Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of Ren

+44
LadyGaufrette
Apriljandy
MrsWindu
Ramblingrose
lauvamp
SkyStar
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
rey09
Night Huntress
Armadeus
Teo oswald
nickandnora
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Darth Dementor
nite0wl29
DeeBee
BB-Rey
guardienne
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
vaderito
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
Rogue Rey
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
BenRey
Mana
SoloSideCousin
FrolickingFizzgig
creepi0
Kessel
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
Reylo Lemon
Sforza
Kalianah
MeadowofAshes
SanghaRen
panki
Sylvia Snow
Airemyn
48 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 2 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 4:24 pm

ex co-students of Kylo Ren from the Jedi Academy?
Seems most logical Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:03 pm

Airemyn wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Sforza wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
Sforza wrote:Knights of Ren - Page 2 Screen14

Greetings my dear young padawans... Wink These are rocks, not bodies, with exception of that dead knight, killed by Kylo. Wink
@Sforza

Why are there so many holes in the ground?! Are KoR grave diggers? Very Happy
@Maria Antonietta

Sorry ppl, I was completely taken by my job and haven't been here for ages. These are not holes, I see only rocks. I tweeted to Pablo but he ignored me. Wink And, it was something about that line I heard on that locked thread, so, it was: Rey is confused about her feelings. Smile

@Sforza
They look like bodies, but 90% of them are clearly rocks. You can see it when the light flashes. They're meant to look like bodies in the dark.

What did you Tweet Pablo that he ignored? A question about whether they're rocks or bodies?
@FrolickingFizzgig

Right. I think that this scene was set up to be intentionally misleading when viewers watch it whiz by in the theatre. It's meant to look like a slaughter, where Kylo and the other KOR have killed a whole field of bodies. BUT, on closer examination, nearly all of the "bodies" are rocks--they're on a rocky beach (IMO) and not a battlefield, and the big thing is that Kylo kills someone who is poised to bludgeon a person (possibly Rey) laying on the ground.

But you don't catch any of that on first viewing, and I think that's intentional.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yep. I just watched a digital version and they do seem to be just rocks.

If this is Luke's island and it's the future, who is the guy that was killed other than one of the KoR? That's the only explanation I can think of, unless this isn't Luke's island and it's elsewhere.
@Airemyn

I'm wondering if this is the beach in Dubrovnik and the FO (and KOR) have launched an attack on people attending some event/the rumored funeral service.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:26 pm

panki wrote:
Airemyn wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Sforza wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

Greetings my dear young padawans... Wink These are rocks, not bodies, with exception of that dead knight, killed by Kylo. Wink
@Sforza

@Maria Antonietta

Sorry ppl, I was completely taken by my job and haven't been here for ages. These are not holes, I see only rocks. I tweeted to Pablo but he ignored me. Wink And, it was something about that line I heard on that locked thread, so, it was: Rey is confused about her feelings. Smile

@Sforza
They look like bodies, but 90% of them are clearly rocks. You can see it when the light flashes. They're meant to look like bodies in the dark.

What did you Tweet Pablo that he ignored? A question about whether they're rocks or bodies?
@FrolickingFizzgig

Right. I think that this scene was set up to be intentionally misleading when viewers watch it whiz by in the theatre. It's meant to look like a slaughter, where Kylo and the other KOR have killed a whole field of bodies. BUT, on closer examination, nearly all of the "bodies" are rocks--they're on a rocky beach (IMO) and not a battlefield, and the big thing is that Kylo kills someone who is poised to bludgeon a person (possibly Rey) laying on the ground.

But you don't catch any of that on first viewing, and I think that's intentional.
@ISeeAnIsland

If this is Luke's island and it's the future, who is the guy that was killed other than one of the KoR? That's the only explanation I can think of, unless this isn't Luke's island and it's elsewhere.
@Airemyn

I'm wondering if this is the beach in Dubrovnik and the FO (and KOR) have launched an attack on people attending some event/the rumored funeral service.
@panki
If Kylo has Luke's green lightsaber on his belt (the suspected "other" lightsaber in his possession), I wonder if one of the "bodies" is an unconscious and disarmed Luke.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:43 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
panki wrote:
Airemyn wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Sforza wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@Sforza

@Maria Antonietta

@Sforza

@FrolickingFizzgig

@ISeeAnIsland

@Airemyn

@panki
If Kylo has Luke's green lightsaber on his belt (the suspected "other" lightsaber in his possession), I wonder if one of the "bodies" is an unconscious and disarmed Luke.
@ISeeAnIsland

That makes a lot of sense....maybe he fought and disarmed Luke (but didn't kill him) while another KOR member fought Rey...so when she was almost killed, he intervenes and saves her..... Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 22 Apr 2016, 5:21 pm

I was thinking about how the man who gets stabbed in Rey's force vision is called a clan leader...and I remembered something....

In the EU, jedi initiates could join clans....this was a practice that existed for centuries. Each clan kept in mind the strengths of it's members and each had an instructor who was responsible for the primary education of clan members. Luke's academy also continued this tradition.

I feel Ren was a clan name in Luke's new order and Ben Solo was initially an initiate and later a master of the knights of Ren.....maybe the clan leader he kills to save Rey is the leader of a rival clan?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:01 am

panki wrote:I was thinking about how the man who gets stabbed in Rey's force vision is called a clan leader...and I remembered something....

In the EU, jedi initiates could join clans....this was a practice that existed for centuries. Each clan kept in mind the strengths of it's members and each had an instructor who was responsible for the primary education of clan members. Luke's academy also continued this tradition.

I feel Ren was a clan name in Luke's new order and Ben Solo was initially an initiate and later a master of the knights of Ren.....maybe the clan leader he kills to save Rey is the leader of a rival clan?
@panki

Oh that's interesting so "clan" and Knights of Ren could be one in the same?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:16 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:I was thinking about how the man who gets stabbed in Rey's force vision is called a clan leader...and I remembered something....

@panki

Oh that's interesting so "clan" and Knights of Ren could be one in the same?
@SoloSideCousin

That is what I am thinking.....names are important in the SW universe and "ren" has noble/good/peaceful meanings...so I find it hard to believe it was originally intended to be an evil group....though the members may have gone rogue and destroyed Luke's order (or gone deep undercover to destroy the FO)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sun 24 Apr 2016, 3:35 am

Apparently 'YinYang Ren' are people who are both yin and yang in equal proportions. But it can also refer to intersex or transgender people.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 27 Apr 2016, 3:54 am

I got my hands on the book- The Jedi Path. It is a manual about jedi history and the jedi order.....though this book is technically part of the EU, a lot of it has been brought into canon.... there is an interesting mention about the Black Knights (wasn't Kylo called dark knight in initial screenplay drafts?) raised by the Dark Underlord (Snoke?) who kept fighting jedi over the ages...they even arose at a time when Yoda was a new padawan so it must be a pretty old group....maybe these were the knights of Ren?

Knights of Ren - Page 2 Akfll5

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Fri 06 May 2016, 1:39 pm

Kessel89 wrote: Kylux has as much chance of becoming canon as Finn and Phasma (Finnasma?) or Ruke.

What reasons would Kylux shippers have to hate Reylo? Is it because Reylo requires Kylo to be straight (or at least bi)? Surely it's not the whole 'abuse' issue because (and forgive me if I'm incorrect), isn't Kylux based on a rather violent/acrimonious dynamic?

They call Reylo abusive and look down at us. Their excuse is Kylo and Hux are both scum that deserve each other Mad
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Fri 06 May 2016, 11:02 pm

@Kyla Ren

We were derailing the spoiler thread with the Kylux vs. Reylo talk. Mod said this thread is more appropriate.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 06 May 2016, 11:19 pm

What I'm curious about is, if the Knights of Ren make it into the next film, who are they going to fight? I presume they won't just be standing around looking cool with nothing to do (at least I hope so - I don't want a repeat of Captain all-dressed-up-with-nothing-to-do Phasma!) and that there'll be some kind of action sequence involved. Is it going to be Luke? Kylo? Rey and Kylo? Rey and Luke?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Sat 07 May 2016, 10:33 am

Saracene wrote:What I'm curious about is, if the Knights of Ren make it into the next film, who are they going to fight? I presume they won't just be standing around looking cool with nothing to do (at least I hope so - I don't want a repeat of Captain all-dressed-up-with-nothing-to-do Phasma!) and that there'll be some kind of action sequence involved. Is it going to be Luke? Kylo? Rey and Kylo? Rey and Luke?
@Saracene

Good question. I wonder whether they'll split up and some of them go after the Resistance (Finn/Poe/KMT) and the others go after Rey/Luke and then Kylo Ren (if he deflects?). Who knows, maybe they'll fight Benecio and his crew too!
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 07 May 2016, 12:23 pm

Saracene wrote:What I'm curious about is, if the Knights of Ren make it into the next film, who are they going to fight? I presume they won't just be standing around looking cool with nothing to do (at least I hope so - I don't want a repeat of Captain all-dressed-up-with-nothing-to-do Phasma!) and that there'll be some kind of action sequence involved. Is it going to be Luke? Kylo? Rey and Kylo? Rey and Luke?
@Saracene

We know that we're getting the one big scene with them in the rain that's looking like it's going to take place on Ahch-To. Beyond that, I have no idea. Part of me does think that they are running the risk of being a gang of Boba Fetts/Phasmas.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 07 May 2016, 2:55 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Saracene

We know that we're getting the one big scene with them in the rain that's looking like it's going to take place on Ahch-To. Beyond that, I have no idea. Part of me does think that they are running the risk of being a gang of Boba Fetts/Phasmas.
@ISeeAnIsland

I was initially worried that they were dead student zombies....especially when they started lurching towards Kylo in the rain scene...but they're just probably carrying a lot of heavy ammunition.....I wonder if any of the other KOR has a lightsaber....can't make out from the picture though I see a heavy mandalorian influence....could this be some sort of hybrid of the death watch and the imperial inquisitors?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 14 May 2016, 4:47 pm

A question for all:
Just stumbled at this screencap. Is it fan made? Because there is an important difference between this and other screencaps of the same scene.

Knights of Ren - Page 2 Sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-7694_zpsofviyrgv
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 14 May 2016, 4:56 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:A question for all:
Just stumbled at this screencap. Is it fan made? Because there is an important difference between this and other screencaps of the same scene.

@Darth_Awakened

If I may, what's wrong with this screenshot scene?
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 14 May 2016, 5:00 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow

Of course. There are 2 people standing in front of KOR, and none of the two looks like Rey. Compare it to other screencaps of the same scene and please do verify am I going completely crazy?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 14 May 2016, 5:04 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow

Of course. There are 2 people standing in front of KOR, and none of the two looks like Rey. Compare it to other screencaps of the same scene and please do verify am I going completely crazy?
@Darth_Awakened

Please give me a moment I will check it out but I do think that it is Rey, and then there's that dead body before Kylo
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 14 May 2016, 5:10 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow

@Darth_Awakened

Please give me a moment I will check it out but I do think that it is Rey, and then there's that dead body before Kylo
@Sylvia Snow

No prob. I see dead body. That s not problem. But at the place where Rey stands in other screencaps - I saw somehow two people. I am probably wrong, but still...
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 14 May 2016, 5:17 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow

@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow

No prob. I see dead body. That s not problem. But at the place where Rey stands in other screencaps - I saw somehow two people. I am probably wrong, but still...
@Darth_Awakened

I understand, what's bothering me that I knows that there are lighting but I just wonder if there are some sort of light because her shadow was like during midday or something
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 14 May 2016, 5:25 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow

@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow

@Darth_Awakened

I understand, what's bothering me that I knows that there are lighting but I just wonder if there are some sort of light because her shadow was like during midday or something
@Sylvia Snow

It could be lightening effect. But the first thing notice at the pic above it less blurry than the others - that s why I thought it was fan mind
Try to compare with this:
Knights of Ren - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDuMrNp26UqWovuYgoIoIBCDYYCU7Ooi0lLuNfGE0YtjKSpu7v
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Mon 16 May 2016, 5:54 pm

Apparently JJ stated that Snoke has a direct link to the KoR and separately that he is responsible for who Kylo Ren is - but we already know that.

Wouldn't the direct link/line to the KoR be Kylo??? Strange to even say this if it's not Kylo, so does that mean that one of the other Knights is Snoke's messenger?? confused confused
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Mon 16 May 2016, 6:22 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:Apparently JJ stated that Snoke has a direct link to the KoR and separately that he is responsible for who Kylo Ren is - but we already know that.

Wouldn't the direct link/line to the KoR be Kylo??? Strange to even say this if it's not Kylo, so does that mean that one of the other Knights is Snoke's messenger?? confused confused
@Rogue Rey

Interesting. Do you remember where you read that?
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Mon 16 May 2016, 6:28 pm

Airemyn wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:Apparently JJ stated that Snoke has a direct link to the KoR and separately that he is responsible for who Kylo Ren is - but we already know that.

Wouldn't the direct link/line to the KoR be Kylo???  Strange to even say this if it's not Kylo, so does that mean that one of the other Knights is Snoke's messenger??  confused confused
@Rogue Rey

Interesting. Do you remember where you read that?
@Airemyn

I didn't read it myself - it was mentioned by one of the people discussing TFA in a podcast for a film magazine I read - they all work for the magazine and talk a lot with film people and do set visits etc so they kind of get titbits and insider info that's not always in print.

But he was quite clear that JJ stated those two things.  (now I'm doubting myself as I'm half asleep - eek!)

This is the podcast (can't remember where exactly they say it)

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-podcast-star-wars-7-spoiler-special-lawrence-kasdan/

Warning: there is some occasional use of strong language
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum: