Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+62
Dar-ren19
PalmettoBlue
SanghaRen
Chris24601
Kylo Rey
Annwyn
OrionStars
reylo1992
Krafty
vinventure12
Kylo Men
LadyGaufrette
tukicarreno
Lily Snape
grimbergen
Moonjump05
rawpowah
MaddieDove
loversinthestorm
Saracene
whisperingwillow
Riri
nonesuch
AcrosstheStars
ZioRen
Oscarborough-fairo
Birdwoman
spacebaby45678
special_cases
rey09
Geralt_Riv
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
Nyx
Mila95
nickandnora
lauvamp
Lovely_Rose
Moonlight13
12 Parsnips
Atenais
motherofpearl1
Gemini
Casper
cherrylipstick
SheLitAFire
krissy01
Marlow
Mielikki
snufkin
Armadeus
KiraRen2015
Blood Moon
reynpain
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
SkyStar
nana7marie
fuhry
Night Huntress
AhsokaTano
Teo oswald
66 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:11 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
Gemini wrote:@Geralt_Riv

This dude?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Lkk10

he has red skin and claws

this dude:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Jkjhhk10

has white skin no claws, no horns...also has a cloak? This scene also does not appear to happen in the comic itself?
@Gemini

On some pictures his skin isn't red actually. Laughing

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 300?cb=20180619225754

On the cover we don't see his face and the horns could be there, we just don't see them.

The cover scene doesn't need to appear in the comic itself. Many times it actually doesn't.  Smile
@Geralt_Riv

Could be the lighting in the panel?

It looks like they have pulled the old "make a new character look like an iconic character on the cover to sell the comic" thing again, like they did with that Kid who collects relics and dresses exactly like Kylo Ren. Laughing I got duped!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Geralt_Riv Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:13 pm

@Gemini

And inspiration from TRoS for bigger impact on selling. They know the ways of the dark side marketing. lol!

Last edited by Geralt_Riv on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:15 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:@Gemini

And inspiration from TRoS for bigger impact on selling. lol!
@Geralt_Riv

eckkk, I hate when they do that. They think a new character wont sell or something?

I mean....hide his face and where is my boys big ole horn?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:16 pm

Actually... call me crazy.. If you actually read the comic and its scroll Ferren never fights Vader in the water but underground... NO?
Unless someone else can find what I am missing....

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Darth-Vader-Comic-17-Preview-1
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:22 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:oh gosh...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 B4f174a2fd2df1800585c6f56f25f061f8be1777

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 69cc2f2652194ff66ae570b28527b76980fd432b

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-41-45-Panini

I never noticed ... Shocked
@Teo oswald

well...wtf is that Obi Wan?

LAWD

IN PLAIN SIGHT

if so...lol

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Fotf-h10
@Gemini

here is the plot :

"While Vader has to deal with King Lee-Char, his Inquisitors have to face the Jedi hiding in the depths of Mon Cala. While Dr. Aphra is a guest at an Imperial prison where any escape attempt could have explosive consequences!

We remind you that the new comic book series on Vader is set after Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. It tells the first steps of the new Lord of the Sith, in the service of Emperor Palpatine. "

I really don't know if he is Obi Wan....

source in italien : https://www.starwarsnews.it/2019/05/01/darth-vader-45-panini-comics/

@Teo oswald

He isn't Obi Wan. He is Ferren Barr, a Jedi that Vader fought against on Mon Cala.
@Geralt_Riv

yeah i think so Smile

@spacebaby45678
@Gemini
look this : https://www.retrozap.com/darth-vader-17-the-burning-seas-part-v-review/
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:25 pm

@Teo oswald

LMAO...that's hilarious,  Laughing  Laughing like ...its literally hiding the character and making him look like someone else to sell a comic.

Well if they do this, they may do the same with other things in this saga...BOOM mind blown..OK LF, I do not trust you or your marketing anymore!

I mean..dude..the belt is not even the same as what he wears inn the actual comic! LF...wtf
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:29 pm

@Gemini

ahahah I found this :

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 0097804f399c1e4603a2889ab3689472._SX1600_QL80_TTD_

anyway, I didn't want to cause chaos Laughing Laughing , I just wanted to show you the two images very, very similar to each other Laughing but anyway this is cool!!!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:29 pm

@Teo oswald

Did you happen to find the fight in the water? mmm... is it there? I seem to have missed it.

On another note.. did anybody notice the Blue gray thingy in the MF with Rey & Crew? Is this the wayfinder? Confus

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Tumblr_pzdy6ql3Ps1y8hadgo1_640

It kind of looks like Luke's compass

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 N38cbf8d25zz

Similar but different

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 IMG_2860-360x188

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:31 pm

@Teo oswald

The shoes! His are gray and they are gray  on the cover too..well...damn  Shocked Obi has brown shoes..

@Spacebaby45678

Lukes compass thing and that thing in the image does look a bit different?

But its blurry.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:48 pm

@spacebaby45678

this :

is this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 000269569hr
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:53 pm

Teo oswald wrote:@spacebaby45678

this :

is this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 000269569hr
@Teo oswald
Ah nice so it is not a wayfinder.... ! Good to know .. Thanks
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:54 pm

So what actually is that thing?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 14 Oct 2019, 6:08 pm

@Gemini

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 1785376_full

i don't know...the only ones to know are Han , Chewbacca  and Rey
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 14 Oct 2019, 6:16 pm

from me it should arrive from 2am to 5 am in the morning Neutral
I don't know if I could stay awake ever since ... No Suspect
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 14 Oct 2019, 6:31 pm

Teo oswald wrote:

from me it should arrive from 2am to 5 am in the morning Neutral
I don't know if I could stay awake ever since ... No Suspect
@Teo oswald

Was that commercial real? From ESPN official?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 14 Oct 2019, 6:41 pm

@spacebaby45678

uhm...I don't know. look this. maybe is real but....I'm not an expert on these things Sad

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 14 Oct 2019, 7:03 pm

@Teo oswald

It's not real.

Last edited by nickandnora on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Mon 14 Oct 2019, 7:03 pm

Gemini wrote:@whisperingwillow

OK thanks Smile

@OrionSTars

Alas, I was once a person of that industry. Not anymore.

And yes I am aware of the effects caused by the confusing plotlines of the prequels. But as per the mods request. I'm not going to talk about the film success of other films now. But I understand what you are saying and agree to some extent.

In regards to Palpatine being brought back and no snifter of Obi (yet) have you thought that this is because it could be the actual secret and Palp is a red herring? JJ has repeatedly said the past is being taken into account here. If Palatine can have his a** dragged back, so can Obi Wan..easily. As said..all of the marketing is hiding Obi Wan in plain sight, not Rey Palpatine. The leakers are questioning and appear to have conflicting info. JJ is known to shoot fake scenes and show them to journalists in order to spread fake leaks. Dude is smart and knows how to hide a secret successfully.

They are flaunting Palpatine like no ones business, we all know that major footage and plot points are not revealed this early in the trailer.  There is zilch solid evidence about what happens in the third act of the film which is where we are actually supposed to know the "Dealio" of Rey. There is hardly anything on General Pryde as well.

People are ignoring the blatant Darth maul image of Rey because of Palpatine in our faces. She looks nothing like him in that image.
@Gemini

JJ could, but why should he do that? the sequel trilogy is already bloated with so many characters, side plots and filler roles. Kenobi was just a mentor figure for the heroes in both PT and OT, why would JJ need another mentor figure when they already have Luke to fulfill that role? Of course they've to choose to bring back the phantom that has cast his shadow and terror over the Skywalker family and the entire galaxy instead of another teacher for Rey.
Frankly, Kenobi even has more rightful reason to not have any offspring than the Emperor. I think it's really disrespectful if they force Kenobi to have illegitimate children, the same can be said with the whole theory of Rey is Han's love child that dudebros like. Personally, I don't care about Rey so I don't care about the consequence of Rey Palpatine, if they want Rey Palpatine (Palpy's force experimental kid or just simply "muh grand baby girl")  to happen because they suddenly want to make Rey become an interesting legacy character like Kylo through the complicated bond Rey has with Palpy, so be it.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 15 Oct 2019, 4:07 am

OrionStars wrote:
Gemini wrote:@whisperingwillow

OK thanks Smile

@OrionSTars

Alas, I was once a person of that industry. Not anymore.

And yes I am aware of the effects caused by the confusing plotlines of the prequels. But as per the mods request. I'm not going to talk about the film success of other films now. But I understand what you are saying and agree to some extent.

In regards to Palpatine being brought back and no snifter of Obi (yet) have you thought that this is because it could be the actual secret and Palp is a red herring? JJ has repeatedly said the past is being taken into account here. If Palatine can have his a** dragged back, so can Obi Wan..easily. As said..all of the marketing is hiding Obi Wan in plain sight, not Rey Palpatine. The leakers are questioning and appear to have conflicting info. JJ is known to shoot fake scenes and show them to journalists in order to spread fake leaks. Dude is smart and knows how to hide a secret successfully.

They are flaunting Palpatine like no ones business, we all know that major footage and plot points are not revealed this early in the trailer.  There is zilch solid evidence about what happens in the third act of the film which is where we are actually supposed to know the "Dealio" of Rey. There is hardly anything on General Pryde as well.

People are ignoring the blatant Darth maul image of Rey because of Palpatine in our faces. She looks nothing like him in that image.
@Gemini

JJ could, but why should he do that? the sequel trilogy is already bloated with so many characters, side plots and filler roles. Kenobi was just a mentor figure for the heroes in both PT and OT, why would JJ need another mentor figure when they already have Luke to fulfill that role? Of course they've to choose to bring back the phantom that has cast his shadow and terror over the Skywalker family and the entire galaxy instead of another teacher for Rey.
Frankly, Kenobi even has more rightful reason to not have any offspring than the Emperor. I think it's really disrespectful if they force Kenobi to have illegitimate children, the same can be said with the whole theory of Rey is Han's love child that dudebros like. Personally, I don't care about Rey so I don't care about the consequence of Rey Palpatine, if they want Rey Palpatine (Palpy's force experimental kid or just simply "muh grand baby girl")  to happen because they suddenly want to make Rey become an interesting legacy character like Kylo through the complicated bond Rey has with Palpy, so be it.
@OrionStars

OK wait,

On a Reylo board which is about a pairing of Rey and Kylo, you only care about one of them and their story and not the other?

So what is Rey in this pairing? Just a love interest? Doesnt need to be a well rounded character in her own right?

This is where I differ from many reylos I think. I want kylo and rey to be equals in terms of importance in this story how can  they find balance without equality in self and story?

I've never wanted her to be nothing so that kylo can be the main event. Her being "nothing and strong" has failed to make her a 3 dimensional character and cement her as the hero, it has given her no place in the saga. They are going back to where she is meant to be. A someone in order to fix this.

Anyhow. I don't think that its a "sudden" choice to make a Rey a someone. This has always been JJ's vision, RJ diluted it and JJ is now continuing his vision.

"I will finish what you started"...no you wont you will be redeemed
"I've got nothing to fight for" yes you do, its the light side
"I'm no one".....No you're not....actually yeah that's right rey you are nothing.

See the issue there? She was never a no one.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 15 Oct 2019, 6:36 am

@Gemini

Yep, It's my personal choice to only care about Kylo and I'm still able to ship Reylo because I like the enemies-to-lovers trope and the dynamic between Kylo and Rey. My personal choice doesn't mean I want Kylo and Rey to not be equal, it's just that Rey isn't the type of character I love so I won't hold any bitter judgment against whatever the studio wants to do to Rey.
I doubt that LFL was always sure that Rey Palpy was destined to be the endgame. I think they did toy with the idea of Rey Nobody so they could break away from the Skywalker and they told Rian that he was free to do whatever he wanted. I've to admit that I fell into that trap too because Rey Nobody was an awesome idea and I did think Rey Nobody had the potential to become an original heroine for the sequels who could stand strong on her own two feet without a glittery legacy background.  But it was obvious that when they received fanboys' outrage and lost a lot of money in the competition with Jumanji, they decided to crawl back to Rey Insert-legacy-name because fortunately, they still had a bunch of vague things for Rey Insert-legacy-name as a backup plan in case Rey Nobody wouldn't work, and if Rey Nobody worked? guess what! they could just easily explain that all those hints of Rey Insert-legacy-name in TFA were just misdirections because JJ liked to Khannnnnn people.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 15 Oct 2019, 7:31 am

Agree with you wholeheartedly Gemini, I feel almost the same as you on every point.
I like Rey, but Kylo's my favourite character of the ST.
In fact, he's shaping up to be my favourite of the entire saga. And I fell in love with Han Solo at twelve!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 15 Oct 2019, 7:38 am

@OrionStars

That's fine, each to their own. I was just expressing why I feel Rey as a female protagonist should be of equal importance and have a place in the story as much as the male lead characters do. I'm beginning to understand why many Reylos dont care about Rey being anyone of importance its because they just dnt care about her at all, she is not important to them but as said, each to their own opinion. Rey was handled very poorly, so who would care? I cant blame folks for finding Kylo more interesting and 3 dimensional. Its because he is. That's because he was linked to a legacy character, has a backstory that shapes who he currentky is and his place and survival is integral. Rey got none of this, she is hollow. She has no link, no back story shaping who she is on screen.

So, to change the subject back to supposed leaks, i.e duel of the fates appearing in the trailer. Someone said its used a lot in SW...Well from what I've read on Wikipedia. Its mainly used when Darth Maul appears in all forms of media. However, it also used for Anakin, Vader, and Obi Wan during a simultaneous fight with Yoda and Palpatine. It also plays when Obi Wan fights Vader on Mustafar.

Appearances in Star Wars[edit]

Although Williams conducted "Duel of the Fates" to appear as a concert suite in the end credits (rather than the film), Williams did record similar cues using the ostinato motif, and in one instance, a 'cut down' version, labelled the "Great Duel". John Williams stated the chorus was introduced to give a religious, temple-like feel to the epic lightsaber duel.[3] Williams compared the setting of the battle to a pagan altar, and that the duel itself "seems like a dance or a ballet, a religious ceremony of some kind, probably ending in the death of one of the combatants".[4] For Episode I, John Williams recorded a choirless version of "Duel of the Fates", then recorded the choir performing on its own, then layered the vocals over the choirless recordings.

The music had its debut during the final lightsaber duel between Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace.
An abridged version is played in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones when Anakin Skywalker used a speederbike to search for his mother.

The piece "Battle of the Heroes", which was played in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, during the battle sequence between the Yoda and Emperor Palpatine in the senate chamber on Coruscant, and the simultaneous battle between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar, had a piece of Duel of the Fates, but rewritten in a tragic mode.

Lucas had expressed in a documentary of The Phantom Menace that he wanted to use “Duel of the Fates” in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith as he liked the feeling of the work. However, he decided not to use it mainly because it did not match the tragic mood of the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader. “Duel of the Fates” makes an appearance during the Yoda/Palpatine fight scene. For this instance, John Williams re-recorded the choir and layered it over the vocal-less recording from Episode I.[citation needed]
"Duel of the Fates" can be heard in a number of Star Wars video games, including Star Wars Episode I: Racer, The Clone Wars, Lego Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith video game, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and Angry Birds Star Wars II.[citation needed] The theme also plays during Soulcalibur IV, whenever The Apprentice fights within either of the game's three Star Wars-themed stages, as well as during his extended ending. "Duel of the Fates" also plays when Darth Maul appears during the Jedi Training Academy show featured at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disneyland.
A special of Lego Star Wars called "The Empire Strikes Out" features a short section of “Duel of the Fates”, in which Darth Maul hums along with the music while declaring how "awesome" he is.

Another Lego Star Wars special, entitled The Yoda Chronicles: Menace of the Sith, also featured “Duel of the Fates”. Count Dooku plays the music on a radio during a demonstration of the Sith clone Jek-14's power. Darth Maul complains that “Duel of the Fates” is his theme song, to which Asajj Ventress replies "Can somebody say diva?". (LOL!)
It also appears in the second season of Star Wars: Rebels in the episode "The Future of the Force" when Ahsoka Tano confronts Imperial Inquisitors, and again in the season finale, "Twilight of the Apprentice", when she duels Maul.

"Duel of the Fates" can also be heard softly in the background when Maul appears in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 15 Oct 2019, 10:06 am

I don't know where to put it so it'll be here for now (mods help me... please... Sad )

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Ul5hptoqvps31

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/di8vac/showtimes_for_the_rise_of_skywalker_are_showing/
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 15 Oct 2019, 10:10 am

There's an enormous variation in what different fans feel about different characters, and why they feel those things. Some people feel more attached to one character than another for particular reasons, or for other ones. Other fans are equally attached. Please don't make massive blanket statements, which are not true (like how people like Rey no one only because they don't care about her), over an entire fandom, or put words in others' mouths. I guess all those podcasters and others online were a figment of my imagination, or they're lying, or objectively wrong, I guess? Ignoring, erasing, not acknowledging, or predetermining with everyone else thinks wasn't really why we all came here. That's not what discussion and discourse are made of. This isn't a hivemind.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 15 Oct 2019, 10:22 am

I'm sorry, but the amount of times people have made blanket statements about "fanboys", OG fans, male fans and people who want Rey to be someone special and have a place in this saga is something I constantly see.

Its not blanket statement, please don't take my words and say I am doing something that I am not. I never said all Reylos, I said many that I have spoken with. So it is not a blanket statement. Cheers.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next