Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

+71
Night Huntress
PalmettoBlue
Darth Rowan
RosiePancake
colibri
benorganasolo
nite0wl29
Blackcanary
kassadin
bashfulblueeyes3
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Moonlight13
Krafty
tukicarreno
guardienne
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
vaderito
SanghaRen
reylo1992
DarthRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
panki
Kyla Ren
Helix
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Kessel
LastCrusadeLeft
SkyStar
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
snufkin
Macha Ren
Birdwoman
Armadeus
rey09
Dark Padawan
Tex
shii405
Marchtwin
nemapasara
Moonjump05
Rei of Sunshine
Xylo Ren
EchoBase
Lily Snape
salmund
ISeeAnIsland
jakkusun
Darth Dementor
Piper Maru
AceofWands
ReyofLightSide
Little_Boots
Mana
Reylo Lemon
Irina de France
creepi0
MindAndMagic
MoonFyre
Reynak
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
Saracene
75 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 39 Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by DeeBee Sun 22 Oct 2017, 6:50 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Also worth noting: Han's death is called a sacrifice. This is very important too. He wasn't an unknowing victim who just happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. The term sacrifice denotes informed intention. He knew there was a chance he'd die, yet he decided to go out onto that bridge anyway.

And who did he sacrifice himself for? They all could've escaped without interacting at all with Kylo. So Han's sacrifice was not about easing their escape; revealing himself to his son actually did the opposite and made escape much more difficult. I think it's clear that he sacrificed himself for Ben, and this isn't going to be wasted by just having him stay on the wrong side.
@WhatGirl

Exactly. That’s what so many people fail to grasp: if Ben Solo isn’t redeemed, then JJ & co. killed one of the most beloved characters in Star Wars for nothing. It’s beyond tragic.

But, if that single act sets him on the road to redemption (and I believe it has), then his death will be incredibly meaningful, and not just for the Skywalkers. Think of all the damage an unredeemed Kylo Ren would wreck. With his sheer power, he could surpass Vader himself.

I’d also add that Rey has now seen the worst of Ben Solo, and she’s seen his reaction. Deep down, she knows he regrets what he’s done.

Like Kylo, I’m an optimist - I see them going to better places from here.
@PalmettoBlue

I love this!!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 39 Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Saracene Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:21 am

WhatGirl wrote:Also worth noting: Han's death is called a sacrifice. This is very important too. He wasn't an unknowing victim who just happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. The term sacrifice denotes informed intention. He knew there was a chance he'd die, yet he decided to go out onto that bridge anyway.

And who did he sacrifice himself for? They all could've escaped without interacting at all with Kylo. So Han's sacrifice was not about easing their escape; revealing himself to his son actually did the opposite and made escape much more difficult. I think it's clear that he sacrificed himself for Ben, and this isn't going to be wasted by just having him stay on the wrong side.
@WhatGirl

I guess the difficulty for some people is that, while from Han's point of view Han's death is a sacrifice, from Kylo's end it's very much a murder. It's a matter of, what outweighs what for you, especially when the movie gave many viewers a very poor sense of the father/son relationship. If you don't care about that relationship and you don't care about Kylo, Han's sacrifice is just not going to register much.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 2:14 pm

Saracene wrote:

@WhatGirl

I guess the difficulty for some people is that, while from Han's point of view Han's death is a sacrifice, from Kylo's end it's very much a murder. It's a matter of, what outweighs what for you, especially when the movie gave many viewers a very poor sense of the father/son relationship. If you don't care about that relationship and you don't care about Kylo, Han's sacrifice is just not going to register much.
@Saracene

I think it will be Rey's perspective that is ultimately going to matter, since in the interview Carter says it was important that she witnessed that.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 23 Oct 2017, 2:16 pm

WhatGirl wrote:  

I think it will be Rey's perspective that is ultimately going to matter, since in the interview Carter says it was important that she witnessed that.
@WhatGirl

Yeah and better cause otherwise it would be just sticking her in an important scene for the heck of having her there. But if they actually address it and show her perspective (maybe she and Kylo talk about it? Is that when he gives "Let the past die" speech?) it will be powerful.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 23 Oct 2017, 2:31 pm

vaderito wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:  

@WhatGirl

Yeah and better cause otherwise it would be just sticking her in an important scene for the heck of having her there. But if they actually address it and show her perspective (maybe she and Kylo talk about it? Is that when he gives "Let the past die" speech?) it will be powerful.
@vaderito

Yeah, if Kylo and Rey come to any kind of understanding at all, they will have to have the "Han conversation", and not because Kylo killed her 5-minute-father, but because she had nobody and he killed a member of his family, and she needs to understand why he did that to really move forward with him in anything beyond a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of situation.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 2:31 pm

vaderito wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:  

@WhatGirl

@vaderito

Anti Kylos think the purpose of having Rey there was to show how evil Kylo was for killing her father figure. This article is truly a diamond in the rough as it plainly states that the reason she's there was to witness Han's forgiving touch on his son.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 23 Oct 2017, 2:46 pm

WhatGirl wrote:  
Anti Kylos think the purpose of having Rey there was to show how evil Kylo was for killing her father figure. This article is truly a diamond in the rough as it plainly states that the reason she's there was to witness Han's forgiving touch on his son.
@WhatGirl

Rian's favorite musical:

We'll find a new way of living,
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere . . .

There's a place for us,
A time and place for us.
Hold my hand and we're halfway there.
Hold my hand and I'll take you there

KK:

Was there anything from the original films they struggled to echo in The Force Awakens? “I think we can’t explore in quite as much detail issues of compassion, the way [Lucas] did in terms of the values of the Jedi,” Kennedy says. “But we’re going to get there, let’s put it that way. In the arc of all three movies, that will increase.”

http://ew.com/article/2015/08/12/star-wars-luke-skywalker-hooked-jj-abrams/
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:52 pm

A small detail in Bloodline that I hadn't noticed before:

“Never imagined this,” Han had murmured, sitting up in their bed late at night, Ben’s tiny head resting in the crook of his father’s arm. “Having a kid. Even wanting a kid. But now he’s here, and—”
“And you’re a dad.” Leia had leaned closer, unable to resist the chance to tease her husband. “Just think, hotshot. Someday you might even be a granddad.”
Han’s chuckle had warmed her. “Speak for yourself, sweetheart. Me, I ain’t ever getting that old.”
― Claudia Gray, Bloodline

I don't take it as a proof that Kylo will get a love interest but still he was barely born that the novel already talks about potential (Reylo) babys for him one day Wink And Han's comment as a foreshadowing that he wouldn't get old enough to know his grandchildren Sad
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 24 Oct 2017, 5:52 am

reylo1992 wrote:A small detail in Bloodline that I hadn't noticed before:

“Never imagined this,” Han had murmured, sitting up in their bed late at night, Ben’s tiny head resting in the crook of his father’s arm. “Having a kid. Even wanting a kid. But now he’s here, and—”
“And you’re a dad.” Leia had leaned closer, unable to resist the chance to tease her husband. “Just think, hotshot. Someday you might even be a granddad.”
Han’s chuckle had warmed her. “Speak for yourself, sweetheart. Me, I ain’t ever getting that old.”

I don't take it as a proof that Kylo will get a love interest but still he was barely born that the novel already talks about potential (Reylo) babys for him one day Wink And Han's comment as a foreshadowing that he wouldn't get old enough to know his grandchildren Sad
@reylo1992

Yes, I noticed that too- and it might be a hint, because Claudia Gray said that she had to fight for every mention of Ben in the book.
So if they allowed this flashback conversation to be in Bloodline it could be a foreshadowing Confus

Last edited by Night Huntress on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 24 Oct 2017, 5:52 am

sorry double post Embarassed
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 24 Oct 2017, 8:23 am

Night Huntress wrote:

@reylo1992

Yes, I noticed that too- and it might be a hint, because Claudia Gray said that she had to fight for every mention of Ben in the book.
So if they allowed this flashback conversation to be in Bloodline it could be a foreshadowing Confus
@Night Huntress

I agree. Under the extremely restrictive terms that Claudia Gray wrote about Ben Solo, the fact that they let even the word "grandkids" get through could be a very big deal.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 24 Oct 2017, 9:48 pm

@reylo1992

It's been a while since I read Bloodline, so I forgot about that quote, but I remember loving it when I first read it!

@SoloSideCousin- even though the line itself isn't total proof of anything dispositive, I agree that the way Disney/LF is so strict with the story, the fact that they let a line like that in is a good thing. Smile
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 25 Oct 2017, 3:41 pm

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sat 28 Oct 2017, 7:24 pm

I have a feeling that while most people are not expecting to be a kiss in TLJ, it will happen and that will be one of the big moments in the film. Super unexpected but oh so epic! Cannot wait for that moment!.. bounce I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 28 Oct 2017, 11:50 pm

Everybody's favourite mythologist Joseph Campbell makes an interesting observation

Campbell: "...Why didn't you let go? You would have lost your life..." Everything else in his life dropped off. His duty to his family, his duty to his job, his duty his own career, all of his wishes and hopes for life just disappeared and he was about to go. And his answer was, "I couldn't let go... If I had let that young man go I could not have lived another day of my life."

This is the breakthrough of a metaphysical realization that you and the other are one, and that the separateness is only the effect of the temporal sensibilities of time and space. And true reality is in that unity with all life. It is a metaphysical truth that is spontaneously realized because its the real truth of your life.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:17 am

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:06 am

Remember this from when Daisy Ridley was on social media? Lolilol
Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 39 A4be2010
Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 39 C4828510
Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 39 3e689610

ETA: this was from an archived thread (summer of 2016), I had been trying to search for it just to remind myself of the proof
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 02 Nov 2017, 8:55 am

So there is a big rumour on tumblr (via reddit?) going around that amazon accidentally posted the TLJ soundtrack titles. People claiming that a couple tracks were called "The Prince and the Scavenger" and "Is there still good in him?" Sounds tooo good to be true....

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 02 Nov 2017, 9:04 am

rey09 wrote:So there is a big rumour on tumblr (via reddit?) going around that amazon accidentally posted the TLJ soundtrack titles. People claiming that a couple tracks were called "The Prince and the Scavenger" and "Is there still good in him?" Sounds tooo good to be true....
@rey09

It's in the crack thread and most likely fake. Lucas Films are very secretive about these things but it is very pro Reylo orientated and I like it. Twisted Evil
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:50 pm

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:53 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Look who's got hearts in their eyes - the new TLJ emoji!

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 39 Disney-emoji-blitz-tall

http://www.starwars.com/news/how-star-wars-blasted-into-the-adorable-world-of-disney-emoji-blitz
@Darth_Awakened

Blushing Rey and broken heart Kylo. Oh my.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 02 Nov 2017, 1:00 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 39 Disney-emoji-blitz-tall

http://www.starwars.com/news/how-star-wars-blasted-into-the-adorable-world-of-disney-emoji-blitz
@Darth_Awakened

Blushing Rey and broken heart Kylo. Oh my.
@Darth Dingbat

You can see on top Rey emoji with hearty eyes. cheers lol! lol! lol!
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 02 Nov 2017, 1:17 pm

@Darth_Awakened

LFL HAS CLEARLY BEEN LURKING
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 02 Nov 2017, 1:20 pm

About these emojis. The wrath of uncle Luke. lol!

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 39 KOiokgK
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 02 Nov 2017, 2:55 pm

@Darth_Awakened

Dead. Just dead. Stretcher
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum