Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which one do you like prefer Padme or Leia?

+6
Slade
EchoBase
Search Your Feelings
Xylo Ren
Kessel
CienaRee
10 posters

Go down

Which one do you like prefer Padme or Leia? Empty Which one do you like prefer Padme or Leia?

Post by CienaRee Sat 18 Jun 2016, 7:54 am

So I was wondering since the SW movies have had only two central female characters prior to TFA - Padme in the PT and Leia in the OT which one do you prefer?or maybe you like them both? Smile
I have to say eventhough Leia is great I've aways related to Padme eventhough GL really ruined her character.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Which one do you like prefer Padme or Leia? Empty Re: Which one do you like prefer Padme or Leia?

Post by Kessel Sat 18 Jun 2016, 8:27 am

While I like them both, Leia will always be my favorite. She's the original and I love her strong personality and her dynamic with Han.

Padme had lots of potential, but as you mentioned her character was ruined, especially by her "canon" cause of death (losing the will to live). I try to hold onto the head canon that Palps used her life energy to keep Anakin alive. That makes it better.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Which one do you like prefer Padme or Leia? Empty Re: Which one do you like prefer Padme or Leia?

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:11 am

Hmm, depends on the movie.

Leia is a good character, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to her in the OT, tbh. Just never warmed up to her. Admire her fight and spirit though.

Padme was a strong character in PM. I think it was her best movie and if they had kept her like that she would've been my favorite. In AOTC, she had weaker lines and not as much agency. Then...AND THEN...don't even get me started on ROTS. Dying of a broken heart when you have TWO NEW INFANTS to live for? Give me a break.

Rey's my favorite out of all three! Wink
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Sat 18 Jun 2016, 5:27 pm

Leia by far. Spunky, feisty, and gave Han a run for his money.
Padme was beautiful but grated on my nerves (I don't blame her with the script she was given).
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sat 18 Jun 2016, 5:51 pm

Leia. Even more after Bloodline.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 18 Jun 2016, 8:13 pm

I saw an interesting post on tumbr talking about how Padme and Leia are opposite in personalities:

It confuses me when people comment on how much alike Padme and Leia are. Like they’re practically the same person. Yes, they are both brown eyed brunette senators. But as far as personalities go? I find them almost polar opposites. 
Throughout the series, Leia is rather withdrawn. She doesn’t really like people or show affection for them with the exception of Luke. Which is why everyone assumes she’s in love with him because it’s so weird to see her that way for anyone. She is often alone and away from the people til someone wanders in looking for her. People do grow to love her, but it’s a process because she doesn’t seem very involved or interested in others. She seems distracted.
Padme is very attentive. She has long conversations in which she seems hooked on what the other person is saying. She asks questions and desires to learn. You would never guess that she is a queen or an important senator. She’s hardly ever alone in a scene and has a large group of friends and acquaintances in the story besides the main characters. All these little background characters know and love her. They all love Leia too, but as more of a “symbol of hope” than because they value her friendship. Padme takes the time to make friends with slaves, gungans, farmers, and handmaidens to name a few.
Leia is one of those people who plans ahead. She doesn’t do anything without a plan and a backup to her backup. She’s very organized. When a battle goes on, she’s usually the one to stay behind, give pep talks, and oversee the operation than do the actual fighting. 
Padme is extremely reckless. She’s the type to jump first and ask questions later. If someone is in danger, she saves them. Does she have a plan? Usually a rather general one, but she leaves the details to be planned out when the moment arises. Padme is always in some sort of conflict. Whether it be on the battlefield or in a debate with senators, she’s usually fighting when on screen.
Leia doesn’t put much stock in emotions. When she does feel strongly on something, it’s hard to tell cause she doesn’t express it very well. In fact, often it seems it’s hard for her to tell as well. For example, her feelings for Han and Luke.
Padme is very in touch with her emotions. She expresses love, joy, and sadness as fluently as her native tongue. She will sometimes attempt to hide her feelings for various reasons, but she is still extremely easy to read.
Leia can be rather rude with her sick burns and sharp insults. While it is entertaining to watch, it doesn’t seem as if it would be fun to be the person she’s insulting. However, she has no qualms in doing so. 
Padme is much more kind and thoughtful. She’s a very easy person to get along with because she attempts to be nice. She is very considerate of other people’s feelings and thinks about them before speaking.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Sat 18 Jun 2016, 8:45 pm

I grew up watching the OT, and Leia was a role model for me. At that young age, I didn't pick up on some of the nuances of her personality that might make me find her very abrasive if I were to meet her today.  She was and is my favorite of the two because she would go head to head with anyone and hold her own.  She was feisty, brave, and intelligent.  

I have recently been watching snippets from TESB of her and Han interacting (in the interest of understanding Kylo), and I must say, she now strikes me as a straight up b****.  I still like her for the above mentioned reasons, but now I see signs that she is traumatized or just a PITA.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 18 Jun 2016, 9:52 pm

Leia, all day long. Like @slade says, she's not perfect and can be straight up nasty (Vader's daughter, lol), but that makes her character all the more interesting.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:50 pm

Slade wrote:I grew up watching the OT, and Leia was a role model for me. At that young age, I didn't pick up on some of the nuances of her personality that might make me find her very abrasive if I were to meet her today.  She was and is my favorite of the two because she would go head to head with anyone and hold her own.  She was feisty, brave, and intelligent.  

I have recently been watching snippets from TESB of her and Han interacting (in the interest of understanding Kylo), and I must say, she now strikes me as a straight up b****.  I still like her for the above mentioned reasons, but now I see signs that she is traumatized or just a PITA.
@Slade

I don't see her as a straight up b****. Han Solo's attitude and her attraction for him gets her flustered - he also deserves that attitude from her as well, she's a strong woman and speaks her mind and doesn't put up with his sith. She acts perfectly fine and compassionate with Luke (other than using him to make Han jealous). Leia gets Han confused and wanting to be a better person, and Han gets Leia to unclench a bit Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 19 Jun 2016, 1:57 am

Search Your Feelings wrote:
Slade wrote:I grew up watching the OT, and Leia was a role model for me. At that young age, I didn't pick up on some of the nuances of her personality that might make me find her very abrasive if I were to meet her today.  She was and is my favorite of the two because she would go head to head with anyone and hold her own.  She was feisty, brave, and intelligent.  

@Slade

I don't see her as a straight up b****.  Han Solo's attitude and her attraction for him gets her flustered  - he also deserves that attitude from her as well, she's a strong woman and speaks her mind and doesn't put up with his sith.  She acts perfectly fine and compassionate with Luke (other than using him to make Han jealous).  Leia gets Han confused and wanting to be a better person, and Han gets Leia to unclench a bit Laughing
@Search Your Feelings

I agree that being in denial abiut her feelings for Han made her bitchy(I don't know if that's the right word) but I think an argument  can be that she wasn't the nicest person in ANH and ESB.I think in RTJ she was deffinatly more softer.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Sun 19 Jun 2016, 4:12 am

CienaRee wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:

@Slade

I don't see her as a straight up b****.  Han Solo's attitude and her attraction for him gets her flustered  - he also deserves that attitude from her as well, she's a strong woman and speaks her mind and doesn't put up with his sith.  She acts perfectly fine and compassionate with Luke (other than using him to make Han jealous).  Leia gets Han confused and wanting to be a better person, and Han gets Leia to unclench a bit Laughing
@Search Your Feelings

I agree that being in denial abiut her feelings for Han made her bitchy(I don't know if that's the right word) but I think an argument  can be that she wasn't the nicest person in ANH and ESB.I think in RTJ she was deffinatly more softer.
@CienaRee

She did have sass (rather than bitchiness I'd say) which was the funny part Laughing . They expected a damsel in distress but to Han's dismay she turned out to be a handful. Her quips were also because she was a leader of the Rebellion and probably was used to working with people who plan more than Han and boy wonder did Laughing .

I agree that she was way softer in ROTJ, but I also think that was partly due to Carrie being drugged out of her mind. She just looked burnt out. There's this one scene during the Rebellion meeting with Ackbar and Mon Mothma where Han looks at Leia and it's like she's sleeping with her eyes open Laughing
But yeah, her character also got softer as well towards the 2nd half of ROTJ - I guess it's natural she'd "grow up" a bit and mature as the years went by but I missed her ESB/ANH spunkiness. Oh well, she still is 1/3 of my favs.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BB-Rey Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

Leia! Her sass, sense of what is right and wrong, never giving up, and her strong will are all things to aspire to be! I do love Padme, though. Especially in The Phantom Menace as she's very much like Leia in this one and the stories of it and A New Hope have similarities. Attack of the Clones, she has her moments. Especially during the arena battle and wanting to find solutions to problems. Revenge of the Sith makes me so sad as she deserved so much better! She has some lovely little moments but, the deleted scenes of her with Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and the Rebel Alliance would have added so much! Overall I love them both but, Leia gets the edge.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 31 Jul 2018, 5:44 am

Am I reviving all prequel related topics ?
Yes.
Am I feeling shame about it ?
Absolutely not.

For me, it's 200% Padme. She is my favorite character, a model for me. She has power, is independent, can defend herself. But she is also kind, selfless and has compassion. And it may be superficial, but I love that for each different scene she has a different and gorgeous outfit.
We have a sticker of her in my kitchen since 2002 and it feels right.
However, I agree her character has been mistreated by George Lucas, and I consider all her deleted scenes canon. So for people who does not know, Padme is one of the creator of the Rebellion and was actively challenging Palpatine in EP.3, so it means by being part of the Rebellion that Luke and Leia had a link with their mother.

I had a problem with the way she died until I read a great theory. Palpatine used her live force to keep Anakin/Vader alive (that is why he still sensed her after Mustafar). It is a genius plan for Palpatine, one stone, two birds. He eliminated a great enemy and cut any lasting emotional links for Anakin.

So I love Padme and can tell you I am really excited about the upcoming Padme novel. bounce
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down