Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you liked in TROS

+26
spacebaby45678
guardienne
unicorn
Riri
SkyStar
reylo1992
nickandnora
olyer
motherofpearl1
cherrylipstick
Darth Dementor
SW_Heroine_Journey
shii405
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Forsythia
bruna8728
Ramblingrose
MaddieDove
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonlight13
TheLastJedi
rey09
special_cases
Atenais
Froggy
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What you liked in TROS Empty What you liked in TROS

Post by Froggy Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:30 pm

I've been quite depressed since TROS and its endind, I'm so glad this forum exists it really helps.
I guess we all need some positive thoughts so...what did you like in TROS ? Because there were some good things.

Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

What you liked in TROS Empty Re: What you liked in TROS

Post by Atenais Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:43 pm

* Kylo's / Ben's scenes;
* Reylo's scenes;
* Han Solo scene.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:49 pm

When Poe shouted "I knew it" to Hux... Hm, I think I need to check some Poe/Hux fics if they exists. I once read very funny parody fic where Hux was secretly writing and broadcasting Reylo fanfiction for evil reasons and in the end Rey and Kylo are united because of his fanfiction and Hux is so stunned by love from his readers and fans that he decides to leave FO and start a career of writer. This version of Hux reminded me TROS's Hux and I decided that I like his character even more.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:54 pm

The ship struggle at Pasana with Kylo and Rey that was so cool.
the exegol stuff was really cool, the sith palace
dark rey fight (but way too short)
babu frikk was actually really cute and funny
and obviously the kiss

poe was funny there was a quote he said to 3po "move your metal a**" LOL

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastJedi Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:03 pm

Ben Solo's 5 minutes
Han Solo
TheLastJedi
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:25 pm

Kylo/Ben's scenes
Reylo kiss
Han scene
Hux being the mole (I didn't think I would like it but I did Laughing )
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:43 pm

- Poe! I actually think he has a clear and OK story arc. It's not great, but it's acceptable in the rest of this mess.
- Zorrii. She didn't have too much screen time and I liked her costume.
- Threepio had some funny moments.
- Rose at all. I have to put her here out of spite.
- Babu Frik was pretty adorable.
- Tug-of-war over the transport, although I absolutely despise the Force lightning.
- Lando's cameos were fine even if I hated how contrived the circumstances always felt. Billy Dee did a pretty good job.
- Kylo dropping in and telling Rey that Palpatine wants her dead and her not being surprised. It makes it feel as though they've been in contact, which is weird but neat?
- Mole Hux. The scene is actually pretty funny and Poe's reaction is great. "I knew it!"
- Kylo wanting to save Rey's life, although the fact that the Oracle was cut makes his motivations less interesting and more vague.
- Rey vs. Dark Rey, though it was too short. So many things in this movie are cut short just as they begin to get interesting.
- Rey telling Kylo she wanted to take Ben's hand while she heals him and Kylo being shocked, as if he never expected her to say it.
- Leia's last words being "Ben", though it goes nowhere and really has no resolution.
- Rey's moment where she gives up revolving around hurting Kylo.
- Rey burning Kylo's Tai while he encounters the image of Han. Rebirth!
- The whole scene with Han. It was one of the only good scenes in the film that meant something for the trilogy.
- Ben being the one who has the moment of "throwing the lightsaber aside", mirroring Luke in RotJ.
- Ben Skywalker Solo, the one true hero in this film who saves what he loves and has a real arc and meaningful conclusion.
- Ben running like a free child, using a blaster, smirking, smiling, making his family proud.
- Ben's "Jedi" getup being a black sweater and leggings. The costume change is symbolic and tells you all you need to know.
- Rey seeing Ben through the Force Bond and knowing he has changed. Best moment in the film for me.
- Rey handing him the saber and Ben igniting it behind his back. This earned the most cheers by far.
- Rey and Ben standing together and Palpatine telling them they'll die together.
- Ben limping toward Rey's corpse and holding her. Adam's acting was phenomenal.
- Ben loving Rey so much that he would rather see her live than go on and atone. His sacrifice is earned even if I think it was the lazy story.
- Ben being the only character whose story arc has any stakes whatsoever in this entire shitshow.
- Rey waking up in his arms and being so happy to see Ben Solo. The kiss is really great even if I think movie has nothing on TLJ's "Reylo".
- Rey at least being alone on Tatooine so we can "somewhat" mourn the Skywalkers. Sadly the movie doesn't let us mourn Ben.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sun 22 Dec 2019, 5:06 pm

Ben Solo (from the memory of Han up to him smiling). (I didn't like Kylo Ren parts.)
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingrose Sun 22 Dec 2019, 5:25 pm

special_cases wrote:When Poe shouted "I knew it" to Hux... Hm, I think I need to check some Poe/Hux fics if they exists. I once read very funny parody fic where Hux was secretly writing and broadcasting Reylo fanfiction for evil reasons and in the end Rey and Kylo are united because of his fanfiction and Hux is so stunned by love from his readers and fans that he decides to leave FO and start a career of writer. This version of Hux reminded me TROS's Hux and I decided that I like his character even more.
@special_cases

I want to read that! Laughing
Ramblingrose
Ramblingrose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingrose Sun 22 Dec 2019, 5:27 pm

Ben's smile
The kiss
Bringing her back to life
Han and Ben
The duel on the wreck
Ramblingrose
Ramblingrose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by bruna8728 Sun 22 Dec 2019, 5:39 pm

I watched just one time but what I liked for now is:

-All Ben solo's scenes, the last scene with Ben and Rey
-The scenes with Kylo and Rey - they could be better but is fine the way it is (The dialogue and the mask didn't help for me)
-Poe and Zori - they are adorable
-Rey healing the space snake - Is weird I just liked the fact the she didn't just killed it and instead cured him, an very matture and less impulsive Rey, its great
- C3PO

bruna8728
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 22 Dec 2019, 6:01 pm

• The Soundtrack
  • The cinematography of some of the earlier space scenes
  • Han and Ben scene was so touching
  • Bendemption
  • Adam Driver making an impression as Ben Solo without saying a single word
  • Kylo/Ben always fighting like a bada*s
  • Ben fighting the KoR
  • Ben's sweater
  • Ben's smile
  • Reylo confirmed
  • More Force Bond scenes
  • Poe - I didn't care about his character before, but I really liked him in TROS
  • Zorii - when she appeared I thought "not another new pointless character" but she won me over quickly
  • Rey gets her own lightsaber at the end, and it's yellow
  • Porg cameo
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 22 Dec 2019, 6:07 pm

Ben solo moments..the "OW!'

Reylo kiss, was beautiful and Ben's smile. They were like kids and their first loves.

Han speaking with Ben moment and he says "dad?" I cried. He tossed his saber, as he should have in TFA.

The moment rey reaches past palpatines lightning to the  stars. Leo constellation is there and Obi Wan reaches her first to pick her up. He speaks like mufasa "remember" as he somewhat repeats what he said to her in TFA. His harp music in tow.

The ending was beautiful lighting and music, and the old lady "no ones been here for so long" was a good shot, not gonna lie. The rest after that?
..nope

Heart broke in all these moments.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:08 pm

Ramblingrose wrote:
special_cases wrote:When Poe shouted "I knew it" to Hux... Hm, I think I need to check some Poe/Hux fics if they exists. I once read very funny parody fic where Hux was secretly writing and broadcasting Reylo fanfiction for evil reasons and in the end Rey and Kylo are united because of his fanfiction and Hux is so stunned by love from his readers and fans that he decides to leave FO and start a career of writer. This version of Hux reminded me TROS's Hux and I decided that I like his character even more.
@special_cases

I want to read that! Laughing
@Ramblingrose

So do I. Laughing Does anyone have a link or remember the name of it?  Is it on Archive of Our Own?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 22 Dec 2019, 7:13 pm

-Cool and awesome Kylo's opening scene
-Kylo chasing after Rey, she escape, over and over again, like Tom and Jerry
-Hux commenting on Kylo's mask, Japanese subtitles says "It looks great on you" and it made me laugh
-Kylo's hot wet looks in Kef Bir
-Han/Ben's father/son convo for one last time (the only part I was actually in tears watching this movie)
-Ben in Jedi getup for the first time, acting like boyfriend coming to the rescue at Exegol
-The whole Reylo climax (minus disappearing Ben)
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:29 pm

I love the Reylo and Bendemption scenes

In addition, I also love Rey's kindness and compassion with D-O.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:50 pm

Atenais wrote:* Kylo's / Ben's scenes;
* Reylo's scenes;
* Han Solo scene.
@Atenais

Same here, especially the Reylo snog. As soon as it happened I turned to my mate I was watching it with and said "hi five, bruv!" In an annoyed and angry tone he told me to "eff off."
Guess he hasn't come aboard the Reylo train, just yet? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Mon 23 Dec 2019, 1:44 am

Unfortunately not very much Laughing

I'd say:
BEN SOLO in all his majesty
Han and Ben scene
Babu Frik, so cute
Shocking news... Poe. Never liked him very much in the previous movies, but I have to admit that I liked him in this one.
Reylo scenes, although I expected to be more involved.
C3PO
Ben's smile, that I honestly consider the actual movie ending H-beating
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Dec 2019, 2:28 am

Every one of Adam's scenes, both as Kylo and Ben.
The kiss.
Han and Ben.
Chewie mourning Leia (now that was moving).
Rey and.Poe arguing over BB. That was actually Poe's best scene.
The sinking sands.
Rey destroying the ship with Force lightning. In short, the only scene where she was shown as flawed.
Lando. Lovely to see Billy again.
Dark Rey. More scary than Palpatine.
Rey healing Ben/Ben healing Rey.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 23 Dec 2019, 2:49 am

I have to give it some more thought because honestly, I didn't find a lot to like about this movie.  But for now I would say:

All scenes with Kylo/Ben
The kiss, even though what happened immediately after was devastating Sad
I think everyone's acting throughout was really good, especially Adam

Other than that I'll have to think about it.  I might see it again on Saturday so maybe I'll be able to add more.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 23 Dec 2019, 8:38 am

Omg..that end scene where he revives her, it really is like they are seeing each other properly for the first time.. so bloody sad and beautiful. Top moment in the movie.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by olyer Mon 23 Dec 2019, 8:44 am

i liked the Kijimi location, with the snow falling, and I liked Zorii's introduction.
olyer
olyer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 23 Dec 2019, 10:12 am

I remember liking a lot of things (the problem is that the movie is so, so stuffed that it's hard to remember).

- I actually really liked the quicksand scene and Finn's "Rey I have something to tell you" because within that scene it was meta and played for laughs (as in, it was something that people in movies always say in situations like that). It would have been cute had they just left it alone, but instead it became a thing which put a damper on the lightness of the moment and made it confusing.
- Poe and Zorrii were really good if not a bit unecessary. I was glad to see Oscar Isaac back to being talented, lol.
- I actually really liked the dynamic of Rey and Kylo's first force bond. I like the statement that it started with - "Palpatine wants to kill you" - I liked Rey's taunting him about serving another master and him saying he had other plans. And of course I love that he spells out right away for the audience that he knows she wanted to take his hand. I thought that was really significant, actually.
- I like that it's clearly shown Kylo is playing two sides. I strongly think the implication was supposed to be that Kylo was trying to protect Rey (and this is what Adam was hinting at when he talked about a wordless motivation change). Of course it was chopped up so much in the edit (for some weird reason) but I think it was still there.
- the Hux reveal was GREAT
- Everything after Rey stabs Kylo on the Death Star. Dear lord, that was emotional.
- Ben.Freaking.Solo.
- I actually really liked the Sith arena and everything going on there. It was really frightening. In addition I liked having it confirmed that a Sith's goal is to inhabit the bodies of others to live forever by getting the other person to kill them out of anger. That has always, always, ALWAYS been my suspicion of what has been going on.
- Everything from the moment Ben comes out of the pit to the end of their kiss. Just beautiful and poignant.
- Again, I *personally* liked the symbolism of taking parts from the two lightsabers and making one new one, but it belongs in a better, more nuanced film.

There might have been more I'm forgetting. It's not a good film, but it was enjoyable in its own weird way (up until the very ending at least).

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy Mon 23 Dec 2019, 3:26 pm

Omg..that end scene where he revives her, it really is like they are seeing each other properly for the first time.. so bloody sad and beautiful. Top moment in the movie.

Yes so beautiful and there's the fact that he smiles for the first time.

- I also loved their fighting scenes (I've always loved them) and when she heals him. I was quite shoked that both of them were ready to kill the other, I thought they would realize their mistake on their own but Rey wasn't really herself at that moment

- Rey and Ben standing together and Palpatine telling them they'll die together.

H-beating

- the simple fact that Reylo is confirmed

- I loved the visual effects and especially the part with the waves (waves have always fascinated me)

- Babu Frik !

- the whole "chasing the scavenger thing" as someone said on another thread, it was like being in a fanfiction

- Poe/Finn friendship

- D-O saying "no thanks" Lolilol
Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 11:39 am

Reylo in general

Ben showing his Han Solo energy

To me, the entire sequence on Death Star stands out as the climax of the sequel trilogy and truly one of the best sequences in the entire franchise  I loved everything about it in term of directing choice, emotional tension and acting. The return in the Death Star's throne room, White Swan vs. Black Swan Rey, the tense dialogue between Kylo and Rey, the choregraphy of the fight, Rey sending Finn away once and for all, Leia dying in the most meaningful way, Rey finally realizing what she did wrong during the proposal and correcting her mistake, Rey subtly confessing Ben she loves him and running away, Adam Driver's micro expressions and the internal dialogue with Han Solo.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next