Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi - Original Soundtrack

+21
Teo oswald
snufkin
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
nickandnora
Dar-ren19
Riri
SheLitAFire
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
MrsWindu
LadyHa
vaderito
Man Without A Star
shii405
Atenais
rey09
thescavenger
Aphelionna
Reylo Lemon
EchoBase
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Last Jedi - Original Soundtrack - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Jedi - Original Soundtrack

Post by Riri Wed 21 Mar 2018, 4:15 pm

@Dar-ren19

Oops didn't see your post. Here is the interview.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi - Original Soundtrack - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Jedi - Original Soundtrack

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 21 Mar 2018, 10:14 pm

Riri wrote:@Dar-ren19

Oops didn't see your post. Here is the interview.

Thanks @Riri.

Hmm... looks like at that time at least he didn't know much... and it was his idea that he was proferring.

Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 16 Apr 2018, 10:54 pm

Hi Everyone, been wonderful to read your insights as I'm a music novice!
A couple of things..
Just wanted to give a shout out to the podcast 'Scavenger's Hoard' - their #62 Episode was TLJ centric and wonderful- they had a special guest who works in music and movies and is a massive SW fan. Her expertise really enhanced my enjoyment of TLJ music and the movie.
Here's the soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/scavengershoard/episode-62-the-last-jedi-music-spotlight-discussion-w-special-guest-christy

Everyone - I'd love to hear what you are all thinking now about the music for the reylo romance in IX...
Do you think Rey and Kylo will get their own musical love theme?
or do you think it will be a romantic force theme version?
or do you think it could be Across the Stars?
or can you suggest another option?
What are your thoughts on these options? pros and cons?

It's interesting that 'Across the Stars' is not called the Anakin and Padme love theme. 'Across the Stars' does seem to be a perfect title for Rey and Kylo/Ben with their force bond that literally connects them- across the stars..
I'm fine with any of the options, but with reverse Anidala, I'm wondering if they'll highlight this with a revisiting of Across the Stars - bringing the triumph of romantic love to a wonderful finale or something..
or is this a bit on the nose for Reylo fans? And many prefer they get their own theme distinct from anything that has come before?
I'd really love to hear your thoughts if you'd like to share! bye!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:10 am

DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone, been wonderful to read your insights as I'm a music novice!
A couple of things..
Just wanted to give a shout out to the podcast 'Scavenger's Hoard' - their #62 Episode was TLJ centric and wonderful- they had a special guest who works in music and movies and is a massive SW fan. Her expertise really enhanced my enjoyment of TLJ music and the movie.
Here's the soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/scavengershoard/episode-62-the-last-jedi-music-spotlight-discussion-w-special-guest-christy

Everyone - I'd love to hear what you are all thinking now about the music for the reylo romance in IX...

It's interesting that 'Across the Stars' is not called the Anakin and Padme love theme. 'Across the Stars' does seem to be a perfect title for Rey and Kylo/Ben with their force bond that literally connects them- across the stars..
I'm fine with any of the options, but with reverse Anidala, I'm wondering if they'll highlight this with a revisiting of Across the Stars - bringing the triumph of romantic love to a wonderful finale or something..
or is this a bit on the nose for Reylo fans? And many prefer they get their own theme distinct from anything that has come before?
@DeeBee

I listened to that great podcast episode too.  It's cool that Christy is such a fan of the Force Theme, because it made me appreciate its liberal use in TLJ.

I have been listening to Across the Stars quite a bit and thinking about this question.  One the one hand, it definitely implies Love Theme.  So, haha, if Ep IX ended with Rey & Kylo staring into each other's eyes while Across the Stars played, we'd all get it.  And, the audiobook of Jason Fry's novel uses the last few seconds of Across the Stars when Rose kisses Finn.  The music for the audiobook does not match the film at all, but the melody was an obvious shorthand for "insert romance here."

On the other hand,  I'd be worried if they used Across the Stars, because I think it implies tragedy.  Especially the falling notes at 2:00.  It seems very much in the vein of soundtracks to epic romantic tragedies, like Nina Rota's Romeo & Juliet theme, or even the theme from Love Story, which also emphasizes a minor sixth in the melody.

Also (I think this has been noted before), the part in TFA during the Abduction / Tschaikowsky-esque Romeo & Juliet swell, recalls Across the Stars to me.  Listen to 4:20 of Across the Stars compared to 1:25 of the Abduction. I know that this is just a few seconds of music and not necessarily a quotation, but stylistically, the notion of fated romantic tragedy seems similar in this moment.

So, although part of me would love the drama of doomed star-crossed lovers, I suspect that the Reylo arc might go in a more hopeful direction. And accompanied by a more hopeful theme?
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 22 Apr 2018, 1:52 am

LadyHa wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone, been wonderful to read your insights as I'm a music novice!
A couple of things..

@DeeBee

I listened to that great podcast episode too.  It's cool that Christy is such a fan of the Force Theme, because it made me appreciate its liberal use in TLJ.

I have been listening to Across the Stars quite a bit and thinking about this question.  One the one hand, it definitely implies Love Theme.  So, haha, if Ep IX ended with Rey & Kylo staring into each other's eyes while Across the Stars played, we'd all get it.  And, the audiobook of Jason Fry's novel uses the last few seconds of Across the Stars when Rose kisses Finn.  The music for the audiobook does not match the film at all, but the melody was an obvious shorthand for "insert romance here."

On the other hand,  I'd be worried if they used Across the Stars, because I think it implies tragedy.  Especially the falling notes at 2:00.  It seems very much in the vein of soundtracks to epic romantic tragedies, like Nina Rota's Romeo & Juliet theme, or even the theme from Love Story, which also emphasizes a minor sixth in the melody.

Also (I think this has been noted before), the part in TFA during the Abduction / Tschaikowsky-esque Romeo & Juliet swell, recalls Across the Stars to me.  Listen to 4:20 of Across the Stars compared to 1:25 of the Abduction. I know that this is just a few seconds of music and not necessarily a quotation, but stylistically, the notion of fated romantic tragedy seems similar in this moment.

So, although part of me would love the drama of doomed star-crossed lovers, I suspect that the Reylo arc might go in a more hopeful direction. And accompanied by a more hopeful theme?
@LadyHa

Lady Ha, I really enjoyed your musical insights (being a musical dumbnut..)
yeah the formulaic use of Across the stars in the audio books does seem a bit clunky to me lol.

Thanks for the links - they were very handy!
I had a listen to across the stars - I see what you mean about the 'falling notes' at 2.00 and I think you make a great case for not using Across the stars, unaltered as the Reylo love theme.
I hear Fated epic romance .. but yeah I can see the 'tragic' aspects and for a theme for reylo- we want No tragedy! lol!
I had never listened to 'the abduction' before - lots of rey's theme in there (which I love love love it's so upbeat and wonderful).Wow!
So do you think it will be a new theme?
Or Across the stars with the tragic elements transformed instead to triumphal elements? so an Across the Stars variation maybe?
I kind of like the second idea - like it's musically a way of healing the past - coming to terms with the past and the Anidala relationship through a revision of their musical love theme..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:12 am

@DeeBee @LadyHa

I just wanted to direct you to this tweet

The Last Jedi - Original Soundtrack - Page 3 Img_6814

I would put money on Ben and Reys love theme being a mashup of their individual themes. It would be symbollically beautiful!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:15 am

@Riri - Thanks - very kind of you Riri!
Wow wouldn't you love to have been at that concert!

Was there any of Anakin or Padme themes in Across the stars? Lol I don't even know if there is an Anakin or Padme theme. Um anyone?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 22 Apr 2018, 3:36 am

@DeeBee

Anakin and Padme had themes like "Anakins betrayal" and "Anakins Dream", and "Padme's Rumnifications", however Across the Stars was actually woven into those individual themes - its definitely there in "Anakins Dream" but not sure about the other two.

So if Reylo is reverse Anidala, it would kind of be symbolic to have their individual themes come together to create a greater theme since they're soulmates and binded by destiny Smile

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 22 Apr 2018, 7:23 am

Riri wrote:@DeeBee @LadyHa

I just wanted to direct you to this tweet

The Last Jedi - Original Soundtrack - Page 3 Img_6814

I would put money on Ben and Reys love theme being a mashup of their individual themes. It would be symbollically beautiful!
@Riri

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Mon 23 Apr 2018, 3:49 pm

It does seem like Rey & Kylo Ren's complimentary themes were set up to eventually mesh somehow.  If I recall correctly, I put my avatar together after watching that "Themes Together" video (thanks @Starliteprism ), so I have long been on board for this plan! I do wonder how this balance out - Kylo's melodies are very short - more like riffs - while Rey has a pretty well developed theme.

I wonder if there are any recordings of that live show that @Riri referred to?  I'd love to hear it.
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 27 Apr 2018, 12:30 am

Riri wrote:@DeeBee

Anakin and Padme had themes like "Anakins betrayal" and "Anakins Dream", and "Padme's Rumnifications", however Across the Stars was actually woven into those individual themes - its definitely there in "Anakins Dream" but not sure about the other two.

So if Reylo is reverse Anidala, it would kind of be symbolic to have their individual themes come together to create a greater theme since they're soulmates and binded by destiny Smile
@Riri
- Thanks for the reply Riri, I'm learning a lot from you guys!! yeah it does sound like it would be symbolic!
Starliteprism wrote:
@Starliteprism
-thanks for sharing! this is so quirky and cute! I was expecting some big orchestra tee hee..
I am not musical enough to appreciate this or identify it as an acutal tune lol, however - even I can see how it does seem that the two themes fit together.. almost like yin and yang or something haaaaa..

LadyHa wrote:It does seem like Rey & Kylo Ren's complimentary themes were set up to eventually mesh somehow.  If I recall correctly, I put my avatar together after watching that "Themes Together" video (thanks @Starliteprism ), so I have long been on board for this plan! I do wonder how this balance out - Kylo's melodies are very short - more like riffs - while Rey has a pretty well developed theme.

I wonder if there are any recordings of that live show that @Riri referred to?  I'd love to hear it.
@LadyHa
-'mesh' is a great description.. it's almost like the two tunes.... 'resonate'  Very Happy
I'm wondering if we could hear a recording of the live show too!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 30 Apr 2018, 10:06 am

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 05 May 2018, 8:05 pm

Any spanish speakers here? This guy is incredible but could only watch a couple of his GOT vids with CC. From 1:10 he talks about Han Leia theme and how it's related to rey and kylo's theme. Don't get what he's saying but I think he came to conclusion that they are siblings lol (altho a reylo fan in the comments section!).

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sat 05 May 2018, 8:17 pm

rey09 wrote:Any spanish speakers here? This guy is incredible but could only watch a couple of his GOT vids with CC. From 1:10 he talks about Han Leia theme and how it's related to rey and kylo's theme. Don't get what he's saying but I think he came to conclusion that they are siblings lol (altho a reylo fan in the comments section!).

@rey09
Yes, he said that and that it's not confirmed yet that Rey is their daughter. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 05 May 2018, 8:20 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
rey09 wrote:Any spanish speakers here? This guy is incredible but could only watch a couple of his GOT vids with CC. From 1:10 he talks about Han Leia theme and how it's related to rey and kylo's theme. Don't get what he's saying but I think he came to conclusion that they are siblings lol (altho a reylo fan in the comments section!).

@rey09
Yes, he said that and that it's not confirmed yet that Rey is their daughter. Laughing Laughing Laughing
@Moonlight13

Ohh geeez XD
Do you know what he said about how they relate to Han Leia theme? He seems to say they are derived from their theme?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sat 05 May 2018, 8:46 pm

rey09 wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:

@rey09
@Moonlight13

Ohh geeez XD
Do you know what he said about how they relate to Han Leia theme? He seems to say they are derived from their theme?
@rey09
Yes. He said that Han and Leia's theme uses a motif that's similar to Kylo's theme and later, one that's similar to Rey's theme. (It's interesting that he clarified in the comments that he hadn't seen TLJ when he recorded the video and that, even though he doesn't discard this theory, the romance theory it's stronger). Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 05 May 2018, 9:37 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
rey09 wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:

@rey09
@Moonlight13

Ohh geeez XD
@rey09
Yes. He said that Han and Leia's theme uses a motif that's similar to Kylo's theme and later, one that's similar to Rey's theme. (It's interesting that he clarified in the comments that he hadn't seen TLJ when he recorded the video and that, even though he doesn't discard this theory, the romance theory it's stronger). Laughing
@Moonlight13

Ohh I just saw it. Thanks! Haha it will be interesting to see what he says on it later. This Han Leia thing is interesting. We've always obsessed over the Anakin and Padme connection, but don't think anyone has said there was connection to the Han Leia theme. Wonder if the reylo music experts can lend more insight on this. Is it overkill to suggest Williams used both previous love themes to do reylo lol??

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 26 May 2018, 8:20 pm

From 2:04-2:33 on this track is my single favourite cue from The Last Jedi and one of the best bits of music in all of Star Wars, imo.

When Kylo turns around and realises he's been trolled by his uncle. The sheer epicness of the music lends a huge dramatic and operatic weight to the scene. John Williams delivered big time. Luke vs Kylo (the buildup and confrontation) had so much gravity, scale and emotional baggage/catharsis tied to it. One of my fave moments of the entire saga. Stuff like this is what will help TLJ stand the test of time.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 20 Jun 2018, 10:46 pm

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi - Original Soundtrack - Page 3 Empty Full of Sith - 3 episode star wars ST music series: How the Force Works

Post by DeeBee Wed 08 Aug 2018, 3:55 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I really enjoyed this three part podcast series on The Last Jedi soundtrack. Talks about the unique way the movie was scored and how the themes parallel other Star Wars films.

Full of Sith- How the Force Works
@Cowgirlsamurai

Hello Cowgirlsamurai and Hi Everyone!

I came across this three part series almost by accident.. it is soooo crazy good I came here to share it with you all and I found cowgirlsamurai shared it ages ago! I'm sad I didn't listen to this earlier!

So I just wanted to give this a big shout out - this is a three episode series on the Full of Sith podcast. Cowgirlsamurai has shared the link - thanks!
This guy (David W. Collins)  has his own podcast called 'Oxygen' focused on star wars music, and he put this special three part series together for full of sith. I loved how he put the show together - the way he included the music and what he was referring to was just a pleasure to listen to. Fantastic insights, lots of little themes in the music I had no idea even existed!

He also doesn't just focus on the ST, he did an amazing job of showing all links in the music and how the nine episodes are connected.

I am not educated about music enough to be a critical listener, I will just say I ate these three podcasts up and at times the music and his descriptions had me in tears (when he covered the music around Luke's final moments and Leia's skywalking through space moment-  Cry ). I newly appreciate how darn powerful the music is, and how much of the joy of SW is down to John Williams. I'm soooo happy he is working on IX.

The author didn't directly address reylo - but he did have an interesting take on both rey and Kylo as individual characters and I wouldn't say it was anti - I think he is just not drawing together what's going to happen in Ix.

I haven't listened to any of the oxygen podcast yet.. anyone listened to it?
Here's the link-
http://www.rebelforceradio.com/shows?category=SW%3A%20Oxygen

enjoy!!! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 31 May 2019, 6:34 pm

Idr if I posted this anywhere before but this is a rendition of kylo's theme in major key on piano. Great stuff! Hopefully JW makes something like this, piano really sounded great with rey's intro.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3