Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+62
Dar-ren19
PalmettoBlue
SanghaRen
Chris24601
Kylo Rey
Annwyn
OrionStars
reylo1992
Krafty
vinventure12
Kylo Men
LadyGaufrette
tukicarreno
Lily Snape
grimbergen
Moonjump05
rawpowah
MaddieDove
loversinthestorm
Saracene
whisperingwillow
Riri
nonesuch
AcrosstheStars
ZioRen
Oscarborough-fairo
Birdwoman
spacebaby45678
special_cases
rey09
Geralt_Riv
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
Nyx
Mila95
nickandnora
lauvamp
Lovely_Rose
Moonlight13
12 Parsnips
Atenais
motherofpearl1
Gemini
Casper
cherrylipstick
SheLitAFire
krissy01
Marlow
Mielikki
snufkin
Armadeus
KiraRen2015
Blood Moon
reynpain
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
SkyStar
nana7marie
fuhry
Night Huntress
AhsokaTano
Teo oswald
66 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars Mon 14 Oct 2019, 9:17 am

@Gemini

To be fair, they also have The Mandalorian (aka. Boba Fett) too. It seems like after the bombing of Solo, they had decided to move on to D+ as a financially safe choice. It doesn't mean any character who has a D+ series will be Rey's relative.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 9:33 am

OrionStars wrote:
@Gemini

To be fair, they also have The Mandalorian (aka. Boba Fett) too. It seems like after the bombing of Solo, they had decided to move on to D+ as a financially safe choice. It doesn't mean any character who has a D+ series will be Rey's relative.
@OrionStars

A rule of modern day film industry (which can be frustrating) is that the success of a film in a franchise is usually based off of audience reception to the one that came before it. Yes TLJ may have generated butts in seats but that's not because it was a good film. Its because The Force Awakens was the good film. People liked it and expected the same with TLJ. They did not get this.

Solo bombed because of what came before it. The Last Jedi.

Kenobi movie/Series has always been set to be released after episode 9, that date has never changed. that is very telling.

On a side note. I think that every single movie (except maybe the Boba Fett one) is aiding Rey's story. I think Solo is actually setting up the story for Rey's mother because it already crossing over more than several aspects with the ST already. Now we have apparently Duel of the Fates merging into Reys theme in the new trailer and its also making an appearance in TRoS.

The Mandalorian could also possibly be linking to further expand Rey Kenobi. Because of Satine. They have actually now officially linked Rey to Satine in that recent mini video they released. She's protecting a batch of white lilies with a blue sprout...this particular flower is only associated with one SW character who wore them in her hair: Satine, Duchess of Mandalore and she is the official canon love interest of none other than Obi Wan Kenobi. Many people speculated since before TFA even came out that Korkie, is Obi Wan and Satine's son that Obi Wan was completely unaware of.

The big picture...all are elements leading to one place and one person. Obi Wan.

They are, IMO also hiding Rey Kenobi in plain site in the majority of the marketing material.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 14 Oct 2019, 9:47 am

This probably isn't the thread to address Solo's performance, but pretty much all my friends loved TLJ, and didn't bother with Solo because a) new cast b) does not directly relate to Rey and Kylo's story (which is what people were invested in) c) poor marketing and a Summer movie, most of my friends didn't even know it was out. So i think it's pretty unfair to blame Solo's performance entirely on TLJ. Even I wasn't even that interested in Solo to be honest because the trailer could not be more different to the TLJ trailer (adventure/heist movie vs mystical Force lore).

Anyway those are my two cents. If they wanna make a Rey movie, I honestly think it will be a prequel so we see why her parents left her and how it relates to Palpatine (if he is her grandfather). I don't see Daisy reprising her role any time soon.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 9:54 am

Its probably not all based off TLJ but it is probably the main factor. I'm not trying to be negative of TLJ but I'm really just basing this opinion off of my film education where I had to learn how Hollywood works and how to make a successful franchise. Also my work in film where I have been in conversation with various directors about the subject of block buster success. Also actors (some of which who appeared in SW). The success of a movie is usually based off of the one that came before it. It did not surprise me at all that Solo flopped after the disappointment TLJ created amongst many fans and average cinema goers. It just did not feel like SW?

I also don't think that the majority of the audience only go to see a SW movie because of Reylo? We are a small fraction of the audience, I think.

I also think that people are going to be instantly put off by the fact that someone else is playing Han Solo. So yes, I agree with you about the casting possibly putting some people off.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Mon 14 Oct 2019, 9:59 am

Move the discussion about Solo out of this thread.

Thank you.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 10:07 am

whisperingwillow wrote:Move the discussion about Solo out of this thread.

Thank you.
@whisperingwillow
Ok will do, however if it links in with spoilers or the trailer what then?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Mon 14 Oct 2019, 10:28 am

Gemini wrote:
whisperingwillow wrote:Move the discussion about Solo out of this thread.

Thank you.
@whisperingwillow
Ok will do, however if it links in with spoilers or the trailer what then?
@Gemini

You can speak about spoilers. However, any conversation about Solo bombing or TLJ related matters (not including spoilers) need to be in the correct thread.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Mon 14 Oct 2019, 10:33 am

@Gemini

I see you're a person of the film industry. Do you know that SW has failed to establish the brand in many important markets because of the confusing plotlines? Things went downhill really fast to the point that the audience in those markets thought SW an unfriendly-to-the-newbie franchise so they just turned their back on the brand. And of course, no Hollywood studio ever wants that, especially Disney. They even had to reintroduce the basic concept of the force in TLJ as an attempt of trying to explain to the young GA what was happening. Logically, if they wanted Rey Kenobi, they would have to bring Ben Kenobi back instead of Palpy so GA of new markets wouldn't be confused again with Kenobi Who?, but for various reasons that many other users had pointed out, they chose to dig Palpy's grave and reintroduce him again as the villain of sequels and the entire saga. I doubt that Rey is just Palpy's grand baby girl. But at this point, it's very likely that they want Rey to have a legacy connection with Palpy more than with Kenobi.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 14 Oct 2019, 10:50 am

I'll be very blunt, We Got This Covered is a fairly unreliable fanbro-type clickbait site unless they're taking from what better people have said. Same for the whole Solo thing. I thought we were better than to fall for every single fandom truthism that gets put into the atmosphere. Honestly, we're here in part to avoid that type of conspiracy theorizing. Not every source or angry fandom screed is correct or valid.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 11:01 am

@whisperingwillow

OK thanks Smile

@OrionSTars

Alas, I was once a person of that industry. Not anymore.

And yes I am aware of the effects caused by the confusing plotlines of the prequels. But as per the mods request. I'm not going to talk about the film success of other films now. But I understand what you are saying and agree to some extent.

In regards to Palpatine being brought back and no snifter of Obi (yet) have you thought that this is because it could be the actual secret and Palp is a red herring? JJ has repeatedly said the past is being taken into account here. If Palatine can have his a** dragged back, so can Obi Wan..easily. As said..all of the marketing is hiding Obi Wan in plain sight, not Rey Palpatine. The leakers are questioning and appear to have conflicting info. JJ is known to shoot fake scenes and show them to journalists in order to spread fake leaks. Dude is smart and knows how to hide a secret successfully.

They are flaunting Palpatine like no ones business, we all know that major footage and plot points are not revealed this early in the trailer. There is zilch solid evidence about what happens in the third act of the film which is where we are actually supposed to know the "Dealio" of Rey. There is hardly anything on General Pryde as well.

People are ignoring the blatant Darth maul image of Rey because of Palpatine in our faces. She looks nothing like him in that image.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 14 Oct 2019, 12:06 pm

All the SW stuff coming to D+:https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-disney-plus-november-12

Empire of Dreams, omg. I remember when those big blu-ray sets came out in 2011, and they had every official SW documentary on them except that one, from the earlier DVD, and people got real mad about it.

Yup, JJ's pretty good at keeping secrets. The only reason the TFA script leaked was the Harrison injury, people leaving the set and being disgruntled about it. Nothing like that going on this time. Disney as a whole is fairly buttoned-up when it comes to preventing leaks.

While I'm not sure they'll go for overt references to Maul, given he was in only one saga movie, and Q'ira was only in one spinoff movie, I do wonder if the parallel is deliberate, with the full circle thing. I always thought Kylo's mask with the red in it was like inverse Maul.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 1:30 pm

californiagirl wrote:All the SW stuff coming to D+:https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-disney-plus-november-12

Empire of Dreams, omg. I remember when those big blu-ray sets came out in 2011, and they had every official SW documentary on them except that one, from the earlier DVD, and people got real mad about it.

Yup, JJ's pretty good at keeping secrets. The only reason the TFA script leaked was the Harrison injury, people leaving the set and being disgruntled about it. Nothing like that going on this time. Disney as a whole is fairly buttoned-up when it comes to preventing leaks.

While I'm not sure they'll go for overt references to Maul, given he was in only one saga movie, and Q'ira was only in one spinoff movie, I do wonder if the parallel is deliberate, with the full circle thing. I always thought Kylo's mask with the red in it was like inverse Maul.
@californiagirl

Interesting observation Confus
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 1:32 pm

I'm looking forward to the fantiction that's going to emerge post the new trailer!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:16 pm

oh gosh...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors B4f174a2fd2df1800585c6f56f25f061f8be1777

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 69cc2f2652194ff66ae570b28527b76980fd432b

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-41-45-Panini

I never noticed ... Shocked
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:20 pm

Teo oswald wrote:oh gosh...

@Teo oswald

well...wtf is that Obi Wan?

LAWD

IN PLAIN SIGHT

if so...lol

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Fotf-h10
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:36 pm

Gemini wrote:

@Teo oswald

LAWD

IN PLAIN SIGHT

if so...lol

@Gemini

here is the plot :

"While Vader has to deal with King Lee-Char, his Inquisitors have to face the Jedi hiding in the depths of Mon Cala. While Dr. Aphra is a guest at an Imperial prison where any escape attempt could have explosive consequences!

We remind you that the new comic book series on Vader is set after Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. It tells the first steps of the new Lord of the Sith, in the service of Emperor Palpatine. "

I really don't know if he is Obi Wan....

source in italien : https://www.starwarsnews.it/2019/05/01/darth-vader-45-panini-comics/

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:41 pm

@Teo oswald

OK, I don't think it is! Sad...not plain sight. Obi mimic? I may buy the comic..lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:49 pm

Gemini wrote:@Teo oswald

OK, I don't think it is! Sad...not plain sight. Obi mimic? I may buy the comic..lol
@Gemini

Just watched the video of the comic... didn't spot the scene from the front of the comic inside the actual narrative.. maybe somebody else spotted in the comic???

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:51 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:@Teo oswald

@Gemini

Just watched the video of the comic... didn't spot the scene from the front of the comic inside the actual narrative.. maybe somebody else spotted in the comic???

@spacebaby45678

OK, I just looked at the panels as well

The guy fighting him in the comic does not fight him outside like this in the rain in the comic. The guy in the comic has HUGE horns on his head...I cant see that on this dude on the cover.

The guy in the comic also has red skin!..cant see red skin here?..

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:51 pm

Teo oswald wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Teo oswald

LAWD

IN PLAIN SIGHT

if so...lol

@Gemini

here is the plot :

"While Vader has to deal with King Lee-Char, his Inquisitors have to face the Jedi hiding in the depths of Mon Cala. While Dr. Aphra is a guest at an Imperial prison where any escape attempt could have explosive consequences!

We remind you that the new comic book series on Vader is set after Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. It tells the first steps of the new Lord of the Sith, in the service of Emperor Palpatine. "

source in italien : https://www.starwarsnews.it/2019/05/01/darth-vader-45-panini-comics/

@Teo oswald

He isn't Obi Wan. He is Ferren Barr, a Jedi that Vader fought against on Mon Cala.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:57 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Teo oswald

LAWD

IN PLAIN SIGHT

if so...lol

@Gemini

here is the plot :

@Teo oswald

He isn't Obi Wan. He is Ferren Barr, a Jedi that Vader fought against on Mon Cala.
@Geralt_Riv

This guy with the red skin and claws? & from what I can tell Confus in the comic they don't fight in the rain

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3d7_4OKEQ6E-kWlGn19fnKrLAepo-St6SPxk7j6vnmOsxJWXs

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Darth-vader-vs-ferren-barr-8-e1531444349706

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:57 pm

Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:59 pm

@Geralt_Riv

This dude:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Lkk10

he has red skin and claws and a dark brown clothes just all one color, no cloak. He also has a MASSIVE horn which should by logic be protruding outside of the hood.

this dude:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Jkjhhk10

Has white skin no claws, no horns...also has a cloak? This scene also does not appear to happen in the comic itself? He also has white robe.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:02 pm

Okay... going to by the comic and read it... dot the i's and cross the t's
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:07 pm

Gemini wrote:@Geralt_Riv

This dude?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Lkk10

he has red skin and claws

this dude:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Jkjhhk10

has white skin no claws, no horns...also has a cloak? This scene also does not appear to happen in the comic itself?
@Gemini

On some pictures his skin isn't red actually. Laughing

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 300?cb=20180619225754

On the cover we don't see his face and the horns could be there, we just don't see them.

The cover scene doesn't need to appear in the comic itself. Many times it actually doesn't.  Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next