Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray

5 posters

Go down

Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray Empty Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:57 pm

The cover of the novel was revealed at the New York Comic-Con.
Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray Master_and_apprenticehd
https://twitter.com/DelReyStarWars/status/1048301264755466240

The novel will be published on April 16, 2019.

A new Star Wars novel, taking place before the events of The Phantom Menace, featuring legacy characters Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

As Claudia Gray is the writer and she wrote good love stories, I think the novel will be about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's mission on Mandalore with focus on the romance between Obi-Wan and Satine.

https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-queens-shadow-revealed-and-more-from-the-lucasfilm-publishing-panel
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray Empty Re: Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 06 Oct 2018, 4:17 pm

I am beyond excited about this book! I have seen some people speculating that this book might take place during the Mandalorian uprising, when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are on the run with Satine, but personally I want something entirely new.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray Empty Re: Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 09 Oct 2018, 12:13 pm

@Man Without A Star
I love Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan so much I'll take anything with them, old or new stuff.

I speculated about Satine because of this old information.
Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo have an email chain detailing Obi-Wan and Duchess Satine’s scandalous back story
https://www.tor.com/2014/07/25/whats-next-for-star-wars-books-the-sdcc-new-dawn-panel-is-here/

From all the list of the SDCC 2014, the bit about Satine is the only one we still have no information.

Because of this, I've been waiting to see an adaptation of Obi-Wan's mission on Mandalore (the more likely place to see Satine's and his backstory). At first I thought it could be flashbacks in the Obi-wan movie, or the story of the third SW anthology rumored to be a romance movie. Now that I have a book in the good era with an author that I like, you can see that I placed my bet on it.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sat 06 Apr 2019, 12:27 am

BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 06 Apr 2019, 2:18 am

I believe that Master & Apprentice is before the mission on Mandalore. The second excerpt ( could be a flashback) that came out yesterday has Qui Gon as a 14-year-old apprentice to Dooku... Obi is 17 years old in this book I believe...

Claudia Gray said in an interview on the podcast What The Force that the mission on Mandalore would be a good period of time to cover in future content. I interpreted that to imply that it is not covered in her book.

However, I will be excited for the audiobook regardless
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 09 Apr 2019, 8:33 am

For the lucky ones going to the Celebration, here is the exclusive cover of the book.
Master and Apprentice novel by Claudia Gray MA-cover-SWCC
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-chicago-exclusives-revealed-part-2

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Claudia Gray said in an interview on the podcast What The Force that the mission on Mandalore would be a good period of time to cover in future content.
@spacebaby45678
And I completly agree with that statement.

I think you're right and that there won't be Mandalore in this novel which made me a little disappointed, but as I said earlier, I'll take anything with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in it. Even more if we have Dooku as a Jedi.

At this point I believe Lucasfilm still doesn't know which medium they want to use to tell Satine and Obi-Wan's backstory since this novel was a perfect opportunity for it. Nevermind, I am patient, I can wait longer.

LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:29 pm

@spacebaby45678
I took the prophecies you posted,
All the prophecies from Master & Apprentice

1)"She who will be born to darkness will give birth to darkness."

2)"When the righteous lose the light, evil once dead shall return."

3)"Only through sacrifice of many Jedi will the Order cleanse the sin done to the nameless."

4)"The danger of the past is not past, but sleeps in an egg. When the egg cracks, it will threaten the entire galaxy."

5)"A chosen one shall come, born of no father, and through him will ultimate balance in the force be restored."

Now we're like the Asoiaf fandom, trying to decipher cryptic propheties, and here are my speculations;
1)Leia, born from Vader and had given birth to Kylo Ren.
2)I don't know if the righteous is Luke only or Luke and his friends, and Palpatine returns,
or the corrupted Jedi let the Sith revive in the prelogy.
3)Order 66 and the nameless are the children given to the Jedi Order when they are still babies.
4)Someone suggested Palpatine and the Death Star.
5)Anakin, obviously. What I note is that the "through him" part could mean that the balance could come from his family line too, not only him.

I hate how in english there are some many times when you don't know if it's singular or plural.

Another question @spacebaby45678 , in the book does it says where the prophecies come from and if they were translated from another language (in another saga, in universe a neutral word was translated as a masculine word even though the feminine word would be more accurate).
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 13 May 2019, 10:52 pm

Okay, I am not quite done yet, but this book is *good*. Claudia is totally their premier writer right now. There is lot of information in here.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down