Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+53
KiraRen2015
spacebaby45678
Atenais
Cowgirlsamurai
Chris24601
Nyx
Kyla Ren
krissy01
Blood Moon
Gemini
MrsWindu
Geralt_Riv
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
vinventure12
nickandnora
rey09
Kessel
Moonjump05
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
Night Huntress
unicorn
Dar-ren19
special_cases
Moonlight13
SW_Heroine_Journey
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
Birdwoman
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
SkyStar
MaddieDove
fuhry
Armadeus
Mana
Lily Snape
Saracene
12 Parsnips
OrionStars
Kylo Rey
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
Riri
DeeBee
AhsokaTano
motherofpearl1
snufkin
californiagirl
nana7marie
SanghaRen
57 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SanghaRen Thu 19 Sep 2019, 6:32 am

@nana7marie

Those "spoilers" are hilarious. My type of humor. Do Women of the Whills do that often?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nana7marie Thu 19 Sep 2019, 12:19 pm

@SanghaRen No idea as I don’t follow them and only saw it retweeted but since they’re a known podcast and aren’t dudebros, decided to post it here instead of the crack thread Razz
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 19 Sep 2019, 1:19 pm

I sincerely doubt you call your movie The Rise of Skywalker, advertise and merchandise with a new official Skywalker Saga logo, tell people it will be hopeful, and have Daisy agree on camera (not to metion Pablo and others at multiple points) that it is Ben who is the Skywalker, just so you can... kill all the Skywalkers. What even.

And no, let the past die was not the message of TLJ, we're not supposed to believe Kylo's mantra of burning everything in sight is the correct solution. Luke learns this in the film as well, it's kind of his entire arc. I've found both fans and detractors of TLJ think otherwise. Which is sort of a shame, because a concluding film with no similarities, parallels, or continuing throughlines from previous installments can't really conclude anything, it would just be a random, unrelated movie. I'm not sure what it is some people want from TROS, like if there was just an extra part of TLJ where Rey kills Kylo, we wouldn't even need a third film. Rolling Eyes
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 19 Sep 2019, 1:40 pm

The messaging in TLJ is giving your most potent words to your best actor. Let the past die. Then have Luke say the exact say the same thing essentially. It is time for the Jedi to end and I have come here to die. Then Luke ( the avatar and symbol of a older generation) dies... so no, "people" are not misconstruing the essential message of TLJ.

Kylo, let the old things die.. the Jedi, The Sith...Luke

for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap....
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 19 Sep 2019, 1:59 pm

Between leaks and speculation I'm thoroughly confused at this point. We still don't know anything about REG's character beyond one photo and his name/rank. Yet if I'm understanding things correctly, Matt Smith is secretly in the movie playing a younger version of Rey's granddad, the Emperor. Who either wants to marry her or have her make a Force baby with Kylo that he can in turn possess. Dunno, maybe the grand source of all these leaks is Colin Trevorrow, who's trolling with parts of his script to prove that it would've been a better movie than whatever JJ has planned (which none of this matches anything they've said in Vanity Fair or the SWCC/D23 panels).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 19 Sep 2019, 2:34 pm

I'm reserving my judgement, I think.
Some of these 'leaks' are ridiculous.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 19 Sep 2019, 4:33 pm

I dunno, the marketing for TLJ and Luke's arc pivoted from The Last Jedi/"it's time for the Jedi to end"/burning down the force tree, to the end of the film, "I will not be the last Jedi, the rebellion is reborn" and saving the old Jedi texts. That doesn't sound like all that is old has no potential to continue. They shouldn't be enslaved to the an exact recreation of the past, but neither should the next generation act like it didn't happen or has nothing whatsoever to offer to the present and future Jedi. JJ's stated many times that the current characters in the film are dealing with this legacy they were left and how to address with it. Not much to explore if it's just "throw everything out and burn it in a Vader-like funeral pyre."
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 19 Sep 2019, 5:10 pm

I don’t think these leaks are accurate but just for sake of it I’ll play along . So there’s a way that could be interesting with the necklace ie that the alien is in the pay of the first order and the necklace has a tracking device or the necklace is some kind emblem of some kind for love or fertility etc . Another possibility is that the alien is actually kylo “ a prince in disguise “ using a changeling net that obi wan used in clone wars ( first time he’s calls himself Ben and fakes his own death ).It sounds a bit crazy I know but if kylo and Rey have force powers on par with the son and daughter from Mortis ( as vergeances of the force Star Wars official website tells us ) look what the son could do - he disguises himself as an alien then bites Ahsoka and tells her she’s his before possessing her .

Son disguises himself and possesses Ahsoka :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TvqDOwiSZdo

Not saying this is what they are going to do as a lot of the leak is embellished but it’s a different way of looking at it .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 19 Sep 2019, 5:16 pm

@AhsokaTano - we know from the Vanity Fair article that C-3PO's first sentence in TROS includes the two words 'common emblem'
-cough cough.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 19 Sep 2019, 5:47 pm

I actually really like the whole force dyad concept, and Palps telling Kylo that he wants him and Rey to be Empress and Emperor, but he’s actually just manipulating Kylo (with love) so he gets what he wants, just like how he did the same with Anakin. Theres some poetry there!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Thu 19 Sep 2019, 5:57 pm

Speaking of which, I find it weird that that concept is very clearly narratively romantic yet JP is flat out saying there's no romance. That whole plot point contradicts his assertion. So much of this doesn't connect.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Star Wars Adventures #26

Post by DeeBee Thu 19 Sep 2019, 6:27 pm

Hiya FYI the preview for the next Star Wars Adventures issue #26 is up.. This is the Rey training with Luke on Ach-to issue so figured this might be of interest to many...
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-adventures-26-exclusive-preview

I'm not reading it now, I'm waiting to read the full issue when it's released on 25 September. I'm looking forward to seeing more of porgs. lol.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Thu 19 Sep 2019, 6:28 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:Speaking of which, I find it weird that that concept is very clearly narratively romantic yet JP is flat out saying there's no romance. That whole plot point contradicts his assertion. So much of this doesn't connect.
@Lovely_Rose

Yeah I feel like for the whole thing to work it kinda has to be romantic. If it's not clear at least on Kylo's side, you have this hole in his motivation and it would be like why is he being manipulated by Palatine on the promise of ruling with Rey when he's already ruling alone and why if the leaks are true he's willing to die protecting her. A bit too much for platonic friendship lol.

I guess with Rey it's easier to keep her feelings platonic because so many people have this image of her as too perfect to be in love with Kylo(tho after TLJ I don't get how) but talk about a waste and taking out an interesting conflict out of her arc. And also just generally leaving the sequel saga without a clear big romance for which I don't think Finn/Rose or Poe /his new last minute love interest really count.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 19 Sep 2019, 7:12 pm

Pablo was asked about it lol

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 2d886510
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Thu 19 Sep 2019, 7:15 pm

Have you guys seen this?

Link
Scrapped STAR WARS UNDERWORLD TV Series Would Have Featured A Sympathetic Emperor Palpatine

"When I was working at Lucas, I was allowed to go up to the ranch and read the scripts for the [canceled live-action Star Wars] TV show," he explained when the site asked about his involvement. "It was the most mind-blowing thing I’d ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this [frick]ing heartless woman. She’s this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That’s something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from “The Shield” and “24,” these were excellent writers."

Eh, so Lucas had a wild idea that Palpy was heartbroken by a gangster woman, lol, I wonder if Disney is trying to reuse Lucas's old idea to make Rey become Palpy's illegitimate grandchild through that mysterious gangster lover.

Last edited by OrionStars on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 19 Sep 2019, 7:17 pm

I'm just not going to take the majority of these leaks seriously. I simply don't trust the filters we're getting this information through--and that's even assuming that the source itself is sound.

I remember all too well the leaks from the production of TLJ that said that Rey and Ben were "having a conversation" in a hut that made Luke mad. I see fans every day who have seen the movie dozens of times who are convinced there was nothing Reylo about TLJ and there hasn't been any romance at all in the ST. So why should I trust these leaks any more than these others?

This is all so tiring I feel like my time would be better spent taking a nap until December. Razz
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 19 Sep 2019, 7:45 pm

There's some things, like the necklace, that are so specific they might be true. But he's also so vehemently anti-Reylo/anti-Kylo, it can warp the story beyond recognition even if what he's saying is sort of true. I've seen this spoiler fatigue and confusion across Twitter as well, it really feels like some kind of stressful whiplash this go around.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Thu 19 Sep 2019, 8:20 pm

californiagirl wrote:There's some things, like the necklace, that are so specific they might be true. But he's also so vehemently anti-Reylo/anti-Kylo, it can warp the story beyond recognition even if what he's saying is sort of true. I've seen this spoiler fatigue and confusion across Twitter as well, it really feels like some kind of stressful whiplash this go around.
@californiagirl

Yeah, it's true, even on Reddit, some users said it looked like he intentionally cut out Kylo and Reylo parts, that's why some plot points sounded so interrupted and out of context. Sadly, I think the fatigue isn't only on the internet, my friends, who just only started following SW because they liked Reylo's dynamic, have found out about the leaks and they're so disheartened to the point that they told me they don't intend to watch TROS anymore because they don't want to watch a tragic romance on Christmas holidays, ughhh.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 19 Sep 2019, 8:21 pm

californiagirl wrote:There's some things, like the necklace, that are so specific they might be true. But he's also so vehemently anti-Reylo/anti-Kylo, it can warp the story beyond recognition even if what he's saying is sort of true. I've seen this spoiler fatigue and confusion across Twitter as well, it really feels like some kind of stressful whiplash this go around.
@californiagirl

On the other hand, it really doesn't take much effort to come up with a specific detail that makes your "leak" look more credible.

I tend to view all these leaks with a huge grain of salt; I mean one week we had a totally credible leak that Rey and Kylo fight Matt Smith and Kylo gets possessed by Palpatine, and then the next week it's a totally credible leak about ghost!Luke and Leia helping Rey defeat Palpatine while dead Kylo is lying in a corner somewhere Rolling Eyes

For me, it's more that I don't really have much faith in JJ as a competent storyteller, and the fact that the last time he had a second go at a franchise it resulted in the convoluted, emotionally contrived Into Darkness. Don't get me wrong, I'd still rather him have a go than Colin Trevorrow, but a lot of these terrible-sounding leaks don't sound all that far-fetched to me even if they turn out to be all wrong.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 19 Sep 2019, 11:11 pm

The whole "they have to bang because of something something evil Darkside Master Plan the Emperor has" part makes me scratch my head. Because I'm pretty sure it's already established in canon that those two are already pretty damn thirsty for one another and would jump bones given the privacy and opportunity. No reason to spin it into some convoluted plot point
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Thu 19 Sep 2019, 11:21 pm

snufkin wrote:The whole "they have to bang because of something something evil Darkside Master Plan the Emperor has" part makes me scratch my head. Because I'm pretty sure it's already established in canon that those two are already pretty damn thirsty for one another and would jump bones given the privacy and opportunity. No reason to spin it into some convoluted plot point
@snufkin

I think the “they have to bang because of some evil Darkside Master Plan the Emperor has” sounds like fan fiction. They have to hook up because (pick one): 1) mandatory arranged marriages, 2) it will unlock some ancient temple or whatever, 3) Darkside plan, 4) there must be more that I’m forgetting about to make these two poor kids who have zero attraction to each other have to get together.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Thu 19 Sep 2019, 11:28 pm

Saracene wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:It's not that I can't handle Ben dying for good in the film, it just has to make sense and be as satisfying and hopeful as the conclusion of the Skywalker saga demands. That's going to be super difficult if JJ is going in the direction of the blood Skywalkers all fading into the Force to watch over the galaxy (or whatever), especially with Rey apparently taking the Skywalker last name at the end. It just comes across as painfully tragic with Leia and Ben dying in the same film even if Ben's death is heroic as it obviously will be. Then the matter of... is LucasFilm really that stupid? Ben Solo is easily among their most popular new characters and I can't imagine ending the blood Skywalker line for good inspiring a whole lot of good faith within the majority of fans. This is a huge deal. Nobody will care if Rey remains to carry on their legacy if all the descendants of one of the most beloved fictional families are gone forever. It just feels like a critical mistake from where I'm standing.
@FrolickingFizzgig

If they really do decide to put all their eggs in Rey basket, so to speak, and anoint her as the successor to the Skywalker story, then I can see Ben dying because, with an actual blood Skywalker still around, Rey's claim is kinda compromised. I think that killing off the entire family in order to prop up Rey would be a stupid godawful decision, but it's not like the history of film is not littered with stupid godawful decisions.
@Saracene

I like to think that Ben sticking around wouldn’t really mess with Rey’s claim to the Skywalker name, especially if Rey and Ben’s romantic connection comes to fruition and she’s being set up to be the next Skywalker matriarch. That would give her a very specific and different kind of role within the family.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 19 Sep 2019, 11:37 pm

Lily Snape wrote:
snufkin wrote:The whole "they have to bang because of something something evil Darkside Master Plan the Emperor has" part makes me scratch my head. Because I'm pretty sure it's already established in canon that those two are already pretty damn thirsty for one another and would jump bones given the privacy and opportunity. No reason to spin it into some convoluted plot point
@snufkin

I think the “they have to bang because of some evil Darkside Master Plan the Emperor has” sounds like fan fiction.  They have to hook up because (pick one): 1) mandatory arranged marriages, 2) it will unlock some ancient temple or whatever, 3) Darkside plan, 4) there must be more that I’m forgetting about to make these two poor kids who have zero attraction to each other have to get together.

@Lily Snape

Fan fiction or a contrived plot point from a pulp space opera novel that's 100% from the male gaze. Which if there are any writers the ST reminds me of, it's Angela "The Bloody Chamber" Carter or Tanith "Silver Metal Lover" Lee.

RE: #4 LOL that's right she slammed the door in his face and doesn't think about him or want to have anything to do with him.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 20 Sep 2019, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Fri 20 Sep 2019, 1:56 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 39596710

Does this sound like a debunk or non answer?

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Fri 20 Sep 2019, 2:44 am

It sounds like a non-answer but also he might be hinting that the force dyad is fandom related = fake. So it's hard to tell. Not sure why people go to officials with leaks anyway, true or not. They're not going to confirm or debunk unless it's completely outrageous like the Rey Solo stuff.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next