Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

+99
colibri
Jozie
Miyu
BenRey
Man Without A Star
Kylo Men
reylodownlo
teltaru
Aphelionna
rey09
Sforza
Jakku
KnightsofReylo_2015
ISeeAnIsland
BigDeal2187
PalmettoBlue
lauvamp
grimbergen
guardienne
SheLitAFire
Lucina
Irina de France
Acritiqua
Darth Dementor
snufkin
LesCousinsDangereux
LadyHa
Reynak
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
fuhry
DarthRen
Mana
Xylo Ren
Kessel
jakkusun
Tex
tukicarreno
thescavenger
Krafty
Anakin Skywalker
Little_Boots
Moonlight13
shii405
MyOnlyHope
madeinmn
Maria26
SanghaRen
AnneNeville
Forsythia
ReyofLightSide
Birdwoman
MeadowofAshes
CienaRee
nite0wl29
Wizzia
nonesuch
Atenais
Gemini
Saracene
Gemlake
Piper Maru
Airemyn
MrsWindu
Teo oswald
Armadeus
Rimfaxe96
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
panki
Reylo Lemon
DeeBee
Night Huntress
unicorn
Moonjump05
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
Blood Moon
Meomeo
FrolickingFizzgig
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
motherofpearl1
Cowgirlsamurai
Yuugi
Ynqve
vaderito
special_cases
RosiePancake
Darth_marshmallow
Helix
reylo1992
Darth Dingbat
liveinsummee
Darth Rowan
103 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by reylo1992 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:42 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:@reylo1992
@Darth Dingbat
Spoiler:
@RosiePancake

I haven't seen the movie yet (Tomorow...tomorrow) but since TFA did nothing for me to care about other aspects of SW outside of Reylo, I won't take it against Rian that he couldn't do better with characters who were beyond salvaging already. TFA dropped the ball on everyone but these 2 cause it tried to play too close to OT and thus giving us bland knock-offs (Poor Man's Rebellion, Poor Man's Han, Poor Man's Empire, etc). Rian smartly focused on the only aspect of TFA that was bold and different and ran away with it while the rest chugged along cause it couldn't have done anything else given TFA cluster.
@vaderito

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

[spoiler="Spoiler"]No,you're not! I've always said that I would be okay with any scenario if well done. I had had that kind of ending scenario in mind for a long while even if it didn't turn exactly how I expected. But my problem is not the scenario but the way Rian handled it. In French we say: the most important are not the cards but how you use them. Really the more I think about it, the more I get the feeling that there was som lazy writing here because there are obviously things that Rian didn't wanted to explain (i.e. the Force, Snoke's background, Ben's background,...) and that are cruelly missing in the movie.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by Yuugi Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:43 am

I also watched it today and when I left the theater I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Now that it's been a couple of hours and I've processed what I watched, I think it works well if you see it as a second chapter, it's really important to keep that in mind when you go watch it. I'm going again on Friday and I'll have a proper opinion then.

Here's my first impressions:
Spoiler:
Yuugi
Yuugi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:48 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:@reylo1992
@Darth Dingbat
Spoiler:
@RosiePancake

I haven't seen the movie yet (Tomorow...tomorrow) but since TFA did nothing for me to care about other aspects of SW outside of Reylo, I won't take it against Rian that he couldn't do better with characters who were beyond salvaging already. TFA dropped the ball on everyone but these 2 cause it tried to play too close to OT and thus giving us bland knock-offs (Poor Man's Rebellion, Poor Man's Han, Poor Man's Empire, etc). Rian smartly focused on the only aspect of TFA that was bold and different and ran away with it while the rest chugged along cause it couldn't have done anything else given TFA cluster.
@vaderito

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

I respect your opinions but I have to disagree on several points.

Spoiler:

But these are just my opinions, based on a single viewing.

Last edited by Ynqve on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:48 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:  

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

You were bound to hate it cause you hate Renperor. You didn't even like Renperor jokes.  Very Happy That said, I haven't seen the movie so maybe I'll have the same reaction. Renperor wasn't my preferred scenario but I admit that there was no other way and it is more epic than Kylo somehow ending up with the Resistance (and Rey with Snoke).

As for Finn and Rose, correct me if I'm wrong but

Spoiler:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:52 am

vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:  

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

You were bound to hate it cause you hate Renperor. You didn't even like Renperor jokes.  Very Happy That said, I haven't seen the movie so maybe I'll have the same reaction. Renperor wasn't my preferred scenario but I admit that there was no other way and it is more epic than Kylo somehow ending up with the Resistance (and Rey with Snoke).

Spoiler:
@vaderito
About Finn and Rose:
Spoiler:
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:53 am

RosiePancake wrote:

Yup, Rian is a true madman. He just doesn't give a fuh about fanboys' outrage and straight up brings justice to Reylo fandom. You could tell by watching every Reylo scenes in TLJ, it's so well-made and addicting. While the other characters' scenes are just meh and lack of attraction. Outside Reylo, maybe only Luke truly has a shining moment with his last act. I don't love the other characters as much as i love Reylo, but i just try to be objective here lol. And I wish he invested more in the fantasy theme of SW like the ancient Jedi, the balance of the force, etc... (i do love Reylo's force bond and force projection aka virtual sexual activity, but it's just not enough for me, i want to know moar about the mystical aspect of SW, it's the core of this series Cry )
@RosiePancake

The apparent lack of mythological elements is the biggest bummer to me. I was really hoping for some first-rate new lore that shakes up the foundations of the Force but nope.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:54 am

@Ynqve Renpire and Reysistance Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sith's just got too epic for words.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:59 am

vaderito wrote:@Ynqve Renpire and Reysistance Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sith's just got too epic for words.
@vaderito

Yes! We all need to start using them!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:02 am

vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:  

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@vaderito

Spoiler:
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:10 am

vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:  

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@vaderito

Spoiler:
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:19 am

Ynqve wrote:
Spoiler:

I think I really liked it, but I need to see it again before giving it a score. I do have some initial pros and cons though:

Pros:
Spoiler:

Cons
Spoiler:
@Ynqve

Spoiler:
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:24 am

Two things here - I have often been disappointed in a much anticipated film, but on watching it a second time changed my mind. And also.....Rian actually made a three hour film. Perhaps a Director's cut would explain things.
Off to see it tomorrow, weather permitting.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:24 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
Spoiler:

I think I really liked it, but I need to see it again before giving it a score. I do have some initial pros and cons though:

Pros:
Spoiler:

Cons
Spoiler:
@Ynqve

Spoiler:
@Cowgirlsamurai

Spoiler:
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:26 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Two things here - I have often been disappointed in a much anticipated film, but on watching it a second time changed my mind. And also.....Rian actually made a three hour film. Perhaps a Director's cut would explain things.
@motherofpearl1

He said that there won't be a director's cut Sad
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:27 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Two things here - I have often been disappointed in a much anticipated film, but on watching it a second time changed my mind. And also.....Rian actually made a three hour film. Perhaps a Director's cut would explain things.
@motherofpearl1

This is definitely a film that needs to be seen two or three times. And given what he kept in the movie, I wonder what he cut out. It's possible that some plots suffered a lot because he cut out significant parts of them to focus on Luke and Reylo.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:31 am

Ynqve wrote:
@motherofpearl1

This is definitely a film that needs to be seen two or three times. And given what he kept in the movie, I wonder what he cut out. It's possible that some plots suffered a lot because he cut out significant parts of them to focus on Luke and Reylo.
@Ynqve

The same for me. That's why I need to see it once again. To temper my initial reaction and I am sure I will find it more satisfying.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:37 am

special_cases wrote:

@motherofpearl1

He said that there won't be a director's cut Sad
@special_cases

Sorry to hear that.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:40 am

reylo1992 wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@Ynqve

The same for me. That's why I need to see it once again. To temper my initial reaction and I am sure I will find it more satisfying.
@reylo1992

I hope it works! I'm already sold on the movie, but there's a lot to process. I'm not sure if I like the complete movie as much as I like the individual parts. Only thing I'm sure of is that it's the prettiest SW movie. My jaw dropped when
Spoiler:
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:42 am

One line from the movie:
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:46 am

reylo1992 wrote:
One line from the movie:
@reylo1992

Spoiler:
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 11:40 am

Do Rey and Kylo have a special theme and do Finn and Rose too?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 13 Dec 2017, 11:44 am

I have a question:

About Kylo and Luke:
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 13 Dec 2017, 11:52 am

ZioRen wrote:I have a question:

About Kylo and Luke:
@ZioRen

Spoiler:
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 13 Dec 2017, 11:59 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:

About Kylo and Luke:
@ZioRen

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 12:05 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

About Kylo and Luke:
@ZioRen

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@ZioRen

That's not what I saw at all.
Spoiler:
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next