Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

+54
colibri
Lily Snape
rawpowah
nite0wl29
tukicarreno
Saracene
liveinsummee
RosiePancake
Geralt_Riv
KnightsofReylo_2015
shii405
LesCousinsDangereux
rey09
Maria26
Moonlight13
LadyHa
fuhry
adamdrivershair
SheLitAFire
IoJovi
EchoBase
Little_Boots
Anakin Skywalker
Rei of Sunshine
SanghaRen
Darth Rowan
Helix
vaderito
FrolickingFizzgig
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
DarthRen
MindAndMagic
Cowgirlsamurai
PalmettoBlue
MyOnlyHope
Starliteprism
Forsythia
reylo1992
MrsWindu
Moonjump05
Night Huntress
Darth_marshmallow
SkyStar
Darth Dingbat
Kessel
Birdwoman
ZioRen
Kylo Rey
SoloSideCousin
Darth_Awakened
panki
58 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by SkyStar Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:08 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Kessel wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Wooooah check this out! These Japanese trailer things have a new scene of Rey. She appears to be using the Force and looking very intense in an area with falling sparks, kind of similar to the ones we see in Kylo's 'reaching out' scene! It's at 0:08

Credit to this Reddit user for posting it!
@ZioRen

Very interesting. Is that on Snoke's destroyer (perhaps his throne room) where she appears to be using the Force? The background looks very grey. I know Kylo's scene also has falling embers, but I remember his background appeared darker? Maybe it's because his scene occurs after there's been more destruction, making the background appear darker?
@Kessel

I'm thinking that Kylo's "hand" scene is a premonition of this scene.  The fire falling is the same, but Kylo's background in the "hand" scene is much darker, so much so that a lot of us assumed it was a cave on Ahch-to.  He also has a very gauzy, dream-like look to him there, whereas this is much better lit and more visceral.  Also, his scar in his latest shot is a lot more healed than the one in the "hand" shot.  She's had premonitions of Kylo before that were only partially right.  This may happen again.  I think she may be "defending" or "saving" Kylo here, and I think stuff is going to get effed up Luke's Force Camp style with raw powah being let loose.
@SoloSideCousin

Well no wonder Kylo has sweat on his forehead while reaching out to Rey, it could be all the stress. And to think that he doesn't get scared of her and doesn't just leave her, but offers her a hand. ^_^
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:09 am

Yes, perhaps the bruising, sweating and disheveled look comes from fighting the Praetorians. We know Kylo is there too so that begs the question: what is he doing during all this?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:09 am

Okay, the more I look at that lower lefthand corner during the new scene, the more I'm convinced it MUST be a Praetorian Guard lying there. The shape looks too weird to be anything else and it's pretty bright red.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:09 am

panki wrote:She has the bruise on hr forehead so this has to be just before or during the Crait scenes.
@panki

Right.  And she must make it out of there somehow because she has a bruise when flying the MF with Chewbacca.  Man, the timeline on this thing is going to be a surprise to everyone!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:11 am

Kessel wrote:Yes, perhaps the bruising, sweating and disheveled look comes from fighting the Praetorians. We know Kylo is there too so that begs the question: what is he doing during all this?
@Kessel

Perhaps Snoke did something to him, caused pain, memories, something that shows how cruel he can treat him and Rey also gets some kind of memories of her being abused by Plutt and snaps.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:12 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:She has the bruise on hr forehead so this has to be just before or during the Crait scenes.
@panki

Right.  And she must make it out of there somehow because she has a bruise when flying the MF with Chewbacca.  Man, the timeline on this thing is going to be a surprise to everyone!
@SoloSideCousin

Maybe she ultimately doesn't take Kylo's hand (though doesn't necessarily reject it), and maybe it's because she figures out that Finn is onboard too and goes to help him? I could easily picture a scene where Rey is very visually tempted to take that hand, but not yet. Not yet.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:17 am

SkyStar wrote:
Kessel wrote:Yes, perhaps the bruising, sweating and disheveled look comes from fighting the Praetorians. We know Kylo is there too so that begs the question: what is he doing during all this?
@Kessel

Perhaps Snoke did something to him, caused pain, memories, something that shows how cruel he can treat him and Rey also gets some kind of memories of her being abused by Plutt and snaps.
@SkyStar

Right! I could see something very psychological like this.  Since she can easily get into Kylo's head, she may be able to see whatever Snoke is doing to him.  Having been under somebody's boot all of her life, it will sicken her to see Kylo messed with in that type of way.

This kind of mental torture of Kylo would fit with the hints in the Aftermath books of something dark trying to get at Ben.  It would also nicely create a grey area between free will and brainwashing.  Kylo would not be a Snoke zombie under such a scenario, but he would be extremely traumatized if this kind of thing happened to him several times, and it would leave him with kind of PTSD/mental illness-metaphor impairment of judgment that could be a mitigating factor for him.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:20 am

ZioRen wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki

@SoloSideCousin

Maybe she ultimately doesn't take Kylo's hand (though doesn't necessarily reject it), and maybe it's because she figures out that Finn is onboard too and goes to help him? I could easily picture a scene where Rey is very visually tempted to take that hand, but not yet. Not yet.
@ZioRen

I agree that there may not need to be a literal "take his hand" response. Her actions may speak to her acceptance, but they may save the taking of the hand for a more Austen-type moment than running from Snoke in a crashing ship. I actually think it's possible that Kylo's unconscious body could be on the MF that she and Chewie are flying. I don't see her leaving him behind.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:21 am

Oooh, what if taking down the Supremacy is used as an example of what Rey and Kylo's power can do together! Luke was right to be scared! Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:23 am

ZioRen wrote:Oooh, what if taking down the Supremacy is used as an example of what Rey and Kylo's power can do together! Luke was right to be scared! Laughing
@ZioRen

Again brilliant!!!!!!! You're on fire!!!! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:25 am

Rant: I hate to be at my work while something like this happens. Man, I just hate it!
Trying hard to combine the computer and my phone - lame business.

- end of rant-

Great speculation all around.

I personally think that the scene takes place on board of Supremacy but not necessarily in the Throne Room (the Throne Room is much lighter and lot of RED everywhere.) Also it's very possible after the "Snoke's torture scene" because of the "damn" bruise.

Another possibility are the tunnels of the base on Crait.

Btw, does anyone remember Daisy having a bruise in that BTS shot with Oscar on the Falcon?

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:38 am

ZioRen wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki

@SoloSideCousin

@ZioRen

Maybe she does take his hand and then she announces they have to help Finn. I would love to see Kylo's face in that moment Twisted Evil
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:39 am

Darth_marshmallow wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki

@SoloSideCousin

@ZioRen

Maybe she does take his hand and then she announces they have to help Finn. I would love to see Kylo's face in that moment Twisted Evil
@Darth_marshmallow

LOL!!! Awesome! Adam could actually do a great "irritated Han Solo" expression there, lol. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:40 am

All of this seems so....climactic. The idea that everybody is whooping it up in ships on Crait afterwards just feels so darn strange. What a tonal shift.

Also I just want to say that I love Japan so much! They don't give a good gosh darn, they're sticking that key scene in there. I feel like their thoughts toward spoilers totally don't match up with America's.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:48 am

ZioRen wrote:All of this seems so....climactic. The idea that everybody is whooping it up in ships on Crait afterwards just feels so darn strange. What a tonal shift.
@ZioRen

That's why I think that there is at least a whole half hour that we haven't seen at all.  Rian said in one of the interviews that it looks like they are "giving away the store" (paraphrase) in the previews, but that they are not at all.  We saw no Kylo and Han on the catwalk, no Kylo and Rey fighting, no Rey and Luke in any of the TFA promotion.  That is a lot of screen time that was not included.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:04 am

Darth_marshmallow wrote:
@Darth_marshmallow

Hahaha!!! I can totally see that happening! Would be in character for Rey... and imagine Finn's face when he is seeing Rey and KYLO coming to his rescue  Finn ->Sapristi WTH Haan Gnagnan     and me-> Pop corn
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:06 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Darth_marshmallow wrote:
@Darth_marshmallow

Hahaha!!! I can totally see that happening! Would be in character for Rey... and imagine Finn's face when he is seeing Rey and KYLO coming to his rescue  Finn ->Sapristi WTH Haan Gnagnan     and me-> Pop corn
@Night Huntress

Yeah, that would be awesome..... New headcanon!
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:11 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Is there also a Praetorian guard lying on the ground? At 0:09. Something red, anyway.
@Darth Dingbat

I saw the bigger still on the other place on the internet. It definitely looks like something red in the human shape is on the ground.

I bet Rey got her bruise while fighting the Praetorinas.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:17 am

ZioRen wrote:All of this seems so....climactic. The idea that everybody is whooping it up in ships on Crait afterwards just feels so darn strange. What a tonal shift.

Also I just want to say that I love Japan so much! They don't give a good gosh darn, they're sticking that key scene in there. I feel like their thoughts toward spoilers totally don't match up with America's.
@ZioRen

That's true. Their marketing appears to be more straight forward.

Wasn't the Japanese trailer for TFA the only one that showed Rey and Kylo's meeting in Takodana?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:49 am

Looks like guard on the ground. Embers look like Kylo's hand reach scene.

Tbh, Rey looks like she is desperately reaching for something herself. The clip is really short, but there seems to be a weird kinda wind blowing around her. Not sure if it is from the force or some damage from the ship.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Wed 22 Nov 2017, 5:06 am

Note to self No 3 :do not have biscuits in vicinity when catching up with forum news after You Tube vid shows Rey in a hot mess.

@Darth_Awakened I empathise with you. These sort of clips require full attention.

I think the red 'area' near her arm looks like crumbled red cloth/fabric - I reckon its the guards

Rey Rey Rey - what has she unleashed ? I'm so freakin tempted to look at the spoilers thread.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 22 Nov 2017, 5:09 am

To the administrators/moderators:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): - Page 2 Giphy-13
I am kinda confused right now. I thought that this area was supposed to be spoiler free. Personally, I have no problem with being spoiled since I regularly check the spoiler area. But shouldn't we discuss the content of the trailer/spots in the spoiler area since there are potential spoiler in there? I mean, that shot of Rey is super spoilery. It basically reveals that Rey is using her raw power in Snoke's throne room (dead PG in the background. And it looks like this allows us to determine when/where the hand reaching takes place given the flames in the bacckground. And this also gives us some indication why Supremacy will be on fire. Rey's bruise in that shot also confirms the timeline regarding Crait. That's probably the most spoilery shot we ever get until now.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 22 Nov 2017, 5:27 am

@reylo1992

This is my personal opinion but I think that official trailers/TV spots and speculation based on them are not spoilers as these are publicity clips purposely released by LF and its partners to drum up excitement for the movie and not necessarily spoil the plot.....especially since trailers also contain misdirects, things found in the trailer that will not appear in the film etc...so any speculation on it is still speculationas it may/may nto happen.

OTOH, leaked set images, merchandise not officially released, spoilers by audience for special screenings etc. would definitely be spoilers since they reveal aspects of the story LF might not want to have revealed until the movie has been released to the GA.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:42 am

There is a new Japanese TV spot that has Rey reaching out and sparks moving down in the background (https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/933312154773737472).

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): - Page 2 Rey01c10

Could it be from the same scene as this:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): - Page 2 Tlj0110

Last edited by Forsythia on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:48 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ZioRen wrote:If they want to get real intense with the raw power business, what if Rey is the one who sends the Supremacy down? Shocked
@ZioRen

You know what, I could actually see that happening.  If Kylo and her make it out of this movie in one piece, she would be on very equal footing with him if she caused that much destruction accidentally.
@SoloSideCousin

*swoon*
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next