Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+81
giaciak2
KnightsofReylo_2015
thescavenger
Let The Past Die
Reynak
Sforza
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
ReyofLightSide
liveinsummee
rawpowah
Piper Maru
adamdrivershair
Marchtwin
Irina de France
MoonFyre
Atenais
Moonjump05
Helix
Casper
Acritiqua
MyOnlyHope
Xylo Ren
Blood Moon
Starliteprism
Darth_marshmallow
motherofpearl1
bashfulblueeyes3
SkyStar
Kylo Rey
BenRey
DeeBee
Forsythia
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
reylo1992
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
Darth Dingbat
AceofWands
ISeeAnIsland
PalmettoBlue
snufkin
DarthRen
SheLitAFire
vaderito
Maria26
EchoBase
Moonlight13
Lucina
fuhry
Mana
Kylo Men
LesCousinsDangereux
Saracene
Reylo Lemon
Anakin Skywalker
Tex
MindAndMagic
shii405
Darth_Awakened
nite0wl29
RosiePancake
colibri
Night Huntress
tukicarreno
ZioRen
Birdwoman
IoJovi
Lily Snape
Gemini
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
LadyHa
Darth Rowan
panki
Cowgirlsamurai
Man Without A Star
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
MrsWindu
85 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by ZioRen Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:01 am

I've been trying to remember what the first solid piece of information we got about TLJ was and when we got it. There were so many details and hints and rumors and 'gates' flying around that I can't even remember! I know we only got the title at the start of 2017 so we should assume the same and we'll get IX's in early 2019.

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Kessel Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:05 am

ZioRen wrote:I've been trying to remember what the first solid piece of information we got about TLJ was and when we got it. There were so many details and hints and rumors and 'gates' flying around that I can't even remember! I know we only got the title at the start of 2017 so we should assume the same and we'll get it in early 2019.
@ZioRen

I’m not completely certain, but based on what I remember, I believe it *might* have been the photos of filiming in Dubrovnik for the Canto Bight scenes in February/March 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:07 am

ZioRen wrote:I've been trying to remember what the first solid piece of information we got about TLJ was and when we got it. There were so many details and hints and rumors and 'gates' flying around that I can't even remember! I know we only got the title at the start of 2017 so we should assume the same and we'll get it in early 2019.
@ZioRen

The first solid bit of info was that TLJ would pick up immediately where TFA left off. I think Rian or TPTB came through with that info around the time that TLJ started shooting.

After that, the first set of valid leaks were the photos that came in from the Dubrovnik shoot (February 2016, I think?), including the ones of Finn and Rose's stunt doubles on the "space horse".

We'll see if JJ has anything to say about the TLJ-to-IX timejump early on, as that could give us some idea of where they're going with certain aspects of the story for IX.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:07 am

Kessel wrote:
@ZioRen

I’m not completely certain, but based on what I remember, I believe it *might* have been the photos of filiming in Dubrovnik for the Canto Bight scenes in February/March 2016.
@Kessel

That was an early one! But beyond actual photos, one of the very first things I remember being confirmed is that there would be no time skip between TFA and TLJ. They might be more cagey about that with IX, though!

Edit: Ha, @ISeeAnIsland beat me to it!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:09 am

Botham Spy from reddit turned out to be legit. His exploding hut rumor dropped on May 1st 2016. I hope he comes back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/4h9l7d/regarding_lukes_explosive_temper_ep8/
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:11 am

BenRey wrote:

Botham Spy from reddit turned out to be legit. His exploding hut rumor dropped on May 1st 2016. I hope he comes back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/4h9l7d/regarding_lukes_explosive_temper_ep8/
@BenRey

Oh man I forgot that Bothan Spy's drop happened so early on! I think Disney may have threatened his life with how quickly and completely he went quiet so I wouldn't expect more from him, unforunately.

If we thought they were strict with preventing leaks for TLJ, IX is going to kick it up a much bigger notch. It's the grand finale!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 16 Jan 2018, 1:26 am

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 16 Jan 2018, 3:33 am

@EchoBase

Thanks for sharing -Hot damn that’s made me grin from ear to ear on a packed train. What a great way to start the day !
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 16 Jan 2018, 3:45 am

@MrsWindu”: Me, too Very Happy.
I’m still staring. It’s like art, damn it.

More good stuff:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 751f3810

https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/953179309224726528
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Tue 16 Jan 2018, 5:46 am

Wow thanks where does all these come from? A new mag?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 16 Jan 2018, 6:34 am

@EchoBase

Help Stretcher

This man is killing me.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 16 Jan 2018, 6:38 am

shii405 wrote:Wow thanks where does all these come from? A new mag?
@shii405

The interview is from Star Wars Insider #178.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 16 Jan 2018, 7:58 am

MrsWindu wrote:
@EchoBase

Thanks for sharing -Hot damn that’s made me grin from ear to ear on a packed train. What a great way to start the day !
@MrsWindu
Wow, this is an awesome picture of him!

I remember when a similar one from the same scene was released in EW. Little did we know he was actually looking at Rey. Cool
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:01 am

@EchoBase

What a soft boy!

And haters say this is the face of pure evil lol
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:14 am

No idea where to put this thought/question or if there is a thread dealing with it.

I like reading the analysis  you all have for the film, talk about the layers of an onion! ( Shrek anyone?) It's so interesting. But I also like the behind the scenes to how we go from script to the  acting in the film.

For example, the change to Rey's look. It's been analysed here, I understand the meaning, but I'm interested in how they got there. For example what directive did the makeup department receive. I know we won't know the ins  and outs of that, but I like to picture the scenario.

RJ. Right then Makeup Department, Rey has fell into the pool and is in the mirror cave.

MD. Well she'll loose her bobbles/elastics in the water, we can leave her hair down.

RJ. That would work,now we have a scene where I need  her to  look like a princess, as I'm posting her fairy tale like in a coffin to meet Kylo.

MD. Ooh, well we'll keep her hair down, put a bit more eye make on  *arguement ensues as to how much they can get away with*   we'll make sure she looks the part.

Now the above is just a simplistic, childish bit of fun of my thought process of what goes on behind the scenes, the point I'm making is that there is a great deal of detail and thought into everything we see on the screen.

So if I start to get a wobble about the end result in IX. I use Rey's hair and makeup change as confirmation of them showing Rey blossoming into a woman, where does this change occur, specifically when she posts herself to Kylo. Therefore in my mind, I think why go to all the trouble of making her look different for Kylo if there wasn't more to it.

No idea if anyone has a clue what I've rambled on about, but it makes sense in my head, I just wonder if there is anyone who gets what I'm on about. The whole analysis thing goes out of my depth, for me to add anything significant despite my thoroughly  enjoying the threads.  I think that's why I like to ask questions like the kiss or not to kiss thread and the in love or falling in love thread. I just love to read all your comments, views, and analysis despite not contributing much to them myself.

So is there anything that makes you think in the film in the behind the scenes department, and perhaps the thought process to reach the bit we see in the film.

Another example is the thigh grab,  is it a deliberate action for us to sigh over or is it perhaps choreographed to balance Daisy for her to kick out, so balancing on Adam makes sense. I know what I'd like it to be,perhaps it's both.  Either way it's a thing of beauty. But these are the things I think about...lol.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:17 am

Here’s a version of the picture without the watermark:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 58b84e10

Found here: https://twitter.com/dj_gurj/status/953248108225417216

I still don’t know the original source, I think it’s also from the SW Insider #178
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:32 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:
@EchoBase

@MrsWindu
Wow, this is an awesome picture of him!

I remember when a similar one from the same scene was released in EW. Little did we know he was actually looking at Rey. Cool
@FrolickingFizzgig

You mean this one?

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 0cb41e10

Little did we know indeed, but we assumed (correctly) that he was looking at her.

Same with this picture:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 B6097910

His face expressions are very telling. You can’t deny the truth in his eyes Wink
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:39 am

@EchoBase

About the last picture, when I saw this scene in the trailer I thought "he is looking at Rey's hologram or projection", that mix of fascination / intensity /emotion. ARGH. Sad Sad Sad
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:46 am

EchoBase wrote:Here’s a version of the picture without the watermark:

I still don’t know the original source, I think it’s also from the SW Insider #178
@EchoBase

Is it just me, or does anyone else like his scar Smile

I should have known not to post a question between all these glorious images of Kylo, who wants to read when you can drool. lol!
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:53 am

Starliteprism wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:Random observation or not. When Rey gets hurt on her arm from the PG, one thing I noticed afterwards is that the scarring, to me, looks like the shape of two out reaching hands(of course could just be how the weapon marked her arm when coming into contact). I have a calendar in my kitchen with a picture of her scar and just has me a little curious, although not sure if coincidence or not.

OR....can go a maybe more interesting route, since TLJ was so flippin' sexy...If the throne scene represented sex, maybe at the point in which she was marked, could be something very personal "breaking", if you get my drift, then you see Kylo Ben look over in concern. LOL.
@Starliteprism

I have to be honest I never really took much notice of her arm,other than it has been slashed and she has this red streak across it. I wonder if anyone has a close up shot, so we can see it a little better in detail.

I thought it interesting that the camera angle gives us Kylo's view of her getting hurt, and it's almost like he seems to refocus in that moment as he then seems to take a deep breath, steadies himself then back into the melee. It's like let's finish this, no one hurts my girl!
@Let The Past Die

I will take a pic of the calendar on my wall and post back.
@Starliteprism

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Img_2013

In the movie, you can get a better visual of it, as some of it is obscured.
@Starliteprism

If you look at her wounds carefully they really look like two hands, their hands. They’ve been commenting this on Tumblr too. If you look at gifs or vídeos you can’t unsee it. It seems totally intentional. It looks like a tatoo.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:55 am

Let The Past Die wrote:
EchoBase wrote:Here’s a version of the picture without the watermark:

@EchoBase

Is it just me, or does anyone else like his scar Smile

I should have known not to post a question between  all these glorious images of Kylo, who wants to read when you can drool. lol!
@Let The Past Die

It’s not just you. His scar is hot. But honestly I want to put some chapstick on his lips Razz

Last edited by EchoBase on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:56 am

Reynak wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:Random observation or not. When Rey gets hurt on her arm from the PG, one thing I noticed afterwards is that the scarring, to me, looks like the shape of two out reaching hands(of course could just be how the weapon marked her arm when coming into contact). I have a calendar in my kitchen with a picture of her scar and just has me a little curious, although not sure if coincidence or not.

OR....can go a maybe more interesting route, since TLJ was so flippin' sexy...If the throne scene represented sex, maybe at the point in which she was marked, could be something very personal "breaking", if you get my drift, then you see Kylo Ben look over in concern. LOL.
@Starliteprism

I have to be honest I never really took much notice of her arm,other than it has been slashed and she has this red streak across it. I wonder if anyone has a close up shot, so we can see it a little better in detail.

I thought it interesting that the camera angle gives us Kylo's view of her getting hurt, and it's almost like he seems to refocus in that moment as he then seems to take a deep breath, steadies himself then back into the melee. It's like let's finish this, no one hurts my girl!
@Let The Past Die

I will take a pic of the calendar on my wall and post back.
@Starliteprism

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Img_2013

In the movie, you can get a better visual of it, as some of it is obscured.
@Starliteprism

If you look at her wounds carefully they really look like two hands, their hands. They’ve been commenting this on Tumblr too. If you look at gifs or vídeos you can’t unsee it. It seems totally intentional. It looks like a tatoo.
@Reynak

Tattoo....of luv. I love you
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 16 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm

@Let The Past Die

I like reading the analysis  you all have for the film, talk about the layers of an onion! ( Shrek anyone?) It's so interesting. But I also like the behind the scenes to how we go from script to the  acting in the film.

I'm going to go off at a tangent because when I saw the 'layers of an onion' it reminded me of something else that I saw in The Art of book regarding the Crait bunker. I know the ram gun aimed at the bunker is symbolic of something (cough cough) but I too love the behind the scenes parts, and what their original ideas may have stemmed from. The sketch and the concept art show this idea perhaps :exposing another layer and getting closer to the core which sometimes causes tears along the way but the true ''flavor' will far outweigh the salty tear drops and discomfort

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Img_7210
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Img_7211
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Tue 16 Jan 2018, 2:52 pm

MrsWindu wrote:@Let The Past Die

I'm going to go off at a tangent because when I saw the 'layers of an onion' it reminded me of something else that I saw in The Art of book regarding the Crait bunker. I know the ram gun aimed at the bunker is symbolic of something (cough cough) but I too love the behind the scenes parts, and what their original ideas may have stemmed from. The sketch and the concept art show this idea perhaps :exposing another layer and getting closer to the core which sometimes causes tears along the way but the true ''flavor' will far outweigh the salty tear drops and discomfort

@MrsWindu

I don't mind the off tangent, it's these little nuggets that make it so fascinating, thanks for sharing! Smile
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 16 Jan 2018, 3:25 pm

MrsWindu wrote:@Let The Past Die

@MrsWindu

Are you talking about intercourse, then? So the opening that was found by the crystal foxes and then the rebels were stuck (sperm) and then Rey moves the rocks out of the way and the rebellion is "reborn"? Not sure my thought process is what is on the menu you are suggesting? :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next