Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+72
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
RealAnise
ladyMxx
Mila Lazarus
DeeBee
guardienne
Sad Man
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
LadyGaufrette
KiraRen2015
Riri
loversinthestorm
Atenais
giaciak2
Lily Snape
Armadeus
IoJovi
SanghaRen
rey09
bashfulblueeyes3
kroi
GiGiMarie
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Tex
followmylead-kylodriver
Mila95
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Helix
MindAndMagic
lauvamp
EchoBase
unicorn
Darth_marshmallow
vaderito
Saracene
Good-olio Raeh
SkyStar
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Moonlight13
tukicarreno
PrincessPorg
Ramblingrose
Starliteprism
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
twilekempire
Birdwoman
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
special_cases
rawpowah
Night Huntress
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Dar-ren19
snufkin
Teo oswald
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Rey
motherofpearl1
76 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:09 pm

Now...that is interesting coming from Daisy. I have this weird idea that in IX Daisy is going to regret her decision.....I keep thinking back to the lightsabre shattering. Neither of them are wrong....or right.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by nickandnora Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:15 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Now...that is interesting coming from Daisy. I have this weird idea that in IX Daisy is going to regret her decision.....I keep thinking back to the lightsabre shattering. Neither of them are wrong....or right.
@motherofpearl1

Yeah, I basically think we're going to pick both of them up in IX being more regretful than even us Reylos are giving them credit for in our speculations. In makes sense though; they have a long way to go to get to the end of this thing in 2-3 hours and it would almost make sense in terms of pacing if J.J. was basically: "OK, first five minutes: Kylo's regretful and pining, Rey's regretful and pining, cue first forcebond scene... now." Basically, I think they're going to be farther along their end character trajectory than we're giving them credit for when we see the opening crawl. A small time jump (just as long as is necessary for logistics and pining purposes, 6 months to 1 year or so) will help here as well.

In addition, I really don't think we're going to see "evil" or "tyrant" Kylo at all, and I think Rey will probably pick up on this whenever they're allowed (by the Force) to interact again because she's going to notice that a) The First Order has mysteriously stopped specifically trying to target the Resistance, allowing them to gain traction and support, and b) things in the galaxy actually aren't TOO bad, all things considering. I truly believe the last (big) hurrah of Kylo Ren was on Crait. He's going to firmly be in "Darcy trying to right his wrongs" territory in IX.

Last edited by nickandnora on Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:21 pm

I'm not sure Rey's going to regret not taking Kylo's offer. It was a horrible offer under horrible circumstances and pretty objectively wrong in my eyes. I think she'll be generally sad about her disconnect with Kylo, though. And I'm certain that tension is going to come up between her and the Resistance over her keeping her former interactions and connection with Kylo a secret.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:25 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Now...that is interesting coming from Daisy. I have this weird idea that in IX Daisy is going to regret her decision.....I keep thinking back to the lightsabre shattering. Neither of them are wrong....or right.
@motherofpearl1

*If* we get a Benporer situation (i.e. Ben truly trying to build something new and being a good ruler), I think it would be natural for Rey to question her decision if she sees that he's doing good things....especially if the Resistance is basically down to carrying out guerilla tactics or ends up de-railing some of Ben's good efforts at some point.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:26 pm

ZioRen wrote:I'm not sure Rey's going to regret not taking Kylo's offer. It was a horrible offer under horrible circumstances and pretty objectively wrong in my eyes. I think she'll be generally sad about her disconnect with Kylo, though. And I'm certain that tension is going to come up between her and the Resistance over her keeping her former interactions and connection with Kylo a secret.
@ZioRen

Not regretful about not taking the offer, no. But probably regretful about not saying a word to him and instead just going for his lightsaber. Rey is an "act first, think later" type of individual, and I think that particular action might be the one she ends up apologizing to him for, if they meet again at the beginning of the next film.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:32 pm

Yess he's not evil yay! Daisy has probs been hanging around Adam too much. Every interview hes given where the interviewer is like "whats it like being evil" he ALWAYS says Kylo doesnt think hes evil, he thinks hes right. Lol. He did say in one interview though that TLJ explored the conflict of his faith aka ideology,, so we'll probs see more of that in 9!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm

Right now I have my doubts about seeing a regretful Rey. I simply don't think the writers/directors are willing to go there with her character, as shown by the mind-boggling scene of her woohooing in the Falcon after their emotional separation, as if nothing had happened. And the FO is clearly the evil side. TLJ drew the lines in the sand pretty clearly. I didn't see much grey as far as the Resistance vs the FO was concerned Laughing

At most I expect a Jane Eyre/Rivers situation, where she's content helping out and doing good with the Resistance, but feeling that her true belonging is with Ben. When he gets his sith together and calls out to her, she'll be there just like Jane was when she heard Rochester call her. But until then, she's going to have her pew pew pew adventures.

edit: The fact that Daisy and Adam mention so often that "Kylo thinks he's right", seems like a setup for him to be proven the opposite.

Last edited by rawpowah on Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:46 pm

rawpowah wrote:Right now I have my doubts about seeing a regretful Rey. I simply don't think the writers/directors are willing to go there with her character, as shown by the mind-boggling scene of her woohooing in the Falcon after their emotional separation, as if nothing had happened.

At most I expect a Jane Eyre/Rivers situation, where she's content helping out and doing good with the Resistance, but feeling that her true belonging is with Ben. When he gets his sith together and calls out to her, she'll be there just like Jane was when she heard Rochester call her. But until then, she's going to have her pew pew pew adventures.
@rawpowah

Agreed. I don't think she'll be tempted to or sad to not have chosen to stay with Kylo and rule the galaxy with him no matter how much good Kylo may do (which, honestly, I don't think we'll see much of. I think at most we're going to see him refuse to massacre a bunch of people or build another Starkiller and that'll be our insight into him not being horrible even as Supreme Leader. Nothing about what he or the narrative have presented sounds like he's going to be shown as a leader the galaxy should have to me. I don't even think this is what he really wants at all. Rian still called Kylo's proposed ideas "sick and evil" despite the sincerity for a reason).

I DO think, of course, that she'll definitely have a Ben-shaped hole in her heart and still a strong personal stake in what decision Kylo makes. Kylo and the First Order will have to and will be stopped, but if Kylo makes the decision to be the one to stop it and needs her aid, she'll go because she knows her belonging is with him and his with her. I also suspect that she may get her hackles raised over any Resistance plans that specifically target Kylo. I still have a strong image in my head of a dogfight where Poe has a killing shot locked on Kylo until Rey notices and knocks him out of sorts before he can fire.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:01 pm

ZioRen wrote:

Agreed. I don't think she'll be tempted to or sad to not have chosen to stay with Kylo and rule the galaxy with him no matter how much good Kylo may do (which, honestly, I don't think we'll see much of. I think at most we're going to see him refuse to massacre a bunch of people or build another Starkiller and that'll be our insight into him not being horrible even as Supreme Leader. Nothing about what he or the narrative have presented sounds like he's going to be shown as a leader the galaxy should have to me. I don't even think this is what he really wants at all).

I DO think, of course, that she'll definitely have a Ben-shaped hole in her heart and still a strong personal stake in what decision Kylo makes. Kylo and the First Order will have to and will be stopped, but if Kylo makes the decision to be the one to stop it and needs her aid, she'll go because she knows her belonging is with him and his with her. I also suspect that she may get her hackles raised over any Resistance plans that specifically target Kylo. I still have a strong image in my head of a dogfight where Poe has a killing shot locked on Kylo until Rey notices and knocks him out of sorts before he can fire.
@ZioRen

It will be a missed opportunity if JJ doesn't include a scene where Armitage "100 Starkiller Bases" Hux suggests building yet ANOTHER Death Star, only to be refused by Ben. Laughing It would be so meta.

Yeah I don't see IX going heavily into the politics of Supreme Leader Ren. If anything, that will be saved for the novelization or some other material set between TLJ and IX, depending on how much time passes between movies and what JJ wants to do.

Alternatively, because we know Kylo doesn't really want his new job and misses his Skype girlfriend, we might see him depicted as going through a sort of depressive phase where he basically does nothing as Supreme Leader, which would allow Hux to work his villainous magic in the background. To add to that, if Leia is killed off, that would also contribute to his depression. If JJ wants to redeem Kylo, having him be inactive is a good way to keep the blood off his hands. Less "ashes of his enemies", JJ. Laughing

I have a similar strong image to yours. Rey's protectiveness over Kylo might be what leads to the Resistance discovering their connection. Either Poe has a shot to kill Kylo, or the Resistance plans some sort of attack and Rey does something to stop it. We'll see what JJ does.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:08 pm

rawpowah wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

Agreed. I don't think she'll be tempted to or sad to not have chosen to stay with Kylo and rule the galaxy with him no matter how much good Kylo may do (which, honestly, I don't think we'll see much of. I think at most we're going to see him refuse to massacre a bunch of people or build another Starkiller and that'll be our insight into him not being horrible even as Supreme Leader. Nothing about what he or the narrative have presented sounds like he's going to be shown as a leader the galaxy should have to me. I don't even think this is what he really wants at all).

@ZioRen

It will be a missed opportunity if JJ doesn't include a scene where Armitage "100 Starkiller Bases" Hux suggests building yet ANOTHER Death Star, only to be refused by Ben. Laughing It would be so meta.

Yeah I don't see IX going heavily into the politics of Supreme Leader Ren. If anything, that will be saved for the novelization or some other material set between TLJ and IX, depending on how much time passes between movies and what JJ wants to do.

Alternatively, because we know Kylo doesn't really want his new job and misses his Skype girlfriend, we might see him depicted as going through a sort of depressive phase where he basically does nothing as Supreme Leader, which would allow Hux to work his villainous magic in the background. To add to that, if Leia is killed off, that would also contribute to his depression. If JJ wants to redeem Kylo, having him be inactive is a good way to keep the blood off his hands. Less "ashes of his enemies", JJ. Laughing

I have a similar strong image to yours. Rey's protectiveness over Kylo might be what leads to the Resistance discovering their connection. Either Poe has a shot to kill Kylo, or the Resistance plans some sort of attack and Rey does something to stop it. We'll see what JJ does.
@rawpowah

Yeah the reason I doubt we're going to get a lot of Supreme Leader Kylo politics is because it seems like he believes the Resistance and everybody else he considers an enemy must be wiped out before the galaxy can start anew. Basically he plans to salt the Earth before starting to implement whatever change he thinks should be made. And since the Resistance obviously remains, his focus will be on countering it before he ultimately makes his turn for the better. Or, as you suggested, he'll be somewhat listless and not acting, though with all the trouble Rian went through to set Kylo up as the leader, it might be better to actually show him being one. I'm pretty sure either way they're going to show his humanity by having him refuse to kill a planet full of civilians while Hux is determined to. Hux is still there, I'm sure, to be Kylo's foil and probably to carry out a coup. I'm thinking he'll do so by turning Kylo's Knights of Ren against him by revealing it was Kylo who killed the Supreme Leader. They're the only ones other than a bunch of soldiers who can handle Kylo with their Force Sensitivity.

And yeah, my thought is that perhaps Poe or others have their suspicions and Rey doing something to protect Kylo solidifies them (or she'll confide in Finn and Finn will spill the beans out of concern for her. Maybe both?) On the other side, I think something similar will set Hux off. Maybe he'll have his suspicions already and specifically order an attack where he knows Rey is and Kylo will impede it.

Last edited by ZioRen on Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:08 pm

@rawpowah

Regarding the woohooing scene, remember this Leia line "save your sorrow till after the fight" the Rebel woman quoted after Leia mary poppins scene. That line is literally Rey all over! We see her sorrow at the end when she looks over at Finn/Rose with a gentle smile holding the two broke parts of the lightsaber (symbolising her broken relationship with Ben?)

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:11 pm

nickandnora wrote:
ZioRen wrote:I'm not sure Rey's going to regret not taking Kylo's offer. It was a horrible offer under horrible circumstances and pretty objectively wrong in my eyes. I think she'll be generally sad about her disconnect with Kylo, though. And I'm certain that tension is going to come up between her and the Resistance over her keeping her former interactions and connection with Kylo a secret.
@ZioRen

Not regretful about not taking the offer, no. But probably regretful about not saying a word to him and instead just going for his lightsaber. Rey is an "act first, think later" type of individual, and I think that particular action might be the one she ends up apologizing to him for, if they meet again at the beginning of the next film.
@nickandnora

nickandnora wrote:
@ZioRen

@nickandnora

Exactly how I see her. She attacked Finn in TFA just because BB said hed stole Poes jacket, and she attacked Luke on Acht To after he blew up the hut. In her own way she is as full of rage as Kylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:24 pm

rawpowah wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@ZioRen

@rawpowah

I think there's a good possibility that JJ goes with the 'depressed Kylo who pines after Rey' route too. I think he got all his rage and tantrums out of his system on Crait and his final scene is a good indicator of how hollow and empty he probably feels now. And if the final act of the trilogy is Rey and Ben transitioning from adolescence to adulthood, then he has to enter some stage of maturity eventually which is why I think the tantrums are done for now. He'll probably be in a wallowing in depression phase for a while in IX.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:26 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Yeah the reason I doubt we're going to get a lot of Supreme Leader Kylo politics is because it seems like he believes the Resistance and everybody else must be wiped out before the galaxy can start anew. Basically he plans to salt the Earth before starting to implement whatever change he thinks should be made. And since the Resistance obviously remains, his focus will be on countering it before he ultimately makes his turn for the better. Or, as you suggested, he'll be somewhat listless and not acting, though with all the trouble Rian went through to set Kylo up as the leader, it might be better to actually show him being one. I'm pretty sure either way they're going to show his humanity by having him refuse to kill a planet full of civilians while Hux is determined to. Hux is still there, I'm sure, to be Kylo's foil and probably to carry out a coup. I'm thinking he'll do so by turning Kylo's Knights of Ren against him by revealing it was Kylo who killed the Supreme Leader. They're the only ones other than a bunch of soldiers who can handle Kylo with their Force Sensitivity.

And yeah, my thought is that perhaps Poe or others have their suspicions and Rey doing something to protect Kylo solidifies them (or she'll confide in Finn and Finn will spill the beans out of concern for her. Maybe both?) On the other side, I think something similar will set Hux off. Perhaps he'll have his suspicions already and specifically order an attack where he knows Rey is and Kylo will impede it.
@ZioRen

Also lots of politics doesn't necessarily means entertainment. JJ might feel the need to keep things fast paced, and political discussions might be too boring for kids and too reminiscent of the prequels.

For me, placing Kylo and Hux in opposition would be enough to show how he's like as a leader and to send him towards redemption. I think having Hux as Kylo's foil and hammering that in will be important. If people refuse to see the differences between them because "reeeee he killed Han Solo", then really there's no hope for them anymore. They were never on board the redemption train to begin with and nothing would have changed their minds. Kylo could dress and feed all the orphans in the galaxy, and it still wouldn't be enough for them.

If the Knights of Ren appear and they betray Kylo or something, that would help in making him even more sympathetic. And we also need a duel of sorts in this movie, so they would fit the bill since Kylo and Rey won't be able to kill each other.

I also imagined a possibility where Hux acts on his suspicions by placing Rey in a dangerous situation. The novelization and movie set this up perfectly. I also pictured some initial attacks against Kylo from the Resistance, similar to the ones against Padme in AotC (the KoR would be his bodyguards and basically the military version of Padme's handmaidens).
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:39 pm

@ZioRen
And yeah, my thought is that perhaps Poe or others have their suspicions and Rey doing something to protect Kylo solidifies them (or she'll confide in Finn and Finn will spill the beans out of concern for her. Maybe both?) On the other side, I think something similar will set Hux off. Perhaps he'll have his suspicions already and specifically order an attack where he knows Rey is and Kylo will impede it.
I'm really, really pulling for Rey and Ben having a really long, heartfelt Force bonding session (in her room?) and Finn spying/overhearing at the door and realizing what he's listening to, and basically running to Poe with the info right away before Rey even has a chance to defend herself. Not because I want Finn to be a jerk, but because I kind of want Rey to be blindsided with the accusation by the men, and have the one woman (Rose) be her sole defender, at least initially if that makes sense.

Plus, something about Finn actually witnessing it firsthand speaks to me more dramatically then her confessing to it or them finding out in some other kind of passive way.

Last edited by nickandnora on Mon 19 Mar 2018, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 19 Mar 2018, 2:38 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

*If* we get a Benporer situation (i.e. Ben truly trying to build something new and being a good ruler), I think it would be natural for Rey to question her decision if she sees that he's doing good things....especially if the Resistance is basically down to carrying out guerilla tactics or ends up de-railing some of Ben's good efforts at some point.
@ISeeAnIsland

I would love that scenario sooo much! I'm not sure how realistic it is and I truly try to have low expectations... but I would LOVE it and it certainly something most of the GA won't expect!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 19 Mar 2018, 2:46 pm

If they wanted to do any kind of opening like RotJ, it could be Hux showing up to the sight of his big new project because he loves his weapons to do an inspection as an inversion of "the Emperor is not as forgiving as I am." And they could show Kylo surrupticiously trying to do some Skype calls to Rey a la Vader trying to reach Luke b/c one of the deleted scenes shows him constructing his new saber (the one Rey now has that's split in half) while ignoring it.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 19 Mar 2018, 3:19 pm

More tidbits from Rian's commentary:

*Rian smashed Kylo's helmet himself. The initial take just had it split in half, but he wanted to do another take with it smashed to bits so RJ took his foot to it.
*The first thing Rian wanted to see in the editing room was the Force connection scenes between Kylo and Rey.
*The 3-frame dissolves in the scene when Kylo is considering shooting at Leia’s ship were meant to mirror the dissolve cuts between Luke and Vader in Empire.
*Rian has a cameo in the movie. This is his gloved hand pulling down the dice:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Tumblr_p3p80thqmk1tpk0vyo5_540

*This moment becomes a lot more tragic with Rian's insight:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Tumblr_p5tbe1SYtx1v42jzoo1_540

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Tumblr_p5tbe1SYtx1v42jzoo2_540

“But this moment of Luke brushing the dirt off his shoulder is a little cheeky. […] And I like the idea that that’s kind of an un-referenced callback to something in their training that they had together or something like that.”
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 19 Mar 2018, 3:31 pm

nickandnora wrote:@rawpowah
I'm really, really pulling for Rey and Ben having a really long, heartfelt Force bonding session (in her room?) and Finn spying/overhearing at the door and realizing what he's listening to, and basically running to Poe with the info right away before Rey even has a chance to defend herself. Not because I want Finn to be a jerk, but because I kind of want Rey to be blindsided with the accusation by the men, and have the one woman (Rose) be her sole defender, at least initially if that makes sense.

Plus, something about Finn actually witnessing it firsthand speaks to me more dramatically then her confessing to it or them finding out in some other kind of passive way.
@nickandnora

I think you tagged the wrong person, because I never said that and I don't really think Finn would rat Rey out like that.

However, I do believe that Rey and Finn's friendship will somehow be tested.

rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 19 Mar 2018, 4:24 pm

rawpowah wrote:
nickandnora wrote:@rawpowah

@nickandnora

I think you tagged the wrong person, because I never said that and I don't really think Finn would rat Rey out like that.

However, I do believe that Rey and Finn's friendship will somehow be tested.

@rawpowah

Sorry about that! I fixed it. It was ZioRen's post.

(That's what I get for trying to shorten text to make my post more streamlined.)

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 19 Mar 2018, 4:59 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:

“But this moment of Luke brushing the dirt off his shoulder is a little cheeky. […] And I like the idea that that’s kind of an un-referenced callback to something in their training that they had together or something like that.”
@Kylo Rey

I’m glad to hear that as I was initially a little annoyed when I saw Luke doing that gesture because it was cheesy and looked like he was just trolling Kylo. I’m glad there may be a more meaningful and nuanced point to the gesture, at least in Rian’s mind.

It would be great if LFL incorporated this in their Luke and Ben tie-in stories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 19 Mar 2018, 5:08 pm

@Riri I think the broken lightsaber has multiple meanings one of those is that you said
 the lightsaber represent the broken relationship between them but also their hearts
  it is obvious that Rey is not 100% happy, she does not have Ben by her side, yet she keeps her pain inside because now she can not let off steam,

@Kessel

maybe he behaves like that because he imitates a behavior that Ben had when they were together Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 19 Mar 2018, 5:28 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

I would love that scenario sooo much! I'm not sure how realistic it is and I truly try to have low expectations... but I would LOVE it and it certainly something most of the GA won't expect!
@Night Huntress

After the amazing stuff we got in TLJ, I personally am not going to manage my expectations.  JJ is going to go big and risky. He wants to live down that "rehash" criticism.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 19 Mar 2018, 6:14 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

@Night Huntress

After the amazing stuff we got in TLJ, I personally am not going to manage my expectations.  JJ is going to go big and risky. He wants to live down that "rehash" criticism.
@SoloSideCousin

I want total Reylo extravagance from JJ, with their own theme tune, kiss and redemption. I’m feeling impatient just thinking about this as I think we’re entering the lean months soon
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 19 Mar 2018, 6:18 pm

Kessel wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:

@Kylo Rey

I’m glad to hear that as I was initially a little annoyed when I saw Luke doing that gesture because it was cheesy and looked like he was just trolling Kylo. I’m glad there may be a more meaningful and nuanced point to the gesture, at least in Rian’s mind.

It would be great if LFL incorporated this in their Luke and Ben tie-in stories.
@Kessel

Was literally just rewatching Luke vs Kylo and the moment when Kylo thinks he's killed Luke, the relief on his face is so evident and palpable. Then when he turns around and sees his uncle still alive, still there haunting him like the boogeyman out of his nightmares, the terror and hurt in his eyes returns full force. AD sells that moment really well. JJ HAS to capitalise on what Rian set up with the "see ya around kid." It's necessary imo. They have unfinished business with each other. I see some people saying that Luke should return as a FG to Rey but I'm just like... no? They never really struck up a relationship and didn't end on very good terms. I don't feel like there's much drama left there to mine. Whereas Ben is his own blood and it just feels like there is still something left to explore there, especially now Carrie Fisher has sadly passed away.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next