Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

+33
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
MissG
guardienne
jakkusun
YoloKylo
Reylo Lemon
MyOnlyHope
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Airemyn
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
AnneNeville
MoonlitMoss
Darth Dementor
ReyofLightSide
MeadowofAshes
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Birdwoman
vaderito
SanghaRen
Force22
RKR Connection
Gemini
37 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 2 Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by MoonlitMoss Fri 01 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

vaderito wrote:Table read is blah. 3 minutes. Falcon scene is as short as what's circulating on the Internet.

I'm not blown away by these bonus features at all. I was hoping for LOTR-level but this is almost bare bones.

I'm in love with JJ, tho. I love you

BTW, Kylo doesn't yell TRAITOR in that scene where he yells but NOOOO! Laughing

I thought it was the whole table read through with the entire script. I'm bummed. Yeah, LOTR had amazing special features included with their extended editions.

Admin

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 2 Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Apr 2016, 9:40 pm

Table read was only 3 min and 1/2 of it was "OMG isn't it amazing to have all those legends and new people together?" All Bonus features are like that, classic self-congratulations fest. far less informative and more hyperbolic than I would like.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Fri 01 Apr 2016, 9:54 pm

Hmmm. I wonder what Kylo was yelling "Noooooooooo!" about.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Fri 01 Apr 2016, 9:55 pm

Finn rushing to Rey? XD
Nooooo! MY preciousss!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 01 Apr 2016, 9:56 pm

Thanks for all the info.I guess they didn't want to release too much information.Unlike LOTR which is a movie ado attain of the book.In TFA much of the characters'a backstories and motivations are a mistery.Hopefully we'll get more information when Rey's parentage and more of Kylo's backstory is revealed in the next episodes.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Apr 2016, 10:00 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Hmmm. I wonder what Kylo was yelling "Noooooooooo!" about.

He yelled before Tossing Rey into the THREE as far as I remember. Rey and Finn were standing in front of him. But maybe THREE toss was out of sequence.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Fri 01 Apr 2016, 10:02 pm

@cienaree I know! I think that's why there is no commentary, either. It would be cool if they released more special features when the trilogy is done.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 01 Apr 2016, 10:45 pm

MoonlitMoss wrote:@cienaree I know! I think that's why there is no commentary, either. It would be cool if they released more special features when the trilogy is done.

I am sure they will.  I was really tired when I watched the documentary.  At the time I thought there were a few interesting things, but I was so tired that I can't remember and will have to watch it again.  I actually enjoyed the documentary.  I very rarely watch DVD extras, so my expectations were not so high.  I really enjoyed listening to JJ, Larry, Kathleen, Adam, Harrison, Carrie, Mark, Daisy, John, Oscar, and other production staff.

But back to your post, I think the first part of the documentary was this montage of actors and production staff saying some version "I can't say that."  It was almost like a gag.  I have a feeling that there will be no commentary version until all three movies come out.  They are too into the "mystery box".  On first impressions I would say that the documentary was more "Kylo Redemptionist" than "Reylotastic", though there were Reylo hints.  (Once again, I have to not be ridiculously overtired when watching.  Maybe I will have a chance over the weekend). Daisy and John had their own joint interview segment.  Adam was always being interviewed on his own, (apparently in a classroom at Juilliard ... he commuted back from NYC to London the whole time).  

I also watched some of the movie.  Once again, I need to be less tired, but I came out with the slight feeling that gifs are a little dangerous, that they might give us an impression of an intention that might not be there.  That might be because the movie moves so fast ... though ... and @Gemini and @AnneNeville and others might be able to tell us more, but I suppose the directors do look at the footage at slower speeds to see what facial expressions they are getting.  But the reason that I am a little cautious is that fight rehearsal gif where Ren and Rey look like Darcy and Elizabeth with lightsabers didn't come across in the same way at normal speed.  Again, I need to watch it again.

Edit: Also, the wording of the title of that deleted scene where Finn is being treated indicated that Rey was watching Finn ... But I agree, she still seemed distracted.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Apr 2016, 10:52 pm

@SoloSideCousin Right on about gif speed and actual speed.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Fri 01 Apr 2016, 10:55 pm

@SoloSideCousin GIFs and short clips are indeed very dangerous. Clips of actors rehearsing at half and quarter speed with the (documentary) cameras placed somewhere other where the film-cameras were are can be quite misleading.

The saber-lock waltz moment is so tempting to romanticize, but it is a second that they did not focus on in such a way to show "dancing" in the film. I would call that rehearsal, not a storytelling choice. If it were a storytelling choice, we would see that moment. The intense eye contact between AD and DR was, I believe, two actors rehearsing a potentially dangerous moment that needed their entire focus.

The moments I cited with Kylo walking away from Finn are mushier. They show more than a moment, and seemingly were taken during the actual shooting of those scenes, not during rehearsal. They show something of what the original "intention" and "choreography" of the moment was. Those little things (Kylo's face slap, his shove of Finn towards the tree, the distance he actually walked away from Finn while he was down on the ground, the fact that it was towards Rey) can tell us something, yes. Something about what the acting choices might have been.

That said, they lost those details when they chose the mid-shots and closeups. Ultimately, those parts were not the most important aspects of the story to tell to the director.

Microexpressions are fascinating, and AD's expressiveness is a big part of what makes him sympathetic. But I can promise that he didn't stand in front of a mirror and plan those micro-moments out. Wink It's part of the fabric of his performance. Directors probably took the takes that best told their visual story, leaving a number of other versions on the cutting room floor.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 02 Apr 2016, 1:34 am

vaderito wrote:Table read is blah. 3 minutes. Falcon scene is as short as what's circulating on the Internet.

I'm not blown away by these bonus features at all. I was hoping for LOTR-level but this is almost bare bones.

That's a shame, but LoTR documentaries and features are in the world of their own IMO. I've watched them over and over and they gave me a whole new appreciation for the artistry and effort that goes into the movies. They're the reason I get excited about all the technical awards at the Oscars Smile
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 02 Apr 2016, 3:32 am

Force22 wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:We discussed this on one of the other threads, can't remember which, but one deleted scene is Rey staring off into the distance while Finn is in the medbay. She is not looking at him; her thoughts are elsewhere. The nurse tells her her friend is going to be okay, but it takes her a minute to process this and she continues to look distracted. End scene. In the other thread we thought it was suggestive toward ReyLo because her thoughts were not on Finn and she didn't register the nurse's comfort about her friend, so whom else would she have been thinking of?... We thought perhaps she was wondering if Kylo had made it off Starkiller before it turned into a sun.

I guess it's possible she was thinking of Kylo in that scene, although if she has a Force bond with him, which I think she probably does, then she probably knows that he is okay. Smile  Maybe she was also just kind of trying to process everything that had happened to her in the past day or so.  Her life and path really changed drastically in a very short period of time.

That's what I'm thinking too.  She didn't have the face of someone concerned for an injured friend.

Yeah, when we discussed earlier, I thought maybe she was just digesting everything she went through.

Well, who's responsible for 90% of what she went through?

As to the force bond, maybe Kylo was not okay, he could be severely injured, and if she felt it, that would upset her. (even if only for the guild of having killed someone)

Ren was probably receiving medical attention at the same time, I think she messed up his arm and it needs to be replaced she could probably feel him going through that process. The dark side don't tend to use anaesthetic. Look at anakin. She gets upset when she sees ren in pain, we know that (with the blood)

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Sat 02 Apr 2016, 9:42 am

That's a shame about the extras, but I'm still jealous that I have to wait until 18 April Cry
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:18 am

I'm reposting this cause it's really important:

The ending of Secrets of TFA has Ford say that SW movies are a family history. Cue family montage that goes in this order:

Falcon flies
Finn and Poe hug
Rey and Fin hug
Rey catches the saber
Finn lights the saber
X wings above water
Finn looks back (when leaving on Takodana)
Rey kisses Finn's forehead
Ben unmasks (for Han)
Maz holds Rey's hand
Chewie hugs Leia
Luke looks on
Han and Leia hug
Rey and BB8 walk into the sunset

"We'll see each other again. I believe that."

No Snoke, no Phasma, no Hux, no Storm Troopers, no FO ships. Only the family. I think it's pretty easy to deduce what that means for certian character's future.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 02 Apr 2016, 4:00 pm

I was totally expecting bare-bones, confirmation of things we already knew. I'll give my opinion in a few days once I've purchased the DVD, but it's no surprise they aren't pushing FinnRey (because it doesn't exist). They can't talk about a lot of things (i.e. battle metaphors) because they would actually be spoilers. They can't even discuss their creation in its proper light until the last movie is out, which is sadder for them than it is for us.

The thing about families sounds lovely. When JJ says "Star Wars is about family" he isn't saying it's about the Skywalker family. All the characters are family. We discussed this in regards to another quote from JJ.

Story of two people = Kylo and Rey without a doubt. A-Plot.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 02 Apr 2016, 4:32 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I was totally expecting bare-bones, confirmation of things we already knew. I'll give my opinion in a few days once I've purchased the DVD, but it's no surprise they aren't pushing FinnRey (because it doesn't exist). They can't talk about a lot of things (i.e. battle metaphors) because they would actually be spoilers. They can't even discuss their creation in its proper light until the last movie is out, which is sadder for them than it is for us.

The thing about families sounds lovely. When JJ says "Star Wars is about family" he isn't saying it's about the Skywalker family. All the characters are family. We discussed this in regards to another quote from JJ.

Story of 2 people isn't JJ quote. It's something that another person says to his staff, journey of 2 people. It isn't told in an interview style, but like camera shooting everyday work.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 02 Apr 2016, 4:40 pm

vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I was totally expecting bare-bones, confirmation of things we already knew. I'll give my opinion in a few days once I've purchased the DVD, but it's no surprise they aren't pushing FinnRey (because it doesn't exist). They can't talk about a lot of things (i.e. battle metaphors) because they would actually be spoilers. They can't even discuss their creation in its proper light until the last movie is out, which is sadder for them than it is for us.

Story of 2 people isn't JJ quote. It's something that another person says to his staff, journey of 2 people. It isn't told in an interview style, but like camera shooting everyday work.

I do remember an interview, one of the interviews during the pre-TFA publicity period. And I think it was J.J. (not 100% sure) who said it clearly it is a story of a boy and girl. Back than I was totally sure he (or somebody else) was talking about Finn (not Kylo). The film itself told me I was not right. I ll do my best to find it on youtube and post a link over here.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:01 pm

That quote is JJ. The one in Documentary is not. BTW, did anyone else experience some glitch with this site? I got a blank page with a circle and some numbers on it 2 times when I clicked on a tpic or tried to reply.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:03 pm

@vaderito - yes! I got that glitch! Hope it's just a website glitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:03 pm

vaderito wrote:That quote is JJ. The one in Documentary is not. BTW, did anyone else experience some glitch with this site? I got a blank page with a circle and some numbers on it 2 times when I clicked on a tpic or tried to reply.

Yeah, I think it has something to do with the date change.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
vaderito wrote:

I do remember an interview, one of the interviews during the pre-TFA publicity period. And I think it was J.J. (not 100% sure) who said it clearly it is a story of a boy and girl. Back than I was totally sure he (or somebody else) was talking about Finn (not Kylo). The film itself told me I was not right. I ll do my best to find it on youtube and post a link over here.
Thank you. This is what I needed today Very Happy
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm

Oh, OK, so I'm not crazy! Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
vaderito wrote:

Here you go. ^^ I'm still not quite sure what to make of this.

JJ: "We really tried to look at it from the inside out. What makes this story have a beating heart? What makes it romantic or fun or surprising or heartbreaking or hysterically funny? We simply approached this narrative from the point of view that this is a story about a young man and a young woman, not with the idea that we can do anything we want."

And from the same interview:

JJ: "The script for VIII is written. I’m sure rewrites are going to be endless, like they always are. But what Larry and I did was set up certain key relationships, certain key questions, conflicts. And we knew where certain things were going."

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:13 pm

I think it's about Rey and Finn (young woman.young man) cause they are positioned as leads in the documentary. Not romantic leads but they get the most screen time. Plot A headliner and Plot B headliner.

However, awakening is 100% about Rey and Ren only. That's what JJ says. Force in Rey and DS in Ren.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next