Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

+25
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
Darth Dingbat
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
LondonGal555
guardienne
Moonjump05
snufkin
Little_Boots
reylo1992
Sylvia Snow
Rei of Sunshine
Jakku
ReyofLightSide
rey09
ZioRen
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
panki
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
spacebaby45678
Gemini
29 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 2 Empty Re: Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

Post by Jakku Tue 01 Nov 2016, 6:35 am

FRom what JJ said, it sounds as if Rey is simply looking back at the sight of Hux's ship rescuing Kylo, not at anything particularly sinister.  The fact that they cut the scene left Rey's glance a bit mysterious.

I don't know whether JJ meant that Ren will be physically different in the next movies, or if the construct of Kylo Ren as opposed to Ben Solo will be altered in the future, because Ben/Ren is still in the hands of the FO.

But I note that JJ suggests they discussed what Rey should do when she has Ren at her mercy - should she kill him in  a most un-Jedi way?  It's fairly obvious that Kylo is the main plot point in the ST, so there was never any possibility that Rey would kill him.  So JJ is presumably talking about he wanted the audience to be thinking at that point. Perhaps the 'in some form' is about what he wants the viewer to be thinking, that Kylo is not dead but that nobody knows what's going to happen with him?

Last edited by Jakku on Tue 01 Nov 2016, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, Saracene, cross-posted!)
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 2 Empty Re: Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 01 Nov 2016, 6:36 am

Interesting JJ's comments about 5 notes in Kylo's theme, which some have identified with Anidala's Across the stars...

“It’s amazing these five notes existed before, but never in this way and now Star Wars fans will always associate that melody with our bad guy”

" Finally, 1:30 to 1:40 in the song “Follow Me,” (The Force Awakens OST), in a scene where Rey is quietly startled by Finn’s concern on her behalf, a five note theme is audible that was utilized during strong emotional scenes with Obi-Wan in the prequels. (As I said, bear with me.) "

Amazing but Williams has pulled exactly 5 notes for each of them
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 01 Nov 2016, 6:39 am

Truth in the music!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 01 Nov 2016, 7:24 am

Re: "Live in some form" = we haven't decided what his scar will look like. His wounds were not nearly that severe to require Vader-like costume. His lungs are fine, his limbs are in one piece. he got a facial scar, a hole in his gut, and 2 stabs in both shoulders. Far cry from limbless roasted chicken Vader.

According to Ireland reports, his costume and saber look exactly the same. Mark calls him "Dangerous Dreamboat."
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 01 Nov 2016, 7:51 am

I take "Live in some form" as an idiomatic expression in a way meaning "he'll live someway, somehow after all that happened, and we'll get to see him again." Also hinting at a huge change.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 01 Nov 2016, 7:59 am

Them actually cutting the hux loading ren onto the shuttle is interesting and totally changes the dynamic of the moment she looks back. It now looks as if she senses something and is showing concern, where as if the part with kylo was there after she looks, it would seem like she just heard something.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 01 Nov 2016, 8:31 am

Saracene wrote:
Jakku wrote:I'm a bit worried by JJ saying "And this moment tells you that Kylo Ren will live on in some form..." as Snoke sends Hux to fetch him.

What does he mean..."in some form"?
@Jakku

He'll live as a disembodied spirit inside a metal box and be like HAL 9000?

Seriously though, I don't think that JJ's words always deserve close scrutiny. I mean, when he says that they weren't sure how to finish Rey and Kylo's fight and whether Rey should kill him in an un-Jedi fashion, it's not like they were seriously considering killing Kylo off in the very first film.
@Saracene

On the other hand, I would like to think that maybe JJ is hinting about Kylo redemption arc and return as Ben. Because after the duel with Rey, Kylo was a broken man, physically and mentally. Not to mention the emotions that he felt after Han's death. So the man that Hux took with him is currently broken and possibly at that point the Kylo Ren persona is dying.
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 01 Nov 2016, 8:45 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Saracene wrote:
Jakku wrote:I'm a bit worried by JJ saying "And this moment tells you that Kylo Ren will live on in some form..." as Snoke sends Hux to fetch him.

@Jakku

Seriously though, I don't think that JJ's words always deserve close scrutiny. I mean, when he says that they weren't sure how to finish Rey and Kylo's fight and whether Rey should kill him in an un-Jedi fashion, it's not like they were seriously considering killing Kylo off in the very first film.
@Saracene

On the other hand, I would like to think that maybe JJ is hinting about Kylo redemption arc and return as Ben. Because after the duel with Rey, Kylo was a broken man, physically and mentally. Not to mention the emotions that he felt after Han's death. So the man that Hux took with him is currently broken and possibly at that point the Kylo Ren persona is dying.
@Sylvia Snow

I mean, no way Kylo is hurt enough to reappear with a bunch of metal on him or anything like that. They didn't play it out like he was heavily injured to that point, so it'll be jarring to audiences if he suddenly shows up with robot parts. Heck, even the lightsaber wound missed all the vital pieces of his face to the point where it looks like it'll be more decoration than disfigurement.

It's possible he's hinting at redemption. Or at least hinting that the Kylo we see in VIII won't exactly be the Kylo we remember in VII. Good or bad.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 01 Nov 2016, 8:50 am

ZioRen wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:
Saracene wrote:

@Jakku

@Saracene

@Sylvia Snow

I mean, no way Kylo is hurt enough to reappear with a bunch of metal on him or anything like that. They didn't play it out like he was heavily injured to that point, so it'll be jarring to audiences if he suddenly shows up with robot parts. Heck, even the lightsaber wound missed all the vital pieces of his face to the point where it looks like it'll be more decoration than disfigurement.

It's possible he's hinting at redemption. Or at least hinting that the Kylo we see in VIII won't exactly be the Kylo we remember in VII. Good or bad.
@ZioRen

Kylo Ren living on in some form points to redemption. He's definitely not going to be the same man by the end of this trilogy, for certain. The last Skywalker is also not going to die being "more machine now, than man..."

Know this, and it'll all be just fine... Very Happy
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 01 Nov 2016, 9:04 am

Gemini wrote:Them actually cutting the hux loading ren onto the shuttle
@Gemini

Made Kyluxes cry in anguish. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 01 Nov 2016, 9:27 am

vaderito wrote:
Gemini wrote:Them actually cutting the hux loading ren onto the shuttle
@Gemini

Made Kyluxes cry in anguish. Laughing
@vaderito

You're harsh. hahahah
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 01 Nov 2016, 9:42 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:Interesting JJ's comments about 5 notes in Kylo's theme, which some have identified with Anidala's Across the stars...

“It’s amazing these five notes existed before, but never in this way and now Star Wars fans will always associate that melody with our bad guy”

" Finally, 1:30 to 1:40 in the song “Follow Me,” (The Force Awakens OST), in a scene where Rey is quietly startled by Finn’s concern on her behalf, a five note theme is audible that was utilized during strong emotional scenes with Obi-Wan in the prequels. (As I said, bear with me.) "

@spacebaby45678

I don't really get it. What are these five notes in Kylo's theme J.J.Abrams is talking about? And what are the five notes used during strong emotional scenes with Obi-Wan? Question
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 01 Nov 2016, 9:51 am

What is the song Follow Me? There's a song in the movie?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 01 Nov 2016, 9:58 am

vaderito wrote:What is the song Follow Me? There's a song in the movie?
@vaderito

It's actually one of the score in TFA, if I not mistaken, it's the soundtrack for the meeting of Finn and Rey
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:04 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:
vaderito wrote:What is the song Follow Me? There's a song in the movie?
@vaderito

It's actually one of the score in TFA, if I not mistaken, it's the soundtrack for the meeting of Finn and Rey
@Sylvia Snow

Don't remember it. I've heard the soundtrack any times but that didn't really stick in my mind. Some themes are more memorable some are less.

Kylo notes are heard in TP. It's noticeable when you hear Kylo theme and than recognize the sound in TP. But it isn't as striking/iconic there as it is in TFA.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:21 am

J.J.Abrams: “And in this moment where she is about to, for the first time, be confronted by Kylo Ren, a character who she’s going to have a very interesting relationship with moving forward.”

J.J.Abrams: “And in this moment where she is about to, for the first time, be confronted by Kylo Ren, a character who she’s going to have a very interesting relationship with moving forward.”
Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 2 1010
Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 2 Screen50

Anti-Reylos:
Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 2 Man-1511
Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 2 Belle-10Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 2 Screen51

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA - Page 2 Famous10

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:26 am

People who listened to it are also saying that the way JJ says the "interesting relationship" line is super suggestive. Can anyone here confirm?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:34 am

ZioRen wrote:People who listened to it are also saying that the way JJ says the "interesting relationship" line is super suggestive. Can anyone here confirm?
@ZioRen

Wondering this, myself. I'm all ears!!! bounce
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:51 am

reylo1992 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Interesting JJ's comments about 5 notes in Kylo's theme, which some have identified with Anidala's Across the stars...

@spacebaby45678

I don't really get it. What are these five notes in Kylo's theme J.J.Abrams is talking about? And what are the five notes used during strong emotional scenes with Obi-Wan? Question
@reylo1992

Kylos theme has 5 notes from a theme from the PT called Across the Stars which was a theme for Anakin and padme

A theme that plays for Rey called Follow Me has 5 notes taken from a theme dedicated to obi wan in the PT
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:57 am

IoJovi wrote:
ZioRen wrote:People who listened to it are also saying that the way JJ says the "interesting relationship" line is super suggestive. Can anyone here confirm?
@ZioRen

Wondering this, myself. I'm all ears!!! bounce
@IoJovi

I personally don't see that specific comment as very suggestive in itself because an interesting relationship moving forward between two characters can cover many possibilities. I think that this is sugestive for the Reylo community because we relate it to all Reylo clues that we have been gathering on this forum in the past year but I don't think that the general audience would immediately relate it with a love story. To me, the fact that J.J. Abrams hightlights that Star Wars is a fairytale, compares Rey to Cinderella and calls Kylo/Ben a prince is much more suggestive. I must say that I am surprised that J.J. Abrams gives so many details of that kind because I thought they wanted to keep it locked until Episode VIII arrives in the theaters. So if I wouldn't have so many Reylo clues in mind, I would be more careful about what he says.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:02 am

Gemini wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@reylo1992

Kylos theme has 5 notes from a theme from the PT called Across the Stars which was a theme for Anakin and padme

A theme that plays for Rey called Follow Me has 5 notes taken from a theme dedicated to obi wan in the PT
@Gemini

Thank you! Smile It's clearer in my mind now. Very interesting that they took a theme from Obi-Wan in a music played for Rey. But which music was it for Obi-Wan? Do we have this music anywhere in the Prequel OST? I would like to hear it by myself because I really don't see in which scene(s) with Obi-Wan it was played.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:05 am

I think that going into minuscule details, trying to read leaves from tone of voice, notes, etc is unnecessary. The truth isn't in those details but in the big picture. And big picture points away from Reylated and Finnrey as more than just friends, while it points towards Kylo's redemption or at least that he won't get eviler and eviler, and development between Rey and Ren that isn't what most people expect. It's also said in clear terms that Rey and Ren relationship is what we care about, that it's important, that it will be very interesting moving forward, and that Kylo's interest in Rey is more than just about the map.  And, of course, that there are fairytale elements and he looks sorta like a prince when he unmasks. One really couldn't ask for more.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:09 am

@ZioRen

It's not 'suggestive' in the sense i'm guessing shippers mean? As in, a euphemism for romance or anything. He pauses slightly before saying it, but all that means is he can't really say more right now for obvious reasons.

You can hear it here http://bastila-bae.tumblr.com/post/152575095275/diminished-comet-here-is-the-force-awakens-jj
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:12 am

@Vaderito

But how is the big picture pointing away from reylated? Everyone says this but rarely delves into why. No solid evidence backs it up

Nothing in jjs commentary suggests rey random

Jj recently saying he withheld her second name in tfa because he felt tfa only had room for one reveal is the latest in a stream evidence indicating that rey is related to someone huge in the saga.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:18 am

BastilaBey wrote:
@ZioRen

It's not 'suggestive' in the sense i'm guessing shippers mean? As in, a euphemism for romance or anything. He pauses slightly before saying it, but all that means is he can't really say more right now for obvious reasons.

You can hear it here http://bastila-bae.tumblr.com/post/152575095275/diminished-comet-here-is-the-force-awakens-jj
@BastilaBey

Yes I can confirm this. It is very suggestive
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum