Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is Rey related to? New poll

+12
spacebaby45678
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Darth Dingbat
Mana
4forYouRey-lolo
Xylo Ren
IoJovi
snufkin
Gemini
panki
Reylo Lemon
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is Rey related to?

Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 13 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 7 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 12 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 11 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 55

Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is Rey related to? New poll

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 21 Dec 2016, 10:24 am

Birdwoman wrote:I was reading a Reddit thread yesterday and saw this speculation posted by a fan: This person theorized that Rey is the clone of Luke and some others. That his DNA was taken off the light saber that Maz had or Kylo had....

I honestly didn't finish this persons theory, I was just surprised at the length some people go to make her the daughter of Luke.
@Birdwoman

I want to slap these people in the face.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is Rey related to? New poll

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:34 am

Mana wrote:Alright ladies and gentlemen, here's an article where the quote was published, and it's not just Daisy talking about her character, Adam and John reveal a little bit about their characters as well. It was published on the 11th of December 2015

'Force Awakens’ stars reveal interesting details
@Mana

OT from parentage, but I thought this was an interesting quote from that article:

Daisy on Rey wrote:What’s weird is that Rey’s hair is only like that (like Princess Leia’s) in one scene. The fact that it’s that iconic is crazy. There were many jokes on how to make the hairstyle, so we called them “3 knobs.” So, my hair, makeup and costume were the “3 knobs.”

Am I reading that correctly that they had Rey in a Princess Leia hairstyle at some point? For one scene? (If so, it obviously didn't make the final cut for TFA...) scratch
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:38 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mana wrote:Alright ladies and gentlemen, here's an article where the quote was published, and it's not just Daisy talking about her character, Adam and John reveal a little bit about their characters as well. It was published on the 11th of December 2015

@Mana

OT from parentage, but I thought this was an interesting quote from that article:

Daisy on Rey wrote:What’s weird is that Rey’s hair is only like that (like Princess Leia’s) in one scene. The fact that it’s that iconic is crazy. There were many jokes on how to make the hairstyle, so we called them “3 knobs.” So, my hair, makeup and costume were the “3 knobs.”

Am I reading that correctly that they had Rey in a Princess Leia hairstyle at some point? For one scene? (If so, it obviously didn't make the final cut for TFA...) scratch
@ISeeAnIsland

The bit on Princess Leia hairstyle is absolutely interesting. I wonder why they dropped it?
(I am assuming a ton of people would just point at the fact as the ultimate proof for Rey being Leia's secret daughter lol! )
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:42 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Mana wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Mana wrote:Did we know before for certain that Rey's parents left her on Jakku and not strangers/kidnappers/people who were ordered to kill her/family friends? Because I think this quote from The Queen herself answers that:

Rey’s parents left her at 5, and we meet her when she’s late teens or early 20s, and for someone to keep hopeful that there’s a better life to come, I think, is astounding. Though she starts off alone, she very much finds her place in a group of people, and that’s lovely.”
@Mana

That's awesome. So it was definitely the fams who abandoned her?

Well what jerks lol
@Gemini

I definitely remember Daisy saying something like this..I think it was in a video...I found the quote but I'm still looking for the source. But it certainly looks like it was her parents that ditched her...
@Mana

It makes you wonder why huh?

Scared of her powers and they knew Jakku was a good place to hide her?

Didn't love her? So they dumped her there?

Maybe they intended to come back and it was temporary (that was my first thought a long time ago)
@Gemini

an old article pre TFA circa September 29 2015

“We heard an interesting rumor… and that her parents dropped her off on Jakku and she has been waiting for them to return”.

This new revelation is extraordinary and throws everything we thought we knew about Rey on its head and reveals a much deeper character story then we could imagine. Rey was dropped off by her parents, presumably for her safety. Which is suprising in itself as Jakku isn’t exactly Disneyland. It was also revealed in the podcast that the name “Rey” was indeed an alias to hide her true name while in hiding. We suspected her real name to be Kira, as that was discovered on the production set over a year ago. So here we have a young woman, left behind on a dangerous planet to go into hiding under a different name. A young strong woman waiting for her parents to return.

we can take the theory that Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia Solo and lay it to rest.

We now know (if the new rumor is to be believed) that she remains on Jakku to wait for her parents. Therefore her parents must have been loving and caring as she wouldn’t wait around for them if they weren’t

https://www.starwarspost.com/will-the-real-parents-of-rey-please-stand-up/

Rey's home in concept art

Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 534b11c37959a2bb815f7f9664cf7df1-1024x464
@spacebaby45678

That's interesting. There was a reddit poster who had a few things that ended up being correct about Rogue One who insists that most of the casting department knew who Rey's parents were and "knew her real name".
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:59 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Mana

@ISeeAnIsland

Good catch! That sounds very peculiar Shocked "Like that"... that sounds like she was referring to something that the journalist was asking her about?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 21 Dec 2016, 12:20 pm

I went into TFA knowing that her story was that she was waiting for her family. But the initial conclusion I had was that something really bad had happened, so her parents had to leave her there. And likely whatever they were trying to protect her from caught up with them and killed them. The only reason she'd stuck around there so long was that facing the "never coming back" reality of her situation meant either thinking about how they'd straight up abandoned her or that they were dead. So she was stuck there in denial. Possibly also with her deepest secret/fear being that the abandonment was deliberate and that it meant she was otherwise not worthy of people caring for her/loving her. Which is why Finn coming back for her is such a huge deal for her. I never got the impression that she and Finn had the potential to be a couple, but I did very much get the impression that he fills the family role for her, in both getting her off of Jakku and demonstrating to her that there are people who care enough about her to come back for her.

*If* there's any Kenobi angle, makes it interesting that Snoke won't allow Ben's birth name to be spoken. If he knew all of the OT players, what's to say that he didn't also have a history with Obi-Wan?

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 21 Dec 2016, 12:54 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Mana wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Mana wrote:Did we know before for certain that Rey's parents left her on Jakku and not strangers/kidnappers/people who were ordered to kill her/family friends? Because I think this quote from The Queen herself answers that:

Rey’s parents left her at 5, and we meet her when she’s late teens or early 20s, and for someone to keep hopeful that there’s a better life to come, I think, is astounding. Though she starts off alone, she very much finds her place in a group of people, and that’s lovely.”
@Mana

That's awesome. So it was definitely the fams who abandoned her?

Well what jerks lol
@Gemini

I definitely remember Daisy saying something like this..I think it was in a video...I found the quote but I'm still looking for the source. But it certainly looks like it was her parents that ditched her...
@Mana

It makes you wonder why huh?

Scared of her powers and they knew Jakku was a good place to hide her?

Didn't love her? So they dumped her there?

Maybe they intended to come back and it was temporary (that was my first thought a long time ago)
@Gemini

an old article pre TFA circa September 29 2015

“We heard an interesting rumor… and that her parents dropped her off on Jakku and she has been waiting for them to return”.

This new revelation is extraordinary and throws everything we thought we knew about Rey on its head and reveals a much deeper character story then we could imagine. Rey was dropped off by her parents, presumably for her safety. Which is suprising in itself as Jakku isn’t exactly Disneyland. It was also revealed in the podcast that the name “Rey” was indeed an alias to hide her true name while in hiding. We suspected her real name to be Kira, as that was discovered on the production set over a year ago. So here we have a young woman, left behind on a dangerous planet to go into hiding under a different name. A young strong woman waiting for her parents to return.

we can take the theory that Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia Solo and lay it to rest.

We now know (if the new rumor is to be believed) that she remains on Jakku to wait for her parents. Therefore her parents must have been loving and caring as she wouldn’t wait around for them if they weren’t

https://www.starwarspost.com/will-the-real-parents-of-rey-please-stand-up/

Rey's home in concept art

Who is Rey related to? New poll - Page 2 534b11c37959a2bb815f7f9664cf7df1-1024x464
@spacebaby45678

That's interesting. There was a reddit poster who had a few things that ended up being correct about Rogue One who insists that most of the casting department knew who Rey's parents were and "knew her real name".
@ISeeAnIsland

Interesting. There was one reporter talking to LF employees at the time and that was AB
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Wed 21 Dec 2016, 5:24 pm

@Mana

Yes I rember seeing this, and reading about it again suddenly reminded me of a post I found on Tumblr some weeks ago (I didn't see it posted here? If it was already, sorry!):

If I were any good at writing posts, I would talk about all the interesting things I listened to while watching The Force Awakens with the descriptive audio on, but I’ll just mention one.

Maz: “Dear child, I see your eyes. You already know the truth. Whomever you’re waiting for on Jakku… they’re never coming back.”

Descriptive Audio: “The orphan closes her grieve stricken eyes."

cr.:duffyren-shellierey.tumblr.com

That's in an official material and it's self-explanatory.
It's what I always assumed anyway because the movie makes it clear that this is Rey's situation: beside Rey fitting every characteristic of the orphan figure in books and movies, her family/parents have been gone for 14 years, and unless they wanted to get rid of her on purpose or are imprisoned somewhere and can't get back to her, the most logic conclusion is that they're dead. And it only confirms Maz's speech and what I've always said about it. Maz's speech tells you everything you need to know about Rey's family/parents and it automatically negates the possibility of Rey being Luke's daughter: the persons she's waiting for on Jakku (=her family/parents, she even tells that to bb8 ) are not coming back, they're gone and she knows it, she now has to let go of her past, included the hope of seeing them again, move on and go find her true belonging by letting the force guide her.
There's someone else (someone who obviously isn't her family, because the subjects of the two sentences are different) who could still come back with her help, and the fact that she thinks it's Luke (which btw is the most logic answer on her part, because Maz just told her that the lightsaber belonged to him),  whom she never met and who was only a myth for her (while she knows who her family is), doesn't leave any chance for him to be her father (that + the way Kylo and Rey's scenes were filmed and the tropes/imageries/subtext they contained). It's why I never believed Rey to be a Skywalker and why I'm confused everytime I read somewhere that Kylo and Rey are related, because tfa tells you that that's not possible and that her parents are gone, and not that she will meet them while they're holing up on their private island.
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by 4forYouRey-lolo Wed 21 Dec 2016, 7:11 pm

Gemini wrote:
4forYouRey-lolo wrote:I like the Obi-Wan Kenobi theory, but I've also not seen any completely convincing arguments for it, I just like it. The parallels would be so nice.

I voted for the idea that she is a royal/elder house member though. Because ...I also just like the idea haha. I have no other basis for my thoughts! I think i just like the lost princess trope. Like Anastacia.
@4forYouRey-lolo

Not even all the new info that's come out can convince? :p
@Gemini

What are considered the new facts? I'd love to hear them! All I've seen so far is that her accent is the same as Obi Wans, Maz's quote about seeing the same eyes in different people, parallels, and then quotes that she is most likely not Luke or Leia or Hans child. I think these points have all been thought out very well by people, but are still too flexible to be evidence to me. I am still hoping though haha.
4forYouRey-lolo
4forYouRey-lolo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 22 Dec 2016, 2:00 am

4forYouRey-lolo wrote:
Gemini wrote:
4forYouRey-lolo wrote:I like the Obi-Wan Kenobi theory, but I've also not seen any completely convincing arguments for it, I just like it. The parallels would be so nice.

I voted for the idea that she is a royal/elder house member though. Because ...I also just like the idea haha. I have no other basis for my thoughts! I think i just like the lost princess trope. Like Anastacia.
@4forYouRey-lolo

@Gemini

What are considered the new facts? I'd love to hear them! All I've seen so far is that her accent is the same as Obi Wans, Maz's quote about seeing the same eyes in different people, parallels, and then quotes that she is most likely not Luke or Leia or Hans child. I think these points have all been thought out very well by people, but are still too flexible to be evidence to me. I am still hoping though haha.
@4forYouRey-lolo

Secret email chain between Pablo and filoni about something scandalous in obi wan and satines backstory.

Official Star Wars saying there's something hidden in their back story

Their secret backstory is basically being added to the canon right now of all times lol. A relationship seen on screen a long time ago is now being brought back up again now. Something is in it which relates to current stories

You have ABs (someone who's a bit of an insider) clearly saying that he thinks rey is related to obibwan and that he has a very important role to play in the new saga films and says that disney feel the most logical place to make an obi wan prequel is after episode 9. So something huge in 9 is tied to obi wan. I don't think anything will get buts in seats for an obi wan movie faster than him being the grandfather of the lead character we have been watching lol.

People are adamant that them dragging Ewan into the studio and painstakingly altering Alec Guinness voice is just an Easter egg.

It is one of the biggest misconceptions the audience has ever made. He calls rey by name, rey hears this. It directly effects the current plot. People didn't realise rey will most certainly ask Luke who that was calling to her? Why was he calling? How does he know her name? This one simple question pulls obi wan  single handedly back into the centre of the plot (because he is tied directly to rey) and it is extremely relevant. Official Star Wars have named it as one of the most important and telling moments in obi wans life (death lol)
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 4forYouRey-lolo Thu 22 Dec 2016, 10:16 am

Gemini wrote:
4forYouRey-lolo wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@4forYouRey-lolo

@Gemini

@4forYouRey-lolo

Secret email chain between Pablo and filoni about something scandalous in obi wan and satines backstory.

Official Star Wars saying there's something hidden in their back story

Their secret backstory is basically being added to the canon right now of all times lol. A relationship seen on screen a long time ago is now being brought back up again now. Something is in it which relates to current stories

You have ABs (someone who's a bit of an insider) clearly saying that he thinks rey is related to obibwan and that he has a very important role to play in the new saga films and says that disney feel the most logical place to make an obi wan prequel is after episode 9. So something huge in 9 is tied to obi wan. I don't think anything will get buts in seats for an obi wan movie faster than him being the grandfather of the lead character we have been watching lol.

People are adamant that them dragging Ewan into the studio and painstakingly altering Alec Guinness voice is just an Easter egg.

It is one of the biggest misconceptions the audience has ever made. He calls rey by name, rey hears this. It directly effects the current plot. People didn't realise rey will most certainly ask Luke who that was calling to her? Why was he calling? How does he know her name? This one simple question pulls obi wan  single handedly back into the centre of the plot (because he is tied directly to rey) and it is extremely relevant. Official Star Wars have named it as one of the most important and telling moments in obi wans life (death lol)
@Gemini

Oh wow, that does sound interesting! I never heard of any emails, and I don't know anything about this Satine character, though I've heard the name. If this is a twist for a future movie, casual fans like me wouldn't see it coming. An Obi-wan movie would be useful in explaining it. \
4forYouRey-lolo
4forYouRey-lolo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2