Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

+33
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
MissG
guardienne
jakkusun
YoloKylo
Reylo Lemon
MyOnlyHope
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Airemyn
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
AnneNeville
MoonlitMoss
Darth Dementor
ReyofLightSide
MeadowofAshes
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Birdwoman
vaderito
SanghaRen
Force22
RKR Connection
Gemini
37 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 10 Apr 2016, 5:57 pm

at @Force22 yes, I definitely raised a brow when I saw "find" instead of abduct. It's like he found his salvation. Razz

I also saw what you said in the other comment about the force bond. I 100% think it's a force bond too. I just watched it again and noticed when Rey was doing the mind control on the storm trooper to escape, Ren's foreboding cello theme was playing in the background. Hmmmm... cyclops

And good point about Leia! Maybe she has seen what she looks like, though Jakku doesn't seem very technologically advanced. It's possible!

It's also interesting that Kylo knows she's "going to try to steal a ship to escape"...how'd he know that, reading her thoughts at that moment? Lucky guess? Force bond? How'd he know she can pilot? Hmmmm again...
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 10 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:at @Force22 yes, I definitely raised a brow when I saw "find" instead of abduct. It's like he found his salvation. Razz

I also saw what you said in the other comment about the force bond. I 100% think it's a force bond too. I just watched it again and noticed when Rey was doing the mind control on the storm trooper to escape, Ren's foreboding cello theme was playing in the background. Hmmmm... cyclops

And good point about Leia! Maybe she has seen what she looks like, though Jakku doesn't seem very technologically advanced. It's possible!

It's also interesting that Kylo knows she's "going to try to steal a ship to escape"...how'd he know that, reading her thoughts at that moment? Lucky guess? Force bond? How'd he know she can pilot? Hmmmm again...
@Xylo Ren

You could make a case that he'd known that she could pilot a ship, given that she initially escaped Jakku with Finn and BB-8, and obviously, the droid didn't steal the freighter on its own. Wink

I'd assume that he'd be familiar enough with FN-2187's training to know that Finn wasn't a pilot.

But yeah...the fact that he'd know that she was looking to steal a ship says at least that he picked quite a bit out of her head, if not full-on Force Bond.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 10 Apr 2016, 7:53 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:at @Force22 yes, I definitely raised a brow when I saw "find" instead of abduct. It's like he found his salvation. Razz

@Xylo Ren

You could make a case that he'd known that she could pilot a ship, given that she initially escaped Jakku with Finn and BB-8, and obviously, the droid didn't steal the freighter on its own. Wink

I'd assume that he'd be familiar enough with FN-2187's training to know that Finn wasn't a pilot.

But yeah...the fact that he'd know that she was looking to steal a ship says at least that he picked quite a bit out of her head, if not full-on Force Bond.
@ISeeAnIsland

Good point! Forgot that detail
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 9:36 am

Hey guys, not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but for anyone who loves analyzing - a website called screencapped.org has put up screencaps of TFA today. They're pretty good too! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 12 Apr 2016, 4:06 pm

According to JJ more deleted scenes will be available online, but he doesn't know when:

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-deleted-scenes/
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:11 pm

EchoBase wrote:According to JJ more deleted scenes will be available online, but he doesn't know when:

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-deleted-scenes/
@EchoBase

good news Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Sat 16 Apr 2016, 6:44 am

Guys, I am so happy. I finally watched the digital version last night with my partner's mum for the first time, she loved it and she totally sees what we see. cheers

She has directed countless plays and has lots of acting experience so I was desperate to find out her thoughts. It was crazy, literally 10 minutes after watching the film she was talking about the chemistry between them, Ying and Yang, and how he's portrayed as feminine and she's masculine, basically everything we had already discussed. sunny She had not seen a thing about the film and I made sure not to influence her thinking in any way.

She's not entirely sure about a romance, but she does believe that there is a connection between them and the main story is them. I can't say how happy I am that someone in my life has finally seen what we saw! Everyone else I know is either open to it (but didn't spot it) or completely against it. flower
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 17 Apr 2016, 8:09 am

So I could download TFA from iTunes and watched it yesterday. And now I just watched the long documentary "Secrets of TFA". I love it! I think it's a great documentary leading you through the different steps of the making of the movie. It just further ignited that cinema love I had so many years ago when I was reading magazines about movies like crazy and collecting the covers of these magazines. I lost that love along the way because growing up = being realistic and no one in my family or friends really cares about movies that much.

I nearly cried at the end of the documentary because it must be so cool to work on such a project. Ok, I am sure it has some drawbacks too with time pressure and so. But I really don't feel like going back to work tomorrow in that sterilized office doing whatever non-creative boring thing I am doing to earn my paycheck and pay those bills - and here I am just thinking of Tyler Durden's words "things you own, they start to own you". Hell, I'll quit and go to the Pinewood Studios and beg for work. I'll serve coffee. I'll make creative coffees for the cast and crew. I just found a chocolate coconut milk that added to coffee tastes absolutely delicious. I am really sobbing loudly now.

Gwendoline Christie had an interesting comment on why she likes Star Wars. I'm only paraphrasing here, but she said something along the line the Galaxy seemed like a place where she would be accepted. I totally get what she means. Our society has so many rules and labeling that you only feel accepted if you fit into certain criteria. The Galaxy is an open world. Except for those damn Jedis and their rules Wink
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 17 Apr 2016, 6:11 pm

SanghaRen wrote:Gwendoline Christie had an interesting comment on why she likes Star Wars. I'm only paraphrasing here, but she said something along the line the Galaxy seemed like a place where she would be accepted. I totally get what she means. Our society has so many rules and labeling that you only feel accepted if you fit into certain criteria. The Galaxy is an open world. Except for those damn Jedis and their rules Wink
@SanghaRen

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Tumblr_o41vqcWSHM1v8hxbmo1_400

This. This is the thing she said.
I'm not going to lie, it brought a tear to my cynical eye.
That's what I love about Star Wars, and why senseless ship wars don't belong, imo. Star Wars is for everyone.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:27 am

@Darth Rowan

I was moved by it too and I am quite a cynic. I don't watch GoT so I didn't know Gwendoline Christie, but listening to her in interviews, I'd love to spend a day with that lovely lady. I did remember from the theater that Phasma had this melodious voice which contradicts her villainous ways -> "Sir, the villagers?". But after watching the documentary, I re-watched TFA and it's true that Phasma also moves in a feminine way in spite of her armor. Nice touch.

Yes, Star Wars should be for everyone. It's quite incredible the amount of negativity that it causes sometimes. That's why the documentary was a bit of fresh air, a reminder of the magic of the movies and how this magic is created.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:08 pm

Got my special edition blu Rays yesterday, there [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Image32
[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Image31
[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Image34
[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Image35
[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Image33
[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 5 Image36
nothing special apart from the sleeve lmao

Oh well they are limited edition

Also they show who the real trio are

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 19 Apr 2016, 4:46 pm

@Gemini

Enjoy! Looking at your post, it occurred to me that my steelbook blu-Ray should soon arrive. I just went to check my postbox - was too lazy to do so coming home - and there it was. It has both the blu-Ray and DVD. And I already have the iTunes version. If that is not obsession, I don't know what is...
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sun 24 Apr 2016, 11:10 am

Watching the doc on the DVD and picked up a few things:

JJ said of Rey that she needs to be vulnerable, tough, sweet and terrified (enter Daisy).

JJ told John that he is the new star of Star Wars

Aw Daisy asked to have more time with BB8 because of him being the first constant in Rey's life - she also thinks he's cute

Kasdan wanted Poe to draw similarities to Han because of the reliability to the character

Oscar is excited to see Poe's involvement in the fight against the First Order going forward

Gwendoline Christie makes great points about Phasma being non sexualised just because she's female and that it's responding to the choices she makes as Star Wars' first female villain and the only way her gender comes across in in subtle things such as the way she stands and carries herself

Phasma's outfit/armour was an early idea for Kylo Ren but JJ didn't like it for Kylo.  But Kathleen Kennedy said the costume had to be in the film = Phasma

JJ knows that Darth Varder will never be surpassed

KK said that maybe Kylo (at least that's who I think she's referring to) putting on the mask makes him feel more powerful

JJ was very much the key creator of the Kylo Ren character (JJ I love you Kylo)

The chrome on the Kylo Ren mask needed to reflect light, and everything about him is not perfect, not polished, not complete - he is a work in progress.  Adam said about there needing to be a difference between the masked Kylo and the human Kylo to show he's not a mustached twirler

Love Harrison's gripe about the toggle switches on the MF Laughing Laughing

Maz is there the challenge people to see their purpose

Threepio's red arm is going to be the subject of a comic book

Han and Leia both reverted to type because it was hard to imagine Han every staying in one place for too long and Leia giving up the fight.

JJ says that Ben/Kylo was born with equal parts good and evil and is broken.

Adam refers to Kylo as being lost because he was abandoned by his parents and their own selfish agendas and Kylo's angry because of that and has a huge grudge

JJ says Snoke targeted Kylo because he knew he'd be powerful and wanted him as an ally

JJ saying once again that this is a story about Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo - not Han, Leia and Luke

Aw Adam was terrified by the killing Han scene and he liked to avoid it

Harrison's take on the character of Han Solo and needing the character to lead some emotion weight to the story is telling and that Han was useful to pass the story onto others and then get out of the way - even used the words human sacrifice.  Harrison views Han's death as unique and helps realise the full potential of the character of Kylo Ren.

John Williams mentions about taking previous material and reworking it Wink

In the snow fight bit on the DVD Daisy says it wasn't difficult to bring the emotion needed. She also says that there's something about Rey that people around her can feel and something about her that will broaden the story and she is the last man standing as it were.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:40 pm

There will be a 3D Blu-Ray release with extra features including never before see deleted scenes and a commentary from JJ Abrams http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/10/star-wars-force-awakens-new-blu-ray-jj-abrams-commentary

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:43 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:There will be a 3D Blu-Ray release with extra features including never before see deleted scenes and a commentary from JJ Abrams http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/10/star-wars-force-awakens-new-blu-ray-jj-abrams-commentary
@Mrs Ben Solo

I knew it!!!!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:46 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:There will be a 3D Blu-Ray release with extra features including never before see deleted scenes and a commentary from JJ Abrams http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/10/star-wars-force-awakens-new-blu-ray-jj-abrams-commentary
@Mrs Ben Solo

Ahh why does it have to be 3D lol! Hope there's a 2d disc included coz I'm still buying for that commentary and extra deleted scenes lol! Doesn't say when it will be released in the UK though. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:52 pm

Hmm...interested to see how much JJ actually reveals about their intent in the commentary. There's so much he can't say before the trilogy is over!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:54 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Hmm...interested to see how much JJ actually reveals about their intent in the commentary. There's so much he can't say before the trilogy is over!

@BastilaBey I know right. I'm very curious to hear what he'll say about the interrogation scene and the snow fight, but I can't see what he could talk about without reigning it in as it were, to avoid any potential episode VIII clues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:02 pm

I figured they'd double dip. Sigh, I'm so into the ST right now that I know I'm going to get it despite having no interest or way to even utilize the 3D.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:28 pm

Of course there's another product in the works. Although to Hell with JJ, if I'm shelling out $$$ for an extra fancy DVD with a commentary track, it'd better by Carrie Fisher! JJ just needs to come on to say "they're not related" and let her do the rest of the talking as far as I'm concerned.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 13 Aug 2016, 9:36 am

SanghaRen wrote:@Darth Rowan

I was moved by it too and I am quite a cynic. I don't watch GoT so I didn't know Gwendoline Christie, but listening to her in interviews, I'd love to spend a day with that lovely lady. I did remember from the theater that Phasma had this melodious voice which contradicts her villainous ways -> "Sir, the villagers?". But after watching the documentary, I re-watched TFA and it's true that Phasma also moves in a feminine way in spite of her armor. Nice touch.

Yes, Star Wars should be for everyone. It's quite incredible the amount of negativity that it causes sometimes. That's why the documentary was a bit of fresh air, a reminder of the magic of the movies and how this magic is created.
@SanghaRen

Have you seen her in Game of Thrones - she plays a wonderful character in that, a favourite of mine from the book and Gwen has got her spot on.

I love actors that are 'real' people, not plastic Barbie and Ken dolls, and still beautiful, like Gwen and Adam. We need more of them in movies, they are great examples for the young in this looks obsessed society.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5