Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks to everyone for helping, he's credited my theory now

+15
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
Little_Boots
MyOnlyHope
reylo1992
IoJovi
snufkin
ZioRen
Magnolia_3.0
BastilaBey
Rimfaxe96
spacebaby45678
Reylo Lemon
Mana
Gemini
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Thanks to everyone for helping, he's credited my theory now Empty Thanks to everyone for helping, he's credited my theory now

Post by Gemini Thu 05 Jan 2017, 2:10 am

Hello. Just thought I'd add this here as a request to stop flagging the video where someone is getting mass amount of views off of other people's theories (including mine) he has now credited me and others. He still has not credited me for the Joan of arc linknto kylo but he has credited me for the saber theory.

I thought I'd make a thread because I was angry yesterday and ranted in several places. Just want to say thanks to those who helped and just bring it to one place so people would be aware to stop flagging

Thanks to gwendy and spacebaby as well for helping as well with the artwork part and finally pushing him to add credits

Last edited by Gemini on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Thanks to everyone for helping, he's credited my theory now Empty Re: Thanks to everyone for helping, he's credited my theory now

Post by Mana Thu 05 Jan 2017, 3:32 am

Hey Gem, I saw that and it really pissed me off too...that was all YOUR hard work!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Thanks to everyone for helping, he's credited my theory now Empty Re: Thanks to everyone for helping, he's credited my theory now

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 05 Jan 2017, 4:34 am

Yeah! cheers
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 5:36 am

Good! Your theories is what really made that video work! and it is convincing many people. He believes in Rey being half Kenobi and Half Palpatine, but i can't wait for his Rey and Kylo will fall in love video...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 05 Jan 2017, 5:57 am

Thanks guys!

Wow it's at 150,000 views
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 7:52 am

Still not trusting that YouTuber, the only good thing is that he's apparently got quite the audience with over 150k+ clicks.

Also my favourite comments are

this reply made me belive in reylo
So Luke and Rey are going to create the powerful Skywalker/Kenobi hybrid.
Stop being so convincing, you are confusing me as hell
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 8:21 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Still not trusting that YouTuber, the only good thing is that he's apparently got quite the audience with over 150k+ clicks.

Also my favourite comments are

So Luke and Rey are going to create the powerful Skywalker/Kenobi hybrid.
Stop being so convincing, you are confusing me as hell
@Rimfaxe96

Besides giving Gemini the attention she so richly deserves for her keen observations, the Reylo part is the sweetest victory.. I have always contended that Rey being a Kenobi makes the path to Reylo that much more obvious.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Thu 05 Jan 2017, 8:32 am

Nice one gem. I saw the video because someone sent me an ask about it on tumblr and as I started watching I was like erm...this is gem's stuff. I really was expecting you to have a credit at the end, as well as Gwendy for the art. Glad its opening people up to other theories besides Reywalker and Rey solo.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 9:52 am

Gemini wrote:Hello. Just thought I'd add this here as a request to stop flagging the video where someone is getting mass amount of views off of other people's theories (including mine) he has now credited me and others. He still has not credited me for the Joan of arc linknto kylo but he has credited me for the saber theory.

I thought I'd make a thread because I was angry yesterday and ranted in several places. Just want to say thanks to those who helped and just bring it to one place so people would be aware to stop flagging

Thanks to gwendy and spacebaby as well for helping as well with the artwork part and finally pushing him to add credits

The video is below and it's pretty good. He's a reylo shipper to boot!

@Gemini

His video was very well done, but I want to congratulate you on Obi Wan Kenobi's lightsaber theory. I read your theory some time ago, and I never left it, I found it incredible and I believe it seriously! Perfect, congratulations! I love you I love you I love you
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:24 am

Magnolia_3.0 wrote:
Gemini wrote:Hello. Just thought I'd add this here as a request to stop flagging the video where someone is getting mass amount of views off of other people's theories (including mine) he has now credited me and others. He still has not credited me for the Joan of arc linknto kylo but he has credited me for the saber theory.

The video is below and it's pretty good. He's a reylo shipper to boot!

@Gemini

His video was very well done, but I want to congratulate you on Obi Wan Kenobi's lightsaber theory. I read your theory some time ago, and I never left it, I found it incredible and I believe it seriously! Perfect, congratulations! I love you I love you I love you
@Magnolia_3.0

Thank you Smile

You know I'm still kind of pissed and will be messaging him later. When it comes to the saber part he is literally reading my thmblr post word for word and passing it of as his own. He should have mentioned me in the video. In the comments everyone is congratulating him on "cracking the secret" it's infuriating. I realised this possible outcome in June last year and over many months and thanks to mrs Ben solo etc with articles managed to piece a lot more together about the clan. It was hard work, lots of sources and he just freaking stole it.

I wish I sat on this theory and did a video like this rather than write about it everywhere. I realised this last month. Way too late.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:35 am

This is also all about sexism and misogyny. I can't help but feel this way

Men steal women's ideas and pass them off as their own since the dawn of time. I feel like if I was a man, this would not have happened and he would have credited me.

Also it's frustrating how the second the theory comes out of a mans mouth it's listened to and appreciated by other men and fanboys

Maybe I'm crazy lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:46 am

Nah, Gem. I'm sure he would have done it regardless of your gender. People always want all the glory. If they can pass off everything as theirs with no complaints, they make out like bandits. Unfortunately for him you didn't take it lying down.

I think more people listen to him because he already had a built in audience (though yes, fanboys definitely take male opinions more seriously. I bet if more male fans supported Reylo, it wouldn't be seen as such a ridiculous idea). Which makes me glad that he even somewhat listened to you and added credits. A lot of those people just swing their fandom weight around and crush anyone they stole from who has a lesser audience because their people back them up.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm

@Gemini

Unfortunately we still live in an extremely sexist world! But do not be annoyed, in the groups that I participate the vast majority know that this theory is yours, I say this because we have already discussed exhaustively about it. My friends from the group on Facebook met through your Tumblr, myself before participating in this forum. I liked the Youtuber video, but honestly it was just a well done plagiarism ... it did not bring anything new, just presented in a different way ... Very Happy Wink
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:16 pm

Gemini wrote:This is also all about sexism and misogyny. I can't help but feel this way

Men steal women's ideas and pass them off as their own since the dawn of time. I feel like if I was a man, this would not have happened and he would have credited me.

Also it's frustrating how the second the theory comes out of a mans mouth it's listened to and appreciated by other men and fanboys

Maybe I'm crazy lol
@Gemini

It sounds like fanboy theories get a Hell of a lot more respect than shipping, so yes there's an element of sexism in whether it's respected or mocked. Glad you at least forced him into giving credit, but that's still pretty s***ty plagiarizing what you wrote and presenting it like he thought of it himself.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:24 pm

ZioRen wrote:Nah, Gem. I'm sure he would have done it regardless of your gender. People always want all the glory. If they can pass off everything as theirs with no complaints, they make out like bandits. Unfortunately for him you didn't take it lying down.

I think more people listen to him because he already had a built in audience (though yes, fanboys definitely take male opinions more seriously. I bet if more male fans supported Reylo, it wouldn't be seen as such a ridiculous idea). Which makes me glad that he even somewhat listened to you and added credits. A lot of those people just swing their fandom weight around and crush anyone they stole from who has a lesser audience because their people back them up.
@ZioRen

I don't think this guy targeted @Gemini to steal her work based on her gender, but I would be lying if I said I didn't think gender played a part in the amount of positive attention this video is receiving.  That's part of what makes me so angry about this whole thing on Gem's behalf.  

I'm glad he's finally credited you on 90% of the researched that's yours in this video, but I wouldn't stop pushing until he gives you all of it.  

This whole thing still sucks all the way around because had he not gotten the massive amount of pressure from basically all over the Internet, I think would it have gone ignored.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 05 Jan 2017, 1:07 pm

I knew it was coming the second the obi wan spoilers and rumours started picking up lol. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone picked up on it and would use it for personal gain it sucks
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 2:53 pm

Glad for you @gemini. You deserve to earn the credit for your brillant theories!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 3:10 pm

Gemini wrote:You know I'm still kind of pissed and will be messaging him later. When it comes to the saber part he is literally reading my thmblr post word for word and passing it of as his own. He should have mentioned me in the video.
@Gemini

This. I don't see why he couldn't mention you - or gwendy, whose art he took - in the video.

See, this is why I don't care for "big YouTubers" or any Star Wars videos in general (except for clips from the movies), it lacks creativity like Hollywood. Worse than Hollywood actually - if Hollywood directors would just downright steal things 1:1 from their colleagues, there'd be hell to pay in court. And little boys just reading theories or lore explanations from wiki's other people have worked really hard on for years is just plain lazy (and regarding the lore videos often less than precise).

Nothankyou, I'll rather stick to Animash videos.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 05 Jan 2017, 6:38 pm

Looks like mike zeroh has also taken my idea..I can't even watch it but he's talking about both sabers now too

What a joke

I just can't with this I'm really upset
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Thu 05 Jan 2017, 6:48 pm

@gemini That sucks but please don't take it personally. Mike Zeroh has stolen from MSW and they are the big leagues. He doesn't give a f***, it's pretty awful. We're your friends and we know it's your theory. And if it all turns out to be the accurate story, you'll feel the satisfaction for sure Smile
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 05 Jan 2017, 6:54 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@gemini That sucks but please don't take it personally. Mike Zeroh has stolen from MSW and they are the big leagues. He doesn't give a f***, it's pretty awful. We're your friends and we know it's your theory. And if it all turns out to be the accurate story, you'll feel the satisfaction for sure Smile
@BastilaBey

Yeah I see what you mean, there's no point in me really fighting this.

Thanks for your support.

I'm just very passionate about this one particular theory and just put a lot of effort into it and it never paid off or picked up really and it's just frustrating how other people use it and put in zero effort and get a huge response.

It's not the first time this has happened to me either.

It may even be wrong, imagine lol.

But from that moment I had that instant lightbulb moment 6 months ago it's been a passion and it sucks Sad
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 05 Jan 2017, 6:59 pm

And the Vader castle thing mike mentions there...I think they are spying here

Something has alerted these big guns to my theory and it's like they both raced to get it out
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:31 pm

Contact YouTube. They'll take them down because of copyright issues in no time.

edit; There you go: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622?hl=en&visit_id=1-636193351144089159-875668314&rd=1

Click "SUBMIT A COPYRIGHT COMPLAINT". Alternatively you may just write an e-mail and they'll take them down.

Frankly, you should do it - would serve them right. Idiots.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 06 Jan 2017, 4:15 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Contact YouTube. They'll take them down because of copyright issues in no time.

edit; There you go: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622?hl=en&visit_id=1-636193351144089159-875668314&rd=1

Click "SUBMIT A COPYRIGHT COMPLAINT". Alternatively you may just write an e-mail and they'll take them down.

Frankly, you should do it - would serve them right. Idiots.
@Rimfaxe96

Thank you for that

They won't take zerohs down though
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 6:26 pm

Gemini wrote:Thank you for that

They won't take zerohs down though
@Gemini

Why wouldn't they? Copyright is copyright, no matter who ignores it?
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next