Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Force Awakens Novelisation "That voice"

3 posters

Go down

Force Awakens Novelisation "That voice" Empty Force Awakens Novelisation "That voice"

Post by highleycreative Mon 12 Feb 2018, 6:49 am

Hello lovely Reylo fans,

I've listened to my second audiobook read through of The Force Awakens and a few things stood out for me. In particular the use the writer's wording and if you think it is just a coincidence or purposeful.

So the first focus is on the word "that". Yes - epic I know!

EXHIBIT A - The Vision in Maz's castle.
Around her now: barren, snowy woods, the sounds of unknown forest creatures, and a conviction that she must be losing her mind. Once more she climbed to her feet, her chilled breath preceding her. From in front of her, not far away, came the sounds of battle: the cries of the wounded and the clashing of weapons. Then behind her, another voice.
That voice.
“Stay here. I’ll come back for you.”
She whirled, glazed eyes desperately scanning the dark gaps between the slender trees, trying to penetrate the darkness.
“Where are you?” She started running toward the voice.
“I’ll come back, sweetheart. I promise.”

EXHIBIT B - Interrogation scene when Ren removes his helmet
It was almost sensitive. If not for the intensity of his gaze, Ren could have passed for someone she might have met on the dusty streets of Niima Outpost. Be there was - that gaze. That, and what lay simmering behind it.

As a side to this, I also noticed how often they referring to Kylo feeling "something there" when he is interrogating Rey. When he sit's in the pilot's seat of the Millenium Falcon he also feels "something".

Love to hear your thoughts x

highleycreative
highleycreative
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://wayofthepathfinder.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Force Awakens Novelisation "That voice" Empty Re: Force Awakens Novelisation "That voice"

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 12 Feb 2018, 11:52 pm

Was this the adult novelization or the junior novelization?

(It turns out that the junior novelization had some interesting "late adds" that were amended to the print version after the e-reader version had already been submitted.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Force Awakens Novelisation "That voice" Empty Re: Force Awakens Novelisation "That voice"

Post by highleycreative Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:36 am

@ISeeAnIsland this is the adult novelisaton
highleycreative
highleycreative
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://wayofthepathfinder.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 05 Jan 2019, 4:28 pm

Its what Han says to Qi'Ra in Solo when she gets left behind...well not the whole line. "I'll come back for you!, I'll come back for you!"

The "Sweetheart" made me think of Han when I originally read the novel.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down