Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TLJ: Favourite Scenes

+45
Night Huntress
IoJovi
unicorn
Atenais
Starliteprism
MrsWindu
colibri
Lucina
MeadowofAshes
jakkusun
Aphelionna
Kylo Men
Kylo Rey
Darth Dingbat
Xylo Ren
SanghaRen
cherrylipstick
Lily Snape
LadyHa
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
reylodownlo
DeeBee
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
FrolickingFizzgig
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
Moonjump05
Forsythia
Little_Boots
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Moonlight13
rey09
Saracene
Piper Maru
panki
reylo1992
Reylo Lemon
nite0wl29
teltaru
SheLitAFire
LesCousinsDangereux
49 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TLJ: Favourite Scenes  - Page 4 Empty Re: TLJ: Favourite Scenes

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:47 am

also (double post, sorry, first one from yesterday so I thought this was justified), when BDT shows Finn that the guy who owned the ship they stole sold weapons to both the "bad guys" and the "good guys." Important lesson/moment in general and for Finn.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Mon 18 Dec 2017, 1:39 pm

I need to see it again, but this is my list after my first viewing:

- All the scenes with Rey and Kylo communicating through the Force
- The exploding hut scene
- Snoke's death and the fight with the guards was epic!
- Paige's death
- Holdo's lightspeed jump was breathtaking!
- Snoke berating Kylo and him smashing his helmet afterwards
- Rey's first Force lesson with Luke
- The mirror scene with Rey
- Kylo throwing Hux against the wall lol!
- Kylo: "The supreme leader is dead." Hux: "Long live the supreme leader."
- "See you around kid"
- Luke meeting R2D2 and Leia's hologram
- Luke and Yoda watching the Force tree burn and having a conversation about the importance of failure
- Luke's death
- The porgs
- Rose saving Finn on Crait
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by colibri Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:02 pm

I loved all Reylo scenes.. But the hand scene was perfection!
colibri
colibri
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 18 Dec 2017, 6:10 pm

Though it isn't mentioned later and Leia claims she gave up on Kylo, I found the scene where Kylo refused to shoot at her really moving. When I first saw it in the trailer, I immediately thought it would be that he would be conflicted and hesitate too long, so somebody else would swoop in and take the shot.

That is what happened in TLJ, but it was actually taken a step further than I thought it would be. Kylo didn't just hesitate, he took his thumbs OFF the triggers. He chose definitively not to shoot at his mother.

In fact, I think it may just be the only undeniably right choice that Kylo has EVER made for as long as we've seen him. I think it deserved a lot more attention and significance in the movie than it had.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 20 Dec 2017, 6:29 am

I really loved the first throne room scene with Snoke and Kylo. That was such a mirror on how Kylo was percieved from fanboys. He did what Vader and Luke couldn't do - killed his father and yet only because he lost to Rey, they considered him weak. They laughed at his mask and called him a whiny prick in the mask. And here Snoke basically says the same - calling him a child and softie and not being able to be as Vader.

And Kylo did give everything to the darkness and yet that was not enough. It's like you go to a friends party you don't want to go and the friend starts roasting you for something and you feel betrayed that you even went there in the first place.

And then I just love how he looks - so angry and hurt and the hair is a mess and the face is all messed up. And then he stands up against Snoke and just gets electrocuted away. Damn, I love that scene. I think I should rewatch just because of it alone.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 20 Dec 2017, 6:37 am

SheLitAFire wrote:also (double post, sorry, first one from yesterday so I thought this was justified), when BDT shows Finn that the guy who owned the ship they stole sold weapons to both the "bad guys" and the "good guys." Important lesson/moment in general and for Finn.
@SheLitAFire

I really liked this scene. Along with Rose's "saving what we love" line, that scene represents the core of the movie. War is a business and there are no bad guys or good guys; everyone is equally guilty.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Wed 20 Dec 2017, 6:43 am

SkyStar wrote:I really loved the first throne room scene with Snoke and Kylo. That was such a mirror on how Kylo was percieved from fanboys. He did what Vader and Luke couldn't do - killed his father and yet only because he lost to Rey, they considered him weak. They laughed at his mask and called him a whiny prick in the mask. And here Snoke basically says the same - calling him a child and softie and not being able to be as Vader.

And Kylo did give everything to the darkness and yet that was not enough. It's like you go to a friends party you don't want to go and the friend starts roasting you for something and you feel betrayed that you even went there in the first place.

And then I just love how he looks - so angry and hurt and the hair is a mess and the face is all messed up. And then he stands up against Snoke and just gets electrocuted away. Damn, I love that scene. I think I should rewatch just because of it alone.
@SkyStar

I loved that part too. Kylo was a mess there but at the same time intense and passionate, especially later in the elevator scene.
That's when I knew that I would love him more than ever I love you
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 20 Dec 2017, 1:16 pm

cherrylipstick wrote:
SkyStar wrote:I really loved the first throne room scene with Snoke and Kylo. That was such a mirror on how Kylo was percieved from fanboys. He did what Vader and Luke couldn't do - killed his father and yet only because he lost to Rey, they considered him weak. They laughed at his mask and called him a whiny prick in the mask. And here Snoke basically says the same - calling him a child and softie and not being able to be as Vader.

@SkyStar

I loved that part too. Kylo was a mess there but at the same time intense and passionate, especially later in the elevator scene.
That's when I knew that I would love him more than ever I love you
@cherrylipstick

Before he smashes the mask in the elevator, his face is just like my 5 year old's right before he bursts in to tears Sad Broke my freaking heart.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:20 pm

You know what was awesome?

"You will not bow before Snoke."

Ironically their last scene together is Kylo bowing to her through the Force Bond before she slams the door.

TLJ: Favourite Scenes  - Page 4 Giphy
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 26 Dec 2017, 12:33 pm

TFA:
kylo: "you need a teacher, let me show you the ways of the force."

TLJ:
Luke: "you need a teacher. I can't teach you."
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:04 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:TFA:
kylo: "you need a teacher, let me show you the ways of the force."

TLJ:
Luke: "you need a teacher. I can't teach you."
@SheLitAFire

Would it be too much to ask if Kylo gave Force Skype lessons in IX?
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:12 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:You know what was awesome?

"You will not bow before Snoke."

Ironically their last scene together is Kylo bowing to her through the Force Bond before she slams the door.

TLJ: Favourite Scenes  - Page 4 Giphy
@FrolickingFizzgig

TLJ: Favourite Scenes  - Page 4 Star-w10

When I saw this picture, before the film, to me it hinted that he wasn't bowing to Snoke, because he was at the back of him *whispers* Headcanon he was bowing to Rey. ;-)
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:00 pm

It's hard to choose, because there's so many memorable scenes in this movie, so many favourites.

Well, I loved many scenes (mostly you guys already mentioned), but I will pick two that really touched me.

✩ The first scene of Kylo and Snoke, when Snoke humiliates him. Kylo was so vulnerable there, it was heartbreaking. Even wearing his mask, Kylo's voice sounded strangled when he said, "I gave everything I had to you, to the Dark Side". And then Snoke told him he was no Vader, just a kid in a mask.

✩ When Holdo jumped into hyperspace and sliced Supremacy's wing. The scene was magnificent and I found terribly beautiful to see it without sound, as it would have really happened in real life.

Oh, I want to watch the movie again...
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:43 pm

The scene when Rey ships to the Supremacy. When Snow White in her glass coffin realizes that the white thing behind the prince is not the horse, but 2 stormtroopers with handcuffs. She sees them slightly before the audience and her expression goes from serene and hopeful to WTF, oh no!!! No words needed.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 28 Dec 2017, 6:13 pm

Captain Canady on the Dreadnaught was great. His sneer right before his death was perfection.

The Ying-Yang symbolism of Rey and Ben during the throne room fight scene (the part where he pushes his leg back and she grabs his leg and leans on his back)

Holdo's sugar sweet tone, but frosty attitude towards Poe when she first takes over "and stay out of my way"

The lighting in all the scenes. Red, Golden, Shadows, Sunlight, Harsh b&w

Luke's line "the force doesn't belong to the Jedi and to say that if the Jedi end the light will go out is false" (Rey's meditation scene)

how elegantly Rey starts with the lightsaber when she's practicing on Ahch-To. It looks like a cross between ballet, martial arts, & tai chi

whenever the First Order ships dropped out of hyperspace

all the details in the auditory experience, from the breathing & force bond moments, to the clinks of the crystal critters, the mirror scene, nature on Ahch-To

how everyone in the ships in space or on Crait look like they're actually flying and doing stuff within their ships, not just merely flying; they're turning and pressing stuff, and pulling, and jerking and it's all very realistic

C3PO & Poe

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 28 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:Captain Canady on the Dreadnaught was great. His sneer right before his death was perfection.

The Ying-Yang symbolism of Rey and Ben during the throne room fight scene (the part where he pushes his leg back and she grabs his leg and leans on his back)

Holdo's sugar sweet tone, but frosty attitude towards Poe when she first takes over "and stay out of my way"

The lighting in all the scenes. Red, Golden, Shadows, Sunlight, Harsh b&w

Luke's line "the force doesn't belong to the Jedi and to say that if the Jedi end the light will go out is false" (Rey's meditation scene)

how elegantly Rey starts with the lightsaber when she's practicing on Ahch-To. It looks like a cross between ballet & martial arts

whenever the First Order ships dropped out of hyperspace

all the details in the auditory experience, from the breathing & force bond moments, to the clinks of the crystal critters, the mirror scene, nature on Crait

how everyone in the ships in space or on Crait look like they're actually flying and doing stuff within their ships, not just merely flying; they're turning and pressing stuff, and pulling, and jerking and it's all very realistic

C3PO & Poe
@SheLitAFire

Holy crap I’m blown away at the bolded.  I DID NOT NOTICE THAT!!! Shocked

I still can’t get over how many think Ben will die when literally Dark HAS to exist to complete the balance.  Heck we may not even get a fully redeemed Ben Solo at the end, but instead I expect this story to be more about acceptance and Rey and Ben loving each other for who they are, flaws and all.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 30 Dec 2017, 1:23 am

I have many many favorite scenes- but I think I loved their first Force-Skype session the most.

When he runs into the hall and slides sideways looking for her Laughing  
but the most touching was when he said "can you see my surroundings ? I can't see yours - just you." not what he said but his facial expression during those words- he was so in awe and...ah cute? For lack of a better word. Embarassed
And I found it also hilarious how she was insulting and threatening him, while he is calm and just wondering how and why the force Skype thing works.

If you pay attention to his face I just can't understand how you can come to the conclusion he was just using her or tricked her into coming. No way!  No Qst
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 30 Dec 2017, 3:05 am

Night Huntress wrote:I have many many favorite scenes- but I think I loved their first Force-Skype session the most.

When he runs into the hall and slides sideways looking for her Laughing  
but the most touching was when he said "can you see my surroundings ? I can't see yours - just you." not what he said but his facial expression during those words- he was so in awe and...ah cute? For lack of a better word. Embarassed
And I found it also hilarious how she was insulting and threatening him, while he is calm and just wondering how and why the force Skype thing works.

If you pay attention to his face I just can't understand how you can come to the conclusion he was just using her or tricked her into coming. No way!  No Qst
@Night Huntress

I agree, he has such imploring eyes, which become very wide and round when he says ‘just you’ I do think Kylo Ben close ups of his face and expressions is one of my favourite parts as they have so many shades of meaning.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 01 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm

Luke to Rey on Ahch-To: "every word you just said is wrong"

Luke to Ben on Crait: "every word you just said is wrong"
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 01 Jan 2018, 6:39 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:Luke to Rey on Ahch-To: "every word you just said is wrong"

Luke to Ben on Crait: "every word you just said is wrong"
@SheLitAFire

I don't know if I would like Luke as a teacher. Though he could be the one that if he praises you, then you feel as the smartest person alive. Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:48 pm

I loved many scenes for different reasons :

Moving :
Kylo ordering to shoot Luke (and then trying to kill him in "person") I found this scene so violent but I still love it
Kylo refusing to kill his mother
Holdo's heroical death

Funny :
almost every Hux scene

Reylo :
The fighting scene the fighting scene! I absolutely this scene ! Definitely my favorite scene
The hands touching of course

Loved it because it was unexpected :
Ghost Luke (even if I think he should have said something to Leia or Poe, something like "ok I have a plan don't worry about me, just leave". They weren't supposed to know, I imagine if they all came to the rescue lol! )
Rose and Finn failing Mad It usually always works when someone has a plan in Star Wars
Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:30 pm

Kylo Ren Slippity Slide, it's tremendously fun

TLJ: Favourite Scenes  - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_p1dq27vd6a1umwmut_400
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:42 pm

Look how afraid and relieved Kylo looks after he thinks that he killed Luke. Ahhhhhhh. It's so easy to miss such detail in the cinema or in bad quality. Crying or Very sad

TLJ: Favourite Scenes  - Page 4 Tumblr_p5li4zFQzc1vj8ggto3_540
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:41 pm

@Starliteprism

Ben Solo will be loyal only to Rey, his future padawan, his future master, his future wife Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:16 am

special_cases wrote:Look how afraid and relieved Kylo looks after he thinks that he killed Luke. Ahhhhhhh. It's so easy to miss such detail in the cinema or in bad quality. Crying or Very sad

TLJ: Favourite Scenes  - Page 4 Tumblr_p5li4zFQzc1vj8ggto3_540
@special_cases

I agree. I totally missed that bit.
Thanks God for HD!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content