Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forces of Destiny web series

+38
special_cases
DeeBee
Riri
californiagirl
rawpowah
lauvamp
Starliteprism
BB-Rey
Man Without A Star
Mana
Reylo Lemon
rey09
Rei of Sunshine
nemapasara
Irina de France
EchoBase
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
panki
SkyStar
spacebaby45678
Cowgirlsamurai
Armadeus
SoloSideCousin
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
Kessel
CienaRee
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
IoJovi
Piper Maru
ISeeAnIsland
Helix
snufkin
42 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 Empty Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:39 pm

Helix wrote:The monster should've been a Graboid. Rey could've teamed up with Burt Gummer and tamed a Graboid.
@Helix

Haha. I'm glad that I wasn't the only person who immediately thought of Tremors while watching that. In fact, I bet that there's no way that they didn't at least have Tremors in mind when they wrote that.

Very cute, BTW.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:49 pm

I had the worst mental image of a SW fanboy lecturing little girls buying Forces of Destiny dolls in stores about how it's not the 'right' kind of SW, but then I realized that probably would happen.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:55 pm

USA Today

It manages to capture what made Rey great in the film: She is smart and strong, but also patient and kind, in that short time, and also lets her show off some new moves.

@Helix oh they're in the comments section already, complaining about how it should be "proper" animation. And when being told to settle down because it's not meant for them, getting defensive. Maybe the collecting part is why some of them get so missish about it. Like if it's geared towards girls, collector bros can't handle the idea of collecting stuff that might look more like dolls.

Ha so now looking at the Monstah, I'm reminded of @Darth Dingbat comparing the Rathtars to Vagina Dentata. More proof that SW is enduring an evil female takeover!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 03 Jul 2017, 2:00 pm

[quote="snufkin"]

I was kinda having some flashbacks to Dune watching the Monstah,
@snufkin

It isn't just you. I see lots of talk about it all over the Internet.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 03 Jul 2017, 2:04 pm

snufkin wrote:USA Today

It manages to capture what made Rey great in the film: She is smart and strong, but also patient and kind, in that short time, and also lets her show off some new moves.

@Helix oh they're in the comments section already, complaining about how it should be "proper" animation. And when being told to settle down because it's not meant for them, getting defensive. Maybe the collecting part is why some of them get so missish about it. Like if it's geared towards girls, collector bros can't handle the idea of collecting stuff that might look more like dolls.

Ha so now looking at the Monstah, I'm reminded of @Darth Dingbat comparing the Rathtars to Vagina Dentata. More proof that SW is enduring an evil female takeover!
@snufkin

The ST is a stealth sequel to the movie Teeth.

They hate that the new toys in general are 5 points of articulation instead of super articulation like 2007-2012 era of SW toys. I follow enough collectors sites to see the endless complaining, although most of those sites just acknowledge FoD as a thing that exists and don't really complain, but I don't look in their comments. Which is surprising since at least one of those sites is owned by the biggest man baby alive who probably would lecture little girls on FoD in person, or any kid buying 'inferior' SW toys.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 03 Jul 2017, 2:36 pm

TFA:

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 Reylo-GIF-by-fuckyeahreylo-tumblr-kylo-ren-and-rey-39431480-500-213

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 4f3fdea3504c84ad6470575fcc61c869

TLJ:

Rey has a sequence on Ahch-To where she fights a rather large sea monster (we have also heard she wears a black cloak during this sequence over the costume we described before). It has been suggested but not confirmed that Rey’s besting of the sea monster grants her permission to be at the sacred location by the “puffins.” However, the sequences could be totally unrelated.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/12/rumors-star-wars-episode-viii-and-the-protectors-of-ahch-to/
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/06/a-closer-look-at-the-ahch-to-sea-creature-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi.html

Forces of Destiny: Sands of Jakku

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 Monster

That's a lot of monsters for Rey. She was kind to Sandworm, "besting" the TLJ one doesn't indicate a kill either, but what about Her Monstah?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 5:24 pm

vaderito wrote:TFA:

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 Reylo-GIF-by-fuckyeahreylo-tumblr-kylo-ren-and-rey-39431480-500-213

TLJ:

Rey has a sequence on Ahch-To where she fights a rather large sea monster (we have also heard she wears a black cloak during this sequence over the costume we described before). It has been suggested but not confirmed that Rey’s besting of the sea monster grants her permission to be at the sacred location by the “puffins.” However, the sequences could be totally unrelated.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/12/rumors-star-wars-episode-viii-and-the-protectors-of-ahch-to/
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/06/a-closer-look-at-the-ahch-to-sea-creature-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi.html

That's a lot of monsters for Rey. She was kind to Sandworm, "besting" the TLJ one doesn't indicate a kill either, but what about Her Monstah?

@vaderito

What you're pointing there is so interesting. There was someone on this forum who made the suggestion that maybe Rey could be saved by the sea monster while drowning into the ocean. Let's assume that this happens what if she would be saved because instead of killing the monster during her test she would have actually  "tamed" it and sort of become friend with it?  Then, she would have succeeded the test by proving that  she can live in harmony with the creatures of the island without endangering their lives. Plus, it could some nice foreshadowing of her relationship with Kylo going forward. My feeling is that one of the major arc of the ST is about misuse/exploitation of natural element on the one hand (i.e. the Sun in TFA) and living in harmony with nature on the other hand. The fate of the zillo death in CW already raised a big debate among the characters in this regard. Providing that Ben was already paralleled by the Sun (mis)used by the FO to charge their weapon, I think that the parallel with the monster Rey faces could perfectly makes sense.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 5:28 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
vaderito wrote:TFA:

TLJ:

@vaderito

What you're pointing there is so interesting. There was someone on this forum who made the suggestion that maybe Rey could be saved by the sea monster while drowning into the ocean. Let's assume that this happens  what if she would be saved because instead of killing the monster during her test she would have actually  "tamed" it and sort of become friend with it?  Then, she would have succeeded the test by proving that  she can live in harmony with the creatures of the island without endangering their lives. Plus, it could some nice foreshadowing of her relationship with Kylo going forward. My feeling is that one of the major arc of the ST is about misuse/exploitation of natural element on the one hand (i.e. the Sun in TFA) and living in harmony with nature on the other hand. The fate of the zillo death in CW already raised a big debate among the characters in this regard. Providing that Ben was already paralleled by the Sun (mis)used by the FO to charge their weapon, I think that the parallel with the monster Rey faces could perfectly makes sense.
@reylo1992

Also to add to this, there was a whole episode in Rebels where Bendu teaches Kanan how to coexist with those giant spider things.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 6:01 pm

Helix wrote:
snufkin wrote:USA Today

@snufkin

The ST is a stealth sequel to the movie Teeth.

They hate that the new toys in general are 5 points of articulation instead of super articulation like 2007-2012 era of SW toys. I follow enough collectors sites to see the endless complaining, although most of those sites just acknowledge FoD as a thing that exists and don't really complain, but I don't look in their comments. Which is surprising since at least one of those sites is owned by the biggest man baby alive who probably would lecture little girls on FoD in person, or any kid buying 'inferior' SW toys.
@Helix

Hahaha! Geez, I can just imagine those dudes carrying on like how John McEnroe keeps trying to act like Serena Williams isn't GOAT.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 03 Jul 2017, 6:24 pm

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 Captur14

I laughed so hard during this scene. Rey locking eyes with a monster, relating to his situation and feeling compassion for him. Oh god, I wonder when did that happen before Laughing

I love the smell of metaphors in the morning.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 03 Jul 2017, 6:29 pm

Piper Maru wrote:Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 Captur14

I laughed so hard during this scene. Rey locking eyes with a monster, relating to his situation and feeling compassion for him. Oh god, I wonder when did that happen before Laughing

I love the smell of metaphors in the morning.
@Piper Maru

Right?That moemnt was so sweet and Rey's freckles are just adorable.
Btw,is it just me or were they implying that Rey used the force a few times while trying to save BB8 because that's the impression I got but I could be wrong.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 03 Jul 2017, 6:33 pm

@CienaRee

She totally did. When the monster "ate" BB-8 and was hiding, she sensed their presence through the Force.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 03 Jul 2017, 6:35 pm

Piper Maru wrote:@CienaRee

She totally did. When the monster "ate" BB-8 and was hiding, she sensed their presence through the Force.
@Piper Maru

Yup,which makes things really interesting because if TFA isn't the first time Rey's bene using the force then you have to wonder what awakening did Kyloa nd Snoke felt exactly.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 03 Jul 2017, 6:53 pm

@reylo1992 That's why I think that rey's biggest challenge is Kylo, not her parents as most fans think. She can feel compassion for a cute droid, a sand worm who was just following its natural instinct and a goofy deserter from FO, but her monstah Kylo is a different animal altogether. Can she do it? Especially if that goes against Luke's wishes.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 03 Jul 2017, 7:00 pm

Kylo is definitely a piece of work, but let's think together:

Rey is a hero. The main point of the archetype of the Hero is to show someone who is not like us, mere mortals. The Hero does the impossible. His/her actions defy the established rules and that's why he/she triumphs. Rey's main ability is to fix things. She's an expert in garbage and broken stuff. She's also VERY empathetic and feels compassion to random droids, creatures and people who lie to her face (Finn lied to her and yet she loved him anyway). This is her heroic behavior: she can see the good in others and actively help them. Even when it's improbable or impossible.

It's not by chance that in her heroic journey, her main antagonist is a broken man (I'M BEING TORN APAAAART), a "monster" and a "creature". Everyone tried to reach out to him and failed (Han, Leia, Luke) because he's f**ed up beyond recognition. He committed an atrocity (patricide) that is seemingly unforgivable. No one else can help him or forgive him. But oh, what a shock, the heroine has a mysterious connection with him and she's capable of fixing and forgiving anything.

Ehem
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 7:03 pm

Piper Maru wrote:Kylo is definitely a piece of work, but let's think together:

Rey is a hero. The main point of the archetype of the Hero is to show someone who is not like us, mere mortals. The Hero does the impossible. His/her actions defy the established rules and that's why he/she triumphs. Rey's main ability is to fix things. She's an expert in garbage and broken stuff. She's also VERY empathetic and feels compassion to random droids, creatures and people who lie to her face (Finn lied to her and yet she loved him anyway). This is her heroic behavior: she can see the good in others and actively help them. Even when it's improbable or impossible.

It's not by chance that in her heroic journey, her main antagonist is a broken man (I'M BEING TORN APAAAART), a "monster" and a "creature". Everyone tried to reach out to him and failed (Han, Leia, Luke) because he's f**ed up beyond recognition. He committed an atrocity (patricide) that is seemingly unforgivable. No one else can help him or forgive him. But oh, what a shock, the heroine has a mysterious connection with him and she's capable of fixing and forgiving anything.

Ehem
@Piper Maru
This is so true! cheers  Claps
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 03 Jul 2017, 7:13 pm

Piper Maru wrote:@CienaRee

@Piper Maru

Yup, I'm pretty sure that she was using the Force without realizing it. Hence, the line about being "lucky".

So, apparently, her Force powers weren't completely muted while on Jakku.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 03 Jul 2017, 7:52 pm

Ehem
@Piper Maru

this is quoted for truth and explain why only the hero(ine) can reach Kylo, not his mom as some fans think. Family is the reason why he's where he is, it takes a champion from the outside to connect with him.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 8:43 pm

Ehem
@Piper Maru

So true. I agree completely.

Rey is a heroine; people who want her to just hate Kylo forever and kill him clearly have no concept of what heroism actually means especially in a story like Star Wars. It's not about striking down your enemy but saving them through compassion and forgiveness.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Jul 2017, 11:05 am

LOL, poked my head into Sands of Jakku YT comments board. LOL and Yikes. But this is good:

Not trying to sound rude or anything.....but what exactly was the point of this? I see no logical reason why this needs to be considered canon.

LOL, some fans just don't get it why Rey having compassion for a monster needs to be canon. In fact, some fans don't get the point of SoJ episode at all.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 04 Jul 2017, 11:39 am

vaderito wrote:LOL, poked my head into Sands of Jakku YT comments board. LOL and Yikes. But this is good:

Not trying to sound rude or anything.....but what exactly was the point of this? I see no logical reason why this needs to be considered canon.

LOL, some fans just don't get it why Rey having compassion for a monster needs to be canon. In fact, some fans don't get the point of SoJ episode at all.
@vaderito

lol!
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Tue 04 Jul 2017, 11:53 am

vaderito wrote:LOL, poked my head into Sands of Jakku YT comments board. LOL and Yikes. But this is good:

@vaderito

Lucasfilm:

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 Jon6+-+Copy+%25283%2529
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Jul 2017, 11:55 am

Armadeus wrote:

Lucasfilm:

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 2 Jon6+-+Copy+%25283%2529
@Armadeus

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 04 Jul 2017, 12:42 pm

New one is up on Daily Motion. And besides the willfully obtuse complaints (when they've all but issued a PR release saying part of the point is showing that the franchise is for everybody) best would be the ones claiming how it proves that Rey is "like her father" trying to rescue a droid kidnapped by a hungry monster

Spoiler:
(x)

Star Wars Forces Of Destiny - Episode 2 - BB-8... by direct-matin

Spoiler:
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 04 Jul 2017, 2:40 pm

The plot thickens!