Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+52
Kylo Rey
Moonjump05
DeeBee
MindAndMagic
Piper Maru
unicorn
bruna8728
Night Huntress
giaciak2
Riri
Mila95
Saracene
SkyStar
Kylo Men
Kyla Ren
bashfulblueeyes3
OrionStars
ZioRen
nemapasara
reylo1992
Sarah_Loves28
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kessel
KiraRen2015
Blood Moon
rawpowah
Armadeus
snufkin
Cowgirlsamurai
AhsokaTano
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
SoloSideCousin
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
Gemini
Lily Snape
nana7marie
special_cases
12 Parsnips
Oscarborough-fairo
Dar-ren19
nickandnora
tukicarreno
cherrylipstick
rey09
Atenais
vaderito
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
SW_Heroine_Journey
56 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by DeeBee Sun 07 Mar 2021, 4:41 pm

Saracene wrote:I watched the kiss scene and it sure as heck didn’t look like Rey had any idea that it was a goodbye scene, so I’m not sure what Daisy is talking about. Seems like she’s trying to add a pathos that wasn’t actually there in the movie where it counted.

From Rey’s point of view the whole thing is just a complete WTF. She hardly could have known that she actually died, so she wakes up to find Ben, kisses him and then he just drops dead out of a blue. No wonder she looks mostly confused.
@Saracene

I agree! It was not a goodbye until he suddenly slumped over and disappeared! It had 'Helloooooo!!!' written all over it!!!!
Which is why it is such a gut punch!

Daisy can think what she likes. Good luck to her. I think this is some post hoc problem solving going on here lol. I think Daisy is doing what all of us do - revising, reinterpreting and trying to make sense of things -because the story is not a coherent whole. It's an incoherent hole!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 08 Mar 2021, 2:03 am

DeeBee wrote:
Saracene wrote:I watched the kiss scene and it sure as heck didn’t look like Rey had any idea that it was a goodbye scene, so I’m not sure what Daisy is talking about. Seems like she’s trying to add a pathos that wasn’t actually there in the movie where it counted.

From Rey’s point of view the whole thing is just a complete WTF. She hardly could have known that she actually died, so she wakes up to find Ben, kisses him and then he just drops dead out of a blue. No wonder she looks mostly confused.
@Saracene

I agree! It was not a goodbye until he suddenly slumped over and disappeared! It had 'Helloooooo!!!' written all over it!!!!

Daisy can think what she likes. Good luck to her. I think this is some post hoc problem solving going on here lol. I think Daisy is doing what all of us do - revising, reinterpreting and trying to make sense of things -because the story is not a coherent whole. It's an incoherent hole!
@DeeBee

One of the wittiest comments I've read!!! Very Happy
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 09 Mar 2021, 3:25 pm

There was one of those Dsiney investor calls today, and wow, the fanboy had infiltrated even the investors. One question was presenting Gina Carano as the victim of free speech suppression (she was just openly fascist, among other things), the CEO mostly avoided answering that, and the other one...

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Scree818

These are like go-to alt-right angry SW hater dudebro questions. I'm glad they didn't cave into their demands any more, but yeesh. The levels of control, spite, entitlement, and shamelessness are still apalling.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 10 Mar 2021, 1:21 am

Not that terrible entitled fanboys aren’t terrible, but I certainly don’t look forward to KK running Lucasfilm for many years to come.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 10 Mar 2021, 3:27 am

I'm actually glad I've quit SW. DROSS showed these people up for what they really are. My love for the franchise centred around my love for its main characters, the Skywalker/Solo family. And they chose to get rid of them. It didn't help matters much that their so called 'replacements' aren't a patch on them. DLF did one good thing when they created Kylo Ren, possibly the best SW character ever, and cast an Oscar nominated, amazingly charismatic actor to play him. They should have milked Adam and Kylo Ren for all his worth. Instead they chose to kill him off, apparently because they wanted the ST to have a female protagonist. Unfortunately their female protagonist sucked. This is not Daisy's fault but the fault of the writers. Look at Jyn Erso - she was a terrific character. Rey was nowhere near as well rounded and as complex as Jyn, and by the time we got to DROSS not even Daisy's natural charm could save the desperately dull and ridiculously judgemental character she was turned into.
"She is all the Jedi", "he had given Rey back to the galaxy" " she could never have loved Kylo Ren".......Lord, I honestly cringe at those awful lines.

Sorry DLF but I will never be happy at your decision to kill off the heroes and replace them with the villain's descendant. Rey Palpatine is....Rey Palpatine.
"You cannot deny the truth that is your family."
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 10 Mar 2021, 9:13 am

Whatever one's feelings about KK, I'm just afraid they will replace her with someone like Feige to make SW even more like Marvel (even though I like the MCU well enough), and possibly even more male-skewed and cookie cutter, and the hateful part of fandom will cry victory for their team or whatever. It's all really inane.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 10 Mar 2021, 9:32 am

I think most of us have lost faith in DLF. Even Kylo haters aren't happy at Rey Palpatine. DROSS comes across as a petulant slap in the face for reylos, those who loved Kylo, those who loved Finn and Poe, Asian viewers (especially women), genuine feminists, fans of the OT, those who loved Anakin, those who loved the OT cast, those who love romance, depressants (like myself) those who love quality film making and Rian Johnson.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 11 Mar 2021, 12:57 am

californiagirl wrote:Whatever one's feelings about KK, I'm just afraid they will replace her with someone like Feige to make SW even more like Marvel (even though I like the MCU well enough), and possibly even more male-skewed and cookie cutter, and the hateful part of fandom will cry victory for their team or whatever. It's all really inane.
@californiagirl

On the other hand, if “more like Marvel” means more thought put into consistency and long-term planning, I think that a lot of fans would happily take that over the complete incoherent storytelling clusterfudge that the ST turned out to be.

BTW I think that the whole “victory for their team” thing is why DLF would never outright say that Rian’s trilogy will never happen. Not saying that it won’t, but I can easily see it stay in limbo for the next ten years without a confirmation either way.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 11 Mar 2021, 2:19 am

They treated Rian truly appallingly; DROSS is little more than a complete retcon of his film. TLJ was beautifully made, had great performances and made use of every character. It had its faults....the Canto Bight scene dragged on a bit and the ending disappointed me but I suspect that was mostly down to studio interference than what Rian really wanted. The way they trashed his film with DROSS is another reason I hated it - they even made a point of covering up Rey's 'reaching hands' scar on her arm! It was petty beyond belief.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 11 Mar 2021, 4:31 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
DeeBee wrote:

@Saracene

I agree! It was not a goodbye until he suddenly slumped over and disappeared! It had 'Helloooooo!!!'  written all over it!!!!

@DeeBee

One of the wittiest comments I've read!!! Very Happy
@motherofpearl1

Wow thanks! Thumbs up

Saracene wrote:
californiagirl wrote:Whatever one's feelings about KK, I'm just afraid they will replace her with someone like Feige to make SW even more like Marvel (even though I like the MCU well enough), and possibly even more male-skewed and cookie cutter, and the hateful part of fandom will cry victory for their team or whatever. It's all really inane.
@californiagirl

On the other hand, if “more like Marvel” means more thought put into consistency and long-term planning, I think that a lot of fans would happily take that over the complete incoherent storytelling clusterfudge that the ST turned out to be.

BTW I think that the whole “victory for their team” thing is why DLF would never outright say that Rian’s trilogy will never happen. Not saying that it won’t, but I can easily see it stay in limbo for the next ten years without a confirmation either way.
@Saracene

Re some coherent story telling- hear hear!

Re RJ’s trilogy, I’m wondering if RJ would even want to do it at this point given all the drama that went with TLJ, and he doesn’t need Star Wars anymore. SW would be lucky to have him still be interested IMHO... Claps
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 12 Mar 2021, 2:42 am

It's funny but one comment on the forum I cannot mention was actually a good observation.....when Rey heals Ben there's water splashing over him, as if his sins are wiped away and Kylo Ren becomes Ben Solo again.

How I wish that they had ended the film like that.....with Ben being mortally wounded by sacrificing himself to save Rey from Palpatine and Rey heals him with the Force. Together with his scar disappearing it would truly have become a BatB parallel.

But, sadly.....in this BatB, Belle didn't need the Beast. Sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 12 Mar 2021, 7:59 pm

Funko pops of Revan and Bastilla coming out. Basically looking like reylo -_- so bitter.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Mar 2021, 8:30 pm

rey09 wrote:Funko pops of Revan and Bastilla coming out. Basically looking like reylo -_- so bitter.
@rey09

That’s ‘Salt + Wound’ right there! Rolling Eyes
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 13 Mar 2021, 2:13 am

I keep telling myself I'm seeing spite and nastiness where it isn't there....but they seem to have a real fondness for continuing to poke at fans of Ben/Kylo. They retcon the destruction of the temple, bit by bit undo all of the affection Rey had for him....'she could never love Kylo Ren', 'a kiss of gratitude' ( yeah, right) Rolling Eyes revealing they wanted to show the 'Chewie torture scene'......but this is a new low.

Just what have they got against reylos? They seem to have singled us out for ridicule. Even Rian is a victim, his beautiful film was trashed by DROSS which spent most of its time retconning everything he did and as the final insult cut his original character's screentime down to one line Mad . And why? Because he saw the chemistry between Daisy and Adam and ran with it - the fact that his film received more critical acclaim than either of the others is proof he did the right thing.
Lucasfilm, Disney.....both companies have now lost all the respect I once had for them. They're run by wokesters who think transforming a likeable and interesting heroine into a self righteous, unhuman Force goddess is what women want, and dudebros who enjoying taking the Censored out of those who loved Kylo/Ben's character and innocently wanting a HEA for the last real Skywalker. JJ Abrams retconned TLJ and gave us DROSS because he was peeved that the antagonist was more loved than the protagonist.
And DLF let him. What a nasty bunch of individuals. They're not getting any of my money again.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 13 Mar 2021, 9:38 am

Revan and Bastila are Legends, that's why they're more acceptable to a lot of people. At least they're doing a Ben Solo Funko.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 15 Mar 2021, 11:25 pm

More from the Rian interview Sariah, this time about about the Reylo elevator scene.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Scree819
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Scree820
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Scree821
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Scree822
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Scree823
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 16 Mar 2021, 12:57 am

@californiagirl

Thank you! This is so good. Badly needed after what happened in the next film.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 16 Mar 2021, 2:30 am

Not that I disagree with Rian about the elevator scene and kiss timing, but the thing about the slow-burn lead-up to the kiss is that usually it does culminate in a kiss at some point. Yes chemistry and tension is all great, but you also need to throw in an unambiguously romantic gesture so that everyone in the audience knows that they’re watching a romantic relationship. Otherwise a good chunk of the audience genuinely can’t see it and you need to clarify your intentions in an interview years later. Something that Lucas never had to do with Han/Leia and Padme/Anakin.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 16 Mar 2021, 2:49 am

I still think that both characters were 'regressed' at the end of TLJ because of studio interference. If Rian had to put that silly Poe/Rey flirty scene in at Trevorrow's request and Jason Frye admitted they made him change Rey's attitude to Kylo at the end of the novel, I'm pretty sure that they didn't want 'reylo' although Rian did.

I never forget how Patti Jenkins quit as director of The Dark World because of studio interference and Marvel is also owned by Disney. The fact is - going by their wiki page they wanted a female protagonist for the sequel trilogy. The ST were supposed to be all about Rey. But unfortunately likeable though she was at the start, Kylo stole the entire ST. And Rey was at her most interesting when interacting with him. DROSS, where she spends most of her time with Finn and Poe, proves that Rey just isn't interesting enough to carry her own film. It's not Daisy's fault, it's how the character is written. Hence why I suspect they have no intention of creating any more films starring the Trio. Maybe there will be a tv series or something but nothing has been mentioned yet. Kylo was their most popular character. Instead of milking him for all his worth they pettily first cut his role down in DROSS before killing him off. The last twenty minutes of DROSS are Abrams and DLF declaring Rey's importance. It's them shouting out to the general audience that THIS is the star of the ST, not Han and Leia's son. Just look at how the character is treated - no dialogue, thrown into a pit out of the way so Rey steals all the glory, then brought back as an afterthought to die 'giving her back to the galaxy'. Ben Solo's fate is spiteful revenge by Abrams and DLF for stealing the trilogy they wanted to belong to Rey.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 16 Mar 2021, 3:48 am

I actually don't think that Ben's treatment in TRoS is any kind of spiteful revenge from JJ? It's just a direct continuation of how he essentially saw and prioritised the characters from the very beginning. His treatment of Rey in TFA is honestly no different to TRoS, it's "Rey is the bestest and greatest and loved by everyone" through and through; the complaining fanboys had a point even if they often expressed it in crude and unsavoury ways. There's IMO no real difference between Rey getting a nonsensical undeserved hug from Leia in TFA, and the Force Twins fawning over her in TRoS. The only difference is that in TFA this adoration didn't come at Ben's cost so blatantly, but it doesn't mean that JJ would have at any point hesitated to throw him off to the side for Rey's sake. We just got fooled by TLJ and a writer with a completely different vision of the characters and what made for the most compelling part of the ST.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 16 Mar 2021, 4:15 am

And also the most critically acclaimed of the three.

I must say....I still think much of it WAS spite on JJ's part. I will never forget his smirk on describing Kylo's fate as 'pretty fun'. Crying or Very sad Gnagnan

If there is one big regret i have - apart from loving Kylo/Ben - it's that I defended JJ. I repeatedly insisted that Rey was NOT a Mary Sue, that she was a complex and interesting personalty, when at the end of the day she was just..... a tiresome Mary Sue after all.

It didn't help that what they saw as strength of character in her I saw as judgemental self righteousness. Sadly post TLJ I just couldn't warm to her character at all. By the end of the film I despised her.

How I wish I hadn't defended them. My bad I guess.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Tue 16 Mar 2021, 12:30 pm

There is the Snyder cut for Justice Leage. Maybe we can have a Johnson cut for TROS? Give this guy the 10.000 hours of filmed material, hopefully he can put it to good use and create sth. watchable as continuation of TLJ.
I would do it without Johnson´s trilogy (wich will probably never come to fruitition anyway) in exchange for this one movie. A girl can dream. Cool
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 16 Mar 2021, 1:21 pm

Agree with you there.

You know, I was looking at the upcoming projects for Star Wars, they seem to have well and truly put the Skywalker saga out to grass, many new projects are set in the past but the Skywalkers have well and truly gone.

I'm not angry any more but I am sad....I loved the Star Wars saga for over 40 years, but now it's over. I guess DLF aren't interested in those of us who loved the OT cast anymore. They have essentially slapped us hard around the face with Rey Fakewalker and moved on.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 18 May 2021, 9:53 am

LOL. Hey, we agree on something.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Scree826
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 18 May 2021, 10:35 am

I don't know who's to blame, the Fandom Menace, Abrams, Terrio, or DLF...but I for one will NEVER forgive them for killing Ben Solo.

I've just heard that something is going on with John Boyega, his twitter account has been stopped or something other than that.

Please forgive me if this has already been posted:
https://twitter.com/DuoGetsRekt/status/1449344414124363777/photo/1

Here's something new(ish)
https://twitter.com/LillianSkye_

scroll down it looks like DLF are recruiting.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22