Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 Empty Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:59 pm

I swear, Domhnall is just turning out to be incredible. I didn't take much notice of him in TFA, but in TLJ we were really shown what he can do as an actor.

His father is a tremendous actor, but I wasn't quite sure Domhnall had it like his father. Well he definitely has the magical "it"!!!

I love how smart he is about his character. The almost shooting Kylo was a brilliant move that frankly Rian should have thought of. It makes me wonder how much else Domhnall brought to Hux.

And seriously, I cannot wait for the Adam and Domhnall scenes in IX. These two young guys, who are really just starting their careers, are both going to kill it. It is such a please watching two excellent actors bounce off each other. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Kessel Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:08 pm

I see many people currently predicting relatively short time jumps between TLJ and Episode IX (which I prefer as well), but does anyone now think JJ will follow the OT and PT pattern and have Episode IX take place when Rey is 23 years old since they already made her 19 years old in TFA, like Luke in ANH and Anakin in AOTC?

I hope not because that’s four years. That’s a long a time! We’d miss a lot of important character and plot development. I think the ideal time jump would be 1-2 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:59 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:I swear, Domhnall is just turning out to be incredible. I didn't take much notice of him in TFA, but in TLJ we were really shown what he can do as an actor.

His father is a tremendous actor, but I wasn't quite sure Domhnall had it like his father. Well he definitely has the magical "it"!!!

I love how smart he is about his character.  The almost shooting Kylo was a brilliant move that frankly Rian should have thought of. It makes me wonder how much else Domhnall brought to Hux.

And seriously, I cannot wait for the Adam and Domhnall scenes in IX. These two young guys, who are really just starting their careers, are both going to kill it. It is such a please watching two excellent actors bounce off each other. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

I can’t remember if you told me or not - did you read he Phasma novel?  I couldn’t help but picture Brendan Gleeson as Brendol Hux.  It was impossible to imagine anything else.

Even more hilarious - I did a google search on Brendol and found this. It does look like Brendan! Laughing

Predictions for Episode 9 575b7810
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 24 Jan 2018, 5:08 pm

nickandnora wrote:I just saw this for the third time last night, and I can safely say that it doesn't matter how many of the small moments b/w Kylo and Hux were constructed at the last minute, Hux's overall EVERYTHING screams "THIS guy is the true remorseless villain of the series, and he *will* snatch the power at the end of it." Hux is exactly the unfeeling antagonist that so many want Kylo Ren to be (including Kylo himself), except he doesn't have force powers. I'm really not sure if it was intentional or not, but they've basically had Hux in plain sight the whole time, telling us that he's equipping the FO with impossible weapons that shouldn't even exist (and also giving freaking evil Hitler speeches while obliterating entire planets) and everyone's kind of just not taken him seriously. It's just perfect set-up for IX I hope, I hope!

Hux has definitely improved for me on repeated viewings. After I saw TFA I was super impressed with everything but remember saying to myself, "Why did it seem like Domhnall Gleeson was acting in a different movie?" (as in, he was super hammy) But NOW after TLJ I'm like, "Oh man, why did I think I didn't like this? This is AWESOME." He's playing the cartoony supervillain because he IS the cartoony supervillain, except no one has noticed it's him in spite of how obvious he's being. And I LOVE it.
@nickandnora

I agree nickandnora! Did you see there was a Hux vs Kylo thread floating around?
It's been an interesting (and surprising to me) aspect of the story this relationship.
Improv or not, to me it's clear that Hux and Kylo/Ben are set up to be rivals and bitter enemies from the start of the ST.
Both think it is their destiny to rule the galaxy.. and Snoke was feeding this rivalry for his own benefit..
the clash of science/military might vs spirituality/the force in this struggle for power sets them up to be fantastically interesting enemies.

So for me DG may have suggested the improv - but he suggested it because the dynamic was there already and it was a way to show it in the storytelling. Hmm I might try and find thread now.. I have more thoughts to share now! lol..

Regarding the time jump - I really hope it's not long! Just long enough for Rey and Kylo/Ben to process things maybe!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 24 Jan 2018, 6:35 pm

@DeeBee Their relationship also has a "brothers who are rivals" type of feel to it as well. I just love it. It's really one of those things that has crept up on me, the desire to see Hux vs. Kylo in Episode IX. These films are really good at having things creep up on you. Smile

On a completely different topic, has the following ever been suggested before: the reason that young Ben Solo was canonically into calligraphy is because he will be the one to pen the *new* sacred Jedi texts in the future? I was thinking about it because I believe this story is very much cyclical - reverse Anidala, reverse Adam and Eve, going back to the beginning on a remote planet, on a beautiful island... all that would be missing is a new sacred Jedi temple and "new" sacred Jedi texts. Smile Which, let's face it, will basically just be Ben writing out of the love story of Reylo. Smile

(Sacredest.text.EVER.)

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 25 Jan 2018, 1:01 am

nickandnora wrote:

On a completely different topic, has the following ever been suggested before: the reason that young Ben Solo was canonically into calligraphy is because he will be the one to pen the *new* sacred Jedi texts in the future? I was thinking about it because I believe this story is very much cyclical - reverse Anidala, reverse Adam and Eve, going back to the beginning on a remote planet, on a beautiful island... all that would be missing is a new sacred Jedi temple and "new" sacred Jedi texts. Smile Which, let's face it, will basically just be Ben writing out of the love story of Reylo. Smile

(Sacredest.text.EVER.)
@nickandnora

I would love to see that...Ben sitting somewhere on a quiet place writing a new more liberal version of the Jedi text with his calligraphy set.
Adam would be wonderful with his expressive face - no words needed.
I'm actually more and more into an ending where he and Rey are going into exile on a planet like Ahch-to and living in piece together.
Yeah, I'm a romantic at heart- please JJ ! Cry
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 25 Jan 2018, 2:16 am

Night Huntress wrote:
nickandnora wrote:

(Sacredest.text.EVER.)
@nickandnora

I would love to see that...Ben sitting somewhere on a quiet place writing a new more liberal version of the Jedi text with his calligraphy set.
Adam would be wonderful with his expressive face - no words needed.
I'm actually more and more into an ending where he and Rey are going into exile on a planet like Ahch-to and living in piece together.
Yeah, I'm a romantic at heart- please JJ ! Cry
@Night Huntress

As long as they are together and in the living world and happy, I am game for anywhere in the galaxy and who knows, maybe on Earth. :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 25 Jan 2018, 3:01 am

Do you believe Phasma is dead? I do not think, somehow for me, she survived thanks to her armor, her left eye will be damaged or part of her face burned.

Why do I say this? because they pumped her character so much that making her die that way does not seem right. Also create a novel just for her ....

I believe that somehow she will come back in episode IX . what do you think ?
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Thu 25 Jan 2018, 4:05 am

Teo oswald wrote:

Do you believe Phasma is dead? I do not think, somehow for me, she  survived thanks to her armor, her left eye will be damaged or part of her face burned.

Why do I say this? because they pumped her character so much that making her die that way does not seem right. Also create a novel just for her ....

@Teo oswald

I think you could be probably right, considering all the promotion she got by now.
I like Gwendoline, I really do, I think she's brilliant especially in interviews and I would miss her, but I actually don't care very much about her character considering what she did in the two movies... let's say that if she's really dead I wouldn't be sad about it  Rolling Eyes
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 25 Jan 2018, 9:22 am

cherrylipstick wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:

Do you believe Phasma is dead? I do not think, somehow for me, she  survived thanks to her armor, her left eye will be damaged or part of her face burned.

@Teo oswald

I think you could be probably right, considering all the promotion she got by now.
I like Gwendoline, I really do, I think she's brilliant especially in interviews and I would miss her, but I actually don't care very much about her character considering what she did in the two movies... let's say that if she's really dead I wouldn't be sad about it  Rolling Eyes
@cherrylipstick

I'm very familiar with Gwendoline from Game of Thrones, and I feel like she's in a similar situation there: she's a minor character and yet they trot her out at *every* awards ceremony, comic-con, interview that they can because she's SO enthusiastic, articulate, and cuts an extremely impressive figure. It's like she's dropped into these minor roles in major franchises so they can use her for the promo. I always laugh because there's a disconnect between how present she is in whatever she's acting in, and how visible she is as a representative of the film/show/series. But she's awesome, and basically loved by everyone, so I get it.

As for Phasma though, I suspect she's dead. While she may have otherwise survived because of her armour, I thought the entire purpose (or one of them) in having her helmet cracked through is that she was exposed enough such that her armour would be rendered ineffective. Plus, I think it's probably necessary for the Stormtroopers to be "leaderless" (or to have a new, less effective leader) in IX. We'll see!

Last edited by nickandnora on Thu 25 Jan 2018, 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Thu 25 Jan 2018, 9:23 am

cherrylipstick wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:

@Teo oswald

@cherrylipstick

I'm the same with you, Gwendoline was much more fun as a promoter for the film. For her character itself, it's a big meh. If Finn were to have his own Stormtrooper uprising plot for IX, then I certainly see her coming back. She's his direct antagonist.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 25 Jan 2018, 12:50 pm

nickandnora wrote:@DeeBee Their relationship also has a "brothers who are rivals" type of feel to it as well. I just love it. It's really one of those things that has crept up on me, the desire to see Hux vs. Kylo in Episode IX. These films are really good at having things creep up on you. Smile

(Sacredest.text.EVER.)
@nickandnora

I love this idea so much! Not only because of my unlikely, but favored personal headcanon that post-IX that Ben will be a professor of history/religious studies/ancient languages in the Outer Rim, lol, but because this kind of ending would be wonderful. A true starting over with lessons truly learned. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 25 Jan 2018, 1:10 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
nickandnora wrote:@DeeBee Their relationship also has a "brothers who are rivals" type of feel to it as well. I just love it. It's really one of those things that has crept up on me, the desire to see Hux vs. Kylo in Episode IX. These films are really good at having things creep up on you. Smile

(Sacredest.text.EVER.)
@nickandnora

I love this idea so much! Not only because of my unlikely, but favored personal headcanon that post-IX that Ben will be a professor of history/religious studies/ancient languages in the Outer Rim, lol, but because this kind of ending would be wonderful.  A true starting over with lessons truly learned. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

I know, it's a lovely thought! In terms of my own personal headcanons, I visualize Ben having penned this during one final long absence from Rey (like perhaps he escapes for a time and goes into hiding, and she does her own thing for a time until she senses where he is and that it's time to join him), and then revealing it to her... while simultaneously revealing the house he constructed, on the lovely island he found, with a beautiful view of the ocean. Seriously, can you imagine. Picture that setting, and Ben saying: "Rey... I wrote this - it's the story of us."

Nine months later to that exact minute, Rey gives birth to baby #1. Laughing

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 25 Jan 2018, 1:38 pm

So, Renperor moves his throne to Mustafar Castle or keeps flying around in semi-broken Supremacy?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 25 Jan 2018, 3:52 pm

vaderito wrote:So, Renperor moves his throne to Mustafar Castle or keeps flying around in semi-broken Supremacy?
@vaderito

In my headcanon, the Supremacy is a loss, and he moves his throne to the Finalizer. Could the Supremacy even be salvageable with the damage that it sustained?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Thu 25 Jan 2018, 4:38 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
vaderito wrote:So, Renperor moves his throne to Mustafar Castle or keeps flying around in semi-broken Supremacy?
@vaderito

In my headcanon, the Supremacy is a loss, and he moves his throne to the Finalizer. Could the Supremacy even be salvageable with the damage that it sustained?
@ISeeAnIsland

Did we find out yet if the Finalizer was destroyed in Holdo's attack on the Supremacy? Because I know it looked like all the ships with the Supremacy were split in half as well.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 25 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm

whisperingwillow wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

Did we find out yet if the Finalizer was destroyed in Holdo's attack on the Supremacy? Because I know it looked like all the ships with the Supremacy were split in half as well.
@whisperingwillow

It's entirely possible that the Finalizer was destroyed. I'm just going off of how things worked in my head. Razz

I do think it was interesting that they were able to get all of those gorilla walkers and that giant gun down to Crait, given the state of the fleet. But maybe that's overthinking things.

My guess is that if JJ wants to use the Supremacy or Finalizer in IX, they will have turned out to have "survived" the attack.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 25 Jan 2018, 5:21 pm

@vaderito

Good point about Kylo having to find a new base since the Supremacy is gone. I was hoping the Finalizer was still intact (mostly because of Mitaka), but someone here pointed out it was likely all the accompanying destroyers were destroyed too. I don’t know if we know that for a fact though?

Mustafar seems like a good option since Vader’s castle is there and I don’t think Kylo is necessarily as concerned with having a mobile base of operations like Snoke was.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 25 Jan 2018, 5:37 pm

Kessel wrote:
@vaderito

Good point about Kylo having to find a new base since the Supremacy is gone. I was hoping the Finalizer was still intact (mostly because of Mitaka), but someone here pointed out it was likely all the accompanying destroyers were destroyed too. I don’t know if we know that for a fact though?

Mustafar seems like a good option since Vader’s castle is there and I don’t think Kylo is necessarily as concerned with having a mobile base of operations like Snoke was.
@Kessel

The more I think about this, the more I like it. It's probably unlikely that Vader's castle on Mustafar was introduced in Rogue One to be a one-and-done thing.

Also, Kylo moving his base of operations to Mustafar is one of those things that seems Dark/Evil on the surface, but actually makes a lot of sense for the character. So if TPTB want to feed the Evil and Eviler Kylo thing, it's a pretty innocuous way to do so without having him actually do something that's actually evil.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 25 Jan 2018, 5:49 pm

Mustafar fits in with the Byronic aesthetic, though I'm more of a lake house in Naboo kind of girl. So it's either Mustafar, or a new ship Lucasfilm will introduce to sell more toys imo.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Thu 25 Jan 2018, 5:56 pm

@ISeeAnIsland @Kessel @vaderito

Mustafar would be cool, this Emperor / Dark Prince deserves a Castle! let's add more fairy tale stuff Embarassed
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 25 Jan 2018, 6:03 pm

lauvamp wrote:@ISeeAnIsland @Kessel @vaderito

Mustafar would be cool, this Emperor / Dark Prince deserves a Castle! let's add more fairy tale stuff Embarassed
@lauvamp

And it would bring the franchise full circle back around to the PT and where it all supposedly started. If they wanted to go for some chiasmus along with satisfying the completists.

RIP Finalizer and that's a good question about the Gorilla Walkers. Though all that speculation and merch 'spoilers' and they were only there to sell toys for Christmas and the collector's market.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 25 Jan 2018, 6:21 pm

@lauvamp

It could be a Hades/Persephone parallel, too.

Okay, speculation time, but bear with me.

So people think Ben and Rey will meet each other again when Leia dies, and Rey feels Ben's despair. It could be interesting if Ben was on Mustafar at that moment - the very place where Anakin became Vader. So you could say he's in Hell, literally.

Mustafar is said by Kanan Jarrus to be "the place where Jedi go to die". So there is emphasis in TLJ how Luke is the last Jedi, and we are lead to believe that now, Rey is... but let's face it, Rey may have the compassionate spirit and the determination of the Light Side and the Jedi, but between her and Ben, if you see it from a training perspective alone, you could also say Ben is the last Jedi as well.

If Leia's death is caused by Hux going behind Ben's back, I think he'd definitely be at a point where he'd be pretty desperate and believe that all that's left to do for him is to die.

Let's say Rey and Ben decide to meet up, behind their respective factions' back, in an attempt to end the war once and for all by taking down the First Order from the inside. I think them meeting up on Naboo would be symbolic, not only because it's Padmé's planet, but also because it's a very lush planet, covered with forests. And forests represent birth. Or rebirth. Wink
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 25 Jan 2018, 8:49 pm

Irina de France wrote:

@lauvamp

It could be a Hades/Persephone parallel, too.

Okay, speculation time, but bear with me.

So people think Ben and Rey will meet each other again when Leia dies, and Rey feels Ben's despair. It could be interesting if Ben was on Mustafar at that moment - the very place where Anakin became Vader. So you could say he's in Hell, literally.

Mustafar is said by Kanan Jarrus to be "the place where Jedi go to die". So there is emphasis in TLJ how Luke is the last Jedi, and we are lead to believe that now, Rey is... but let's face it, Rey may have the compassionate spirit and the determination of the Light Side and the Jedi, but between her and Ben, if you see it from a training perspective alone, you could also say Ben is the last Jedi as well.

If Leia's death is caused by Hux going behind Ben's back, I think he'd definitely be at a point where he'd be pretty desperate and believe that all that's left to do for him is to die.

Let's say Rey and Ben decide to meet up, behind their respective factions' back, in an attempt to end the war once and for all by taking down the First Order from the inside. I think them meeting up on Naboo would be symbolic, not only because it's Padmé's planet, but also because it's a very lush planet, covered with forests. And forests represent birth. Or rebirth. Wink
@Irina de France

Ooooh.. I am loving this scenario. Hopefully JJ is planning something similar, I can totally see Rey and Kylo reuniting after Kylo learns about Leia's death and Rey sees his pain through the bond and goes to comfort him.. Reylo in Naboo would be so romantic..
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 25 Jan 2018, 10:56 pm

@lauvamp

I love the idea of Kylo starting Episode IX with a castle on Mustafar.

@tukicarreno - Rey and Kylo meeting on Naboo would be the icing on the cake, in a reversal of the PT.

Another parallel is Vader also spent time on Mustafar thinking about Padme. I could see Kylo spending time there thinking about Rey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next