Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kylo's droid

+4
snufkin
Slade
Gemini
Rimfaxe96
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kylo's droid Empty Kylo's droid

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:28 pm

Kylo's droid Tumblr_inline_o999wnNTSP1s8iw9h_540

Am I just seeing things or is that droid smiling? Shocked It's quite adorable for a deadly torture droid. Razz
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Kylo's droid Empty Re: Kylo's droid

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:05 pm

Is it even a droid?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:31 pm

If it's a droid then it's another mirror of Rey lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:36 pm

Gemini wrote:If it's a droid then it's another mirror of Rey lol
@Gemini
What do you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:05 pm

It looks like a torture droid.  I think Gemini means that Kylo and Rey both have droids.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:08 pm

@Gemini

I also thought of the whole creepy vibrating sound of the torture droid advancing on Leia as Vader goes in to interrogate her about the location of the Rebel Base. That slight sound of the increasing vibration scared me the most as a kid.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:14 pm

snufkin wrote:
@Gemini

I also thought of the whole creepy vibrating sound of the torture droid advancing on Leia as Vader goes in to interrogate her about the location of the Rebel Base. That slight sound of the increasing vibration scared me the most as a kid.
@snufkin

The hypodermic needle scared me the most.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:21 pm

Slade wrote:
snufkin wrote:
@Gemini

@snufkin

@Slade

I already had so many interactions with needles at the dentist office as a child, that I was sort of immune. But that vibration growing more intense as it gets closer to her (with the shot making her so small and vulnerable), that still makes me shudder. The other effed up part is the line about how she resisted because she's had training. So basically she's already been subjected it to. It's in the shot as a callback, but they've already made clear that Poe's also been able to resist both it and being beaten, so time to send in Kylo for mind torture.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:29 pm

@snufkin

I don't know why Kylo didn't go in from the get-go and extract the information from Poe.  It would have saved everyone a lot of time.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:30 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Kylo's droid Tumblr_inline_o999wnNTSP1s8iw9h_540

Am I just seeing things or is that droid smiling? Shocked It's quite adorable for a deadly torture droid. Razz
@Rimfaxe96

I think it's smiling.  It does look quite jolly.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:11 pm

Slade wrote:

@Rimfaxe96

@Rimfaxe96 @Slade
I didn't see it at first but you're right. It looks like it's smiling.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:56 pm

Slade wrote:@snufkin

I don't know why Kylo didn't go in from the get-go and extract the information from Poe.  It would have saved everyone a lot of time.
@Slade

Kylo had an appointment back at Starkiller Base for his weekly conditioning and Brazilian blow-out. Gotta keep those locks curled and ready for those dramatic helmet removals which run in his family. He seems to delegate any and all legwork for getting the map back from Jakku until poor Mitaka mentions a girl being involved.

It's in the shot like how the Mouse Droid is shown when Poe is first dragged off the ship to the Finalizer and has his "Oh s***, we're outmanned and outgunned" look - there for nostalgia's sake. Plus it establishes how tough minded he is to have resisted getting beaten and then injected with some kind of drug like Versed* as a truth telling serum.

*Versed is an anesthesia supposedly used for by the CIA for interrogations because it causes memory loss. Which I can confirm because I had it for surgery and woke up having no memory of the hours before I was put under or why I was in the hospital.

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:03 pm

Slade wrote:

@Rimfaxe96

@Slade

"Master is getting laid"

I'm pretty sure that was the reason why the droid is smiling
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:25 pm

Happy Droid is living life to the fullest. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:35 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Slade wrote:

@Rimfaxe96

@Slade

"Master is getting laid"

I'm pretty sure that was the reason why the droid is smiling
@Sylvia Snow

"And that means he won't light saber me to death the way he did his last torture droid.  I hope."
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:38 pm

snufkin wrote:

@Slade

Kylo had an appointment back at Starkiller Base for his weekly conditioning and Brazilian blow-out. Gotta keep those locks curled and ready for those dramatic helmet removals which run in his family. He seems to delegate any and all legwork for getting the map back from Jakku until poor Mitaka mentions a girl being involved.

It's in the shot like how the Mouse Droid is shown when Poe is first dragged off the ship to the Finalizer and has his "Oh s***, we're outmanned and outgunned" look - there for nostalgia's sake. Plus it establishes how tough minded he is to have resisted getting beaten and then injected with some kind of drug like Versed* as a truth telling serum.

*Versed is an anesthesia supposedly used for by the CIA for interrogations because it causes memory loss. Which I can confirm because I had it for surgery and woke up having no memory of the hours before I was put under or why I was in the hospital.
@snufkin

Ha!  Of course the princess was getting his hair done!  Probably got some lowlights done, too.  Seriously, I want to know who got the privilege of putting those itty French braids and man bun in Adam's hair a while ago.  

Versed=terrifying.  That must have been a heck of a surgery, 'cause I don't think I have ever gotten anything like that when I was put under.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:09 pm

Ha! Of course the princess was getting his hair done! Probably got some lowlights done, too. Seriously, I want to know who got the privilege of putting those itty French braids and man bun in Adam's hair a while ago.

Versed=terrifying. That must have been a heck of a surgery, 'cause I don't think I have ever gotten anything like that when I was put under.

Besides weapons training, the KoR are also trained in using a blow dryer and crimping iron. That's to ensure that their Master's hair remains perfectly Byronic even when they're out in the field conducting Black Ops for the Supreme Leader.

The torture droid isn't Kylo's, it's Hux's seeing as how he was brought in as the last option after Poe resisted the previous interrogation methods. But mostly pure callback to that original scene in the movie, which is sad/weird in retrospect because it's his mother being tortured by her biological father.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:17 pm

snufkin wrote:

Ha!  Of course the princess was getting his hair done!  Probably got some lowlights done, too.  Seriously, I want to know who got the privilege of putting those itty French braids and man bun in Adam's hair a while ago.  

Versed=terrifying.  That must have been a heck of a surgery, 'cause I don't think I have ever gotten anything like that when I was put under.

Besides weapons training, the KoR are  also trained in using a blow dryer and crimping iron. That's to ensure that their Master's hair remains perfectly Byronic even when they're out in the field conducting Black Ops for the Supreme Leader.

The torture droid isn't Kylo's, it's Hux's seeing as how he was brought in as the last option after Poe resisted the previous interrogation methods. But mostly pure callback to that original scene in the movie, which is sad/weird in retrospect because it's his mother being tortured by her biological father.
@snufkin

Can Kylo toss his hair and flounce?  I think he can flounce.  We need to see him do it.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:22 pm

Slade wrote:
snufkin wrote:

Besides weapons training, the KoR are  also trained in using a blow dryer and crimping iron. That's to ensure that their Master's hair remains perfectly Byronic even when they're out in the field conducting Black Ops for the Supreme Leader.

@snufkin

Can Kylo toss his hair and flounce?  I think he can flounce.  We need to see him do it.
@Slade

Dramatic helmet removals runs on one side of the family and hair tossing runs on the other side

Kylo's droid Tumblr_o0udphjrrK1r18z8zo1_r2_250

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:40 am

Speaking of hair flips - y'all remember Prince Charming/Shrek?

Kylo's droid Hairflip_by_dreamworks_charming-d5qduik

Kylo's droid Bc2fba40-3ee8-0133-9d47-0af7184f89fb

ROFL
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:20 am

@Rimfaxe96 - I never saw Shrek although I loved William Steig's picture books as a kid - Sylvester & the Magic Pebble is so sad! But parodies of Prince Charmings always amuse me because I just never was very interested in the whole Cinderella or Snow White scenario as a kid (gimme adventure stories). It's so funny to go back and re-watch the original movie because in spite of being a self-interested mercenary jerk, Han pretty clearly does puff up like a peacock around Leia - like father, like son.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:40 am

Just found http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IT-000; the droid is called IT-000.
I think I'll ship it with BB-8. They're a perfect droid counterpart to Reylo (I mean honestly, IT even looks emo!).

BB-IT Cool
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Jul 2016, 7:38 am

snufkin wrote:
Slade wrote:
snufkin wrote:
@Gemini

@snufkin

@Slade

I already had so many interactions with needles at the dentist office as a child, that I was sort of immune. But that vibration growing more intense as it gets closer to her (with the shot making her so small and vulnerable), that still makes me shudder. The other effed up part is the line about how she resisted because she's had training. So basically she's already been subjected it to. It's in the shot as a callback, but they've already made clear that Poe's also been able to resist both it and being beaten, so time to send in Kylo for mind torture.
@snufkin

Which gives me impression Kylo is very gifted telepathically; if Vader had the same ability he would have read Leia's mind. He had a link to Luke but i suspect that was a Force bond.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 14 Jul 2016, 10:30 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
@snufkin

Which gives me impression Kylo is very gifted telepathically; if Vader had the same ability he would have read Leia's mind. He had a link to Luke but i suspect that was a Force bond.
@motherofpearl1

Definitely gifted, which is where it gets curious that they're showing somebody with that talent. Because he's portrayed in parallel (masking and Lost Children being the big two) with Finn and Rey. It's stated that Finn had mental conditioning and you suspect that Rey has some kind of mental lock put on her to stay put. So that's some kind of new talent being shown in this trilogy.

Vader, huh, boy is he dumb. Even if he couldn't probe Leia's mind enough to figure out that she's his daughter (and yes, I know that decision was made later on but it still makes a lot of his pursuit of Luke look really dumb in retrospect b/c she'd clearly be better at ruling the galaxy), you'd think he'd notice some resemblance to his late wife.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Jul 2016, 10:58 am

What you've said about family resemblances...

Whoever chose the actors for these films chose well. There is a strong resemblance between Natalie Portman (Padme) and Carrie Fisher (Leia). Anakin and Luke have the same fair hair and blue eyes, and watching ROTS there was a particular scene in the Anakin/Obi Wan duel where Hayden looked the spitting image of a young Mark Hamill. Adam Driver has the same dark hair as Natalie and the same dark eyes of her and Carrie. But what really astonishes me is the more I look at photos of the young Harrison Ford and Adam Driver, the more I see a real resemblance. They have the same mouth, their eyes and noses are a similar shape and they have the same smirk - not that you see Kylo smiling much.

Clever casting.........
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next