Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay?

+50
SkyStar
Piper Maru
HJ98
WillowMeena
KnightsofReyloRen
naberrie93
Kaleyna
motherofpearl1
snufkin
Krafty
Darth Dementor
Darth Rowan
Gemini
The Summer Lady
spacebaby45678
panki
SanghaRen
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
Reylo Lemon
Camaro
ReyofLightSide
AnneNeville
vaderito
BastilaBey
guardienne
MissHarper
Reynak
BlackIsTheColor
Little_Boots
Saracene
Kyla Ren
Moonjump05
Mana
Kessel
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Rogue Rey
ISeeAnIsland
Ohtze
MeadowofAshes
Rimfaxe96
Airemyn
AnnLouise
Darth_Awakened
MoonFyre
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
Force22
FrolickingFizzgig
Sylvia Snow
54 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Is Kylo Ren a virgin?

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Vote_lcap63%Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 72 ]
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Vote_lcap7%Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Vote_lcap20%Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 23 ]
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Vote_lcap10%Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 115

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Empty Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay?

Post by AnneNeville Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:18 am

This has been one of the hotly debated topics. What are your thoughts: Virgin!Kylo, yea or nay? And why do you think what you think?

Last edited by AnneNeville on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 2:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Empty Re: Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay?

Post by vaderito Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:22 am

Hell Yeah and I say Virgin!Kylo of Never Been Kissed variety. I mean, look at him! Monkish clothes, shuns all physical contact, abandoned child, abused by that creeper Snoke who certainly doen't want Kylo to love anyone, his only confidante is his dead grandpa's mask. Plus, his really awkward way he's trying to court Rey, all instinct and zero practice/experience.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:27 am

I'm putting my money on Kylo being a virgin here. He may have some idea about sex but I don't think he ever experience it before. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Sylvia Snow on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:27 am

total virgin. he idolizes vader and knows his weakness was 'love', both for family and his wife. he looks at rey like he's literally just discovered what attraction is. the bridal carry seems instinctive, like he's not even aware of how it comes across
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:30 am

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhE4baOOhoecmN4oc09hTwEItWhgbOIdQBlMgI2msoEX0_LsoNTQ

Case closed? More like encased in clothes . . .
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:32 am

@anneneville as far as i am concerned, it's kylo's biggest crime to hide that body under all those layers
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? 26504AC800000578-0-Fears_Adam_Driver_claimed_he_is_petrified_of_the_Internet_as_he_-m-21_1425509193193
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:32 am

BastilaBey wrote:total virgin. he idolizes vader and knows his weakness was 'love', both for family and his wife. he looks at rey like he's literally just discovered what attraction is. the bridal carry seems instinctive, like he's not even aware of how it comes across

Yes, yes! 100 times bolded! it wa snot premeditated romantic move on his part, otherwise he wouldn't make that courtship blunder "tell me about the droid" after so much build up (bridal carry, kneeling, unmasking). I'm sure he knows that he looks good, so unmaksing had "who's a creatchah now?" ring to it, but he's otherwise total virgin discovering things as he goes. I mean, that childlike wonder in his eyes while looking at her, obviously imaging kissing her...virgin. That's all instinct, zero practice.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:33 am

@BastilaBey -- Are you fishing for "likes"? Cause I think you're going to get a bunch of them now. Shocked Very Happy
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:39 am

I definitely think Kylo is a virgin. For me, it's a combination of both the emotional baggage Ren was burdened with since childhood, indoctrination, Snoke's descriptions of him, the inspirations behind his character and Star Wars' genre and target-audience. In my intellectual opinion, which was formed based on evidence in his characterization, he is definitely virginal.

This is an old comment of mine from Jedi Council Forums:

Ren is not an individual who would willingly place himself in such a position of vulnerability, leaving himself open to judgement, to attachment, to pain—not with anybody. Associating Ren with such common mortal attributes somehow betrays my interpretation the character, who was clearly inspired by the Knights Templar and a chaste fairytale prince or princess. Snoke even describes him as "pure" in the novelization, which was based on the shooting script.

I once saw someone use sex as a biological need as proof behind it being unlikely for a 30-year-old to be totally inexperienced sexually, but that's just another example of how fantasy differs from reality. Ren is a character, not a person, and everything about his character paints him as repressed, controlled and conditioned. Sex and intimacy of any kind—especially casual sex—would all fit snugly into a box of human "weaknesses" and "distractions". Ren appears to be quite dismissive of his human imperfections, his "vulnerabilities." He covers himself in layer upon layer of black, even his hands and neck. He is not at peace with himself physically, emotionally or mentally, but ironically he has little control over any of these facets of his being. We see this when he meets Rey. He quickly becomes physically, emotionally and mentally enamoured with her on a base human level, and it's rather incongruous. That's where a lot of their tension and chemistry comes from of you ask me.

Ren is still repressed around her, but his tendency to act on raw instinct causes him to crouch on the ground watching her sleep, to attempt—and fail miserably—at interacting with her, to cast aside his mission and fish through her thoughts and memories, to stare at her face, her lips, her body. Yet he never touches her once, he almost seems to shy away from it, quivering with anticipation, battling with the weakness and vulnerability she is making him feel. Couple that with the fact that she twice leaves him in actual states of vulnerability leads us to a fascinating dynamic.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:39 am

From legal Image Ripository by AnneNeville

Do you see the face of experienced Sex God or do you see the face of the purest virgin:

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Tumblr_o43q8qvNee1v4q2hwo1_1280

BTW, how did this poll get 69 views in such a short time?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:44 am

do you guys also think rey is a virgin? i am less sure about her, even though she is younger and childlike in lots of ways. i think she may be just based on how thrown she is by ren in the interrogation
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by CienaRee Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:46 am

@BastiallaBey,I'm 100% sure Rey's a virgin.She didn't like Finn touching her and in the Before The Awakening novel it's mentioned that Rey never works with other scavengers because she only trusts herself so virgin for sure.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:49 am

CienaRee wrote:@BastiallaBey,I'm 100% sure Rey's a virgin.She didn't like Finn touching her and in the Before The Awakening novel it's mentioned that Rey never works with other scavengers because she only trusts herself so virgin for sure.
You are probably right, she's described as a loner in that book and Finn is her first friend. If it wasn't a Disney movie, I'd say Rey would have had to do some pretty tragic things in order to survive as a young woman on Jakku but clearly that's not going to be part of her character's canon.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:50 am

Yeah, no way that Rey isn't. I know that fic writers like the idea that she is experienced and teaches Virgin!Kylo how it's done but they are 2 total, Never Been Kissed virgins. Like, c'mon! They'll be each others first and only forever. Both are types that love only once and when that happens they give it everything. You'll see, this is going to be the most epic romance ever. Pure and hot at the same time.

@Force22 Viewing count is now over 92!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:54 am

BastilaBey wrote:do you guys also think rey is a virgin? i am less sure about her, even though she is younger and childlike in lots of ways. i think she may be just based on how thrown she is by ren in the interrogation
It's not even a question for me. Rey, Finn and Ren are all virgins. Children's fairytale/coming-of-age story basically demands it.

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? Tumblr_o02fi8jrzg1srq3avo1_500
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:56 am

I feel Snoke wants to keep him untouched both physically and emotionally for whatever nefarious purpose he has....if anything brings out emotions like light and compassion, Snoke wants to get rid of it....so I can't imagine Snoke letting him even take off his gloves to touch someone, let alone disrobe.

Kylo Ren reminds me of a dark version of a Vestal Virgin, who has avoided social and familial commitments to focus on learning and spiritual powers (mastery over the Force in this case)

I know this sounds silly but Kylo unmasking reminded me of this painting of a Vestal Virgin by Frederick Leighton.

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? 47704907

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:57 am

It's funny though, many people have said that Rey and Finn are obviously virgins as well because of the way they grew up. Rey, yes, I think so - but I'm less sure about Finn. He grew up in close quarters with other young people of both sexes, and he doesn't seem shy and awkward at all. The FO may be a controlling environment, but no controlling regime can control a massive number of hormonal youngsters growing up in barracks or a military academy or wherever it is they were brought up. Nor is it in the FO's best interests to keep all those young people frustrated.

Last edited by Darth Dingleberry on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:57 am

Virgin. Judging by his demeanor and get up, he's like a guy who doesn't want to be touched and not comfortable with intimacy. After the unmasking and before the mind probe, there's also a moment when he acted like an awkward teenager.

BastilaBey wrote:total virgin. he idolizes vader and knows his weakness was 'love', both for family and his wife. he looks at rey like he's literally just discovered what attraction is. the bridal carry seems instinctive, like he's not even aware of how it comes across

This is the awakening for Kylo in TFA...

MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:59 am

Of course he is a virgin. Razz
Kylo is not weak and foolish like his father. Twisted Evil
I am just imagining the same poll for Han Solo in ANH (mwahahaha)

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:59 am

panki wrote:I feel Snoke wants to keep him untouched both physically and emotionally for whatever nefarious purpose he has....if anything brings out emotions like light and compassion, Snoke wants to get rid of it....so I can't imagine Snoke letting him even take off his gloves to touch one, let alone disrobe.

Kylo Ren reminds me of a dark version of a Vestal Virgin, who has avoided social and familial commitments to focus on learning and spiritual powers (mastery over the Force in this case)

I know this sounds silly but Kylo unmasking reminded me of this patining of a Vestal Virgin by Frederick Leighton.

This is the most brilliant Virgin!Kylo comparison ever! cheers I'm 100% behind this. 100%. It also explains why Snoke would encourage it. perhaps being untouched enhances the power?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:00 am

vaderito wrote:
panki wrote:I feel Snoke wants to keep him untouched both physically and emotionally for whatever nefarious purpose he has....if anything brings out emotions like light and compassion, Snoke wants to get rid of it....so I can't imagine Snoke letting him even take off his gloves to touch one, let alone disrobe.

I know this sounds silly but Kylo unmasking reminded me of this patining of a Vestal Virgin by Frederick Leighton.

This is the most brilliant Virgin!Kylo comparison ever! cheers  I'm 100% behind this. 100%. It also explains why Snoke would encourage it. perhaps being untouched enhances the power?

Could be. Snoke in the novelisation does wax poetic about Ren being "pure".
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:06 am

Darth Dingleberry wrote:It's funny though, many people have said that Rey and Finn are obviously virgins as well because of the way they grew up. Rey, yes, I think so - but I'm less sure about Finn. He grew up in close quarters with other young people of both sexes, and he doesn't seem shy and awkward at all. The FO may be a controlling environment, but no controlling regime can control a massive number of hormonal youngsters growing up in barracks or a military academy or wherever it is they were brought up. Nor is it in the FO's best interests to keep all those young people frustrated.
I think it would be hard to prove that in the context of the actual story though. The confusion comes from the fact that Finn's characterization really conflicts with what we hear about the First Order's indoctrination of child-soldiers. People disagree because while the First Order seems to state one thing, Finn himself states another thing (and acts a certain way). It's irritating to me... one of the things that proves what character(s) the writers were really intent on focusing on. They cared more about creating a gigantic "energy of the sun as a weapon/rebirth of the sun" metaphor for Ren than they did fixing Finn's ridiculous, contradictory characterization.

I'm going to stick with my personal interpretation that Rey, Ren and Finn are all virgins because it just fits with the way I view the story.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:17 am

@Darth Dingleberry

Could be. Snoke in the novelisation does wax poetic about Ren being "pure".

That old perv/creep. He can't have Kylo (cause too old can't do sith, probably his willy rotted and fell off) so he made sure no one else has him. easiest way - cover THAT face and THAT body and no one will be tempted. But along comes innocent, unwitting temptress Rey and - boom!

@FrolickingFizzgig what's with rising viewing count of this poll? Can't be just us (registered people). Very Happy

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next