Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II

+67
Gemlake
LesCousinsDangereux
Lucina
bashfulblueeyes3
Starliteprism
Atenais
Kylo Rey
Lily Snape
LadyHa
Kessel
Casper
Rei of Sunshine
rawpowah
Kylo Men
BigDeal2187
DeeBee
Night Huntress
Moonlight13
nite0wl29
BenSoloLives
lauvamp
SanghaRen
MrsWindu
BenOrgana
rey09
Darth Rowan
darthbutterfingers
EchoBase
creepi0
AceofWands
Geralt_Riv
fuhry
Acritiqua
Piper Maru
spacebaby45678
snufkin
Irina de France
SoloSideCousin
SkyStar
Darth Dementor
Pyro Nebula
ReyofLightSide
Darth_Awakened
SheLitAFire
TheBastardofMandalore
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
Saracene
Reylo Lemon
Helix
CienaRee
vaderito
MyOnlyHope
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
ZioRen
BastilaBey
IoJovi
kroi
Xylo Ren
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
reylo1992
Gemini
Rogue Rey
71 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Empty Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by panki Tue 05 Dec 2017, 10:46 am

Honestly, Rey can belong to any lineage at the end of the day as long as the story makes sense and does not contradict existing canon...the one issue I had with the EU is the disconnect between different media....this more or less seamless storytelling makes it so much easier to understand character's story arcs.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 05 Dec 2017, 4:34 pm

Daisy shared a tiny bit of frustration on parentage theories again:
"I do think it is hilarious that there’s this great character [Rey] and everyone’s trying to attribute it to another character."
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:13 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

"I do think it is hilarious that there’s this great character [Rey] and everyone’s trying to attribute it to another character."
@FrolickingFizzgig

My vibe is that she has heard about the Kenobi theory and was deflecting a little. Just my obs + I like the symmetry. :-p Who knows?
Roll on 14 December. ;-)
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:15 pm

Starliteprism wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

My vibe is that she has heard about the Kenobi theory and was deflecting a little. Just my obs + I like the symmetry. :-p Who knows?
Roll on 14 December. ;-)
@Starliteprism
I mean, John told fans to move on from Rey Kenobi in one of these interviews a few days ago, so I don't think she was deflecting. The interviewer was obviously fishing so she just kept saying "I don't know."
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:20 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

Roll on 14 December. ;-)
@Starliteprism
I mean, John told fans to move on from Rey Kenobi in one of these interviews a few days ago, so I don't think she was deflecting. The interviewer was obviously fishing so she just kept saying "I don't know."
@FrolickingFizzgig

Didn't Daisy say that Rey Kenobi was a very popular theory at the Celebration?
But yeah John made it pretty clear that theory's dead.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:23 pm

I really do feel for Daisy in all this. You can see the frustration simmering under the surface everytime she gets asked about Rey's parentage (which is A LOT!) Since TFA, I've been open to some of the theories but I always, in my heart, wanted her to be someone completely new. She deserves to be totally original and not under the shadow of any previous lineage. Kylo is that character. He is the one shouldering the burden of a family legacy, that's his story. Rey should get to shape her own destiny, no matter where she came from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:26 pm

CienaRee wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

Roll on 14 December. ;-)
@Starliteprism
@FrolickingFizzgig

@CienaRee

I'll keep the flame going on the Kenobi connection, until the 14 December tells me otherwise. cheers
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm

CienaRee wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

Roll on 14 December. ;-)
@Starliteprism
@FrolickingFizzgig

@CienaRee
She has definitely heard of Rey Kenobi. At this stage and with various interviewers all fishing for their scoop she doesn't seem to have much to say beyond "I don't know".

@KrazyForKylo
I'm on the same page as you there. The past few days have seen the shattering of a lot of fan theories. Daisy laughed at Rey Solo again today, Mark revealed his headcanon backstory about Luke falling in love, leaving the order and losing a child shortly after Return of the Jedi (which makes Rey Skywalker all the more debunked) and John was really kind about shooting down Rey Kenobi.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:31 pm

Can I just take a moment and say...I love you guys. I read more than comment but it's just fun seeing inside everyone's thought processes on how things may progress in the film. Really enjoying myself. Very Happy Smile Cool
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:17 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

Roll on 14 December. ;-)
@Starliteprism
@FrolickingFizzgig

@CienaRee
She has definitely heard of Rey Kenobi. At this stage and with various interviewers all fishing for their scoop she doesn't seem to have much to say beyond "I don't know".

@KrazyForKylo
I'm on the same page as you there. The past few days have seen the shattering of a lot of fan theories. Daisy laughed at Rey Solo again today, Mark revealed his headcanon backstory about Luke falling in love, leaving the order and losing a child shortly after Return of the Jedi (which makes Rey Skywalker all the more debunked) and John was really kind about shooting down Rey Kenobi.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Maybe that Rey was meant to parallel a lot Obi-Wan just like Finn parallels a lot Luke, which doesn't make Finn Luke's son (maybe a reason why Mark and John have fun together about this). Now, I find that LF is playing a strange game there.

Once again, I never was very interested in Rey's parentage but the way John debunks it is so strangely abrupt. Until now, there was absolutely nothing in the movie or the marketing clearly debunking the Rey Kenobi theory. And I suppose that LF has been aware of this theory long before John said us to "move on with that one".

I mean, ReySolo/Reywalker never got debunked that brutally although it was debunked regularly since TFA came out. I wish that the cast would have given the same abrupt answer to Reywalke/Reysolo, telling them to move on with that one. Now, does the fact that John implies "you should move on" with the idea that Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter completely rule out the possibility that she could be part of his lineage: maybe yes, maybe not. I think that the Rey Kenobis are right to point out that there is a special connection to Obi-Wan whatever it means. If not, why is he the one to reach out to her through the Force although she is touching Anakin's lightsaber, being btw the only person knowing her name? So she may not be his granddaughter but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that she is related to him in some way.

In any case, my feeling is that whatever her parentage is, the most important is not about the identity of her relatives but the meaning behind her connection with the Force. And we know fro Daisy that there is no immaculate conception in Rey's case. So that makes me comeback to one of my main headcanon: the possible connection of the ST with Atlantis - The lost Empire and even more with the Castle in the Sky. Let's keep in mind that Mihazaki got inspiration from Disney movies and in return Disney got inspiration from his movies. Hard to buy that Atlantis - the Lost Empire got any inspiration from the Castle in the Sky.

Whatever her lineage is, my feeling is that Rey is related to a family who has a connection with something ancient related to the Force, maybe the original vision of the Force. My feeling is that she is like Lusheeta: a descendants of a (royal) family who had a special connection to a place and its living energy. In the case of Lusheeta, she discovers that she is the descendant of the royal family of Laputa, a place that got its living energy from a cristal. But her family left Laputa centuries ago and split in two branchs on earth. Therefore comes the revelation that her biggest ennemy is no other than her long-lost relative whose goal is to awaken Laputa, take the throne and use the destructive power of the cristal to rule over the world.

Sheeta: This is no longer a throne room. This is a tomb for the both of us. You see, a king without compassion does not deserve a kingdom. You will *never* possess the crystal! You and I will die here, together. Now I understand why the people of Laputa vanished. This is a song from my home in the valley of Gondoa that explains everything. It says, "Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of spring." No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great your technology might be, the world cannot live without love.

When I consider what they've done with RO regarding the introduction of the Whills,there is this idea that the original conception of the Force was all about living in harmony with that living energy that surrounds us and binds us. And then, this original conception became twisted and created a never-ending war between the DS and the LS, with the idea to use this living energy to fight the ennemies. The Death Star and SKB are very good examples of advanced technologies misusing of living energy for war. And both Kylo and Rey seem to hold a terrible raw power that could be misused and create disasters, very much like the Rainmaker in Looper.

So my feeling is that Rey is connected to the Whills and this is pure speculation fr now but my feeling she will ultimately renounce her title like Anastasia and both she and Kylo will give up their raw power by the end of ST like Lusheeta for the sake of the galaxy.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:30 am

@Reylo1992
I genuinely think the parallels were there because Rey is the hero and they wanted her to have a bit of all the previous heroes inside her. Obi-Wan, Han, Luke, Leia, etc. She's all of them, which is one of the things that makes people call her a Mary Sue, but I don't believe they did it for that reason at all. They just wanted people to identify with the character.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:29 pm

Ok so new interview from Rian Johnson and Ridley etc. To me, it doesn't particularly sound like Rey is random and the past is not important in this movie. Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/star-wars-the-last-jedi-14-things-we-learned-w513392

3. As he shaped the story for Last Jedi, Johnson found it challenging to grapple with the "patterns" in the Star Wars movies.  

"It was a real process," he says. "There's a lot of possibilities with how to take it... Even just as a Star Wars fan, you realize there are patterns etched into your brain of how you think it should go.  It's tough, because you don't want to let yourself be guided by those deep-set grooves in your brain, but you also don't want to make creative decisions just to spite those. It's an interesting line to ride. I felt that I had to be conscious of those patterns and those grooves. Whether I was going to subvert them or play along with them. You could say, 'I'm going to just ignore them and tell my story,' but then you're fooling yourself and you're probably just going along the same path. I had to be conscious of them and even incorporate them. This can't drive it, but you have to incorporate them, almost in a meta way, into the narrative itself."

4. For Johnson, the identity of Rey's parents is less important than the character's reaction to the information.

"What does it mean to her, what does it mean to us," he says. "I really, really believe that it has to be rooted in something that has an emotional impact, and that's the only thing that matters. Surprise is fine, but surprise by itself is cheap. The emotional and deeply-rooted resonance of 'I am your father' [in The Empire Strikes Back]  is why we remember it. Not because, 'Oh my god, I never would have guess that he was.' Now especially that that's set as a pattern, the audience's expectations are now that, 'Oh, you're going to pull something out of your hat for this or that.' And you can, and that'll be fine, but you better damn well make sure that it also means something and is satisfying beyond just the, 'Oh, it was this,' reveal."

5. The lead characters' histories will play a larger role this time.

"There is more tying to things about the past," says Ridley. "There really wasn't that much tying in Force Awakens, because we were literally on a physical adventure, but I love knowing where we're going and why people are making the choices they are making. Which again are totally influenced by the past."
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:45 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:This is me today, since it seems like a lot of people are jumping off the Rey Kenobi bandwagon... Neutral

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 35a4f010

Anyone else still here with me?

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Ab448610
@TheBastardofMandalore

Still here, with a shred of hope. REBELLIONS ARE BUILT ON HOPE!

Although John was specifically refuting the idea that a character's accent might be a clue to their family connection, it did come out sounding like he was debunking Rey Kenobi. So maybe he was.

What I keep thinking about though, is how Star Wars Rebels has this whole Mandalorian angle and has brought back Bo-Katan Kryze, the sister of Satine Kryze. And how they've kept the whereabouts of Korkie Kryze under wraps. Why haven't they brought Korkie back? It seems like they're holding out... for something.

We also have the strange confirmation/non-confirmation of an Obi-wan movie. Maybe those two things are related to each other and not to TLJ....

fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 06 Dec 2017, 2:54 pm

Gemini wrote:Ok so new interview from Rian Johnson and Ridley etc. To me, it doesn't particularly sound like Rey is random and the past is not important in this movie. Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/star-wars-the-last-jedi-14-things-we-learned-w513392

3. As he shaped the story for Last Jedi, Johnson found it challenging to grapple with the "patterns" in the Star Wars movies.  

"It was a real process," he says. "There's a lot of possibilities with how to take it... Even just as a Star Wars fan, you realize there are patterns etched into your brain of how you think it should go.  It's tough, because you don't want to let yourself be guided by those deep-set grooves in your brain, but you also don't want to make creative decisions just to spite those. It's an interesting line to ride. I felt that I had to be conscious of those patterns and those grooves. Whether I was going to subvert them or play along with them. You could say, 'I'm going to just ignore them and tell my story,' but then you're fooling yourself and you're probably just going along the same path. I had to be conscious of them and even incorporate them. This can't drive it, but you have to incorporate them, almost in a meta way, into the narrative itself."

4. For Johnson, the identity of Rey's parents is less important than the character's reaction to the information.

"What does it mean to her, what does it mean to us," he says. "I really, really believe that it has to be rooted in something that has an emotional impact, and that's the only thing that matters. Surprise is fine, but surprise by itself is cheap. The emotional and deeply-rooted resonance of 'I am your father' [in The Empire Strikes Back]  is why we remember it. Not because, 'Oh my god, I never would have guess that he was.' Now especially that that's set as a pattern, the audience's expectations are now that, 'Oh, you're going to pull something out of your hat for this or that.' And you can, and that'll be fine, but you better damn well make sure that it also means something and is satisfying beyond just the, 'Oh, it was this,' reveal."

"There is more tying to things about the past," says Ridley. "There really wasn't that much tying in Force Awakens, because we were literally on a physical adventure, but I love knowing where we're going and why people are making the choices they are making. Which again are totally influenced by the past."
@Gemini
None of this tells me that her backstory won't be something small but emotionally impactful. A reveal can be hugely relevant simply because it creates a bridge between characters, providing the narrative and their dynamic with a deeper level of impact. Rian even uses the "I am your father" twist as an example of something that was emotionally transformative for Luke in the OT.

When Ridley says "history" I don't see her referring to her history before age five, but rather the 14 years she spent rotting away on Jakku. She has already explained that this film deals with Rey's intense loneliness a lot more viscerally. It's sadder in that way because we really get to feel how on her own Rey was as she sort of relives certain experiences with Luke.

John also revealed we might learn a little something about Finn's past in this movie.

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:42 pm

Gemini wrote:Ok so new interview from Rian Johnson and Ridley etc. To me, it doesn't particularly sound like Rey is random and the past is not important in this movie. Rolling Stone:

@Gemini

Agree with you that Rey is not random in the sense that she would  a girl coming out of nowhere. I mean by this that she is may not be necessarily related to someone that we already know but her lineage is not random in the SW universe itself.

What they seem to imply is that the identity of her parents is less important in itself than the meaning of the lineage in regard to the main stake of the ST, apparently connected to the past if I understand well Daisy's statements. In other words, making her a Kenobi, a Palpatine or whatever isn't meant to be just a nice surprise : the most important is its meaning in regard to the main stake of the ST. So I suppose that the question that the SW crew probably asked itself was: what does that lineage bring to the story we want to tell? What is the importance of her lineage in regard to the purpose of the ST?

Months ago, I had taken  the drama Scholar who walks the Night as an example of how to connect a character with past events that have an impact on the present storyline.  There is no similarity between this story and the ST but still I find that example interesting in regard to enigma set up around a lineage.

1) What is the main stake of that story?

As the story begins, the Kingdom of Joseon is secretly ruled by a vampire named Gwi who force the monarch to obey him.  However, the Crown Prince has discovered the truth and reveals to his best friend, Kim-Jong Seol, that he searched for a plan to get rid of the vampire. The two of them go to find a Vampire who is none other than Gwi's former master and who was betrayed by his apprentice. The secret plan is recorded by the Crown Prince in a book but Gwi discovers about the existence of a secret plan against him related to a list of names: Lee Bang Ho, Seo Yang Hee, Jung Chang Soo, etc...

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Captu254

Therefore, he kills both the Crown Prince and wounds his former master. As Kim-Jong Eun finds the vampire unconscious, he is bitten by him and thus becomes himself a vampire. Episode I concludes with a major lost for Kim-Jong Eun followed by a time jump of 120 years. It is revealed that Kim-Jong Seol has been searching for the Memoirs of his late friend the Crown Prince in which the secret plan to get rid of Gwi is recorded. Therefore, we are introduced to the main female lead: a bookseller named Jo Yang-Sun who disguises herself in man's clothes . And the whole drama is set up around the mystery behind that secret plan to get rid of the villain.

2) What is the importance of lineage in that story?

Progressively, it is revealed that the secret plan contained in the Memoirs of the Crown Prince is based on the combination of three elements:
- A vampire
==> You need a vampire to defeat Gwi, in other words Kim-Jong Seol himself
- The royal will
==> You need a member of the royal family who has the will to stand against the vampire contrary to his ancestors. This royal will comes from Crown Prince Lee Yoon, whose father Crown Prince Sadong already tried to stand against Gwi like their ancestor but was executed.
- The "mother's relation"
==> And here is the real enigma behind the secret plan with this intriguing line:

Crown Prince Sadong's revelation to Kim-Jong Seol: "The key to get rid of Gwi is an human"

Who is that human holding the key to destroy Gwi and how does he/she fits exactly in that secret plan? And what is the meaning behind the list of names recorded in the Memoirs 120 years  ago ?
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Captur91
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Captur93
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Captur87

It is revealed that the combination of the names actually forms a family tree, in other words a lineage representing the mother's relation. But why is this lineage in particular  is needed to achieve the main stake of the story?

3) The mystery behind the heroine's past

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Schola10

When we are introduced to Jo Yang-Sun, she is a young woman disguised in man to work as a bookseller and thus to earn a living for her modest family. It is revealed that her father served Crown Prince Sadung until the latter was sentenced to death and his supporters condemned to exile.  And it appears that the villain Gwi is strangely drawn to her blood and begins to hunt her:
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Captu259
So the key question is: who is that girl? What is her importance in that story?

Progressively, we learn that Jo Yang-Sun is actually not a random girl. As she progressively remembers of the past, she discovers that her real name is actually Seo Jin, thather real father served Crown Prince Sadung and she was a close friend of future Crown Prince Lee Yoong. More important , it is progressively revealed that she was raised as a boy by her real parents from an early age, that her parents were assassinated by the time Crown Prince Sadung was executed and that the person who assassinated them was none other than Gwi himself. And it appears that the reason behind their death has something to do with the secret plan to get rid of the vampire, in particular the mother's relation with a list of names:

4) The connection with the main stake of the story

And indeed, Seo Jin -  aka as Jo Yang-Sun - is an important character in the story in regard to the meaning behind her lineage, that specific lineage holding the key within to destroy Gwi because...
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Captu255
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Captur88

Gwi: When I look at you, I remember a woman

Hye Ryung: Was she your lover?

Gwi: I like her. It was the first time I shared those feeling with a human.

Hye Ryung: What happened to her?

Gwi: I killed her! She had my child without my permission. Since long ago, there was a story that said a baby born from a relationship between a vampire and a human has the power to kill the vampire

Hye Ryung: What happened to the child?

Gwi: The child probably died already. That happened over 200 years ago

So the importance of the lineage in that case is that it is related to the villain and that the power to destroy him passed from mother to daughter over centuries. Another interesting thing: we never get to know Seo Jin's parents. We see only glimpses of them. In other words, they are only there to serve the narrative. The real important thing is how the Seo Jin's lineage serves the main stake of the story
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Captur90

The same scheme applies more or less with the Castle in the Sky in which Lusheeta is revealed to be the descendant of the royal family of Laputa who left that place centuries ago. Therefore, she and her long-lost relative - and sworn ennemy - are the only one to hold the power to awaken Laputa again.

So the question is: how Rey's lineage would serve the narrative of the ST? I guess that the main stake is to bring the balance to the Force, between the DS and the LS. So the question: how Rey's lineage shall impact her heroin's journey in regard to that purpose, the balance of the Force ? Is it because her lineage is associated to an original conception of the Force? Is it because her lineage is related to the DS, counterbalancing the Skywalker? Is it because she holds the power within to defeat Snoke, thus the possible connection with Anastasia vs. Rasputin?

Last edited by reylo1992 on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:45 pm

Guys, she's random, a nobody who becomes somebody.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 07 Dec 2017, 4:34 am

MyOnlyHope wrote:Guys, she's random, a nobody who becomes somebody.
@MyOnlyHope

This can only be confirmed by the movie

We are still entitled to talk lineage if we want to
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:57 am

I just imagine Luke saying to Rey in TLJ

"I'am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate"

Rey: "What that's make us?"  scratch

Luke: "Absolutely NOTHING, but it was hilarious watching the SW nerds speculating and hating each other over that for 2 years!"
lol!

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:43 am

Forgive me if this has been posted/talked about in this forum, but I was reading this interview with Adam Driver in GQ, and I couldn't for the life of me get what he meant, was this taken out of context or something? I don't know if I think it's anything, I'm quite fine with her being a nobody, because the moral of the story is that anyone can be anything, even if you come from nothing - esp. Jedi, and that she's finding what's important to her now.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/adam-driver-star-wars-the-last-jedi

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 30 Screen21
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:06 am

reylodownlo wrote:Forgive me if this has been posted/talked about in this forum, but I was reading this interview with Adam Driver in GQ, and I couldn't for the life of me get what he meant, was this taken out of context or something? I don't know if I think it's anything, I'm quite fine with her being a nobody, because the moral of the story is that anyone can be anything, even if you come from nothing - esp. Jedi, and that she's finding what's important to her now.

@reylodownlo

The princess comment was taken totally out of context by the interviewer who assumed Adam was talking about Rey and used it like click bait for the article.

Adam was talking about Princess Yuki, a character in The Hidden Fortress (who hid her identity), not Rey. There's even a video of Adam explaining how it was taken out of context. I think it might be here somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:41 am

Huh, with the lineage reveal scene, that reminded me of one of the potential plot points we've discussed here - that his ability to spelunk into peoples memories isn't a coincidence when he's thrown together with somebody who mysteriously left behind/abandoned as a child. And it absolutely was that plot point - he told her the truth because it's what he saw in her mind from the beginning. It's why he took her with him back to SKB, the map was a pretext at that point and it was about her memories.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:58 am

Kessel wrote:
reylodownlo wrote:Forgive me if this has been posted/talked about in this forum, but I was reading this interview with Adam Driver in GQ, and I couldn't for the life of me get what he meant, was this taken out of context or something? I don't know if I think it's anything, I'm quite fine with her being a nobody, because the moral of the story is that anyone can be anything, even if you come from nothing - esp. Jedi, and that she's finding what's important to her now.

@reylodownlo

The princess comment was taken totally out of context by the interviewer who assumed Adam was talking about Rey and used it like click bait for the article.

Adam was talking about Princess Yuki, a character in The Hidden Fortress (who hid her identity), not Rey. There's even a video of Adam explaining how it was taken out of context. I think it might be here somewhere.
@Kessel

Ok thank you!!
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:45 pm

LET THIS THREAD DIE
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 18 Dec 2017, 3:59 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:LET THIS THREAD DIE
@MyOnlyHope

KILL IT, IF YOU HAVE TO
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Dec 2017, 4:28 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:LET THIS THREAD DIE
@MyOnlyHope

KILL IT, IF YOU HAVE TO
@Xylo Ren

ITS THE ONLY WAY FOR IT TO BECOME WHAT IT IS MEANT TO BE... (whatever that means...)

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next