Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.

+8
Kylo Rey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Atenais
motherofpearl1
unicorn
fuhry
Gemini
guardienne
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.  Empty [ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.

Post by guardienne Mon 30 Dec 2019, 5:33 am

i am disappoint. this trope was absolutely insufficiently served.

anyone you would have liked to lose the odd limb?

i'm thinking hux for some reason Evil
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

[ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.  Empty Re: [ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.

Post by Gemini Mon 30 Dec 2019, 5:42 am

guardienne wrote:i am disappoint. this trope was absolutely insufficiently served.

@guardienne

Hux, yes...or even the emperor zombie boi, would have been great.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

[ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.  Empty Re: [ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.

Post by fuhry Wed 01 Jan 2020, 6:41 pm

I was hoping someone would lose a foot.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Thu 02 Jan 2020, 2:49 am

Ben´s whole body is lost. And he is a Skywalker. I think this counts. Twisted Evil

I hate this whole limb losing stuff anyway.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 02 Jan 2020, 5:14 pm

I don't know about losing limbs but the entire creative team lost the plot.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 02 Jan 2020, 5:57 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I don't know about losing limbs but the entire creative team lost the plot.
@motherofpearl1

lol!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Fri 03 Jan 2020, 1:06 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I don't know about losing limbs but the entire creative team lost the plot.
@motherofpearl1

Lolilol Thumbs up
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 03 Jan 2020, 9:08 pm

Tweet that I saw...my heart..

"someone just said that the 'Skywalker' who lost a limb of this trilogy was Rey because she lost her entire other half and that hit me really hard."

https://twitter.com/reykryze/status/1212883303683915776
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 12 May 2020, 5:40 am

I've posted this on another thread here.....but I can't help it.i find it so abhorrent.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sZbmpLGod_Y

Rey is supposed to be The Balance made flesh. In short, she doesn't need anyone but herself.
I'm an asexual woman who HAS to remain single. I do not recommend it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Tue 12 May 2020, 12:24 pm

She needs nobody and nothing.
Least a boring story of holy pure Rey Fakewalker to be continued.
It´s already more than enough said and (damage) done.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 12 May 2020, 12:44 pm

I doubt if it will continue on screen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make it work in the comics.

The sad thing is, they have destroyed everything that was likeable about Rey. I can understand how many fans of hers are refusing to see TROS Rey as canon.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 12 May 2020, 2:33 pm

Why are threads on here constantly being bumped with posts that having nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 12 May 2020, 3:11 pm

Sorry, I'm running out of things to do in lockdown!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 13 May 2020, 2:07 am

guardienne wrote:i am disappoint. this trope was absolutely insufficiently served.

@guardienne

I would happily have had Ben Solo wind up with a mechanical arm or hand or whatever if he’d lived to use it. Or whatever limb. No question.

But not his hair— Baldo Ren was never on the table for me.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 13 May 2020, 2:20 am

Considering I'm asexual every time I watch TFA and TLJ.....why do I want to play with his hair?

Frankly, if Kylo had lost a hand or arm, I think the toxics would have been satisfied and maybe he would have lived.....but maybe not.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 13 May 2020, 1:35 pm

I mean, at least if Rey lost a limb it would have given her some claim to the Skywalker name!

I honestly do think it's very strange that no one lost a limb. Watching TESB for the first time, Luke losing his hand and then finding out Vader was his dad was like a huge double whammy. I mean, a serious, genius level plot device. I mean, props, George.

The prequels were chock full of limb loss.

In my personal headcanon episode VIII (admittedly I was not quite a Reylo back then),

1. Finn was paralyzed and Phasma captured him, then replaced his lower half with robot legs,
2. Kylo cut off Chewie's arm,
3. Kylo cut off Rey's foot, and
4. Luke cut off Kylo's hand.

It was a limb-loss extravaganza! Also, the Falcon crashed into the trees on Kashyyk, and was pretty much toast. In retrospect, I liked TLJ a lot better. The second entry is clearly the zone for limb loss, but I think Rian replaced it with parentage loss, which served the same purpose for Rey. Although, I suppose if Kylo and Rey's hands flew off during their battle for the Skywalker saber, that would have been pretty cool. lol.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 May 2020, 2:32 pm

I get why limbs weren't lost. It had symbolic meaning in OT and PT but not in ST forthey didn't go with "more machine than man" symbolism. However, I get that they could use it as a running gag and have side characters and extras lose limbs.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 13 May 2020, 2:35 pm

Phasma did in the deleted scenes from TLJ.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 14 May 2020, 3:24 am

Snoke lost both his hands when Kylo/Ben sliced him in half. lol.

If losing limbs would make keeping Ben Solo alive possible or palatable, I would have been hoping to see flying lose limbs all over the place.
But.. he had that pesky skywalker blood so he had to die [there really was too much vader in him. oh the irony]
Too much of a burden for LFL to deal with in future story telling, because IMHO they lacked the talent and the desire to make it work. The saga deserved better. Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 May 2020, 6:18 am

Don't worry I haven't got off mine since I saw TROS
Talking of blood...some guy on the [edit] forums, who has a seething hatred for Kylo, said that if anyone killed off the Skywalkers it's Kylo. Apparently according to said individual, he 'murdered his father, uncle and mother.'
He must have forgotten that his mother, after dedicating the last of her life to training Palpatine's granddaughter, sacrificed herself, presumably to save The Great Balance, as her interference almost cost her son his own life, and his uncle sacrificed himself to save the Resistance.

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Thu 14 May 2020, 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mention of other Star Wars forums by name is not permitted)
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Thu 14 May 2020, 6:48 am

Snoke lost both his hands when Kylo/Ben sliced him in half. lol.

And his head!  
And his upper half lost both legs!
#overkill Laughing
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 May 2020, 7:07 am

I don't think even being cut in half was as bad as realising the kid he'd abused all his life had just killed him!

Heck, TLJ was good.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Thu 14 May 2020, 8:49 am

It came as a surprise, sort of. Laughing

Good old times.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 May 2020, 9:09 am

I  watched TLJ recently. Then I tried to watch TROS.
That it was a TLJ retcon is almost unbelievably obvious.
I'm honestly astonished that DLF have disrespected Rian Johnson to such an extent that they've butchered his film. And for what? To satisfy a handful of twisted feminists who think 'strong' women should live their lives alone?
To satisfy the Kylo haters? Check out the [edit] Forums. The hate is still there, and just as vitriolic.

I'm sorry but I have lost all my respect for Lucasfilm and Disney.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 May 2020, 11:03 am

Parts of it were definitely retconning, I think. But not all. They did keep the Force bond and even expand on it. The Dyad was a great idea, the problem was they didn't do enough with it and so it was pretty much wasted. One of the best things they kept was Rey and Kylo passing things to each other though the bond. That was foreshadowed in TLJ when Kylo wiped the water off his face after a Force Skype.

I think probably TROS is weakest in the parts where they were undoing TLJ. Even Finn patting Rose on the shoulder as he walks by is cringe-worthy because it's not following up on what happened between them in TLJ. I didn't care for their relationship in TLJ but once it's there you can't just pretend it never happened and have the storyline make sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next