Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+74
PalmettoBlue
Teo oswald
cherrylipstick
EchoBase
MrsWindu
TheBastardofMandalore
Reylo Lemon
Gemini
reylo1992
BenSoloLives
MoonFyre
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
Armadeus
cnunn
cirelle
RKR Connection
Darth Rowan
soulluos
Helix
Kylo Men
grimbergen
Mana
snowqueen6
nonesuch
MeadowofAshes
GiGiMarie
TheLastJedi
MindAndMagic
Moonjump05
reylodownlo
LadyHa
Kessel
AceofWands
ReyofLightSide
nite0wl29
ThereThere
ZephyrStrife
Nimbus002
Nyx
Darth_Awakened
rawpowah
ZioRen
benorganasolo
SheLitAFire
AnneNeville
BenRey
asterism
whisperingwillow
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
panki
keelyshea24
Krafty
AcrosstheStars
Chris24601
teltaru
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Blackcanary
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Meomeo
Piper Maru
DarthRen
Ynqve
SkyStar
78 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:51 am

MindAndMagic wrote:Watched it early this morning. I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I personally lOVED it. It’s very unconventional, atypical SW with an unusual vision that may be an acquired taste, but it works for me. I see TLJ as the imperfect, distorted version of what IX will be. The Rey and Kylo plot is everything. I didn’t expect I would be so on board with such a take, but I was. At its heart it’s a story about grief, loss, leaving the shadows of the past behind to find your place, the pain of finding this one special connection that comes with so much promise yet can’t be fully realised yet. It’s romantic and tragic at the same time. The moment when their fingers touched and the Force theme started felt so intimate and defining for both of them, the looks on their faces, the hope, the longing, the desperate desire to belong evident in their eyes. It was beautiful. The bare skin contact symbolized their eternal unity.

Kylo’s taunts mean nothing, it’s all in his eyes, his shaking hands, his trembling voice, his desperate whisper “please” to Rey, the way he eagerly removes his glove to touch her. This is where he gives himself away. It’s his own insecurity speaking, even though he is right about Rey needing to let go of the past. Deep down I think he wishes he were a nobody too. He feels her inner strength and wishes he had it in him. He needs her to keep going and without her he will fall apart, it was evident from his reaction to her rejection. He doesn’t feel like he belongs anywhere, wants to be with Rey and she wants to be with him too, but not like this. Not with him still so terribly misguided. Good thing there’s a whole other movie to deal with that.

It’s very much a movie of near misses and unrealised longing, crushed hopes and dreams, but that is to expected for the middle chapter and it sets up the inevitable resolution in IX. They tease us with Kylo’s permanent turn with the epic Force theme starting when Rey realises he is fighting on her side now, but it’s still too early for a happy ending (still AMAZING combo fight, perfect synchrony). You could really feel Rey’s pain at the end, she was so hopeful and so certain he would come back with her. The way she calls him Ben so quietly and tenderly throughout, especially near the end when her voice cracks, is just heartbreaking. She wants so bad to find belonging with him, but at the same time is deeply hurt and disappointed by his chosen path. It’s just a matter of time before he falls at her feet though. He will have to prove himself worthy of her.

THE END SCENE, OMG, THE END SCENE! IMO the perfect way to end chapter 2 where everything SEEMINGLY goes to hell. Kylo is at his absolute worst right now and I’m loving it! This last shot of him kneeling down on the ground, having lost everything he could have had (i.e. Rey’s love and support), exchanging one last sad look with her, gripping the dices from the Falcon tightly (oh, he hasn’t forsaken his family and never will, Ben Solo will always be there). Rey may have let go of her past, finally, but Ben hasn’t. Not by a long shot. He has yet to defeat his inner demons and learn to forgive. Ben will definitely reconcile with Luke in some form, I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him. I can even imagine Luke’s Force ghost taunting him: “You’ve lost her, haven’t you. You really screwed up this time, kid.” “Shut up, uncle” xD Rey hasn’t truly given up on Ben either, this was obvious in their parting scene, not after everything that happened b/w them. She’ll never have that connection with anyone else. They’re both miserable this way. Also, as the protagonist, Rey has to be right about Ben. She calls him that way because that’s who he is. Redemption is a done deal, we just have to be patient. The middle chapter is meant to make viewers question if Ben’s truly gone for good, it has to feel as if all hope is lost. But of course, in the tradition of SW, it isn’t. Ben will be where he belongs by the end of IX. In Rey’s arms, probably crying. Have faith. Redemption and love will triumph.
@MindAndMagic

BEEEEAAAAUTIFULLY PUT. cheers
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:55 am

I think he thought shewas dead, he had seen her ship blown up after all. I also suspect he didn't know Rey was on the Falcon at the end. Just Chewie. Who shot him.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:57 am

Birdwoman wrote:Welcome back @Sforza!!!!
@Birdwoman

Thank you! Love
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:01 pm

Ok, can anyone tell me WTF Adam went to Ireland? is there a scene with him on Ahch-to even as a Force Bond projection? I don't quite get it.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:01 pm

vaderito wrote:Ok, can anyone tell me WTF Adam went to Ireland? is there a scene with him on Ahch-to even as a Force Bond projection? I don't quite get it.
@vaderito

The hand touch scene?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:01 pm

vaderito wrote:Ok, can anyone tell me WTF Adam went to Ireland? is there a scene with him on Ahch-to even as a Force Bond projection? I don't quite get it.
@vaderito

jep. you'll love it!
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:02 pm

@vaderito

Yes, it looks like he is there for the hut blowup and it's like he is in the same room as Rey.
They may have filmed things that didn't make it into the cut.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:03 pm

@vaderito
Probably to be a scene partner for Daisy. You don't get that kind of chemistry without them being together. I mean damn.

MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm

Who thinks there will be Poe - Rey - Ben love triangle?Shocked I saw something in TLJ and I didn't like it. There will be tensions between Ben and Poe for sure. Or Poe is everyone looking with "that" look. Confus Hein
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:05 pm

That’s beautiful! Feel hopeful now. Am seeing it in an hour and a half! Can’t wait! I think actually being at his lowest point bodes well for redemption arc. Someone on tumblr posted something few weeks back about the classic redemption arc and how after committing the initial crime ( killing Han) , the “ hero” then Falls further downward into a spiral of more crimes and loses everything ( maybe rey at this point pairs up with Poe who seems to be our Wickham and have what Kylo should have - he’s placed as antagonist to kylo as a suitor ). It is only at this point that he can go up and redeem himself but has to change and evolve to do it . I think this is what we will get as there’s too much foreshadowing. I would be concerned for kylo’s fate in episode 9 if he got redeemed as early as last Jedi .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:07 pm

@vaderito

To build his 8 pack in the gym lol!

Maybe Rian wanted them to be both on the same set while filming the FB talk (and other activities lol).

The hut scene as we all know by now was filmed in Pinewood before Ireland.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:07 pm

@Sforza There won't be one at all. Biggest crack to come out of this. Oscar Isaac has chemistry with everyone. Finn, Rey, BB-8, Leia.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:07 pm

Sforza wrote:Who thinks there will be Poe - Rey - Ben love triangle?Shocked I saw something in TLJ and I didn't like it. There will be tensions between Ben and Poe for sure. Or Poe is everyone looking with "that" look. Confus Hein
@Sforza

No. They haven't spent two movies setting up Reylo for her to be with Poe.

This is the full spoiler thread- you can provide details on what you saw.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:11 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:
Sforza wrote:Who thinks there will be Poe - Rey - Ben love triangle?Shocked I saw something in TLJ and I didn't like it. There will be tensions between Ben and Poe for sure. Or Poe is everyone looking with "that" look. Confus Hein
@Sforza

No. They haven't spent two movies setting up Reylo for her to be with Poe.

This is the full spoiler thread- you can provide details on what you saw.
@ReyofLightSide

You know what I saw, that "I'm Poe Dameron and you're OMFG Rey" scene and him watching her Love Love while she is lifting stones. I really didn't like that.

Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:12 pm

@ReyofLightSide But shirtless Kylo is everything!
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:14 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
@vaderito
Probably to be a scene partner for Daisy. You don't get that kind of chemistry without them being together. I mean damn.

@MyOnlyHope

That makes sense. They filmed it there for her portion and in the studio for his portion. Clever. If anything, we should learn not to trust set reports, who's seen with whom, etc.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:14 pm

Sforza wrote:@ReyofLightSide But shirtless Kylo is everything!
@Sforza

It is, and we predicted it! So much of what we predicted and hoped for came true. It was a Reylo fanfic!
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:14 pm

And, who else thinks Snoke will be back? I read somewhere he is bodychanger, something like a vampire and he has some secret tumb where is his original body. Seems legit coz that went too easy for Kylo. Waaaaaay tooo easy.
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:15 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Sforza

It is, and we predicted it! So much of what we predicted and hoped for came true. It was a Reylo fanfic!
@ReyofLightSide

That made me think Disney crew is lurking some reylo threads. Wink
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:17 pm

I think they were lurking, for real.

Rian Johnson- if you ever lurked on this board send a sign through Twitter, like commenting that something was lit and having the little flame emoji bounce
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:22 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:Regarding the rumored ship crash on the island- someone raised a good point on reddit that they may have been filming things for Ep 9.
Someone retrieving Luke's things?
Also- I wonder if Luke got a Jedi funeral? Crying or Very sad
@ReyofLightSide

Right before the end scene for Luke, he was looking at the sky, and to me, in the distance, it appeared like a ship was coming...
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:23 pm

Sforza wrote:And, who else thinks Snoke will be back? I read somewhere he is bodychanger, something like a vampire and he has some secret tumb where is his original body. Seems legit coz that went too easy for Kylo. Waaaaaay tooo easy.
@Sforza

My hubbie was not happy about how fast that scene went. He wanted to know more about his origins and point.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:24 pm

@Sforza

Yea, I wanted the whole theatre to just disappear during that scene. Embarassed
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:30 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I think he thought shewas dead, he had seen her ship blown up after all. I also suspect he didn't know Rey was on the Falcon at the end. Just Chewie. Who shot him.
@motherofpearl1

I'm in two minds about it, since of their connection, so he might have been aware if she died or if on the ship. Also, what was Snoke going on about bridging their connection together, because I think he was lying about that, plus they still had the connection after Snoke's possible end scene? Hmmm
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next