Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

+26
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
Kyla Ren
karamelreylo
OrionStars
SW_Heroine_Journey
unicorn
Saracene
snufkin
Acritiqua
special_cases
Piper Maru
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
reylo1992
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
Angharad
AhsokaTano
vaderito
Teo oswald
Lily Snape
fuhry
guardienne
cherrylipstick
DeeBee
30 posters

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by vaderito Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:15 pm

staying faithful to the past at the expense of anything moving forward is what TROS did at the end. It dropped dyad concept, which was an interesting new thing moving forward, for "lone Jedi" status quo that we've seen in ROTJ already.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by californiagirl Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:37 pm

I think they're trying to get a bigger audience to the HL stuff than they were attracting with publishing before the canon reboot, though I don't know if that will actually work. Like they're relying on Disney's megacorporation status to cover all possible franchising potential, so the ventures prop each other up. Thus the sudden expansion of SW stuff in various forms just before and after TROS (multiple shows, new streaming service, theme park, video game, VR) to make up for the current lack of movies. Which will in turn possibly cycle back into more shows and movies for the GA? Dunno if that pans out, most MCU/DC moviegoers don't read comic books either, and 20 years of comic book movie domination hasn't really changed that.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 5:39 am

reylo1992 wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:@Reylo1992
Interesting views from Cavan Scott - The more I mull it over the more am convinced Ben is ok and Rey knows that . No one is ever gone in Star Wars and Jedi don’t see going back to the force as a bad thing but as the ideal . I guess we’ll know more from the novel but the dyad would mean surely that Ben too is part of the living force just as Rey is part of the cosmic . Their bond isn’t like an ordinary force bond that ends in death . Their dyad bond we are told transcends space and time .
I’ve noticed too with TROS there is kind of a division on how women and men view the whole Ben’s fate and his sacrifice . The reylos mainly women ( though some men too)like us tend to be upset by it( though I am trying to find ways round it as don’t believe they’ll just let Ben stay dead ) and the men see it as Ben being noble, protective and showing complete love for Rey . Just goes to show men and women do think differently and obi wan was right that the truth is subject to your point of view and opinion.
@AhsokaTano

Chef's kiss to your previous post. I have never doubted that Ben is okay whatever his fate is. The fact that Adam picked up during his Pop Corn interview a song where a guy leaves for an unknown amount of time but promisesto bring his girl a wedding ring is already a a good indication that disappearance doesn't necessarily mean the end of their story. Even if he's dead for good, it's not so dramatic in itself because we know that they can be reunited in the afterlife in one way or another. It's the execution that unfortunately derails the intention that the ending was meant to convey. I believe that he left with peace and purpose and Rey sensed it the same way she sensed it with Luke. The difference is that Luke was an old man without any blossoming romance, was given a beautiful last scene full of symbolism and that Leia & Rey mentioned him leaving with "peace & purpose" enabled the viewer to mourn and "heal" from his death easily.

My brother is a huge Luke fan. And he thought the ending was perfect.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Jun 2020, 8:56 pm

hi all, I seem to have gone from total disinterest into a phase of schadenfreude... when it comes to the future direction of star wars...
Came across this article from 3 days ago.. from we've got this covered (those videos are really annoying!)
Lucasfilm May Need To Find A New Actor To Play Luke In Rey’s Star Wars Movie
"We previously reported that Lucasfilm were considering the idea of giving Daisy Ridley’s Rey her own solo movie, something that was then backed up by trusted insider Daniel Richtman, which would follow the Sequel Trilogy’s heroine as she attempted to train a new generation of Jedi in the aftermath of the latest war over control of the galaxy....Despite Mark Hamill announcing that he was officially done with Star Wars though, we’ve heard that the studio are still planning on having Luke Skywalker involved in Rey’s movie, showing up at some point as a Force Ghost."

Looks like reports of a Rey movie are from 8-6 months ago, I missed all that in my post TROS numbness. Seems the new part of this story is that they are looking to have a Luke cameo...

My reaction to this if true??:
Ugh. They can't resist drawing on that Skywalker nostalgia. Exploiting it, without the added burden of making a story out of it.
And, a movie of Rey training Jedi sounds boring boring boring..

How to make it interesting? Bring back Ben Solo!! Am I right peeps?!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 12 Jun 2020, 10:49 pm

We Got This Covered is a notoriously bad site that often just makes things up, often just for outrage clicks. If it isn't on a more reputable site like Variety or Hollywood Reporter, it straight up isn't happening.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Jun 2020, 11:59 pm

californiagirl wrote:We Got This Covered is a notoriously bad site that often just makes things up, often just for outrage clicks. If it isn't on a more reputable site like Variety or Hollywood Reporter, it straight up isn't happening.
@californiagirl

ah well I"m glad I just quoted it. so you guys don't click on the link!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 13 Jun 2020, 12:51 am

Apparently Daisy, John and Oscar said they'd only return if all of them agreed to return.
Oscar is an established actor, but in John and Daisy's case, they're both 'newbies', so it depends on how to their careers go - Daniel Craig was quoted as saying he'd rather slit his wrists than play Bond again, but he's back playing Bond.
I actually see both Daisy and John returning - SW are all behind John at the moment because of his #BLM stance; I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a major role in an upcoming SW film, and Daisy would return if he does.
I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, SW died with the last real Skywalker. Finn fans would be delighted, though, on another forum they've done nothing but complain about how badly TROS treated him, how he's the most interesting character in the ST, how he 'deserves' to get Daisy, far more so than evil, woman abusing, patricidal mass murderer Kylo Ren.....so on.
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if DLF granted them their wish, the more hateful you are on SM, the more inclined they are to listen to you.

Just seen upcoming images of a new SW Lego set.....has Rey, Knights of Ren.....
No Kylo.

Sorry if this has been posted, but,
https://www.starwars.com/news/rae-carson-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-interview
So Finn's one of her favourite characters
And Kylo is......a radicalised youth. In short in her opinion is a terrorist. Poor Adam never stood a chance with this lot.

Must add this.....TROS is truly bringing out some priceless ones. A columnist for the Mary Sue wrote that she disliked Reylo because both of them were white, and she wanted a Finn/Rey romance - at least we now have an explanation for the contempt.
And someone else said Rey's attraction to Ben was a sign of mental illness!

I was stunned this wasn't moderated....then I noticed a 'like' comment was from one of the mods.

I think I'm going to sign out of some of these forums, they're full of poison.

Just realised it's almost a year since we were looking forward to TROS.... Crying or Very sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 02 Jan 2021, 7:43 am

Happy new year ! Hey all am picking up from the Rey Kenobi thread where I left off .
So have heard a few possible leaks /spoilers from Den of nerds who is working closely with Kessel run transmissions ( guys who got numerous Star Wars leaks right this year and they used to work with MSW ) and spoiler leaker guy called Paul who was spot on with leaks from Mandalorian. Check them out on YouTube and twitter .
One is to do with Mace Windu return ( I think a lot of us predicted this because he fell but we didn’t see what happened after and we know Jedi can fall from great heights and survive )and his role but the other leak concerns the sequel trilogy .
Something from George Lucas’s original plan for sequel trilogy is making a comeback ( not the midichlorians idea ) but something in the concept art book - they can’t discuss the scoop yet but it’s planned and happening and they think it’s cool but know some fans won’t .
I think it’s to do with Darth Talon and her seduction of Ben Solo which was in original concept TFA art book . I thought this idea was reworked with kylo
Taking the place of Talon and Rey the jedi who is seduced but maybe it is what it is and part of Ben Solo’s untold story . Likelihood is now Ben is going to make a comeback - have also heard that Mandalorian season three onwards will take place years later . If Luke turned up then it’s likely Ben could at some point or have his own series . When Kathleen Kennedy hinted that we haven’t seen the last of the skywalker’s this is probably what she meant - they are going to appear in series or possibly get their own . Anyway make what you will of the possible leaks :
https://www.google.com/amp/s/naboonews.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/george-lucas-wanted-darth-talon-to-corrupt-han-and-leias-son-in-episode-vii/amp/

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/11/unused-villain-sequel-trilogy-ro1/
Articles above discuss the original ideas they had for Darth Talon and her seduction of Ben Solo (?) I love you

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 02 Jan 2021, 10:24 am

Darth Talon was a great villain, I would have liked to see her in the flesh.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 16 Jan 2021, 4:36 pm

Just found this which I thought interesting:

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 3e71d910

It’s like they are married through the force . The index finger is interesting though because it’s where a king wears a ring ( index finger being symbol for authority , power and kingship ).
There is more on it here :
https://www.reddit.com/r/reylo/comments/kxcaf8/a_long_essay_in_which_i_examine_darth_rey_leia/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Also in the recent Doctor Aphra the rings of Vaale come up - they are a pair - one is blue and one is red - legend has it the two together render you a god :

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 B0c8eb10
Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 241a1f10

Ok and there’s more :
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/daisy-ridley-kept-dark-rey-ring-star-wars-rise-skywalker/
Daisy Ridley says she kept the ring and it was red and chunky . Wow ! If it is one of the rings of vaale -then her one symbolises fortune .That means Ben’s must be the blue one or have a blue stone - it’s just you can’t see them that well- blue symbolises eternal life . How much did they cut from TROS ? Sad
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 16 Jan 2021, 5:21 pm

@AhsokaTano - My preeeccciioouusssssssss! Lol

I can see the image on the left is Kylo/Ben, ummm is it? Lol. what is the image on the right?

I remember there was loads of speculation about Snoke’s ring. I can’t remember what rock it was now Obsidian maybe?
The speculation was about the significance of it being from mustafar. Turned out, it didn’t mean a thing... just another detail to get lost in with the promise it might mean something.
I think I’m Star Wars details/connections fatigued.... Shocked
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 16 Jan 2021, 5:47 pm

@DeeBee
Lord of the rings Lol! The images are clearer in the Reddit link above -one of the images is dark Rey and the other Ben on Exegol when Rey takes his hand . I love you
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 22 Jan 2021, 2:39 am

I know this isn't exactly the future of SW but on another site someone mentioned that the April issue of the SW comic involves Vader discovering the Emperor's secret plans on Exegol. It seems DLF are trying to 'pad out' TROS with supplementary material.

Shows how c*** a film it really was.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by karamelreylo Fri 22 Jan 2021, 6:56 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I know this isn't exactly the future of SW but on another site someone mentioned that the April issue of the SW comic involves Vader discovering the Emperor's secret plans on Exegol. It seems DLF are trying to 'pad out' TROS with supplementary material.

Shows how c*** a film it really was.

What even?!?

karamelreylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 22 Jan 2021, 7:09 am

Yeah I mentioned it too in the tweets section as the latest vader comic has him going to Exegol . He goes to the eye of webbish bog first on Mustafar and he gives him a way finder . At this point in the story vader is rebelling against the Emperor because he finds out the Emperor lied to him about padme’s death.
I said in the tweet section I think vader might find out about essence transfer on exegol . I could be wrong as I haven’t read the latest comic about exegol ( think it’s out in March /April? ). Reason I say this is because in the shadows of Vader’s castle comic last October Vanee is told Vader will be reborn whole and supreme ( see Darth vader chronicles section , Takodana woods thread where I posted pictures of the comic ). So if vader does succeed in this who is he reborn as ? Is it someone we know ie Ben ? Rey ? ( Which would then technically make her a skywalker with anakin’s spirit ) or someone else ? They certainly seem to be going down this route unless Vader finds out something specifically about the Emperor and who he is .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 22 Jan 2021, 9:50 am

And if they do go down this path how many bets it'll be Rey? Not only is she 'all the Jedi', Palpatine's granddaughter, the 'balance of the Force'.....now Anakin reborn?
This wouldn't surprise me one bit. They won't accept how much they c****** all over the best character in order to push Rey. She got his family's love, his dad's ship, his grandad's lightsabre, his uncle's home and name...and his life essence. Now she is going to be the 'true' Skywalker.

Talk about over egging a pudding!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 22 Jan 2021, 6:13 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:And if they do go down this path how many bets it'll be Rey? Not only is she 'all the Jedi', Palpatine's granddaughter, the 'balance of the Force'.....now Anakin reborn?
This wouldn't surprise me one bit. They won't accept how much they c****** all over the best character in order to push Rey. She got his family's love, his dad's ship, his grandad's lightsabre, his uncle's home and name...and his life essence. Now she is going to be the 'true' Skywalker.

Talk about over egging a pudding!!
@motherofpearl1

At this point, nothing would surprise me.  I think anything they do will just probably make things worse. Sad
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by karamelreylo Fri 22 Jan 2021, 6:16 pm

That would be completely ridiculous if Rey was Anakin reborn. Like I casually liked the Anakin was reincarnated as Ben and Padme was reincarnated as Rey theory, but I never actually thought anything regarding reincarnation would be canon because they wouldn't be able to do it right. They just keep digging their grave if some form of reincarnation is what they're planning.

karamelreylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 23 Jan 2021, 2:22 am

After TROS, I have zero expectations. For a while I hoped they might bring Ben back, but now I've got so cynical I refuse to get 'excited' about anything they might be doing. They chose Rey. Instead of the last real Skywalker, they chose Rey as the future. Not both characters sharing what could have been SW's greatest ever love story, but one character who was stripped of all her interesting traits and turned into a dull Mary Sue who is unrecognisable as the character we invested so much in post TFA.
Every interview, every announcement DLF make...only makes me more fed up of them. As Kyla Ren says...nothing would surprise me anymore. SW's future sucks. End of.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 28 Feb 2021, 12:53 pm

Didn’t know where to put this but has anyone here been watching Wandavision ? What a show . Don’t click on this if you haven’t seen episode 8 but this scene  blew me away :
https://twitter.com/lizzieshermione/status/1365349937505054721?s=10

Out of chaos /grief/nothing /darkness,  creation is born - life , reality . Way to bring your soulmate back into existence . Wow ! This scene truly was epic . Am really hoping we see something like this in future Star Wars and Rey can bring back Ben in a similar way . Marvel really delving into what it means to be a soulmate and reality . No one is ever really gone if they are part of you. Since we are getting a whole host of marvel writers and directors involved in Star Wars for the future am hoping it’s something positive .I love you

Ps/ just editing to add this - when Wanda looked down to see Vision’s machine body dismantled reminded me big time of Isis and Osiris - her mission now is to make sure vision’s soul is reattached to his body . I think we might go down a similar route with Rey and kylo ( maybe where kylo’s missing helmet comes into play ?)

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 06e0a910

So since posting the above I found this on Reddit - looks like I’m not the only one thinking along similar lines Smile

https://www.reddit.com/r/reylo/comments/lpr75g/would_guys_like_it_rey_and_ben_in_a_post_tros/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 04 Mar 2021, 1:54 pm

I salute those here who continue to have faith in DLF. But as now they are hinting Kylo might have killed baby Grogu, it seems they have an intense dislike for Kylo to such an extent they want to destroy his character so those who like him will end up disliking him.

I still can't get my head around just how petty a professional company can be. Why this hatred? Why do they want to destroy the affection so many SW fans have for a character they created and coded as a mentally ill abuse victim?

I don't get it. Sorry.

Anyone remember this?
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a31467348/star-wars-rey-end-rise-of-skywalker-tatooine/

Oh lord....I believe the Trio should be given an award for the most boring heroes on celluloid. Razz

It's funny but I looked at the official SW website today, and naturally lots of pictures of Rey, a couple of Kylo (interestingly none of him when he was Ben) and they seem to be pushing Finn a lot....but I looked once again at the official poll, and Kylo is so obviously the most popular character, it still makes me sad more than a year after DROSS broke both my heart and my love for the SW franchise.
There are forums where there is a lot of hatred for Kylo. As I've said before, many of the haters are avid Finn fans furious that the man they consider the 'hero' of the ST didn't get Rey or centre stage, which they blame on Kylo and of course poor Rian Johnson, but at the end of the day the most loved ST character among the general public was Kylo.

DLF indulged the haters, the politically correct and JJ Abrams with DROSS. But what truly rankles is that post the film that destroyed SW forever they are continuing to indulge them. And I am absolutely sure that we are going to end up with a Finn/Rey comic or animated tv series at some time in the future, because not so long ago they were hailing John for his #blm stance, and John's dislike for reylo and his wanting Finn as Rey's love have been well stressed.

If they do go along this path, I am genuinely curious if it will sell. Maybe I'm wrong but I never saw any sexual chemistry between John and Daisy, possibly because they are in real life like sister and brother.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 02 May 2021, 10:20 am

Was slightly unsure where to put this, but remember that Kylo Ren Loungefly backpack that sold out almost immediately twice? They now made a sort of anime/chibi Kylo/Ben/Rey one the other day, and shocker, it sold out immediately again. It's the lightsaber fight on one side, but the cutesy Rey holding his face on the other in a heart shape on the other, awww. The only piece of official piece of Reylo merch? And it's like only the third piece of Ben Solo merch. I swear they are so begrudging to acknowledge and accept the demand there still is for these things.

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 5 Scree824
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 02 May 2021, 10:38 am

Reylo still going strong, I see.

I have to say this...there's another forum which I logged out of but somewhat foolishly started interacting with again, @vaderito and @sacrebleur know who it is, but I'm mentioning it because they have started accusing anyone who doesn't like Finn, and has issues with JB as being racist.

This is a new low. I happened to mention Ben Solo in a Finn thread, and one of the posters told me off for it....then proceeded to accuse me of 'substituting a white character for the black male lead.

I don't think I have ever been as startled or as offended by a comment aimed at me before. I've already been accused of sexism when I mentioned how Rey had been transformed into a perennially virginal character, and of course a supporter of the abuse of women for liking Kylo Ren, but this...is to quote Kylo 'something else'.

I have decided to either stop posting altogether or abstain for a while, but I'm unfortunately a stubborn person who does not like to be intimidated. However, I've observed several things on this forum that have disturbed me, primarily how Kylo fans are repeatedly bullied by haters and promptly banned if they defend themselves, how more than one moderator is a Kylo hater, but mostly how so many of these individuals are fans of Finn.

They see his character as being 'robbed' of the role of leading man, and they are blaming Adam for being 'a white man'. They think Finn has been pushed aside and are blaming JB's ethnicity. They come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who argues against this, no matter how realistic and truthful their argument is.

Fact is, I suspect JB's comments on SM - which they dismissed as a 'friendly joke' when I pointed out how unpleasant they were - plus his increasing support from Disney post his #blm stance, have added fuel to the fire. They are convinced that Finn was meant to be the 'hero' of the ST and that Adam robbed him of this, and that RJ was being offensive both to Finn and JB when he put so much reylo into the script of TLJ, and that Finn should have walked off into the sunset with Rey at the end and nothing less will satisfy them.

I'm both shocked and disturbed at how poisonous the Finn fandom is becoming, especially on the aforementioned forum. Worst still I'm beginning to suspect DLF will give into them; Finn and JB are getting a lot of praise on the official SW website lately.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sun 02 May 2021, 11:42 am

The insanity is strong with this forum. I lurked there sometimes in the past, but I stopped it.
Reading the same bullsh** again and again made me only sad and angry. Not worth my time.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 02 May 2021, 11:47 am

I agree with you there; you can't win when many of the mods are also Kylo haters/Finn lovers.

The irony is - Rey was the protagonist, Kylo the antagonist and both Finn and Poe supporting characters. There was no leading man.
I wonder if there would have been as much hostility if they had gone with the original casting choice for Finn/Sam?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Atenais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next