Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

+56
Kessel
whisperingwillow
Moonlight13
stylememaria
ladyMxx
justyou
Reylo-AF
ReyloLoverT
Jan789
Geralt_Riv
DeeBee
LadyGaufrette
melismatic
MaddieDove
ISeeAnIsland
followmylead-kylodriver
roguepixie
Sad Man
AhsokaTano
mscarlak
YeeRees
nana7marie
Night Huntress
Froggy
Ramblingrose
Mila95
hpbarros
highleycreative
PrincessPorg
Darth Snoopy
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
RealAnise
Saralee
Asphodel
Dar-ren19
12 Parsnips
Caty Cifer
giaciak2
GreyRey
orangedelamer
Let The Past Die
snufkin
nickandnora
Good-olio Raeh
Darth_Awakened
Lamiller1390
SheLitAFire
Alhana77
Birdwoman
reylo1992
Chained Prometheus
Darth Rowan
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
Teo oswald
60 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:08 pm

Good-olio Raeh wrote:Hello, everyone! I am also a new member of this forum. I am so excited to talk Star Wars with a lovely group of like-minded people. Very Happy Don't abandon the ship! Very Happy
@Good-olio Raeh

Hello and welcome!! Waves
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 24 Dec 2017, 2:58 am

Good-olio Raeh wrote:Hello, everyone! I am also a new member of this forum. I am so excited to talk Star Wars with a lovely group of like-minded people. Very Happy Don't abandon the ship! Very Happy
@Good-olio Raeh

Hello!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 24 Dec 2017, 6:28 pm

Probably not the right thread but anyway...

Joyeux Noël dear Reylo fam'
Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 2 Merry-10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 10 Jan 2018, 10:25 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself! I'm a Canadian fan of the new Star Wars trilogy (and the old movies), and newly converted Reylo fan, heh. Actually, I noticed and was intrigued by their dynamic in the first film, but it wasn't until Rian "Reylo" Johnson released his new film Star Wars Episode 8: The Reylo-ing that I was like, "Oh. OH! OK, so this is going to be thing now. Cool." Wanted a place to post a few Kylo/Rey thought nuggets when they occur to me, and have dabbled in online ship-fandoms long enough to know that having my argument refuted with: "Yeah, but your ship isn't a thing" is lame and boring, so I'm glad I found you guys. See you around!

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 10 Jan 2018, 11:05 pm

@nickandnora

Hello & welcome!

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 2 Boycott-star-wars-dancing-stormtroopers
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Jan 2018, 11:11 pm

nickandnora wrote:Hi guys,

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself! I'm a Canadian fan of the new Star Wars trilogy (and the old movies), and newly converted Reylo fan, heh. Actually, I noticed and was intrigued by their dynamic in the first film, but it wasn't until Rian "Reylo" Johnson released his new film Star Wars Episode 8: The Reylo-ing that I was like, "Oh. OH! OK, so this is going to be thing now. Cool." Wanted a place to post a few Kylo/Rey thought nuggets when they occur to me, and have dabbled in online ship-fandoms long enough to know that having my argument refuted with: "Yeah, but your ship isn't a thing" is lame and boring, so I'm glad I found you guys. See you around!

@nickandnora

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 2 Tumblr_lv8l5iqpUG1qbuwpuo1_500
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Thu 11 Jan 2018, 1:09 am

Another new member here Waves
I'm from the UK, I'm old enough to have seen the original series when they first came out!
I'm not keen on the PT, but have fell back in love with Star Wars due to the new ST. I loved TFA, 'Reylo' wasn't on my radar then ( hits myself on the head for not noticing, I'm normally quite perceptive! ) Watched TLJ and was like WOW! The throne room battle with the PG just blew me away. I came out of the cinema with Kylo Ren as my favourite character, I mean how did that happen? He killed Han Solo for crying out loud! I just became invested in his inner turmoil and his hopeful but slow path to redemption. It's great enjoying Star Wars this time around with my kids, and getting ribbed for being a Reylo fan ( this whole shipping thing is new to me  Rolling Eyes  )

Small claim to fame, haha, back in the mid 80's Kylo Ren's granddaddy Darth Vader came and did a special public meet and greet where I was working, it was the actual David Prowse who wore the outfit, and was wearing the Vadar costume  I glimpsed from afar as I was working, but passed him in the corridors at the back, that was surreal to say the least. All the more so as David Prowse, was well known for being the Green Cross Code Man I the UK
Thanks for letting me be a member, it was a scary place out in forum land, trying to find a place where I could talk about TLJ and Reylo in particular, everywhere seemed have so much abuse!?!? Thankfully found this safe haven.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Thu 11 Jan 2018, 1:36 am

@nickandnora @Let The Past Die Welcome to the forum! cheers
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 11 Jan 2018, 1:54 am

Let The Past Die wrote:Another new member here Waves
I'm from the UK, I'm old enough to have seen the original series when they first came out!
I'm not keen on the PT, but have fell back in love with Star Wars due to the new ST. I loved TFA, 'Reylo' wasn't on my radar then ( hits myself on the head for not noticing, I'm normally quite perceptive! ) Watched TLJ and was like WOW! The throne room battle with the PG just blew me away. I came out of the cinema with Kylo Ren as my favourite character, I mean how did that happen? He killed Han Solo for crying out loud! I just became invested in his inner turmoil and his hopeful but slow path to redemption. It's great enjoying Star Wars this time around with my kids, and getting ribbed for being a Reylo fan ( this whole shipping thing is new to me  Rolling Eyes  )

Small claim to fame, haha, back in the mid 80's Kylo Ren's granddaddy Darth Vader came and did a special public meet and greet where I was working, it was the actual David Prowse who wore the outfit, and was wearing the Vadar costume  I glimpsed from afar as I was working, but passed him in the corridors at the back, that was surreal to say the least. All the more so as David Prowse, was well known for being the Green Cross Code Man I the UK
Thanks for letting me be a member, it was a scary place out in forum land, trying to find a place where I could talk about TLJ and Reylo in particular, everywhere seemed have so much abuse!?!? Thankfully found this safe haven.
@Let The Past Die

Welcome!
I'am always giddy when I see some of us "from the ancient times" sign on the forum. Very Happy
This is a great community of Younglings, Padawans and Jedi Masters all dedicated to one cause.

p.s. You met Vader! WOW!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by orangedelamer Thu 11 Jan 2018, 4:45 am

Hello everyone,

I am a 28 years old French woman.

I discovered the star wars universe quite late as I watched both the original and prequel trilogy for the first time a few years ago. But I became immediately passionate about it. I really love the psychological and mythological elements of star wars and I became very much attached to the characters.

As for Kylo/Ben and Rey’s relationship, I noticed that there was some romantic connotation between them in The Force Awakens but I wasn’t sure it would lead somewhere. But after watching The Last Jedi I became very passionate about their relationship because their emotional connection moved me very much. As a lonely and ‘weird’ person, I am very fascinated by the idea of soul-mates and how magical it is to finally find someone who can understand you. I think it is was Ben and Rey are for each others.

I really hope that we will get a happy ending with Rey and Ben together at the end of Episode IX and that Ben will be redeeme and I hope it will be well done. I think the new trilogy a great story which deserves a great end.

orangedelamer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Thu 11 Jan 2018, 5:56 am

orangedelamer wrote:Hello everyone,

I am a 28 years old French woman.

I discovered the star wars universe quite late as I watched both the original and prequel trilogy for the first time a few years ago. But I became immediately passionate about it. I really love the psychological and mythological elements of star wars and I became very much attached to the characters.

As for Kylo/Ben and Rey’s relationship, I noticed that there was some romantic connotation between them in The Force Awakens but I wasn’t sure it would lead somewhere. But after watching The Last Jedi I became very passionate about their relationship because their emotional connection moved me very much. As a lonely and ‘weird’ person, I am very fascinated by the idea of soul-mates and how magical it is to finally find someone who can understand you. I think it is was Ben and Rey are for each others.

I really hope that we will get a happy ending with Rey and Ben together at the end of Episode IX and that Ben will be redeeme and I hope it will be well done. I think the new trilogy a great story which deserves a great end.
@orangedelamer

Welcome and happy to have you here Smile
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyRey Thu 11 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm GreyRey, and I live in the US. I like English: grammar, language, and literature. I used to be an English major, so I might make references from works of literature. I think it was the other night when I thought of Reylo might relate to John Donne's "The Good Morrow" because of their intimacy...Yeah, I know I'm weird.

I've seen the Prequel and Original Trilogies, but I prefer the Sequel Trilogy. Rey is probably my favorite SW character so far.
GreyRey
GreyRey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 11 Jan 2018, 8:57 pm

GreyRey wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm GreyRey, and I live in the US. I like English: grammar, language, and literature. I used to be an English major, so I might make references from works of literature. I think it was the other night when I thought of Reylo might relate to John Donne's "The Good Morrow" because of their intimacy...Yeah, I know I'm weird.

I've seen the Prequel and Original Trilogies, but I prefer the Sequel Trilogy. Rey is probably my favorite SW character so far.
@GreyRey

Hello! Reference all you want.
Reylo & Literature thread Smile
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 12 Jan 2018, 2:14 am

GreyRey wrote:Hello everyone,

@GreyRey

Welcome and looking forward hearing your thoughts about reylo! ^^
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 5:14 am

Hello, everyone! I am also a new member of this forum. I'm Italian and ... sorry .... I don't speak english very well but ... I am so excited to talk Star Wars with a lovely group of like-minded people. I am a complex person and I adore anything that is not trivial. A poem, a painting, a romance, a sage, a song, sometimes even a little smile. I love everything that shows how wonderful the human can be .... I like yours forum . I'm very glad to know you all. Don't abandon the ship! Reylo forever :-)
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:16 am

@giaciak2

Hello & welcome! Waves There are a few Italians on this forum actually!
Hopefully you feel right at home. Smile
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Caty Cifer Sat 13 Jan 2018, 3:40 pm

Hi nice shippers. I'm Caty Cifer, it's not my real name, but is the name I choose to use as an artist and writter. English is not my forst toung so please forgive all the spelling and grammar mistakes I am going to make, and you're welcome to correct me. I'm 36 years old, I'm single (and with no hurries), I'm an art proffersor (got my degree after 8 and half years of hard study in the National University of my country), I'm currently on a hiatus from my work due to some serious mental break down (still I'm a not a dangerous cary woman, just crazy), I'm good at drawing specially by hand (I am not a big fan of digital art, althoug I defend myself if I have a work that requiers it), I've recently start to writte altjoug I still haven't publish anything (hope that change in the future), and I'm a brony (or pegasister to be more acurate) wich, for all who haven't heard the terms before means that I'm a fan of My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic (Generation 4 of My Little Pony franchise), I collect them, hard-core, I currently have over 500 ponys, they're my most precious treasure, I try to buy a minimum of 10 per month. I also LOVE cats above all cratures (incliding humans), I have four cats and they are light of my everyday. I live with my mom who is the best human beaing I've known in my life and with my big brother who is one of the wrost human beings I've know in my life along with my father and my grandparents (yes family issues]).

I gess I have the Beauty and the Beast complex, because I always fall for shipp where the male is somehow a monster and the female is someone who can see beyod that, so it's just logical that I've fell for ReyLo so hard. Along with FlutterCord (a shipp from My Little Pony) they have became my OTP, I'm TOTALLY obsess with them and I sware that if Disney doesn't give them the romantic happy ending they both deserve I'm going to put a bomb on them (kidding ;P but something I am going to do, at least a hate letter XP ). I can't understand why people fail to see the perfect match they are for each other and shipp Rey with Fin (who has another love interest by now, one much more fitting to him and who have been establish multiple times that they are "just friends") or Poe (who she just met on the end of the last movie :/ ), really, really?! what's wrong with people!. My mom says she does see the sensual tension and profund conection between them but that there is too many deaths between them, true but, Han Solo apart, they are all bad guys deaths. Oh well, live and let live right?!.
I must admit I'm a little afraid for the future of the shipp because I've already suffered froma big desapointment with another shipp in a japanese manga call Bleach, there was a similar relationshipp in there with two characters and the result was him dead and her marring his childhood love interest and having a Mary Sue life :/, but I trust Disney has more brains and comon sense than a sad, middle age japanese mangaca who end up hatting his fans so much that he made the ending of his story the oposite of what most wanted and hoped it to be.Disney regaulary gives the audiens what the audience wants, and apart from some hatters I think for what I've seen in social media the the audiens wants Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo to have ahppy ending togheter, what do you think?

Thank you for letting me be part of this, I'm going to have so much fun teorithing abput what may happen in the last movie (we have two years for that), and may the (shipping) force be with you.

Last edited by Caty Cifer on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caty Cifer
Caty Cifer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 13 Jan 2018, 4:17 pm

@Caty Cifer

Hi! Welcome to the forum! Waves
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Caty Cifer Sat 13 Jan 2018, 4:22 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:@Caty Cifer

Hi! Welcome to the forum! Waves
@SheLitAFire

Thank you! Very Happy
Love your avatar! I can't imagine Hux holding a cute fluffy ginger kitty, so funy and cute! XD
Caty Cifer
Caty Cifer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyRey Sat 13 Jan 2018, 6:26 pm

@Caty Cifer

Welcome to the forum! I also have the "Beauty and the Beast complex". I also like or used to like FlutterCord; I used to watch My Little Pony some, but I don't anymore.
GreyRey
GreyRey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Caty Cifer Sat 13 Jan 2018, 7:35 pm

GreyRey wrote:@Caty Cifer

Welcome to the forum! I also have the "Beauty and the Beast complex". I also like or used to like FlutterCord; I used to watch My Little Pony some, but I don't anymore.
@GreyRey

Oh! sweety what can I do to dring you back to the pastel color side of the force? Evil  As a hard cord pegasis it's my duty
Caty Cifer
Caty Cifer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Mon 15 Jan 2018, 9:48 am

Hi, everyone! I thought I probably ought to introduce myself since I've been Liking a few posts and people are probably wondering who that creepy lurker person is. I promise I'm not creepy, but I probably won't be posting a whole lot. I really have enjoyed the insights you all have into character, motivation, etc., but I'm also loving the metas. It's also such a refreshing thing to read actual thoughtful give-and-take discussions online instead of the usual "discourse" that's out there.

Just a bit about my story: in 2015 I was a big fan of the OT but was a little cautious about this new ST business. I finally went to see TFA and thought Rey was a Skywalker. But I loved it and saw it again and thought Rey was a Solo. I was also rather puzzled about why I didn't hate Kylo Ren for killing my favorite OT character, Han Solo. In fact, I kinda liked him and thought it might be my duty to save him. (And if not him, then certainly his hair.) Laughing  I saw it a third time in January 2016, and this time the bridal carry hit me like a ton of bricks. Did I just see...? But doesn't that mean...? And if that's true, then it changes everything. But...am I crazy?

Fortunately I went online and found I wasn't crazy, that there were others like me who also had recognized the Reylo dynamic. And as it turns out, Rian Johnson did too. Wink

Anyway, though I am late joining your party, I just wanted to say hi and I'm glad to be part of this "haven"! Very Happy
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 15 Jan 2018, 11:22 am

@12 Parsnips

Welcome!! cheers

Just a bit about my story: in 2015 I was a big fan of the OT but was a little cautious about this new ST business.

Me too!!! Someone explained what Disney was going to do really badly to me back in like 2013 or 2014. I thought they were REMAKING the OT because I heard the cast had 2 guys and a girl (I think it was Adam, Domhnall, and Daisy that I had heard about) and so I was like, "ok, well there's Han (Adam), Luke (Domhnall), and Leia (Daisy)" haha. And I was like "uh, no thanks! No one can replace Carrie or Harrison!"
Does anyone else remember when there were so many rumors Domhnall was Luke's son???? ha!
Then when I saw the trailer I was like "wait....this isn't a remake!" haha

Anyway, glad to have you here!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:13 pm

@SheLitAFire

Thanks for the welcome! Smile

The only thing I knew about the Disney purchase was that when my kids were watching the Disney channel there were lots of stormtroopers in their little free game apps that they advertised. That did not encourage me at all.  Rolling Eyes  I honestly didn't follow a thing about TFA except for watching the main trailers. So I went into it about as spoiler free as someone could get!   Razz

And then SW hooked me again. I love you
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:07 pm

Hi all, thanks for letting me in! I'm going to be lazy here and copy what I wrote the mods in my email to them (they asked).... Wink Laughing

My name is Darrah Lane (my fanfic-writing name) and I'll be totally honest here and admit that I am actually a long-time Trekkie. And by that I mean a Treknobabble-spouting/Trek-characters-'shipping/fanfic-writing/graduate-course teaching (about Trek and its impact on society and popular culture, etc) fan.

When I was barely into my teens (and already focused on Trek), Star Wars was released. Like everyone else, I got in line with my classmates and saw it, yes, multiple times. I liked it and that was that. I wasn't floored. Then TESB was released, and I had a smidgen more of an interest because I happen to like interesting, slightly convoluted relationships that don't cross all the t's and dot all the i's. That was Han and Leia... (but I wasn't really 'shipping them at the time. That phrase wasn't even around in those days, but we did have the whole K/S thing - Kirk/Spock - around. I even saw a few zines that had K/S and perhaps Scotty/Uhura in a Con or two).

As time went by, life happened, and SW (and even at times Trek) took the back seat. I have a mixed STEM/Lit background... majoring in both Biology and Literature in college and have a Lit MA, and I help publish science/medical journals. In my spare time, I write novels and have gone back to my music again (it was a passion during my childhood), and have written a few DS9/Enterprise fanfics.

Last year, after a half a lifetime of adulting behind me, I sat down with one of my oldest friends from college -- a die-hard SW junkie, and we watched TFA together. I hadn't seen it in the theater due to a very traumatic family emergency that happened around that time...

I had seen the prequels with her as well (she'd been trying to turn me for aaaages!), and had come away impressed with RotS. Something in it tickled my interest, but left me wanting more.

I guess I wasn't yet a SW (Warsian?) fan tongue

While watching TFA with her last year, I finally realized what it was that I had needed to see happen more fully in Star Wars: I needed to see an examination of a textured, layered character who was psychologically complex, promising nuanced interaction with his/her environment that took us beyond the old LF trope of "made for 12 year olds kids".

To be honest, the last two of the prequel trilogy, TFA, and especially TLJ most definitely aren't made for 12-year-olds (more like for 40-year-old kids Razz)

I found Rey delightful and heroic, but more than that, I found that she was a character who could "go places" in terms of character development. She was in some ways fully formed, and yet had a nebulous enough backstory that promised creative fulfillment if the writers desired it.

One of the drawbacks in Trek (for me, at least) has always been that Trek has never really done/shown romance well. Call it bad writing, a lack of chemistry between the actors put together, bad directing, the overall gestalt of the show (strong sci-fi elements that hinged more on platonic interactions)... but this is one of the truths most Trekkies know and deal with on a case-by-case basis.

So, imagine my surprise and delight when I spied an interrogation scene between a complex, textured, and nuanced "villain" and a character which promised to be his Dulcinea. I was hooked from the moment he shook off his mask and faced his "nemesis". Not only had I been presented with my much-hoped for complex and intricate character, but TWO! AND.. they seemed to be the focus of the story. That meant I didn't have to fight the filmmakers for center stage... my favorite characters were already there LOL.

(Even in TFA, Finn seemed to me a side-kick, not the anti-hero... and to me, the anti-hero/antagonist is always juxtaposed front and center in the hero's journey).

This past year, I'd hoped for an interesting step forward in this relationship, never really imagining where it would go. And I did all the hoping in isolation. Life has been hectic, and I've not had the chance to discuss my secret "'shipping" with anyone other than my friend. So once TLJ was sprung on us -- and it was a revelation, indeed -- I decided to look up a few "reylo" forums, and this one seemed to be the very best in terms of contributors and thought. Anyway, I hope that made some sense! I'm looking forward to being with all of you and reading and participating in what looks like a wonderful 'ship.

Many thanks for reading and take care,
Darrah.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next