Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Teo oswald
Man Without A Star
Apriljandy
rey09
TheLastJedi
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Riri
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
tukicarreno
EchoBase
AceofWands
justyou
Lovely_Rose
fuhry
Chris24601
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Mila95
rawpowah
roguepixie
MaddieDove
krissy01
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
SanghaRen
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
SkyStar
olyer
Geralt_Riv
Maria26
4forYouRey-lolo
Forsythia
RosiePancake
Tex
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
pacificwanderer
loversinthestorm
whisperingwillow
Atenais
KiraRen2015
Darth Rowan
Birdwoman
kroi
SheLitAFire
PrincessPorg
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
Piper Maru
nana7marie
Moonlight13
vaderito
Lily Snape
Marlow
snufkin
75 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Starliteprism Tue 08 Jan 2019, 12:22 pm

MrsWindu wrote:I saw this on Pacificwanderers Tumblr post with a link to a Reddit post (which I think has been nabbed off another post)

http://pacificwanderer.tumblr.com/post/181816798833/some-epix-leaks-and-speculation-another-crew

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/adlydr/my_christmas_presents_fresh_from_gfs_brothers/

So for those asking about the bottles:
The sand, and it is really fine sand is from a sacred place on a familiar planet. The beans are something to do with “A Jedi eater” whatever that means.

As far as I can make out the little bottle with ‘sand’ says ‘from a long time ago not so far away’ and the black beans says ‘swallows you up whole’ make of that what you will. There’s speculation of a creature that lives off Force Sensitives ?

@MrsWindu

Just ordered Rey's survival guide book and having had watched a youtube overview, there is mention of some strange things that are on Jakku, eg. a dude that sits on top of a column/pillar and no one knows why, areas where sand swallows things up, so could be a connection to Jakku, or not. As soon as I get the book, will share anything of interest.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by YeeRees Fri 11 Jan 2019, 7:49 pm

Has Domhnall Gleeson been on the Ep IX set since the end of August/very beginning of September? I ask because he’s currently filming Peter Rabbit 2 in Sydney and has worked on at least 2 other projects in the latter months of 2018. I guess JJ could have filmed the Hux scenes upfront to accommodate his other commitments. But I’m rethinking my attachment to the Hux coup theory...
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 12 Jan 2019, 12:46 pm

New adam article
https://deadline.com/2019/01/blackkklansman-adam-driver-spike-lee-interview-awards-news-ku-klux-klan-star-wars-1202533782/amp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

This year, you’ll complete your Star Wars trilogy with Episode IX. Has it felt like a marathon journey after all these years?

It’s been my second time doing something where it’s lasted six years. I think with Star Wars, it’s six years this year that I’ve known about it or been working on it. I had this experience once with Girls, where it was six or seven years from the moment we shot the pilot to the very last thing. Since I’ve been working, it’s what I’ve been used to, in a way, where you do your other things, and then you go back to see your friends. It’s always good to go back to those groups.

With Girls, there wasn’t really an end in sight, so it was fun to develop it as I went, and to think about where it was all going. With Star Wars, I had one piece of information of where it was all going, and that’s where it has been in my head for a long time, and things were building towards that. It feels very theatrical, if anything. Because in the plays that I’ve done, a six-month run, on the very last day, you finally feel like, “Oh, now I have a better understanding of what it is that I want to do. I wish we could do this all over again.” Working on a play, the questions you can ask yourself are infinite, and that’s what’s torturous about film sometimes – you only have one shot to get it right. And you can do a lot of takes, but we’re not all going to get back together again and do this. But for something you’re doing for six years, you still have a chance to go back and make something a little bit more articulated.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 12 Jan 2019, 1:48 pm

Riri wrote:
With Girls, there wasn’t really an end in sight, so it was fun to develop it as I went, and to think about where it was all going. With Star Wars, I had one piece of information of where it was all going, and that’s where it has been in my head for a long time, and things were building towards that. It feels very theatrical, if anything.
@Riri

So much for "they had no plan for the ST and just came-up with something on the way..." Rolling Eyes

Thank you for sharing, Riri! Cheek kiss

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Sat 12 Jan 2019, 3:23 pm

I really like this. As far as Kylo's character is concerned at least, it's evident there's always been a plan for him. TLJ continued where TFA left off in the process of his gradual humanization. The writing for his character has been very meticulous so far with lots of foreshadowing, so it is to be expected IX will not be an exception. Things have been building towards this end point, as Adam says. While it's not directly stated, my guess would be this is probably referring to Ben's ultimate heel-face turn.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 12 Jan 2019, 6:16 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
Riri wrote:
With Girls, there wasn’t really an end in sight, so it was fun to develop it as I went, and to think about where it was all going. With Star Wars, I had one piece of information of where it was all going, and that’s where it has been in my head for a long time, and things were building towards that. It feels very theatrical, if anything.
@Riri

So much for "they had no plan for the ST and just came-up with something on the way..." Rolling Eyes

Thank you for sharing, Riri! Cheek kiss

@Night Huntress

Plus it begs the question, what is the end? If he is answering that it feels like he accomplished something/feels theatrical then I would think it wouldn't be Kylo dying or getting exiled to never be seen again. Those aren't endings to build up towards.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 12 Jan 2019, 6:19 pm

SCREAMS BENDEMPTION !!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 12 Jan 2019, 8:36 pm

I really hope they play up this angle in the marketing. Like I hope JJ talks about it too, it's his original plan after all! Because in my experience, most fans, even the ones who love TLJ, don't think there was a plan, or that it's gone now.

I think it would be hilarious if Rian hosted the IX panel at Celebration and they talk about things like this.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 13 Jan 2019, 3:12 pm

JJ has to answer many things, for example what is the mystery box?
who better than him can do it. moreover it was he who set up the Reylo dynamics.
also I think that Kylo ren is the characters of this trilogy more accurate than the others and also he has his charm despite being the "bad guy". we have seen the worst of him, now we will see the best.
For sure JJ will do a nice job with this episode
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Mon 14 Jan 2019, 11:24 am

Teo oswald wrote:JJ has to answer many things, for example what is the mystery box?
@Teo oswald

This is a common mistake made by those unfamiliar with JJ's work. The Mystery Box isn't an actual mystery; its a story-telling structure named for the first part of the setup.

The gist of it is this;

Act One: The protagonist is given a box. What's in the box? Its a mystery. The scene is resolved by the protagonist opening the box.
Act Two: The protagonist finds a key in the box. What is it a key to? Its a mystery. The scene is resolved by the protagonist figuring out what the key is to.
Act Three: The protagonist figures out the key is to a door. What's behind the door? Its a mystery. The scene is resolve when the protagonist opens the door to find out what's behind it.

Essentially, each stage of the story is begun by being presented with a question that, when answered, leads to another question on and on until the story is resolved when there are no more mysteries to be solved.

So there is no specific "this is a yet unknown secret that will radically alter the plot" in JJ's story. The first mystery box was opened and answered when we learned that what Lor San Tekka gave to Poe was a map to Luke Skywalker (but that it was incomplete... completing it is then the next mystery in that arc).

Likewise, the mystery of Rey's parents was actually answered not soon thereafter when Maz informed Rey what she already knew deep down... her family, whoever they were, are never coming back (but that she can find the belonging she seeks with one who can come back, which is the next mystery for her to unravel. It leads her to Luke, but in understanding Luke's failures it leads her to Ben).

The entire reason people spent two years obsessing over Rey's "true parentage" (and are still hoping for RJ's reveal to proven a lie) was due to a similar misread that Rey's parentage was what was in the non-existent mystery box.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 14 Jan 2019, 11:51 am

Teo oswald wrote:JJ has to answer many things, for example what is the mystery box?
who better than him can do it. moreover it was he who set up the Reylo dynamics.
also I think that Kylo ren is the characters of this trilogy more accurate than the others  and also he has his charm despite being the "bad guy". we have seen the worst of him, now we will see the best.
@Teo oswald

Do you guys think they will still keep the Reylo component in secret during marketing for IX? Also would they still keep apart Adam & Daisy in interviews or photoshoots? I sort of feel now is the time to be more upfront about it, for people who still don't see it or get it. Plus all fans across the board will have the same expectations. I really hope JJ talks about Reylo clearly once the marketing starts at Celebration

Last edited by tukicarreno on Mon 14 Jan 2019, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by tukicarreno Mon 14 Jan 2019, 1:18 pm

Mila Lazarus wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:
also I think that Kylo ren is the characters of this trilogy more accurate than the others and also he has his charm despite being the "bad guy". we have seen the worst of him, now we will see the best.
@Teo oswald

Do you guys think they will still keep the Reylo component in secret during marketing for IX? Also would they still keep apart Adam & Daisy in interviews or photoshoots? I sort of feel now is the time to be more upfront about it, for people who still don't see it or get it. Plus all fans across the board will have the same expectations. I really really hope JJ talks about Reylo clearly once the marketing starts at Celebration
@tukicarreno

I would be surprised if JJ Abrams clarified his input on Reylo before EP IX comes out... It is probably the most important mystery of the ST, so if Abrams says today: "ok, Reylo was wanted since the beginning", it will be clear for everyone that Reylo will happen in IX. Probably good for Reylo fans, but not good at all for the marketing people... I don't think that Disney wants to lose all their anti-Reylo audience before the film comes on the big screen pirat
@Mila Lazarus

I guess so. But at the same time is better for people to have the right expectations going in... We shall see then. Who knows. I just wish we would have a Adam/Daisy photoshoot before this all ends! It's their last chance to do it, so here's hoping.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 14 Jan 2019, 4:34 pm

I think they'll admit that the set up for new trilogy was Reylo only in few years after IX or in some documentary maybe. There is no way they will clarify something like this in the marketing pre-IX. They want GA to believe that everything is possible while giving hard core fans some hints about story's vector overall.

JJ and Kasdan were talking about making an intro for ST and return the "feeling" of SW and that's what is TFA for GA while Kylo's identity/conflict, Solo family's and Luke's past and Rey's connection to the Force and Ben is the heart of TFA as part of Skywalker's Saga. JJ started talking about last part only after TFA's premiere. (I remember that a lot of us saw romantic cinematic language in Rey\Kylo scenes before JJ's comments for Blu-ray and oh boy there are still people who think that Jeffrey Jacob Abrams doesn't know how to shoot a movie and just accidentally shot protagonist\antagonist scenes in the same way the next director decided to execute their dynamic. What a coincidence! That's why KK and JJ cast Driver without audition. Driver being niche romantic lead is just... a coincidence! Can't believe RJ was so lucky.)

RJ was talking about unusual relationship between Rey and Luke as mentor and Rey and Kylo being co-protagonists, Kasdan and JJ were talking about TLJ being surprising and somewhat weird and that's what is TLJ for GA.

So JJ will talk how epic and entertaining and important is the IX episode because that's how GA will look at IX after premiere. Because it will be mostly entertaining with 100500 pointless adventures and new hollow designs just for sake of expanding SW universe, and Kylo-Ben\Leia story and Ben\Rey love story will be epic and important regardless of who is alive, who is good, who is in love and where is the justice!?! in the end.

And there will be only 100 active haters on Twitter\Tumblr, Finn's fanclub on that place and few fake ghost accounts on Mary Sue who will remember that Kylo mindraped Rey, threw her into tree (my fave) and forced intimacy. The same song they sang before TLJ and look where it took them. Yeah, yeah Lucasfilm would never, what about little girls, but but Kylo is antagonist. Yeah, that's the point - Kylo is protagonist who is antagonist and who is love interest and this is the story they are trying to make and this is as closer to something new in mythmaking with populist approach as we can get.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 15 Jan 2019, 4:46 pm

@Chris24601
thanks for the explanation, you explained beautifully Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 15 Jan 2019, 5:02 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
also I think that Kylo ren is the characters of this trilogy more accurate than the others  and also he has his charm despite being the "bad guy". we have seen the worst of him, now we will see the best.
@Teo oswald

Do you guys think they will still keep the Reylo component in secret during marketing for IX? Also would they still keep apart Adam & Daisy in interviews or photoshoots? I sort of feel now is the time to be more upfront about it, for people who still don't see it or get it. Plus all fans across the board will have the same expectations. I really hope JJ talks about Reylo clearly once the marketing starts at Celebration
@tukicarreno

In my opinion, the marketing will make their images appear ready to fight, against each other with the slogan "the time has come" "the last fight has come" but it's all a mask. because they can not say, no, do not worry, Ben and Rey will be together, they love each other.
It remains for the fans to find out what will happen in the film.
All they can do JJ, Daisy and Adam is not revealing too much. If they separated Daisy and Adam from the interviews, the situation would only get worse. They will throw the imput, this yes. an example was the trailer for the last jedi. "I need someone to show me my place "... and let's see Kylo. Everyone thought, "oh god what happens!!!" and then we saw what happened.

suspance sells,
reveal too much does not sell

It is possible, however, for JJ to say what Rey and Kylo are for each other. I hope so, but I think JJ will not reveal too much.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 15 Jan 2019, 6:57 pm

I'm not sure how overt the marketing will be about the romance. What was obvious to us in the TLJ trailer wasn't to others. Maybe emphasize their dynamic as central, but not explicitly describe it as romantic, like Jason Fry claiming "we don't even have a word to describe it because it's beyond our understanding!"
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 17 Jan 2019, 3:43 pm

A shoutout to Inverse. At least they do some research and listen to interviews.

https://www.inverse.com/article/52527-star-wars-episode-9-rumors-kylo-ren-ending-adam-driver-quote

An article on the old rumor of Snoke being back in IX. I laughed at “to make Kylo a menacing villain, a feat that is already tenuous at best”. Yes, he’s a lousy villain. The second paragraph is interesting. I like the idea.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 C4082c10

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2465288/star-wars-episode-9-rumors---will-we-see-snoke-again
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Fri 18 Jan 2019, 1:14 am

Chris24601 wrote:
@Teo oswald

This is a common mistake made by those unfamiliar with JJ's work. The Mystery Box isn't an actual mystery; its a story-telling structure named for the first part of the setup.

The gist of it is this;

Act One: The protagonist is given a box. What's in the box? Its a mystery. The scene is resolved by the protagonist opening the box.
Act Two: The protagonist finds a key in the box. What is it a key to? Its a mystery. The scene is resolved by the protagonist figuring out what the key is to.
Act Three: The protagonist figures out the key is to a door. What's behind the door? Its a mystery. The scene is resolve when the protagonist opens the door to find out what's behind it.

Essentially, each stage of the story is begun by being presented with a question that, when answered, leads to another question on and on until the story is resolved when there are no more mysteries to be solved.

So there is no specific "this is a yet unknown secret that will radically alter the plot" in JJ's story. The first mystery box was opened and answered when we learned that what Lor San Tekka gave to Poe was a map to Luke Skywalker (but that it was incomplete... completing it is then the next mystery in that arc).

Likewise, the mystery of Rey's parents was actually answered not soon thereafter when Maz informed Rey what she already knew deep down... her family, whoever they were, are never coming back (but that she can find the belonging she seeks with one who can come back, which is the next mystery for her to unravel. It leads her to Luke, but in understanding Luke's failures it leads her to Ben).

The entire reason people spent two years obsessing over Rey's "true parentage" (and are still hoping for RJ's reveal to proven a lie) was due to a similar misread that Rey's parentage was what was in the non-existent mystery box.

@Chris24601 Bravo! Even JJ might not have explained it so well! I might quote you! Smile
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Fri 18 Jan 2019, 3:56 pm

I was having a look into Hondo Ohnaka's entry on Star Wars Wikia and noticed an interesting entry...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Rumour10

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Rumour11

This was initially prompted by the fact that a youtuber did an overview of one of the new Star Wars cartoon books for kids(Pirate's Price) in which Hondo gets claim of the MF for a time and that Chewy had a pet porg before? It had me curious.

*time passes*

And looking into Lando's Luck book, he comes across a girl, who is a princess, and a stowaway named Princess Rinetta Gan. (I am squinting in the bottom picture as maybe she(potential Lando daughter?) could also be wearing a necklace, but hard to say.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Rinett10

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rinetta_Gan

Anyone think it's a stretch to think that maybe she becomes a love interest to Lando in the future and the leaked lady in the cape is their offspring?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Star_w10
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:54 am

californiagirl wrote:I'm not sure how overt the marketing will be about the romance. What was obvious to us in the TLJ trailer wasn't to others. Maybe emphasize their dynamic as central, but not explicitly describe it as romantic, like Jason Fry claiming "we don't even have a word to describe it because it's beyond our understanding!"
@californiagirl

he is right, sometimes it is better to use the actions than the words. the relationship between Rey and Kylo goes beyond words, to say exactly what they are is complicated. To be able to say: they are lovers, they are twin souls, it does not seem sufficient and does not do it justice Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 21 Jan 2019, 5:52 pm

californiagirl wrote:The super-duper-uber-hyper secretive IX set, as told by one Richard E. Grant.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a25980923/star-wars-richard-e-grant-episode-9-spoiler-prevention/

"It's extraordinary," he began. "They don't give you a script, you have to go to a room where there are bodyguards outside, closed-circuit television cameras, and it's printed on crimson pages so you can't photograph it. You have to read it in there, and then leave."

"You're given the pages on the day that you work, and you have to sign for them and sign out for them as well," Richard added. "There are security guards on the set."

The actor also shared that the production crew are on guard against drones as well, explaining that actors are hidden as they're taken to and from set so that no one will be able to get a picture of them in their costumes.

"They give you a cloak, over your head – because apparently they have drones going over Pinewood Studios so they try and take photographs of what people are playing," Richard shared.
@californiagirl

At least they know how to keep their scripts secret. not like HBO with game of thrones Razz
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40