Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TROS Box Office Thread

+25
Piper Maru
MaddieDove
rey09
Kessel
thescavenger
Starliteprism
lauvamp
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
Lily Snape
Atenais
Kylo Rey
Mila95
cherrylipstick
Riri
unicorn
rawpowah
Saracene
Kyla Ren
special_cases
OrionStars
SW_Heroine_Journey
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
nickandnora
29 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: TROS Box Office Thread

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 19 Jan 2020, 9:48 am

DeeBee wrote:I've been enjoying the updates from those of us who understand this stuff. thanks!

Just wondering - when is the next Disney shareholder meeting?

I'm wondering how the sales of TROS merchandise has been going- any news?
I know I've spent waaaaay less on TROS than previous films.. just wondering if this is translating into reduced book sales, toy sales, etc.
Anyone?
I'm guessing there will be a wave of new products that try to bring together the whole saga - that's going to be laughable (in a painful way!). What's the overall story? In 6 words: Jedi good. Sith bad. Force? Dunno.
@DeeBee

I'm not sure when the next shareholder meeting is....I am thinking February or March, but it's only a guess. Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 19 Jan 2020, 9:52 am

Scott believes that if the GA did not take their time to see the movie on Christmas week AND because competition was light (it had less than TLJ), it would be a lot worse. Not only Reylos are upset (feeling as though SW is not for them), I really think female GA members wonder the same thing. So, they have a lot of work to do to regain the trust of the female GA member.

Box Office: ‘Rise Of Skywalker’ Turned ‘Star Wars’ Into A $6 Billion Wash

"Alas, all of that goodwill and earned credit, because even Solo got decent reviews and positive audience scores, has been more-or-less washed away in the aftermath of The Rise of Skywalker. As my father likes to say, “trust is a must or your game’s a bust.”

Had they at least made Rise of Skywalker a “yes, and…” sequel to Last Jedi and Force Awakens, or at least given us a “Skywalker Saga finale” that worked as meat-and-potatoes entertainment regardless of its story choices, Lucasfilm and Disney would be better off. They now in a position where Disney’s Star Wars franchise is a $5.9 billion wash. It made money and earned some new fans, but it’s now, like DC Films after Batman v Superman, going to have to start from scratch in terms of making Star Wars exciting again. In an attempt to preserve the past, Disney may have just killed the future."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/19/box-office-rise-of-skywalker-turned-lucasfilm-star-wars-into-a-6-billion-wash-for-disney/#4c8e438d3d32
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 19 Jan 2020, 5:01 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Wow that's not good.
I'm British as well, and if it's being pulled in the capital the signs aren't promising.
@motherofpearl1

Just had a look at movie listings at my local and only three showings a day left. Once at one showing, then it will be gone the following week.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 20 Jan 2020, 1:56 am

It's so sad SW has come to this......but maybe it's needed for Disney/LF to realise how unfair they've been. Unfair to completely disregard the hard work Rian Johnson did with TLJ, unfair to treat KMT so much shamefully, unfair to essentially rewrite everything so to appease toxic bigots, and most of all unfair to end a series of movies that were originally full of hope on such a depressing note. At Christmas.
They reduced little kids to tears, betrayed those that defended them and sent a pretty unpleasant message regarding abuse victims. Apparently all to quietly get rid of Lucas's original characters and promote a twisted feminist ideal that as a woman I find disturbing.
Now they're paying. In their pockets.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Tue 21 Jan 2020, 1:21 pm

This dumb movie does still relatively well in Germany. I don´t get it, I´m so embarrassed. Rolling Eyes
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 21 Jan 2020, 1:26 pm

I've seen a lot of love for it on CBR as well, I think it's the popcorn appeal of loads of action. But this isn't a film that will stand the test of time.

And for all the TLJ hate I think a lot of older fans will be disappointed in it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 21 Jan 2020, 7:21 pm

I can't wait for shareholders meeting, I want to *hear* how they won't mention anything connected to ST.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 22 Jan 2020, 5:27 am

Regarding the art book being withdrawn.
I don't know if anyone's already posted this but look at his concept art:
https://o0-snowdrop-0o.tumblr.com/post/190313184684/im-planning-to-write-about-these-things-laterbut

From the looks of this, they really did want Kylo to 'go dark' in TROS.
Have they withdrawn the book to change this? Or is there another reason?
I'm genuinely intrigued as to why they've withdrawn the book.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 22 Jan 2020, 9:42 am

I own all the artbooks and while those pictures can look scary, they're nothing new. In the artbook of TFA, Kylo is literally a machine that eats suns, Luke is a ghoul, Anakin looks deformed and half-man/half-machine, etc. It's more about visual possibilities than any plot point, to be honest.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 22 Jan 2020, 9:52 am

Exactly. it's brainstorming not discarded plot points. fans look for spoilers in art books but most of them are not that (though some of the art could be repurposed elsewhere, like the Inquisitors) and even if there were plot points who cares now that they are discarded? it's like CT script. It didn't make it into the movie so who cares what's in it?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 22 Jan 2020, 10:18 am

True.
But... why did they delay the book's release? And now they're trying to round up those that WERE released and intend to destroy them.
I'm genuinely baffled as to what Disney are doing.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 02 Feb 2020, 7:41 am

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:16 am

I actually expected this.
A lot of fans went offline to avoid spoilers. Others, like me, went with heavy hearts but expecting a good film, even if it had a sad ending.

Instead we got JJ and Chris's fantiction about Luke and Leia having a kid. And the adventures of the Three Amigos. With no plot, no heart, no point.

Once word of mouth got out, the rest was history. I'm so sorry SW has come to this.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 02 Feb 2020, 9:13 am

In a bit of good news for TRoS, it will exceed RO in the Worldwide box office (but not domestic).

Ironically, it's most likely because the GA took their time to see it Christmas Week in the US/Canada. So, that brief rally helped it, overall. Now, if the GA connected with the movie in US/Canada, then it would have exceeded Rogue One domestically,too.

I believe only US/Canada helped it for worldwide numbers because per Box Office Mojo, it did not do exceptionally well (exceed 100M) in any country, (https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releasegroup/gr2303480325/) except in the US/Canada. Again, as I mentioned...irony!

I am biased, I do believe that if Ben Solo lived, and there was a romantic HEA for Reylo, then the box office in the US/Canada would have exceeded Rogue One AND The Last Jedi.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/02/01/friday-box-office-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-tops-beauty-and-the-beast-and-aladdin-1917-dolittle-gentlemen-jumanji/#4b33368261d7
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sun 02 Feb 2020, 11:15 am

Dammit, I so hoped it wouldn´t beat RO, and not because I´m a big fan of RO.
Instead of celebrating the billion they got, they should mourn the other billion they lost with this crap.

Last edited by unicorn on Sun 02 Feb 2020, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 02 Feb 2020, 11:21 am

I suspect it's only beaten RO because it's got Kylo in it, and I'm serious - he's the most popular character in the ST.
I wonder how it they'd continued to make films with the Trio if they'd been hits.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 02 Feb 2020, 11:28 am

unicorn wrote:Dammit, I so hoped it would´t beat RO, and not because I´m a big fan of RO.
Instead of celebrating the billion they got, they should mourn the other billion they lost with this crap.
@unicorn

I'm bummed about the news too, yet DLF knows the variables (and if they are in denial, shareholders will push back), so that is the positive. It is really ironic the Christmas week rally, when the USA/Canada GA took their time to see the movie helped it get past RO international, but not domestic.

Worldwide, it would have soared even more, especially in Asia, if Ben lived, and there was a romantic HEA too. It did meh in Asia, including Japan.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 02 Feb 2020, 11:29 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I suspect it's only beaten RO because it's got Kylo in it, and I'm serious - he's the most popular character in the ST.
I wonder how it they'd continued to make films with the Trio if they'd been hits.
@motherofpearl1

I agree. Worldwide, whatever bit extra it made to give it the extra push, is primarily because of Kylo/Ben.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sun 02 Feb 2020, 11:40 am

@ DLF: Friendly hint for future movies, in which characters people could possibly be interested, and in which not so much...

Thing is, the possibly favourite one dissolved into nothing. Mad

TROS Box Office Thread - Page 6 Statis10
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 02 Feb 2020, 12:33 pm

How many bets they're starting to regret letting Terrio and Abrams make their fanfiction into a SW movie?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 02 Feb 2020, 12:36 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:How many bets they're starting to regret letting Terrio and Abrams make their fanfiction into a SW movie?
@motherofpearl1

Considering the release/leaks about Star Wars Underground and Colin's version...a lot. They're trying to divert attention what could have been (for Film Twitter), plus with the focus on TCW and Project Luminous this month - the present/future - for the shareholders and Film Twitter.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 23 Apr 2020, 10:17 am

The Rise of Skywalker Ranks As The Lowest Profiting Movie Of Star Wars' Sequel Trilogy

https://thedirect.com/article/the-rise-of-skywalker-is-the-9th-most-profitable-film-of-2019-lowest-of-the-sequel-trilogy

Suspicions now confirmed as to why fem gaze is the focus of a future project, and the clip released for the bts show for The Mandalorian emphasizing kids, needs to be uplifting, etc

...they financial know TROS=mistake, & its targeted audience doesn't=$. LF redemption arc Smile lol And if the redemption arc equals a lot of money, I will not be surprised if DLF's answer about TROS is "TROS who?" lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 23 Apr 2020, 11:03 am

I noticed while watching TROS Rey is much more interesting when interacting with Kylo. When she's with the others she's nowhere near as engaging. I don't know if they got on off screen but there was a real chemistry between Adam and Daisy on camera.
As I've said elsewhere on this forum I'm absolutely sure they will eventually retcon TROS, even if only in books or comics. As long as they bring back Ben, even if only in a comic, I'd be happy!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6