Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

+64
DarthRen
OrionStars
cherrylipstick
SkyStar
thescavenger
spacebaby45678
fuhry
olyer
Casper
ISeeAnIsland
ImperialReylo713
KiraRen2015
bashfulblueeyes3
ladyMxx
Maria26
SoloSideCousin
YeeRees
DeeBee
Saracene
Darth Rowan
MaddieDove
TracylovesOUAT
12 Parsnips
Mila Lazarus
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
PalmettoBlue
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
giaciak2
tukicarreno
rey09
roguepixie
Forsythia
Moonjump05
californiagirl
Chris24601
AhsokaTano
EchoBase
Mila95
Geralt_Riv
justyou
Atenais
Lily Snape
Kessel
nickandnora
ZioRen
SanghaRen
Lovely_Rose
rawpowah
special_cases
Man Without A Star
Riri
vaderito
lauvamp
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
LadyGaufrette
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
68 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by giaciak2 Tue 06 Nov 2018, 4:55 am

Only I would like to see Ben redeemed and not in exile? Cry
I'm writing a fan fiction starting from all canonical material that I find. Aftermath, Bloodline, comics (recently released Dart Vader N 22 which has some interesting revelations about Lord Vader), Rebels and Clone Wars (but there is more material ..). If you connect them all there are really two choices. Kill Ben to save Rey and the Galaxy from plane B of Palpatine (and/or Hux), or that Ben opens the portal of the worlds worlds and going back in time and saves his grandfather from ruin ... Maybe I have too much imagination but I think there is more of a way to get Ben redemption, alive, happy and without exile. If I am not a writer and I can do it, they can do more too. With an additional advantage. If Ben were to go back in time ... he can really be a super villain until the end.

If it ends with Rey and Ben happy and Rey pregnant ... in the next few episodes Ben Solo can still go from light to dark like Raven ...

These are just some of my theories and I'm not a writer. A true writer could invent millions of justifications and save him. Otherwise, what is the hope?

I'm sorry. It's my anger that makes me write these things. When I read that Kylo is just a bad monster with no light and no chance of redemption, my blood becomes poison.. I don't know if I wrote in the right place. Sorry for my english. I hope you understand my thoughts.

If you want to read my fan fiction which my theory on the episode IX written like a novel, please go in my tumbrl account for find the link (https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2)
I don't want bore anyone.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 06 Nov 2018, 6:07 am

snufkin wrote:@MrsWindu That particular rumor makes me immediately think of Matt Smith in full shouty exposition Doctor Who mode showing up to announce, "Hello everyone! I'm Ben's grandad's evil boss who was his grandma's backstabbing coworker."

IDK, if people are going to speculate at least make it plausible. The only flashbacks they've had in the franchise may be in the ST, but they're about Rey and Ben's lives and the specific incidents where they were hurt/traumatized by their family/caretakers. If you're going to speculate about Smith, go for something like saying he's Ransolm Casterfo as that's a theory you can actually back up.
@snufkin

You forget people speculating Matt Smith is a clone of Palpatine. Because that what we need. One of the worse idea from the Legends Rolling Eyes.
All those fans are like Anakin, they can't accept the death of characters and let them go. Snoke, Palpatine and Luke are dead and out of the story, and it's a good thing.

Concerning the exile solution, I think it's a cheap move in storytelling for a redemption. It is a variation of the trope death=redemption since the character doesn't interact with the people they have wronged. For me, the objective of a redemption is to integrate the redeemed one in the group, not keep them as an outsider. The relationships don't have to be all rainbow and unicorn, but at least there must be some level of trust.

As for those positive leaks, tell me, which one you on this forum is the author? lol!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 06 Nov 2018, 8:23 am

Riri wrote:Another leaker who claims to have a source

“What my source told me:

-Finn and Rose are in a romantic relationship

-Hux will betray Kylo to become Emperor

-Lando does not die

-Kylo is a conflicted Emperor, no "Palpatine like" Kylo, he has the galaxy but he is more alone than ever

-the film reveals that he has romantic feelings for Rey, there is no ambiguity like in episodes 7 and 8: after the movie, everyone will say "Ok, there was really something romantic between the two"

-Kylo has some kind of redemption after a lightsaber battle with Rey, my source saw Daisy and Adam kissing on set

-Kylo will pilot the Falcon”

Thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/9u85bx/jj_is_not_course_correcting_anything_from_tlj/?st=JO40XRS8&sh=74c8b36b
@Riri

Who stole my Christmas wish-list? Razz Laughing
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 06 Nov 2018, 10:13 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
snufkin wrote:@MrsWindu That particular rumor makes me immediately think of Matt Smith in full shouty exposition Doctor Who mode showing up to announce, "Hello everyone! I'm Ben's grandad's evil boss who was his grandma's backstabbing coworker."

IDK, if people are going to speculate at least make it plausible. The only flashbacks they've had in the franchise may be in the ST, but they're about Rey and Ben's lives and the specific incidents where they were hurt/traumatized by their family/caretakers. If you're going to speculate about Smith, go for something like saying he's Ransolm Casterfo as that's a theory you can actually back up.
@snufkin

You forget people speculating Matt Smith is a clone of Palpatine. Because that what we need. One of the worse idea from the Legends Rolling Eyes.
All those fans are like Anakin, they can't accept the death of characters and let them go. Snoke, Palpatine and Luke are dead and out of the story, and it's a good thing.

Concerning the exile solution, I think it's a cheap move in storytelling for a redemption. It is a variation of the trope death=redemption since the character doesn't interact with the people they have wronged. For me, the objective of a redemption is to integrate the redeemed one in the group, not keep them as an outsider. The relationships don't have to be all rainbow and unicorn, but at least there must be some level of trust.

As for those positive leaks, tell me, which one you on this forum is the author? lol!
@LadyGaufrette

LMAO because I did get told in all seriousness that if Rey is descended from Obi Wan it’s because she’s his clone.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Tue 06 Nov 2018, 10:34 am

@snufkin Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

No, sorry, I had heard about Rey like clone of Anakin so they are again relatives like John Snow and Daenerys Targarien ... Apart from the jokes, I console myself thinking that haters are a minority.

giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 06 Nov 2018, 11:10 pm

giaciak2 wrote:@snufkin Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

No, sorry, I had heard about Rey like clone of Anakin so they are again relatives like John Snow and Daenerys Targarien ... Apart from the jokes, I console myself thinking that haters are a minority.

@giaciak2

Or she’s cloned from Luke’s hand, which is especially ridiculous because they turned that into a plot for Doctor Who that’s a joke about ESB.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Wed 07 Nov 2018, 5:26 am

@snufkin I give up. Your theory beats all the others : -D
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Wed 07 Nov 2018, 8:59 am

Man, the idea that Rey is just an everywoman from nowhere important who was abandoned by scuzzy parents... really really doesn’t sit well with some people does it? Luke’s daughter crashed and burned so now they’re looking for anything they can to tie her to one of the existing characters somehow, even if it’s a clone.

I think they’re suffering from what I call the “Ladyhawke effect.” For those who haven’t seen the movie, it’s a story about two cursed lovers (the lady becomes a hawk during the day, the knight becomes a wolf at night so they can never be together) and ending the curse upon them. The thing is, even though the story is about them, the actual protagonist is a petty thief (nicknamed “the Mouse”) who just happened to have the one skill needed to aid the couple in ending the curse (in this case having managed to escape a supposedly inescapable prison).

The point is, I think a lot of the people trying to weave this elaborate narrative around Rey think she’s the Ladyhawke lovers; the interesting subject of the film, but miss that Rey is actually the Mouse character; the protagonist who helps the actual subject (Ben Solo; last of the Skywalkers) achieve his happy ending.

For all the ranting that Rey is some radical feminist Mary Sue (even as they pile ridiculous “clone of Obi-Wan” theories onto her which actually would make her a Mary Sue if they turned out to be true), they miss the fact that she’s actually a very traditional female fairytale main character. Like Cinderella she starts out basically a mistreated orphan slave. Like Belle (another commoner) her compassion helps transform the “Beast” back into the prince he was always meant to be.

Rey is the common girl from all those fairytales who wins the heart of the prince through her uncommon talent... NOT the Force, but that she spent her entire life going through garbage finding the things worth saving. The fact that she IS just that and not some hidden princess is actually the most important part of who she is. Her ability to see things worth saving is why she alone will be able to save Ben and will end up a princess/Skywalker by marriage in the end.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Wed 07 Nov 2018, 9:49 am

I was a child when I saw "Ladyhawke" and I always see it. I think it's one of my favorite fairy tales.
I loved every word you wrote. I agree on everything.@Chris24601
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 07 Nov 2018, 2:01 pm

@giaciak2
Ha well thank you though "Rey was cloned from Luke's hand," I cannot claim to have written. The only crack speculation I think is worth spreading is that Matt Smith is Ransolm Casterfo. Because it at least has a far more likely (even if it's very small ) chance of occuring. And it's based on a character/plotline that was originally meant to be in TFA. But clones only have a chance of returning in IX if it has to do with the fight between Hux and Kylo over kidnapping children like Finn to become stormtroopers versus using clones.

giaciak2 wrote:I was a child when I saw "Ladyhawke" and I always see it. I think it's one of my favorite fairy tales.

Same in terms of it's a great comparison, though Rey feels like she's both Philippe and Isabeau. Speaking of Skywalkers, I've seen comments elsewhere that it's how the ST will end. With Ben gone as the last remnants and Rey taking up the name/title as symbolically going forward as new Jedi by that name. Which to my mind overlooks how many anvils got dropped in three films now (TFA, TLJ, and Solo) that's about Han, including the No People line (which is more than just a dumb gag) and the conversation he has with Lando about his father. My BINGO card as of right now has a square that Ben's arc as Supreme Leader will be to finally get past the hubris Luke identified in both himself and the Jedi, renounce the whole "special bloodline" attitude which Luke and Snoke cultivated about Vader/the Chosen One, and will live up to the whole (admittedly revisionist) theme of "too much of his father in him" by choosing to live by Han's name/code. Which funny enough, what character has a parallel with him in Solo's central relationship and who also comes from nobodies/nowhere/parents who weren't able to overcome their substance abuse problems and left their child to fend for themselves? And the same character who inadvertently got drawn into the larger conflict?

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 07 Nov 2018, 2:38 pm

snufkin wrote:@giaciak2
Ha well thank you though "Rey was cloned from Luke's hand," I cannot claim to have written. The only crack speculation I think is worth spreading is that Matt Smith is Ransolm Casterfo. Because it at least has a far more likely (even if it's very small ) chance of occuring. And it's based on a character/plotline that was originally meant to be in TFA. But clones only have a chance of returning in IX if it has to do with the fight between Hux and Kylo over kidnapping children like Finn to become stormtroopers versus using clones.

giaciak2 wrote:I was a child when I saw "Ladyhawke" and I always see it. I think it's one of my favorite fairy tales.

Same in terms of it's a great comparison, though Rey feels like she's both Philippe and Isabeau. Speaking of Skywalkers, I've seen comments elsewhere that it's how the ST will end. With Ben gone as the last remnants and Rey taking up the name/title as symbolically going forward as new Jedi by that name. Which to my mind overlooks how many anvils got dropped in three films now (TFA, TLJ, and Solo) that's about Han, including the No People line (which is more than just a dumb gag) and the conversation he has with Lando about his father. My BINGO card as of right now has a square that Ben's arc as Supreme Leader will be to finally get past the hubris Luke identified in both himself and the Jedi, renounce the whole "special bloodline" attitude which Luke and Snoke cultivated about Vader/the Chosen One, and will live up to the whole (admittedly revisionist) theme of "too much of his father in him" by choosing to live by Han's name/code. Which funny enough, what character has a parallel with him in Solo's central relationship and who also comes from nobodies/nowhere/parents who weren't able to overcome their substance abuse problems and left their child to fend for themselves? And the same character who inadvertently got drawn into the larger conflict?

@snufkin

It seems to be a really common viewpoint amongst people that TLJ purposefully propagated that ‘all bloodlines are bad’ just because you have Rey as the everyman nobody who gets to inherit the Skywalker legacy whilst the actual bad Skywalker is shown the folly of his bad deeds and is left in the dust. Then there’s the whole surrogate daughter/the Skywalker legacy will live on in Rey etc etc. I mean they clearly like her and are somewhat emotionally invested in her (although in Luke’s case you could argue not at all), but that’s not a substitute for a blood child. Nothing can ever replace that pain. I also saw some people arguing that Kylo dying unredeemed would be tragic but nevertheless the OT trio’s legacy would remain intact and hope would live on in Rey. If that’s how you want to cap off the final chapter of the longest running family story in cinema (I think?) then you do you.

I just think that IX is going to repudiate those takes in a big way, particularly with how much care and detail JJ Abrams put into the SkySolo scenes in TFA. It’s going to hit hard on those familial themes (especially wrt to Han) but in a very positive way. IX is going to be the reconstruction after TLJ was the deconstruction. But even with taking the latter into account, whilst it was very deconstructionist and questioned the themes and the ingredients of what goes into SW, it was still in service to the story and came out the other side having reconstructed it. That’s what’s often missed, IMO. One of the worst and funniest TLJ hot takes to me is that it promotes nihilism, LOL. Way to miss the entire point of the film!

If they do go forward with the Han/Ben ‘nobody’ angle it has the potential to be very poetic and rich in context of the entire saga too.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 07 Nov 2018, 2:44 pm

@Kylo Rey Yeah it's been dizzying watching the pivots legacy fans have engaged in from "she's a child of the OT three...oh she has to be Luke's daughter...Kylo is lying to her about her parents... to she's not related by she's going to inherit the symbolic legacy." I had no idea how deeply invested people are in Luke and what he means to them specifically and all of this behavior is endemic of it. But you're right about how the conclusion is "he'll die because he didn't deserve that family and their legacy means nothing to do with him" because I've seen various people arguing post TLJ that the ST doesn't count as part of the Saga and it's a spin-off film because George Lucas wasn't involved and therefore RotJ is the actual conclusion. Which like you said, you do you. And unless JJ et all completely lose their minds and screw up everything that's obviously been the plan going back to late 2012-early 2013, they're *really* going to hate IX and how it wraps things up.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 07 Nov 2018, 2:53 pm

Hey all , I know Hanporgo’s leaks above are too good to be true and on everyone’s wish list but one thing that stuck out for me was the bit he/she said about Anch to and the twin suns . When I read this I thought ah this proves it’s fake because Anch- to didn’t have twin suns and what we saw in last Jedi was a throwback back right ? But I started thinking about it and thought it makes sense if it ends with twin suns and on a green planet with oceans because the saga started on a desert planet with twin suns . But Anch to doesn’t have twin suns right and what Luke saw was like a vision/mirage before he died.? Wrong . Anch to has twin suns - from the Last Jedi visual dictionary :
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 2 5f694810

It ends where it began . I really think hanporgo is on to something or maybe it’s because I want to believe . But the Jedi order was founded here and I think it will again . Episode one began in the desert because the Jedi ( that interpretation) was coming to an end , it ends on Anch to like poetry because it’s green ( associated with fertility etc ) and it will begin again. Remember the island we saw in The last Jedi was one island on the planet .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 07 Nov 2018, 3:49 pm

Has anyone heard this crazy theory now that Rey is training Finn as a Jedi? What? Is that from Mike Zeroh again? Rolling Eyes
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 07 Nov 2018, 4:00 pm

@tukicarreno
I think it’s based on a tweet from John Boyega a few days ago - I didn’t post it on tweets because it’s got someone’s name on it - am gonna post it here so you can see where that idea came from but it got misinterpreted- moderators I don’t know how to hide the name or word bad*** ( if you would be so kind to do it I would be grateful - thank you ):
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 2 B5ed0811

That’s why Jedi Finn is doing the rounds again but don’t think John is referring to that
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 07 Nov 2018, 7:01 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:@tukicarreno
I think it’s based on a tweet from John Boyega a few days ago - I didn’t post it on tweets because it’s got someone’s name on it - am gonna post it here so you can see where that idea came from but it got misinterpreted- moderators I don’t know how to hide the name or word bad*** ( if you would be so kind to do it I would be grateful - thank you ):
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 2 B5ed0811

That’s why Jedi Finn is doing the rounds again but don’t think John is referring to that
@AhsokaTano

Got it. Oh well, hope he is not a Jedi now though. It wouldn't make sense at all.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 07 Nov 2018, 7:09 pm

I agree with the posts I have seen on tumblr that surmise it will be a reversal of the Starkiller base fight in TFA. I.e. Instead of fighting Kylo, Finn and Ben will toss his lightsaber to each other back and forth, as they battle someone else. Rey will be there too/immersed in battle, yet for the reversal with TFA, Ben and Finn will be cooperating with each other.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 12 Nov 2018, 7:22 am

Hey all , another 4 chan faf leak ( I think it’s gangsta rapper guy again from what people are saying in the comments )- this time about the trailer lol:
Possible description of IX trailer in two weeks!
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/9wc6kk/possible_description_of_ix_trailer_in_two_weeks/?st=JOEC15FS&sh=5847528c

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 2 F44b8210
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 2 8353ab10
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 2 9e951110
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 12 Nov 2018, 8:53 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all , another 4 chan faf leak ( I think it’s gangsta rapper guy again from what people are saying in the comments )- this time about the trailer lol:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/9wc6kk/possible_description_of_ix_trailer_in_two_weeks/?st=JOEC15FS&sh=5847528c

@AhsokaTano

I think gangsta rapper guy is confusing IX with Avengers 4. lol

There is a rumor for a trailer - teaser around Thanksgiving, yet for Avengers 4. Way too early for IX. (I don't think we will see the teaser for that until Celebration in April).

Although, I do think about a month after the Avengers 4 teaser/trailer, the title for IX will be released - but I think that will only be a press release (is that how it was done in the past? or leaks to Variety, as an example).

Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Mon 12 Nov 2018, 8:59 am

I am all for kylo with a crown but I cannot imagine a Star Wars movie named “the end”. That’s very uninspired and boring. I mean it could be true but this kind of teaser really doesn’t have a sw feel. If you change the names it looks like any generic marvel movie

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 12 Nov 2018, 9:06 am

loversinthestorm wrote:I am all for kylo with a crown but I cannot imagine a Star Wars movie named “the end”. That’s very uninspired and boring. I mean it could be true but this kind of teaser really doesn’t have a sw feel. If you change the names it looks like any generic marvel movie
@loversinthestorm
Same here! lol!
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 12 Nov 2018, 9:15 am

garbage. Why would anyone put Billie Lourd voiceover in a trailer? Does he think that people actually know her? LOL.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 12 Nov 2018, 9:16 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all , another 4 chan faf leak ( I think it’s gangsta rapper guy again from what people are saying in the comments )- this time about the trailer lol:

Lol, this really sounds faf. It's way too early for a teaser. As far as I remember, we had the first teaser for TLJ in Spring or early Summer 2017, and there is no reason to promote the third part of a trilogy this early, when people are already aware of the film. If I remember correctly, they always made a big deal of revealing the title first, so why would they now reveal it in a full teaser? It would have been more believable, if the "leaker" had claimed the teaser will only reveal the title and won't show us any scenes.

Apart from that, we haven't even gotten a title or teaser for Avengers 4 yet, which will be in cinemas much earlier, and I think it was confirmed we would get the title for Avengers by the end of the year. I doubt they would start promotion for Avengers and Star Wars at the same time. My guess is we will get the title for IX around mid January to mid February. Though, if they can keep the Avengers title secret for so long, they might do the same for Star Wars.

Also, I highly doubt the title for a Star Wars film will be "The End". Even if they wanted to end the Skywalker trilogies, it's not the end of the galaxy or the Star Wars franchise, considering they have just announced two live action series'. I also don't think they would go for something uninspired like "The End" for a title.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 12 Nov 2018, 9:20 am

No way we're getting a teaser until Celebration (they're still filming for ffs! silent) and that sounds cheesy as you-know-what. Suspect
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 12 Nov 2018, 9:40 am

It’s total faf - the title , the timing of the trailer ( too early ) and the contents which is very marvel like  as you all say above . The only thing I like is kylo with a space crown in addition to his space cape (doubt we are getting that though)  speaking softly “What went wrong “ lol but it’s been linked to gangsta rapper guy . It’s faf ! All of it . Suspect lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next