Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+70
ThereThere
Jozie
RKR Connection
grimbergen
Darth_marshmallow
LadyHa
TheLastJedi
SheLitAFire
unicorn
Helix
Gemini
AcrosstheStars
californiagirl
whisperingwillow
reylodownlo
AceofWands
BenRey
Nyx
Moonjump05
Marlow
Ynqve
Darth Rowan
liveinsummee
special_cases
vinventure12
Atenais
rawpowah
ISeeAnIsland
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
Moonlight13
Gemlake
Maria26
nite0wl29
Piper Maru
panki
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
MoonFyre
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
Lovely_Rose
DarthRen
kroi
MeadowofAshes
Kylo Men
CienaRee
MyOnlyHope
RosiePancake
lauvamp
IoJovi
reylo1992
teltaru
Birdwoman
Kessel
LesCousinsDangereux
nemapasara
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
bashfulblueeyes3
Irina de France
FrolickingFizzgig
SoloSideCousin
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
Night Huntress
Kylo Rey
74 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Ynqve Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:04 pm

snufkin wrote:@AcrosstheStars Oh the Rey ones so far have been very sweet. Like they show how she doesn't let the bigger/more powerful characters on Jakku push her around, but that she also has a code of being kind/compassionate which wins over allies like the Sand Worm Monster and the Happabore when she's up against bullies like Unkar and Teedo. And the way she's drawn, with the big hazel eyes and freckles? Master of the Knights of Ren in that format isn't going to stand a chance against that cuteness.
@snufkin

Let's just hope that they do a better job with Kylo's design than they did with Anakin's. Other than that, I'm looking forward to their FoD episodes. I think they're going to be really fun!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:06 pm

Ok, so looks like LF is confusing the heck out of everyone with fake leaks that don't match reactions. If ViewerAnon doesn't drop spoilers tomorrow, than we'll get the accurate report from Nonesuch on 12th.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:07 pm

@Nonesuch Please post in the Who's Your Daddy thread on the 12th! I'm dyyyyyying here.

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:08 pm

I get the very distinct feeling that what's going to be in a certain overhyped post is all the """leaks""" we've been discussing here for hours. Uggggh I want the real deal!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:08 pm

vaderito wrote:Ok, so looks like LF is confusing the heck out of everyone with fake leaks that don't match reactions. If ViewerAnon doesn't drop spoilers tomorrow, than we'll get the accurate report from Nonesuch on 12th.
@vaderito

I will post my review after the movie and will answer questions. I'm not sure that I'll go into full details with spoilers, but I'll see how I feel after the movie.
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:08 pm

DarthRen wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Ynqve wrote:Poor Terri. But at least her reactions show that EVIL OVERLORD DARTH VADER 2.0 KYLO is FAF.
@Ynqve

Depends on the way people see it. Kylo could lead FO and still be sympathetic still a chance for a romance or other way around evil fool. Which is what Terri is adressing, people have to judge it on their own, not based on others people and their interpretation.
@DarthRen

But she also confirms that the lines between good and bad are blurred. That doesn't say Kylo is Darth Vader 2.0 to me (which is what some FAF leakers have claimed). I'm sure antis will be antis and jump at anything that can prove to them that Kylo is evil incarnate but we all have to remember that they aren't going to represent the majority of the audience or fandom. And from what the cast and crew have said about Kylo's arc he's probably going to move towards antihero territory.
@Ynqve

Maybe not entirely Vader figure but Kylo leading FO is possible. Just don't want to believe that he kills Luke, that would put redemption into very difficult territory. Besides he already killed Han.
@DarthRen

I completely agree. His redemption would be a tough sell if he's killed 2/3 of the main OT heroes.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:10 pm

@Ynqve Dude's about to be served up for the female gaze in 3-D partially undressed, likely for Rey's eyes only. That plus the Barbie doll and cartoon, what message is Disney sending to little girls???
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:31 pm

snufkin wrote:@Ynqve Dude's about to be served up for the female gaze in 3-D partially undressed, likely for Rey's eyes only. That plus the Barbie doll and cartoon, what message is Disney sending to little girls???
@snufkin

Isn't it obvious? STAY AWAY FROM YOUR EVIL COUSIN/BROTHER.

Seriously though, the beefcake tweet made me most curious haha
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:40 pm

Good grief, all the lurkers make for the forum software freezing up and double posting. Are ya'll here because you're curious or because you think you'll drink our tears?

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:42 pm

@Ynqve I think we were sort of joking about that here because it's a thing in SW movies and if there are any direct parallels to the Sergei character in Letter Never Sent. Who gives an eyeful to the girl he's carrying a torch for as part of showing his rough and more animalistic nature. It's just that comment and realizing it'll be in 3-D made me laugh b/c I remember joking with a friend about how the Magic Mike movies should be in 3-D and IMAX. Guess that SNL joke is about to become real - Rey's going to see his 8-pack and how shredded he is.

Hahahaha, yes some corners of the fandom seem to react to all of this as a cautionary tale for young ladies about staying away from improper young men. I did initially think after seeing TFA, having the "what the Hell was that? I know I saw something?" reaction that they'd do something stereotypical like that - he'd tempt her but ultimately it's nice guy Finn she ends up with. One of the things which is kind of amazing about Leia is that even before they decided to merge the twin sister character with her, they had her straight up reject Luke, "the nice guy" hero in favor of Han. Which made for a far more interesting and iconic story for those two characters. Also let us never forget that Carrie Fisher, who was Rian Johnson's script and dialogue editor and who had input on TFA's screenplay, told Rolling Stone when ESB came out that if the heroine should be hooking up with anybody, it should be the villain.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:57 pm

@snufkin

One would think that after all this time people would get that in Star Wars it's kind of rare for the nice guy to be the heroine's love interest. It's just not as epic as dashing rogues and broody warrior monks.

Also, now you've made me want a new Matt the Radar Tech skit where he gloats over Kylo's beefcake scene haha

Last edited by Ynqve on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Dec 2017, 2:58 pm

Is anyone with Tumblr PMing these 2 for more details? I wonder if their source is Projected Luke or someone else:

1) Rey’s parentage.
2) What’s the deal with Reylo?
3) Kylo Ren’s character arc

The answers are left vague below.
******MAJOR SPOILERS UNDER THE CUT**********
THIS IS SECOND HAND INFO BUT IT IS RELIABLE – I SAW PROOF IT WAS RELIABLE.
1) Rey is Random.
2) Yes, there are signs that point to Reylo, but it’s very, very angsty and complicated.
3) Kylo is not redeemed in this movie but his fate is left ambiguous. The ending is open-ended a la ESB.

https://jediwhinetrick.tumblr.com/post/168402797712/the-big-three-questionsspoilers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimbus002 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 3:05 pm

Hi, all
I’m new here and have been lurking for awhile. Just wanted to say that imo, the leaks have all been fake. People on tumblr get their sources from anons and reddit. I think it’s best to look at the verified tweeters and see that they think reylo fans will be very happy. We even have a new member in Terri. That’s the only concrete thing we have and that’s a pretty solid thing to have.
Nimbus002
Nimbus002
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 10 Dec 2017, 3:05 pm

OK, I'm getting really really tired of all this- I'm almost glad I have to work tomorrow and can't hang out here... I should stay away because all the fake leaks driving me nuts.

Don't jump to conclusions every time someone claims to have seen it or knows someone how knows a guy whose cousins brothers former roommate saw the movie. Rolling Eyes
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 10 Dec 2017, 3:05 pm

vaderito wrote:Is anyone with Tumblr PMing these 2 for more details? I wonder if their source is Projected Luke or someone else:

1) Rey’s parentage.

1) Rey is Random.
2) Yes, there are signs that point to Reylo, but it’s very, very angsty and complicated.
3) Kylo is not redeemed in this movie but his fate is left ambiguous. The ending is open-ended a la ESB.

https://jediwhinetrick.tumblr.com/post/168402797712/the-big-three-questionsspoilers
@vaderito

I don't think that some of it fits well with the overall Twitter reactions.
Especially Terri Schwartz, Joanna Robinosn and to some extent Jenny Nichols as well. Not to mention awful "Fish Man".

Just my gut feeling nothing more.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 10 Dec 2017, 3:07 pm

@Ynqve I'm just sorry Leslie Jones' character will only live in that skit instead of being on screen because she got off the single best (and f**king brilliant on multiple levels) joke. Who knows? Maybe it'll be like Survivor Ache-to with him and Rey where she tells the camera how annoying he is because he never shuts up about how great he is and meanwhile the only reason they have water or a shelter is that she's been busting her a** putting it together.

Naw he has to have the shirt off because they've said there will be a comparison with the physical scars with the more deep-seated emotional scars. And it won't be surprising if it happens with Rey because she needs to see the extent of what she did to him. Plus mask off last time was dropping the persona around her because she starts to see the man underneath. We get that and the dangerous dreamboat and beefcake cracks, somebody's getting a show in that movie.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 3:08 pm

vaderito wrote:Is anyone with Tumblr PMing these 2 for more details? I wonder if their source is Projected Luke or someone else:

1) Rey’s parentage.

1) Rey is Random.

@vaderito

But didn't everyone say how amazed they were at Kylo's arc?? More BS if you ask me
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Dec 2017, 3:08 pm

Another FAF (maybe we should move them to Crack):

Luke does not die.

After the disaster at the second temple, Luke is forced to let Kylo escape in order to get Rey back to the Falcon. Together the two of them pursue Kylo to Crait because they believe he has gone so Dark he is going to kill Leia.

As they fly over Crait, Rey sees some troops in need of help and takes the escape pod down. She reunites with Finn (who is REALLY excited to see her) and gets a blaster. She doesn't have her saber because Kylo took it earlier, but she helps the ground troops a great deal.

Chewie does some crazy stuff in the Falcon to get Luke to where Leia is. I always said I wouldn't reveal Leia scenes so I can only give you before and after:

Luke and Kylo get near to where Leia is at the same time. At this point Luke is forced to believe that the artifact turned Kylo fully Dark and he is really here to kill her, so he can't hold back like before. He ignites his green saber and is prepared to kill Kylo if he has to. They duel. Kylo can hold his own now, strengthened by the relics he has obtained - but Luke is still stronger. The fight has no victor as in the end, Leia intervenes and both put away their sabers. Kylo is allowed to see Leia, and then Luke lets him leave and stays with her.

The main cast all flee Crait on the Falcon. It is somber at first, but the meeting of so many friends after such a long time is a happy moment. The falcon lands on Tatooine and everyone is conversing in the Falcon happily. Luke leaves and goes outside. Rey notices and looks to Leia. The last shot we get of Leia is a smile and nod as if to say "It's okay. Go on." Rey beams a smile and follows after Luke.

She finds him standing on the dunes. He says she still needs training. Rey says she can't think of a better teacher.

The two look out on the twin suns of Tatooine as Binary Sunset plays.

Credits.

LOL, this one forgets about Supremacy entirely.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by benorganasolo Sun 10 Dec 2017, 3:09 pm

1) Rey’s parentage.

1) Rey is Random.

@vaderito

I PM'd them a while ago but they have yet to answer me.
benorganasolo
benorganasolo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum