. That will also be part of the Balance hinted at.

Or let me repeat something I've already said here a million times before, if you want actual nuanced economic and political analysis for Star Wars, Cass Sundstein and Tyler Cowan at George Mason University are the go to guys. What I read sounds like wishful thinking from somebody who's getting their MA in either economics or poli sci.
@snufkin

i think different people are entitled to different opinions.

i'm not always following your line of thinking. i don't get all the references all the time. it takes time to dig through them.

to my understanding the character is a sketch, a very detailed sketch in places, but we are inferring a lot of stuff, and i like inferring at the moment, it's not much fun in making up my mind as to what needs to be happening or whatever, technically this is my happiest place and i only wish the actual movie was a tiny little bit closer.

i like thinking that there is courage involved in being with snoke, and he doesn't give me the impression of someone who was forced to submit. there is a sense that his parents, while well-meaning and such, have no sodding clue. i dig this sense of isolation where even though everyone is well-meaning, there is no language to communicate this thing that is driving you crazy. and what do we get with snoke, there's been an awakening, did you feel it? ah-ha.

i think he can be dark side without corrupting his soul. i don't think snoke is disposed kindly towards him in the sense of actually looking after him, but in snoke's understanding what he does is genuinely want to forge the best kind of person out of him perhaps? i think it's possible. we don't know his plan and i'd be genuinely excited to see more dark side as dark sorcery and see what it is that enables such power - other than the yawn-inducing fear and hatred. but maybe none of this will happen and he will renounce the dark side because it's a bit crap sacrificing yourself when you could be at home with your mum and eating pancakes?

you know, i'm simplifying and all that, i apologise, but it doesn't really add up like this to me either.

i think 'the third way' kinda for me revolves around reconciling the dark side and the light and so on, but not at the expense of dismissing all he's learned. if that makes sense. and i think we sort of agree on that. and i'll just continue thinking that it's courage to do this and risk all the isolation from any direction because it takes someone very capable to do what needs to be done. pluck and wit and steel and blood?
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 04 Nov 2016, 3:33 pm

guardienne wrote:
i think 'the third way' kinda for me revolves around reconciling the dark side and the light and so on, but not at the expense of dismissing all he's learned. if that makes sense. and i think we sort of agree on that. and i'll just continue thinking that it's courage to do this and risk all the isolation from any direction because it takes someone very capable to do what needs to be done. pluck and wit and steel and blood?

@guardienne

I had to smile when I read the last passage. Made me think of this excerpt from Aftermath: Life debt.
This is what Leia feels when she's pregnant with Ben:

"As such, she is suddenly aware of her child’s mind and spirit: She senses pluck and wit and steel blood and a keen mind and by the blood of Alderaan is this one going to be a fighter!
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Fri 04 Nov 2016, 3:38 pm

@echobase that's totally what i was quoting!

Ninja
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 04 Nov 2016, 3:39 pm

Guys, for all of you who actually heard JJ comment: what those Colliders are talking about?
That Kylo Ren heard about Rey way before he met her?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 04 Nov 2016, 5:40 pm

guardienne wrote:
snufkin wrote:@guardienne the original Dorothy Gale's gal pal Queen Ozma was part of the original visual inspiration for Leia. Except instead of wearing Golden Poppies (the California State Flower), Leia had the side buns. The original artist who drew Ozma, John O'Neill based her on his lover, who was an actress and Gibson Girl. And Dorothy's take charge attitude in the books (watered down in the movie) was besides inspired by L Frank Baum's suffragette wife and mother-in-law. I think @panki's right in who's who for the Lion, Tin Man, & Scarecrow.

@snufkin

i think different people are entitled to different opinions.

i'm not always following your line of thinking. i don't get all the references all the time. it takes time to dig through them.

to my understanding the character is a sketch, a very detailed sketch in places, but we are inferring a lot of stuff, and i like inferring at the moment, it's not much fun in making up my mind as to what needs to be happening or whatever, technically this is my happiest place and i only wish the actual movie was a tiny little bit closer.

i like thinking that there is courage involved in being with snoke, and he doesn't give me the impression of someone who was forced to submit. there is a sense that his parents, while well-meaning and such, have no sodding clue. i dig this sense of isolation where even though everyone is well-meaning, there is no language to communicate this thing that is driving you crazy. and what do we get with snoke, there's been an awakening, did you feel it? ah-ha.

i think he can be dark side without corrupting his soul. i don't think snoke is disposed kindly towards him in the sense of actually looking after him, but in snoke's understanding what he does is genuinely want to forge the best kind of person out of him perhaps? i think it's possible. we don't know his plan and i'd be genuinely excited to see more dark side as dark sorcery and see what it is that enables such power - other than the yawn-inducing fear and hatred. but maybe none of this will happen and he will renounce the dark side because it's a bit crap sacrificing yourself when you could be at home with your mum and eating pancakes?

you know, i'm simplifying and all that, i apologise, but it doesn't really add up like this to me either.

@guardienne

This is what I mean by tormenting you, at least a little ; ). You can always ignore my blathering and just remember that I'm recovering from an auto accident, so my brain has been a little scrambled for the past few months while it's healing.

Agreed with you on the bolded. Just that I tend to be cynical in general about the level of academic writing which comes out of Tumblr and that particular article struck me as wishful thinking of somebody who's wedded to a pro-Empire/First Order interpretation because of an interest in military history. Which there are people who do a sideline to their academic work in political science or economics of studying the systems in Star Wars. Those were the two academics I mentioned. Just that I'd personally take their thoughts and writings more seriously than what reads to me like the Tumblr musings of a graduate student, that's all - me being cynical about the quality of their thoughts, not yours Smile.

I trust the filmmakers to come up with a full explanation which shows what we suspect, that he's more complicated than just a villainous child who betrayed his parents and uncle because he's a Bad Seed. That there's other factors, which likely include alienation from his family (which I sit here typing this up after voting here in the States and thinking about how most of my family is on the opposite side of the candidates and issues I support) over things which set him apart and which make him different. I fully expect that his parents and uncle likely made some bad judgements and evaluations based on their own experiences with the DS which weren't appropriate for him. Especially it sounds like Leia from her conversation with Han. He's also been shown to have made his choices as an adult, after having been in service to his uncle's leadership, and that's hinted at in the confrontation with LST. I tend to think it'll be a combination of factors, some of which will show him to be the strong/brave person his mother senses he is, but also that like all families, mistakes can be made and that some of it likely will fall on his shoulders as well. He's trying to get on to the right path, but Snoke isn't helping him and if anything, will use the turmoil both in himself and his family to take advantage of him. And somebody else here (can't remember the poster, sorry!) has said that Snoke likely saw him as a prize to be captured as much as a potential opponent to be neutralized. That's where Rey comes in and the dynamic/evolution both of their relationship to each other and how each influences the other. He can get to the path he's meant to be on of not denying his darkness and drawing strength from what he's learned/mistakes he's committed. Just that the path he's on right now as Snoke's right hand won't get him there.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 06 Nov 2016, 1:42 pm

@snufkin

sorry to hear about the auto accident!

i understand that particular tumblr is written by someone who is dark side positive Approves and i feel that that's ok to play with for now. i agree with most of what you say, i feel that my particular view (at the moment) is things that you say, but also i find that there is a sense that the dark side is legit. not as snoke presents it, but as a thing in itself. the problem i see with redemption (and i'm still not sure what that means exactly and i'm ok in that place, so don't worry) is that whichever reasons led to the dark side, the solution can't be to pledge your life to it and then leave it all behind again for something else.

that's where i'm stuck.

i don't know if this makes sense.

either way i'm not the only one worried about the 'terrorist' comment apparently: https://oldadastra.tumblr.com/post/152758043579/jj-abrams-audio-commentary-for-the

i think the gist of my view is that whatever jj specifically means, it would be weird to make it about a lost boy who stays lost because there are things that people simply can't get over. i feel that the templar reference as well as IS and whatever other religious fundamentalism you can think of (so much to choose from), is there because that makes it relevant to today's world but this is a romantic story (not in the sense that there'll be kissing at the end) in the sense that there is hope and that people can live their lives even after they caused grief to others.

at least that's how i feel.

also, i like the complication this suggests, that it's not something that can be magicked away for everyone's convenience, that it will have to be resolved through the effort of the other characters as well.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 06 Nov 2016, 5:36 pm

guardienne wrote:@snufkin

sorry to hear about the auto accident!

i understand that particular tumblr is written by someone who is dark side positive Approves and i feel that that's ok to play with for now. i agree with most of what you say, i feel that my particular view (at the moment) is things that you say, but also i find that there is a sense that the dark side is legit. not as snoke presents it, but as a thing in itself. the problem i see with redemption (and i'm still not sure what that means exactly and i'm ok in that place, so don't worry) is that whichever reasons led to the dark side, the solution can't be to pledge your life to it and then leave it all behind again for something else.

that's where i'm stuck.

i don't know if this makes sense.

either way i'm not the only one worried about the 'terrorist' comment apparently: https://oldadastra.tumblr.com/post/152758043579/jj-abrams-audio-commentary-for-the

i think the gist of my view is that whatever jj specifically means, it would be weird to make it about a lost boy who stays lost because there are things that people simply can't get over. i feel that the templar reference as well as IS and whatever other religious fundamentalism you can think of (so much to choose from), is there because that makes it relevant to today's world but this is a romantic story (not in the sense that there'll be kissing at the end) in the sense that there is hope and that people can live their lives even after they caused grief to others.

at least that's how i feel.

also, i like the complication this suggests, that it's not something that can be magicked away for everyone's convenience, that it will have to be resolved through the effort of the other characters as well.

@guardienne

While the direction the ST seems to heading towards is away from a binary LS-DS and Good-Bad, I tend to think think that some fans (like the Darkside positive Tumblrer) are still conflating the Darkside with the Empire/First Order from the OT depiction. And that's part of my thinking with Snoke offering a Faustian bargain to Ben. That he can teach him the "true" Force or "true" Darkside (we'll find out in the next installment), but that it's a deception. It's probably also as restricting for him as it was to be under Luke teaching him the "true" Force, likely with that being only the Lightside.

The pro-Empire/FO perspectives are interesting, especially with showing characters in Bloodline (one clearly to mirror Ben) talking about the structure and stability of the Empire, which the NR clearly lacked for the more far-flung and less affluent worlds. So they are going in some direction with both that and the Darkside. But I still think that Snoke's tricked Ben into adhering to a model of both a society and using the Force which serves his ulterior motives. And the challenge is for Ben to get out from under that so that he can fully achieve the DS which Rey inadvertently helped awaken in him.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Sun 06 Nov 2016, 6:31 pm

I'm soooooo late and this post is going to be completely pointless but now that I have some free time I need to join the party! I've always thought that if JJ Abrams could read all these TFA and Reylo discussions and could give spoilers about the story, he would've said something like "Thank you guys for noticing these things, it's why we put them in the movie. You know, so that people would notice them and understand the story we were trying to tell". And now he has spoken and yeah his commentary was basically a summary of all our discussions/metas/etc. and I just *v*
It's strange because almost after a year there's still people being like "Wait so Kylo was actually conflicted on the bridge scene?!" and JJ's commentary shattered every idea they had of the movie, while I watched the movie back in April, unbiased and unspoiled and with no expectations beside "I hope I'm going to enjoy the movie" and I picked on 99.9% of what JJ is now saying, so that's really confusing to me.
But honestly, regarding all the Reylo and Kylo Ren metas and observations that got validated- this means that the people who have been saying all along that Rey and Kylo characters are deeply connected and will be important to eachother and Kylo is not a one-dimensional heartless monster just saw what the movie actually shows. Usually I don't even care about being right or wrong about something, but sometimes the whole "No, people who ship Reylo are just having hallucinations/ are XYZ apologists/are just lusting after Adam and are woobifying Kylo because their hormones are clouding their ability to judge the character and are just using Rey as a self-insert!!!!!111!!!!11!" gets really annoying.
And I'm cackling at JJ's calling Kylo a prince during his unmasking because that's one of the tags I always use when I reblog images and gifs from that scene on tumblr; that's exactly what he looks like, with the perfectly coiffed hair and that pout and the turtleneck tunic that gives him such a noble air...and none of these things are casual.

Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:41 pm

Now, this is interesting. The whole "trees falling down" scenario was Steven Spielberg's idea.

http://blkcosmo.com/2016/11/10/steven-spielberg-changed-two-scenes-star-wars-force-awakens/
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 26 Nov 2016, 5:51 pm

Finally got the blu-ray with the commentary and just listened to it all. I wish I had better sound on my TV. JJ speaks too softly for my TV stereo. It's the first time ever for me that I watched the commentary of a movie. I usually hate that. As much as JJ hates to do the commentary, it seems - he apologizes for it at the beginning.

I don't have anything to add to what others say, just my appreciation, in spite of ash gate, for JJ. There might be things that bother me, but he deserves praise.

I think my favorite comment related to Rey and Kylo is "And now these two disparate pieces come together". A comment that I could barely understand with my lame TV stereo. And the whole commentary on the Han/Ben scene is a highlight. Well, it's my favorite scene anyway. RJ has a heavy task to top that one for me.

I kind of wonder how many times JJ has to repeat "Rey's friends" when describing Han, Chewie and Finn until it gets to people's brains that Han is not her father or uncle. Confirmed by she and Leia never met and Kylo never met her. How twisted can you make it to still have Reysolo or Reywalker without looking absolutely ridiculous.

What I was really left to wonder is how much of the future story was in JJ's hands while making TFA and how much will be the doing of RJ. Some things seem to be set in stone like the backstory of the KOR, how the lightsaber came to Maz' hands, the island being important since Rey dreamed about it, an interesting relationship between Rey and Ren, friendship forever between Finn and Rey - ok, that one is a stretch for fun but he actually kind of says it. Interesting part about the KOR is that JJ mentions that the reason for Kylo having a mask is his insecurity and that he is involved with the KOR for which they have a backstory. Mask, hiding insecurity, KOR... Man, the KOR better be mean kicking as*** in VIII and on-screen longer than 5 seconds. Somehow, I have the feeling that they are not force sensitive and his strength in the force is what got him to be their master and he needs the mask to keep a certain illusion going with them too.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 26 Nov 2016, 7:07 pm

@SanghRen thank you for your breakdown of JJ's commentary!!!  This post was a joy to read... Smile
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 27 Nov 2016, 1:41 pm

From what I've read, RJ is writing the overall story for VIII and IX but only the script for VIII. And more than likely Kasdan has some input:

Q: The Star Wars movies that you had your hands on seem to have more emotional depth and they really resonate. We’ve all watched them thousands of times and it seems like Han Solo really shines in the ones that you’ve got your hands on.

Lawrence Kasdan: Well, I love Han.

Q: Is he what brings you back?

Lawrence Kasdan: Well, yeah. I was originally going to just write Han, but I had contracted to be in the story group on Episode 7, which became “The Force Awakens.” And then there were problems. A wonderful writer, Michael Arndt, just couldn’t do the time pressure, and people were being hired in England and it was enormous pressure and he stepped away. We stayed in contact and he’s a lovely man, then J.J. [Abrams] and I took over, and now I found myself instead just doing Han and consulting on “Force Awakens,” we were actually writing Episode 7 together and it happened very fast.

Q: Are you aware of the complete story arc of the new trilogy? Are you involved with that too?

Lawrence Kasdan: (Laughs) I have a little information!

Q: Are you helping steer that story?

Lawrence Kasdan: [Star Wars Episode 8 Director] Rian [Johnson] is a friend of mine. I’m getting to know Colin Trevorrow, who is going to direct Episode 9, so I feel very involved with it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 27 Nov 2016, 2:16 pm

snufkin wrote:From what I've read, RJ is writing the overall story for VIII and IX but only the script for VIII. And more than likely Kasdan has some input:

Q: The Star Wars movies that you had your hands on seem to have more emotional depth and they really resonate. We’ve all watched them thousands of times and it seems like Han Solo really shines in the ones that you’ve got your hands on.

Lawrence Kasdan: Well, I love Han.

Q: Is he what brings you back?

Lawrence Kasdan: Well, yeah. I was originally going to just write Han, but I had contracted to be in the story group on Episode 7, which became “The Force Awakens.” And then there were problems. A wonderful writer, Michael Arndt, just couldn’t do the time pressure, and people were being hired in England and it was enormous pressure and he stepped away. We stayed in contact and he’s a lovely man, then J.J. [Abrams] and I took over, and now I found myself instead just doing Han and consulting on “Force Awakens,” we were actually writing Episode 7 together and it happened very fast.

Q: Are you aware of the complete story arc of the new trilogy? Are you involved with that too?

Lawrence Kasdan: (Laughs) I have a little information!

Q: Are you helping steer that story?

Lawrence Kasdan: [Star Wars Episode 8 Director] Rian [Johnson] is a friend of mine. I’m getting to know Colin Trevorrow, who is going to direct Episode 9, so I feel very involved with it.
@snufkin

I'm kind of relieved to hear this. I know many of us have reservations about Colin Trevorrow's direction with IX, and while it sounds like he's still writing the script, it seems like Rian Johnson and Lawrence Kasdan are putting together the overall story arc.

I'm stoked.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 27 Nov 2016, 2:35 pm

@IoJovi TBF, I've yet to see any comments, including from the traditionalists, that are excited about Trevorrow being in charge of IX. But at least Johnson wrote the overall story and via VIII does the majority of character development/heavy lifting. And again, what the writers have to say (especially Kasdan who's responsible for the best character development of the franchise) is what I'm more interested in hearing about, versus blah blah blah so and so said on Twitter OMG blah blah blah.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 30 Nov 2016, 4:23 pm

The answer of how Maz found the saber may be answered in Episode VIII. There was a sequence showing how she found it but was cut out of TFA.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/4151222/amp

And it says, like many on this forum, it was originally Ben's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 30 Nov 2016, 4:42 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:The answer of how Maz found the saber may be answered in Episode VIII.   There was a sequence showing how she found it but was cut out of TFA.

@Darth Dementor

Do a little digging and you learn about the rain scene and the fight with kylo and the KOR. They are fighting a clan for a lightsaber. One which the script leads you to believe is anakins..
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 01 Dec 2016, 6:10 am

Poor Kylo - no wonder he was mad at Finn for having it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 5:40 am

Gemini wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:The answer of how Maz found the saber may be answered in Episode VIII.   There was a sequence showing how she found it but was cut out of TFA.

@Darth Dementor

Do a little digging and you learn about the rain scene and the fight with kylo and the KOR. They are fighting a clan for a lightsaber. One which the script leads you to believe is anakins..
@Gemini

But I believe he did not find it! In the trailer we see a saber similar to that of Obi Wan in his hands. Was this the only saber he had found in the small village? It would be in this village that Maz finds Luke's saber, if so, this lightsaber has never been with Kylo, ​​but rather he was looking for you.

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_odruk8KXPt1u4orvh_1280
Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_odrus9wjIr1u4orvh_540
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 5:51 am

Magnolia_3.0 wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Darth Dementor

@Gemini

But I believe he did not find it! In the trailer we see a saber similar to that of Obi Wan in his hands. Was this the only saber he had found in the small village? It would be in this village that Maz finds Luke's saber, if so, this lightsaber has never been with Kylo, ​​but rather he was looking for you.

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_odruk8KXPt1u4orvh_1280
Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_odrus9wjIr1u4orvh_540
@Magnolia_3.0

@gemini has a full theory on the fact that Kylo had Obi's wan's saber in the original trailer and what that could mean with shared visions between Reylo, it is a really good read, enjoy!

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/150654072989/the-hidden-lightsaber-and-how-lucasfilm-have
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 6:14 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Magnolia_3.0 wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Darth Dementor

@Gemini

@Magnolia_3.0

@gemini has a full theory on the fact that Kylo had Obi's wan's saber in the original trailer and what that could mean with shared visions between Reylo, it is a really good read, enjoy!

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/150654072989/the-hidden-lightsaber-and-how-lucasfilm-have
@spacebaby45678

I read this @Gemini theory! And I loved it a lot ... including the pictures above, I borrowed from there. Very Happy cheers
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 02 Dec 2016, 10:59 am

Magnolia_3.0 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Magnolia_3.0 wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Darth Dementor

@Gemini

@Magnolia_3.0

@spacebaby45678

I read this @Gemini theory! And I loved it a lot ... including the pictures above, I borrowed from there. Very Happy cheers
@Magnolia_3.0

I think it's an upcoming twist in the KOR and kylo backstory for sure

It's leading you to believe they have found anakins saber with the clan(it's dark both sabers are blue) low and behold he picks it up and it's not anakins but someone else's and it shows him and the audience who's connected to it

I know Pablo backtracked recently about  the saber he's holding and then said it's glove lol before that he seemed to confirm it was something he was holding in a tweet when speaking with mrs Ben solo

Backtracking is interesting indeed.

If it's a glove, that's one long a** arm he has and I can't see why they would remove the shots of his arms .
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5