Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey Kenobi Postmortem

+22
madeinmn
BigDeal2187
rey09
SheLitAFire
californiagirl
KiraRen2015
Darth Snoopy
vaderito
Saracene
karamelreylo
Mila95
Starliteprism
unicorn
motherofpearl1
SW_Heroine_Journey
reylo1992
bruna8728
giaciak2
Socialnole
Gemini
spacebaby45678
fuhry
26 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 May 2020, 3:57 pm

I still believe.

At least the thought keeps my sanity in check, somewhat.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 19 May 2020, 2:10 pm

I've noticed several news articles speculating about the colour of Rey's lightsabre.
Apparently the Sentinels, who guarded Jedi Temples, used them.
They are described as'emotionally detached.'

This is a perfect description of what Rey has become.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Thu 04 Jun 2020, 11:18 am

I found this on a random search for 'Rey Kenobi'. Just one person's thought but I found it interesting, as well as the comment that Obi-wan would never have a kid with anyone but Satine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsTheories/comments/ffh4jx/reys_mother_is_a_kenobi/

I thought, personally, that the way Clone Wars set up Obi-wan, Satine, and Korkie, that Korkie was the obvious choice to be Rey's dad. That's all been blown out of the water, but it is true that we have no background on Rey's mom at all, and not much info about what Obi-wan did during his years of watching over Luke.

We know that Obi-wan is alone in ANH, and we know that he leaves to go to Alderaan in a hurry. If Obi-wan did have a romance on Tatooine, if it was with someone that was passing through and didn't live there, we do know that Obi-wan would never have left to go with that person, even if he knew she was pregnant or had a child.

Of course he doesn't mention any child or family in ANH. And he sacrifices himself on the Death Star - would he do that if he knew he had a daughter? Maybe not, but then again, maybe he knew that it was his one chance to allow Luke to escape.

We do know that Obi-wan is no angel. He knows his way around a bar. He went to save Satine, not as a Jedi, but as an individual. I think he could fall in love on Tatooine. I don't think he would be all that faithful to the Jedi code at that point. But I do think he would be wary of attachments, and how his own attachment to Satine got her killed.

I'm looking forward to the Kenobi series. I can't imagine they would do a whole series and not have some kind of love interest. And I know that Filoni and co like to connect things.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 07 Jun 2020, 9:55 am

fuhry wrote:I found this on a random search for 'Rey Kenobi'. Just one person's thought but I found it interesting, as well as the comment that Obi-wan would never have a kid with anyone but Satine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsTheories/comments/ffh4jx/reys_mother_is_a_kenobi/

I thought, personally, that the way Clone Wars set up Obi-wan, Satine, and Korkie, that Korkie was the obvious choice to be Rey's dad. That's all been blown out of the water, but it is true that we have no background on Rey's mom at all, and not much info about what Obi-wan did during his years of watching over Luke.

We know that Obi-wan is alone in ANH, and we know that he leaves to go to Alderaan in a hurry. If Obi-wan did have a romance on Tatooine, if it was with someone that was passing through and didn't live there, we do know that Obi-wan would never have left to go with that person, even if he knew she was pregnant or had a child.

Of course he doesn't mention any child or family in ANH. And he sacrifices himself on the Death Star - would he do that if he knew he had a daughter? Maybe not, but then again, maybe he knew that it was his one chance to allow Luke to escape.

We do know that Obi-wan is no angel. He knows his way around a bar. He went to save Satine, not as a Jedi, but as an individual. I think he could fall in love on Tatooine. I don't think he would be all that faithful to the Jedi code at that point. But I do think he would be wary of attachments, and how his own attachment to Satine got her killed.

I'm looking forward to the Kenobi series. I can't imagine they would do a whole series and not have some kind of love interest. And I know that Filoni and co like to connect things.
@fuhry

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 Tenor
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Mon 08 Jun 2020, 9:35 am

fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 08 Jun 2020, 10:00 am

I'll never understand why they chose to make Rey a Palpatine. If they wanted to undo Rey Noble they could have made her a Kenobi.
I'm sorry but I will never be able to see Palpatine's granddaughter as a Skywalker.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Mon 08 Jun 2020, 2:26 pm

@motherofpearl1 I mean, how do we really know that Rey's a Palpatine? Because Palpatine said so?
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 08 Jun 2020, 2:33 pm

True.
He could have been lying to Ben. Let's face it, he wAs always vulnerable to manipulation.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 18 Jun 2020, 5:44 am

fuhry wrote:@spacebaby45678Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 Tenor
@fuhry

After really separating myself from TROS, the ST, and the fandom, because I needed healing... I have it now.. I literally have no feelings one way or another.. Rey has been ruined as a character. The Sequel trilogy is meaningless nihilism...

Did it have to be? No. I would have preferred Rey to be a Solo... if it was going to end with her alone. Kenobi was always the best answer but a Rey Kenobi and Ben Solo ending would have wrapped up the saga in a pretty bow ending it forever...

But I don't think that is what the studio's wants.. they want Star Wars to go on and on ... the nihilism is purposeful abuse of the audience.. for future profits...

I could go on but I won't, I promised myself to let go... and I have. I do look forward to the Kenobi series... I will be excited to see it.. and I still love the Mandalorian.. however, after Grace Randolph's report of what Lucasfilm has planned it for more content UGH... who cares..

I know the emotional harm the ST has done to fans because I just got through watching a Novela Rosa Diamante that does everything the ST should have done... EVERYTHING...

Orphan girl, mysterious past, the ending gave me everything that the ST should have given to a 40 year saga, catharsis for the protagonist, love, forgiveness, hope, transformation and a happy ending.. it reminded me how spiritual and uplifting art can be and how necessary that is in times like these...

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 18 Jun 2020, 6:11 am

I feel the same way.
I am sick and tired of the seething hatred on other forums for Kylo. I'm sick of them hating on Rian. I'm sick of the contempt levelled at him for 'disrespecting' Luke when he gave him a stunning story arc, and showed far more respect for the OT cast in his film than Abrams did with BOTH his films.
I'm tired of the constant criticism of Reylo, of describing it as 'toxic, abusive and disgusting' while the same people hail JB for attacking us on SM when I've never seen a single nasty comment about him or Finn from any of the Reylo shippers I've been following on Tumblr, quite a few who've deleted their blogs post TROS.
I'm so disappointed in DLF, I honestly find it hard to put into words the level of that disappointment. Years ago SW saved me from a miserable bullying few years that passed for education. The last few years haven't been very good, and I thought they'd save me again. Instead they broke my heart.
I'm so revolted at what they've done to Rey that I now loathe and detest a character I started out loving. The very sight of her smug, sanctimonious face makes me want to reach for the nearest dartboard.

Most of all I'm furious that post TROS they appear to be doing everything they can to erase Ben Solo's very existence. They have a Secrets of the Jedi book coming out, the cover features all of them including Anakin, and several characters from the animated series - but not Kylo. SW Insider magazine is gushing about Rey Skywalker, Poe has a new book coming out - nothing about Kylo. As I mentioned on another thread, they have a new Lego set advertised, without Kylo. Instead we get Rey Succubus and the Knights of Ren.

Someone on YouTube described the TLJ retcon as 'vengeful'. The utter erasure of Ben Solo is exactly the same.
It wasn't enough to strip his character development in TLJ away. Not enough to kill him off. Not enough to have everything that should have been his handed to Rey Succubus. Not enough to have his mother and uncle replace him with the enemy's clone's kid. Not enough for Rey Succubus to never utter a word of what he did for her to them, or her groupies, or her precious resistance - too busy polishing her halo.

I've gone through hurt, anger and bewilderment at what they've done, and now I just feel....like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p6lv_8qO5x0

By the way, what did Grace Randolph say?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 18 Jun 2020, 9:34 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I feel the same way.
I am sick and tired of the seething hatred on other forums for Kylo. I'm sick of them hating on Rian. I'm sick of the contempt levelled at him for 'disrespecting' Luke when he gave him a stunning story arc, and showed far more respect for the OT cast in his film than Abrams did with BOTH his films.
I'm tired of the constant criticism of Reylo, of describing it as 'toxic, abusive and disgusting' while the same people hail JB for attacking us on SM when I've never seen a single nasty comment about him or Finn from any of the Reylo shippers I've been following on Tumblr, quite a few who've deleted their blogs post TROS.
I'm so disappointed in DLF, I honestly find it hard to put into words the level of that disappointment. Years ago SW saved me from a miserable bullying few years that passed for education. The last few years haven't been very good, and I thought they'd save me again. Instead they broke my heart.
I'm so revolted at what they've done to Rey that I now loathe and detest a character I started out loving. The very sight of her smug, sanctimonious face makes me want to reach for the nearest dartboard.

Most of all I'm furious that post TROS they appear to be doing everything they can to erase Ben Solo's very existence. They have a Secrets of the Jedi book coming out, the cover features all of them including Anakin, and several characters from the animated series - but not Kylo. SW Insider magazine is gushing about Rey Skywalker, Poe has a new book coming out - nothing about Kylo. As I mentioned on another thread, they have a new Lego set advertised, without Kylo. Instead we get Rey Succubus and the Knights of Ren.

Someone on YouTube described the TLJ retcon as 'vengeful'. The utter erasure of Ben Solo is exactly the same.
It wasn't enough to strip his character development in TLJ away. Not enough to kill him off. Not enough to have everything that should have been his handed to Rey Succubus. Not enough to have his mother and uncle replace him with the enemy's clone's kid. Not enough for Rey Succubus to never utter a word of what he did for her to them, or her groupies, or her precious resistance - too busy polishing her halo.

I've gone through hurt, anger and bewilderment at what they've done, and now I just feel....like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p6lv_8qO5x0

By the way, what did Grace Randolph say?
@motherofpearl1

Basically, the MCU'ing of the GFFA and future stories and content focused between the end of OT & the Beginning of the ST.. I literally don't care about that time frame... once again LF going back in time instead of pushing the narrative forward.

Dead Ben Solo and Rey Skywalker are the two biggest F'ups of ALL TIME
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 18 Jun 2020, 9:47 am

What's the point of doing this when we know how the story ends?
Ben dies. Rey becomes someone impossible to like.

The only thing I'd like to see is an AU from the end of TLJ onwards. They need to retcon A rams and Terrio's disaster. And refusing to see it as such is going to bite them where it hurts.
Hard.

I honestly wonder if their spiteful erasure of Ben Solo is because he became more popular than their goody two shoes protagonist?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Thu 18 Jun 2020, 10:31 am

It seems as if they want to put Rey Skywalker into the focus at literally all costs.
And I don´t get why, it´s dead in the water.
I personally think it will cost them where it hurts and nothing else, it´s so stupid.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 18 Jun 2020, 10:52 am

I hope people don't think I'm insulting Daisy saying this, but Rey was at her mostly fascinating when she was interacting with Kylo. The chemistry between them was amazing. In TROS it's even more obvious; rubbish though that film was you couldn't take your eyes off the screen when the two of them were on it. Whenever Rey was with the others she was a bore.

I think Dark Rey would have been more interesting. Some people actually suggested they could have ended the trilogy with both Rey and Kylo dark - but of course, Disney would never have done that.
I would have preferred them both as 'in the middle' so to speak, the 'resolving of grey'as said in ADF's TFA novelisation.

Having 'the Balance' coming about purely in Rey rather than the both of them was one of the biggest cop outs I've ever seen, especially as Rey most certainly is not a 'grey' Jedi. She's a pristine old fashioned 'whiter than white' Jedi, as symbolised by her clothing and 'virgo intactita'.

I still refuse to believe that was the intent right from the beginning, unless they were deliberately misdirecting.
Sadly Rey has become one of the most boring Disney characters ever.

Most of you have probably read this but....

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/adam-driver-kylo-ren-backstory-cut-star-wars-films-1202238452/
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 09 Sep 2020, 1:02 am

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 EhczkaEWoAAumwg?format=png&name=small

this tweet summed up my feelings right now perfectly...

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 8a40cb10d770da2264ad98d0315795d49b3c460e
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 09 Sep 2020, 3:46 am

So daisy has confirmed she was originally a kenobi, then it flipped flopped. @spacebaby45678 we were right, we were always right about that. She was originally a Kenobi.

Most likely during TFA and early to mid stages of 9. She was a Kenobi.  We were not seeing things that were not there. Its all there in TFA, every single thing pointed to it. Especially the ending of TFA.

I said after TROS came out that one day the Kenobi truth will start to emerge. The origin flip flopping would also start emerge. The fact that Kenobi is in TROS art book (during the mirror scene?), shows how late in the game Rey Palpatine was in production, as we kept saying.

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 Scree103

As I kept saying, there are still elements and echos of Rey Kenobi in TROS like the tower, the 2 sabers. We were not crazy. We were not seeing things.

These 2 sabers are a direct answer and continuation of what was set up in TFA vision sequence. Kylo ren had Obi Wans light saber and saw Rey Kenobi through it. Just like she saw the Skywaker descendant through the Skywalker saber. Now all we got was a garbled mess in TROS and a pointless Leia saber which is the same shape as Kenobis one.

Eventually all this about the original sabers will also come out too. I bet you. Its only a matter of time.

She was nobody in 8, and IMO a kenobi again in the mid stsge of 9. More will come out about it over time. Mark my words on that one. It already is coming out. It didn't take as long as I thought it would for the Kenobi truth to start coming out. I thought it would take years to emerge.

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 Scree104

I think you were right about REG, he was meant to be reys dad and Kenobis son. When her origins changed, he became a pointless character. His character we saw does not match up with what he said about the audition process and auditioning with daisy.

Rey Kenobi was always the most logical choice, the most fitting choice for the Saga. Ben Solo would still be alive if she was a kenobi, at the end  burying kenobi and anakins lights sabers together on tatooine and walking into the twin suns (the suns that always meant skywalker and kenobi. Never palpatine).

The Child ending was probably only meant to happen with Rey Kenobi. Thats why we never got it. That will probably come out soon too.

The fact rey kenobi is trending more than Palp is the cherry on top. Lucasfilm. You took a gamble and chose the wrong lineage. Its going to haunt them. I think the rumors about JJ changing it last minute are true and also people at LF being sad about it not being Kenobi are true based off of this.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 09 Sep 2020, 5:27 am

All I can think is - why?
Why not Rey Kenobi? Why kill off Ben?
My only assumption is that they wanted to please the woke fakers - how DARE Rey fall in love with this abuser of women!
They wanted to please the haters - Ben must die because he killed Han Solo. Who cares if Han's bloodline is erased with him.
They didn't want Obi Wan to have fallen in love, and had a lover. No, to be a 'pure'Jedi you must be an eternally sexually oppressed space monk (see Netflix's Cursed to see how well THAT turns out).

End result - complete disaster.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 09 Sep 2020, 5:34 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:All I can think is - why?
Why not Rey Kenobi? Why kill off Ben?
My only assumption is that they wanted to please the woke fakers - how DARE Rey fall in love with this abuser of women!
They wanted to please the haters - Ben must die because he killed Han Solo. Who cares if Han's bloodline is erased with him.
They didn't want Obi Wan to have fallen in love, and had a lover. No, to be a 'pure'Jedi you must be an eternally sexually oppressed space monk (see Netflix's Cursed to see how well THAT turns out).

End result - complete disaster.
@motherofpearl1

Most likely a feminist message. Which backfired.

The didnt want to make the woman lead a mother looking after a baby. They wanted a strong, independent woman. As if being a mother and partner is somehow anti woman? Good god.

They literally tossed away a decent story for a political agenda. Ruined a logical conclusion to the SW saga.

Its like they forgot it was SW. Its like they forgot what was set up in 7 and 8.

It all comes across on screen, they f**** up when they didnt keep a solid lineage for Rey, the mess translates to screen. We can see it and they ruined her character. She became a blank slab of clay with no solid character depth.

Rey nobody still would have worked better but they garbled it again in 9. It all shows on screen with rey. They fudged reys character.

In doing so they destroyed Ben Solo and a decent ending.

I know everyone loves Rey Nobody here, its better than rey Palp. But personally I knew it was a red flag and  clear  threat Ben Solo was going to die. The second you start pushing a main character that doesn't need to be special or linked to a previous character or any character, its a warning sign that they are going to be taking everything and being alone. It was a bad omen for me when they pushed her as inheriting the Skywalker mantle and having no link to kenobi for her to stand equally beside the skywslkers. Instead they pushed palp/no one, so, it opened the window for her to take it all from them and not need to fit naturally beside them as a kenobi would.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 09 Sep 2020, 5:43 am

Worst thing is it's made Rey both unbelievable and unlikeable.
Even Rey Nobody would have worked - lonely young woman finally finds love, and a family. Instead the stupid idiots say her family is the Resistance.
Really? When the war is over, they'll disband. Poe has Zorri, Finn has Jannah.
Rey has two ghosts and a robot.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 09 Sep 2020, 5:53 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Worst thing is it's made Rey both unbelievable and unlikeable.
Even Rey Nobody would have worked - lonely young woman finally finds love, and a family. Instead the stupid idiots say her family is the Resistance.
Really? When the war is over, they'll disband. Poe has Zorri, Finn has Jannah.
Rey has two ghosts and a robot.
@motherofpearl1

Yep, all we got was an empty feeling in regards to this story..its insane. Like, I agree they could have made a nobody end up with him but for me it was a warning sign that they were pushing a theme of a woman lead not needing anyone and being strong on her own..but they still could have changed that and have  a nobody end up with him, it would work.

Rey palp would  never end up with a skywalker. Its like they also chose this to drive that final nail in the coffin, so it would be impossible.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 Empty Sigh.

Post by Starliteprism Wed 09 Sep 2020, 6:23 am

Gemini wrote:So daisy has confirmed she was originally a kenobi, then it flipped flopped. @spacebaby45678 we were right, we were always right about that. She was originally a Kenobi.

Most likely during TFA and early to mid stages of 9. She was a Kenobi.  We were not seeing things that were not there. Its all there in TFA, every single thing pointed to it. Especially the ending of TFA.

I said after TROS came out that one day the Kenobi truth will start to emerge. The origin flip flopping would also start emerge. The fact that Kenobi is in TROS art book (during the mirror scene?), shows how late in the game Rey Palpatine was in production, as we kept saying.

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 Scree103

As I kept saying, there are still elements and echos of Rey Kenobi in TROS like the tower, the 2 sabers. We were not crazy. We were not seeing things.

These 2 sabers are a direct answer and continuation of what was set up in TFA vision sequence. Kylo ren had Obi Wans light saber and saw Rey Kenobi through it. Just like she saw the Skywaker descendant through the Skywalker saber. Now all we got was a garbled mess in TROS and a pointless Leia saber which is the same shape as Kenobis one.

Eventually all this about the original sabers will also come out too. I bet you. Its only a matter of time.

She was nobody in 8, and IMO a kenobi again in the mid stsge of 9. More will come out about it over time. Mark my words on that one. It already is coming out. It didn't take as long as I thought it would for the Kenobi truth to start coming out. I thought it would take years to emerge.

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 3 Scree104

I think you were right about REG, he was meant to be reys dad and Kenobis son. When her origins changed, he became a pointless character. His character we saw does not match up with what he said about the audition process and auditioning with daisy.

Rey Kenobi was always the most logical choice, the most fitting choice for the Saga. Ben Solo would still be alive if she was a kenobi, at the end  burying kenobi and anakins lights sabers together on tatooine and walking into the twin suns (the suns that always meant skywalker and kenobi. Never palpatine).

The Child ending was probably only meant to happen with Rey Kenobi. Thats why we never got it. That will probably come out soon too.

The fact rey kenobi is trending more than Palp is the cherry on top. Lucasfilm. You took a gamble and chose the wrong lineage. Its going to haunt them. I think the rumors about JJ changing it last minute are true and also people at LF being sad about it not being Kenobi are true based off of this.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-rey-was-initially-going-to-be-related-to-obi-wan-says-daisy-ridley/

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Gemini likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 09 Sep 2020, 6:29 am

It makes me so mad - if this is the direction Disney intends to go with their female characters I'm out.
I'm just sorry they've got Marvel movies.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Starliteprism likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Wed 09 Sep 2020, 7:10 am

Tbh I think the Kenobi reveal would have been kinda pointless unless they did something like actually introduce one of Rey's parents and make it a whole storyline. Otherwise Kenobi means nothing to Rey just like Palpatine. But the Palpatine thing wasted so much time and was so thematically awful and nihilistic, I don't see how Kenobi would have been worse. Also hope this stops people from claiming JJ had a plan at all lol

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 09 Sep 2020, 7:18 am

Mila95 wrote:Tbh I think the Kenobi reveal would have been kinda pointless unless they did something like actually introduce one of Rey's parents and make it a whole storyline. Otherwise Kenobi means nothing to Rey just like Palpatine. But the Palpatine thing wasted so much time and was so thematically awful and nihilistic, I don't see how Kenobi would have been worse. Also hope this stops people from claiming JJ had a plan at all lol
@Mila95

I personally disagree. Daisy clearly states the original plan was Kenobi. Which would indicate that was the plan in 7. JJ even said he had an idea about where he wanted it to go in 7, here we have the answer. He also mentioned it was a sibling like or a love bond he was toying with. Which is where a kenobi/skywaker bond could go. Either a familial type bond or he could choose romance path instead.

She then says she was a nobody (that was 8 which we know)

I mean to me and many others, we also saw who she was in 7, this was clear as day with 7, she was a kenobi. The film language, story and theme of being connected to the skywalkers suggested this.

Had they continued with what they actually set up, Rey Kenobi would have worked perfectly. But inagree, after 8nit could make less sense ad be problematic.

JJ clearly had a plan with 7 and it dissapeared.

In terms of the saga, its the only lineage that actually fits IMO and would have tied it all up neatly and left people on a high.

The parent was probably going to be Pryde. That changed.

Again I think its only a matter of time until the whole truth will come out.

What they later did totally destroyed the clear kenobi set up of 7. Had they just continued what they stated  story would have been coherent at least. Not a big mish mash of ideas.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by karamelreylo Wed 09 Sep 2020, 7:23 am

I'm not saying Rey Kenobi isn't valid because it obviously is, but I didn't see the set up at all either in TFA. It never struck my mind that Rey could be a Kenobi. I just thought it was a fan theory. There was a short spell where I thought Rey could be Luke's, but that's because I'm stupid sometimes. I didn't ship Reylo until the TLJ trailer.

karamelreylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next