Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reylo Arc Discussion

+12
reylo1992
Atenais
Birdwoman
MaddieDove
special_cases
nickandnora
Mila95
rey09
Darth Dementor
FrolickingFizzgig
Saracene
shii405
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reylo Arc Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Reylo Arc Discussion

Post by LadyHa Thu 26 Dec 2019, 8:59 pm

@shii405 Thank you for writing this dialogue out! Here's another exchange; it's what they say when they first encounter each other on the Death Star ruins:

Kylo (mask is off): Look at yourself. You wanted to prove to my mother that you were a Jedi, but you've proven something else. You can't go back to her now. Like I can't.
R: Give it to me.
K: The dark side in is our [reach?]. Surrender to it.
K: The only way you'll get to Exegol is with me.

So after looking at the Reylo scenes and thinking about all of their dialogue, I noticed that almost all of the exposition about Rey being "A Palpatine" is spoken by Kylo when his mask is on. Rey's responses are vague and could be replies to just about anything. Even the lines I wrote out above - they could be talking about something else, like Rey accidentally killing Chewie.

My current conspiracy theory is that the whole Rey Palpatine thread was a later addition and that Adam just went to the studio and ADR'd most of the lines about it. Rey is definitely talking about it at the end in her scenes with El Palps, but most of the dialogue about it throughout the body of the film appears to be via voiceover.
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 27 Dec 2019, 5:48 am

shii405 wrote:Ugh! We need this deleted scene!!

Reylo Arc Discussion - Page 2 Img_2010
@shii405

Yep there were 2 endings, I firmly believe that. Reylo were placed in the twin suns twice during the marketing. They were supposed to end there together. But because she is a Palpatine taking the Skywalker name, this was wiped away. I'm betting. Cant have 2 rising skywalkers if the lead hero Palpatine is stealing it or a lead hero random is stealing it because "you dont need lineage to be the rising Skywalker, you just are special enough."

How beautiful this could have been if they had stuck with whatever the Rey palp lineage was changed to before daisy said they changed it back to palp midway through production. Ben would still be alive with the middle one. It would be significant yet not negative enough for her to take the Skywalker mantle. Both random and Palparine are negative. The former LF have said was negative. No way there could be any other outcome but Ben dead with those 2.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2019, 7:51 am

LadyHa wrote:@shii405 Thank you for writing this dialogue out! Here's another exchange; it's what they say when they first encounter each other on the Death Star ruins:

Kylo (mask is off): Look at yourself. You wanted to prove to my mother that you were a Jedi, but you've proven something else. You can't go back to her now. Like I can't.
K: The dark side in is our [reach?]. Surrender to it.
K: The only way you'll get to Exegol is with me.
@LadyHa

I think it's "The dark side is in our nature."

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy Mon 30 Dec 2019, 7:14 am

Gemini wrote:
shii405 wrote:Ugh! We need this deleted scene!!

Reylo Arc Discussion - Page 2 Img_2010
@shii405

Yep there were 2 endings, I firmly believe that. Reylo were placed in the twin suns twice during the marketing. They were supposed to end there together. But because she is a Palpatine taking the Skywalker name, this was wiped away. I'm betting. Cant have 2 rising skywalkers if the lead hero Palpatine is stealing it or a lead hero random is stealing it because "you dont need lineage to be the rising Skywalker, you just are special enough."

How beautiful this could have been if they had stuck with whatever the Rey palp lineage was changed to before daisy said they changed it back to palp midway through production. Ben would still be alive with the middle one. It would be significant yet not negative enough for her to take the Skywalker mantle. Both random and Palparine are negative. The former LF have said was negative. No way there could be any other outcome but Ben dead with those 2.
@Gemini

How perfect it wound have been 😥 I hope we will see it one day when the dvd is released

Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 25 Jan 2020, 3:15 am

I'm hoping we'll get a theatrical release and an extended/alternate release on dvd/blu ray at some time.
I remember years ago reading that they made two different endings for Fatal Attraction - the one with the original ending was released years later but there has been such controversy over TROS Disney might release the other version earlier - especially if TROS didn't make as much as they thought it would.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2