Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+61
Helix
Birdwoman
DeeBee
rsalex
Marlow
unicorn
ReyloSpanishFan
soulluos
Blackcanary
Macha Ren
Darth Dingbat
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
panki
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Yuugi
Gemlake
CienaRee
Darth_marshmallow
motherofpearl1
Meomeo
Kylo Men
MeadowofAshes
snowqueen6
Kessel
AnneNeville
PalmettoBlue
bashfulblueeyes3
vinventure12
californiagirl
Acritiqua
Piper Maru
AcrosstheStars
nite0wl29
whisperingwillow
Moonjump05
Kylo Rey
BenRey
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
reylodownlo
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
grimbergen
kassadin
Darth Rowan
RosiePancake
Nimbus002
DarthRen
rawpowah
Darth_Awakened
benorganasolo
Maria26
special_cases
Ynqve
Saracene
teltaru
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
65 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by TheLastJedi Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:32 am

RosiePancake wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Like @FrolickingFizzgig said in another thread, they could totally be pulling a Zuko with Kylo. He gets the position he wants, only to be more miserable and conflicted in it than ever.
@ZioRen
Rian really is trusting his audience to understand ambiguity. Big mistake, man.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Fanboy on [REDACT] doesn't believe Kylo will become new emperor (he saw TLJ), so i think this will depend on people's point of view.
[REDACT]

Of course antis Kylo and antis Reylo will never accept the possibility of Kylo's redemption arc. Kylo will stay evil forever in anti's dream.
@RosiePancake

I just read that Kylo lies about her parentage because #evil, no word on why in whole movie her "father" doesn't tell her the truth lol! lol!
TheLastJedi
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:39 am

Ynqve wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Meomeo wrote:I honestly don't see how anti can deny Reylo at this point. This is soap opera in space right? The heroine falls in love with the much-conflicted villain, which tragic love story can be better than this?

I don't see a Reylo child as they pretty much want to end Skywalker saga... it might end with a tragedy like Rey starting a Jedi school for years. Then she went off alone to confront Kylo. Then after so many battles, they die together. The young Jedi carry on the legacy.

Reylo will never have a happy ending after this anyway. I just hope they do not pair Rey with Poe just for the sake of getting the main character having a love interest who is not evil.

I would love to read a fanfic in which Kylo threw away everything and went to a remote planet with Rey after episode 9... yeap that could work.
@Meomeo

I disagree with this. Ben back in the light, evenin exile is still a happy ending to me after all the sh*t he's done. In fact him living with the consequences is far more poignant and poetic BUT in the back of my mind is that statement of ending Skywalkers. But again Ben can live and this can be the end of Skywalker, it's nt mutually exclusive.
@DarthRen

And if you want to get technical it is quite possible that Reylo has a happy ending but their kids are unlikely to carry the name Skywalker. So what LF has said about ending the Skywalker story could be true - from a certain point of view.
@Ynqve

Are you channelling your inner Obi-Wan? Very Happy That what he said to Luke in ROTJ about Vader, it was true from a certain point of view.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:41 am

denialville 1 obviously burned dorwn. Time für them to build denilaville 2. Mad
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:43 am

TheLastJedi wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Like @FrolickingFizzgig said in another thread, they could totally be pulling a Zuko with Kylo. He gets the position he wants, only to be more miserable and conflicted in it than ever.
@ZioRen
Rian really is trusting his audience to understand ambiguity. Big mistake, man.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Fanboy on [REDACT] doesn't believe Kylo will become new emperor (he saw TLJ), so i think this will depend on people's point of view.
[REDACT]

Of course antis Kylo and antis Reylo will never accept the possibility of Kylo's redemption arc. Kylo will stay evil forever in anti's dream.
@RosiePancake

I just read that Kylo lies about her parentage because #evil, no word on why in whole movie her "father" doesn't tell her the truth lol! lol!
@TheLastJedi

In Episode IX the ultimate reveal will be Luke telling Rey I am your father! Rey's reaction: s*** dad, you should've told me that earlier, before I fell in love with my cousin and you got killed. Anyway, thanks for the info.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:44 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Ynqve wrote:I'm not at all worried about Rey closing the door on him.

Elizabeth Bennet turned down Mr Darcy's first proposal and gave him an epic reason you suck speech. If the story paused there and people had to wait for two years before it continued, I'm sure that there would have been a lot of anti's going "lol she turned him down, she hates him, she's totally going to marry that cutie Wickham".

Turns out Wickham is an a** and Lizzy and Darcy have an epic romance.
@Ynqve

One thing that does annoy me about this....we were supposed to get edgy Rey. Instead Rey nobly decides to stay with the Resistance. Not very edgy, actually rather predictable. And her leaving Kylo behind on the Falcon is practically the same ending as TFA.
@motherofpearl1

Hmm. I think we'll have to see the movie to judge how similar the endings are. While it does look like a repeat (they argue, Force stops them from killing each other, she escapes on the Falcon) the context is very different. And I don't think that Rey becoming Kylo's empress at this stage would have been believable so while it's a bit predictable it's also the only way to stay true to her character.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:44 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:

Elizabeth Bennet turned down Mr Darcy's first proposal and gave him an epic reason you suck speech. If the story paused there and people had to wait for two years before it continued, I'm sure that there would have been a lot of anti's going "lol she turned him down, she hates him, she's totally going to marry that cutie Wickham".

@Ynqve

One thing that does annoy me about this....we were supposed to get edgy Rey. Instead Rey nobly decides to stay with the Resistance. Not very edgy, actually rather predictable. And her leaving Kylo behind on the Falcon is practically the same ending as TFA.
@motherofpearl1

That's why a journalist said something among the lines of "Kylo is narratively right" and implies that he gets "punished".
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:45 am

I see some Reylos freaking out outside of here over these spoilers. And it's like guys, do you really think they spent TLJ building up this amazing connection between Kylo and Rey, which grows in spite of everything Kylo has done and in spite of them not even being physically with each other, only to have it contained within one movie and one movie alone? Oh it happened and now--poof--it's gone for good and doesn't matter anymore because Kylo did the bad thing (like that's anything new). 

It's going to have enormous play in IX, that much is clear. I think some are losing sight that this is only part 2 of 3.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:48 am

@DarthRen

Sure am. That Obi quote is the best! haha
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:55 am

ZioRen wrote:I see some Reylos freaking out outside of here over these spoilers. And it's like guys, do you really think they spent TLJ building up this amazing connection between Kylo and Rey, which grows in spite of everything Kylo has done and in spite of them not even being physically with each other, only to have it contained within one movie and one movie alone? Oh it happened and now--poof--it's gone for good and doesn't matter anymore because Kylo did the bad thing (like that's anything new). 

It's going to have enormous play in IX, that much is clear. I think some are losing sight that this is only part 2 of 3.
@ZioRen

Carrie not playing part in the next episode and Rey giving up on him probably gives them impression it's all lost. Nobody knew what would happen to Carrie, so Leia would play a major part to brig Ben back. It will be interesting how his redemption will be handled and what will JJ do.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:55 am

ZioRen wrote:I see some Reylos freaking out outside of here over these spoilers. And it's like guys, do you really think they spent TLJ building up this amazing connection between Kylo and Rey, which grows in spite of everything Kylo has done and in spite of them not even being physically with each other, only to have it contained within one movie and one movie alone? Oh it happened and now--poof--it's gone for good and doesn't matter anymore because Kylo did the bad thing (like that's anything new). 

@ZioRen

Right? It's so obvious. We're getting Episode IX: A Reylo story.

They should calm down and celebrate. Unless JJ has a major change of heart this ship is unsinkable. The only question left is if we're getting a happy ending or not.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:58 am

@ZioRen

It must have to do with high expectations. A lot of hardcore Reylos expected full-frontal romance, a passionate kiss, you name it. Which is ok, but I think the movie will calm their nerves and make them realise how much better it is this way for the emotional payoff.

I wasn't even convinced of Reylo happening up until now and I'm floored by what I'm reading. I never thought they would push it this far in the second movie, Kylo quasi-confessing his feelings, Rey blushing over Kylo's ripped body, I mean, what??! Lmao. Borderline surreal to be reading all this. If the descriptions are any reliable, shippers will have a lot to be ecstatic about!

Last edited by teltaru on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:05 am

teltaru wrote:

@ZioRen

It must have to do with hight expectations. A lot of hardcore Reylos expected full-frontal romance, a passionate kiss, you name it. Which is ok, but I think the movie will calm their nerves and make them realise how much better it is this way for the emotional payoff.

I wasn't even convinced of Reylo happening up until now and I'm floored by what I'm reading. I never thought they would push it this far in the second movie, Kylo quasi-confessing his feelings, Rey blushing over Kylo's ripped body, I mean, what??! Lmao. Borderline surreal to be reading all this. If the descriptions are any reliable, shippers will have a lot to be ecstatic about!
@teltaru
Bolded is the thing in particular that I never would have predicted that has me like

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 WW7o0

I  just can't believe this is the movie they were making all along. Like ???????!!?!?! Laughing
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:26 am

@ZioRen

People in this fandom freak out over anything, it's like they are addicted to problems and pointless conflict.

This movie is going to be awesome and the perfect Act II for the story of Rey and Kylo.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:47 am

Well, I can understand that people are so desperate and disappointed. We have to wait two more damn years to see the resolution.
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:53 am

I don't see any reason to be desperate. It's the second act, the story appears to be beautiful, the relationship between Kylo and Rey extremely intense and feel-sy... Well, to each their own.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:55 am

One argument I’ve read again and again elsewhere (prior to the leaks) is that Disney would never ever ever make a film that might offend some people. People would retort: Live Action Beauty & the Beast. And then the response to that is “Well, Beast doesn’t kill Maurice or murder the villagers!” But the point remains that you could easily make the argument BatB is Stockholm Syndrome on steroids complete with the woman inspires the man to be good trope, and Disney made it anyway. Twice. And laughed all the way to the bank as they counted their wads of cash. Disney certainly has a family image to project, but they are not all sunshine and roses and not above “stereotypical” “sexist” plots either. I don’t even see a woman inspiring a man to be better as sexist, but I digress. Some people do and were convinced Disney would never touch that in Star Wars again. Yet I think that’s exactly where we’re going, whether he lives or dies.

Someone asked about the Forces of Destiny shorts— They are canon and I believe all of them were set within a movie or TV show. So it would be like a deleted scene from TLJ. I assume it will be a force connection story then, and on the island based on that art on the box of him on a cliff. That doll set was really the most spoilery merch we got! They had an LE double boxed doll set for them for D23 Expo in July too (more like deluxe figurines), but that could more easily be written off because they did three sets of hero-villains (Vader-Leia; Jyn-Krennic? I think?; Reylo).

Incidentally, I asked “Santa” for the Reylo set for Christmas when Disney Store had a big sale, hoping like heck they wouldn’t be related and that set wouldn’t mock me, forever reminding me of my dashed hopes. Well, Merry Christmas to meeee! Embarassed  lol!
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:59 am

To anyone who's sad or disappointed because we don't get a kiss/in your face confirmation and the shipping wars will continue for two years I get why you may feel that way but remember:

We will have two years filled with force bond gifs, amazing Renperor fanfics and fanart.
We will have two years of laughing at crazy anti theories desperately trying to debunk Reylo.
We will have two years of Adam, Daisy and JJ discussing Reylo in every interview.

We're going to have a great time!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:02 am

Little the Reylo fanfiction writers knew when they started writing their fics - that the orignal Reylo fanfic had been already written by that time by Rian Johnson himself!

I'am still in the clouds above the ground - and floating around with the big grin on my face!

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:05 am

I am totally here for that sweet Reylo slow burn.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:07 am

I have to admit that the anguished romance I love. I never thought we were going to talk about the supreme leader Kylo, ​​impressive. I think it's really shocking to see Kylo being competent. It's going to be very interesting the next episode, what decisions Kylo will take in the power.
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:07 am

@Ynqve

I'am not worried at all. If that was for good - I wouldn't expected to see experienced critics talking about Mr. Rochester in Space, after the movie.
Which they do.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:08 am

I love how this movie is going to make all of us take Kylo seriously.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next