Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprising Moments for you in TLJ

+20
MrsWindu
ReyofLightSide
Starliteprism
Saracene
Ynqve
reylo1992
Darth_Awakened
cherrylipstick
Lily Snape
thescavenger
jakkusun
MeadowofAshes
vaderito
IoJovi
rey09
ZioRen
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonlight13
shii405
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Surprising Moments for you in TLJ - Page 2 Empty Re: Surprising Moments for you in TLJ

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Dec 2017, 8:07 am

@IoJovi if it was a crashed Silencer. Remember that Jason was relying on eye witnesses who weren't his regular sources, as well as those super blurry photos. The only thing that was proven right from that shoot was Sloth Anakin. But Rey didn't fight him. I don't know if there was ever a scene where she fought one of the Sloth Anakins. Rian trimmed good 30 min of the movie so maybe. Like, the scene where she is hooded in the dark place with her saber on is not in the movie nor is rey running along the coast with her lightsaber.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Surprising Moments for you in TLJ - Page 2 Empty Re: Surprising Moments for you in TLJ

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 18 Dec 2017, 8:32 am

IoJovi wrote:
vaderito wrote:Hux surviving and being set up to become a bigger player in IX is a big surprise. And a welcome one! FO is so much more interesting than the Resistance.

Kylo no going to Ahch-to. Clever of Rian to bring Adam to film Force Bond scenes there.

Battle of Crait basically being one big nothing. With the exception of MF taking out some TIE fighters, the Resistance didn't hit a single ground target but got obliterated like little ****es.

That the Resistance dropping crystal blocks on AT-AT rumor didn't materialize. It seems to me that there was a plan but they opted out of it. Same with Finn cutting Phasma's arm. I guess they didn't want to have feminist outcry about domestic abuse cause a guy cut a hostile-armed-woman-intended-to-kill-him arm so they went with safer helmet smash and than ground opening at the right moment to swallow her.
@vaderito

lol! lol!

I finally figured out Kylo wasn’t coming to AchTo two days before I saw the film. I had read the VD leak and knew about the Force Bond. After realizing we had not a single shot of Kylo on AchTo, I had a feeling they’d go that route. I also think the crashed Silencer from the Ireland filming was a decoy meant to misdirect prying eyes.
@IoJovi

Yes, it is possible Disney was leaking wrong info to see where the leaks were coming from. Especially for the KOR, who turned out to not be in the film.
They may have filmed the flashback scene, though, with Kylo and the KOR coming back for something but didn't use it or will use in for 9.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 18 Dec 2017, 8:56 am

I had stayed away from the spoilers for quite a few days before so on my first viewing Snokes death was totally unexpected but was thrilled by the Throne room super charged fight. I had hoped for a Force Bond so was gratified by how it was handled, especially Kylo's sea spray gloved hand and later reaching out for each other skin to skin was very emotive. I had heard rumours of shirtless Kylo but the context it was placed in made me hold my breath a bit lol

I also loved quiet but stark simplicity of Holdo slicing the star destroyer by using the light speed manoeuvre

And of course eventually realising was Luke projecting himself and the blue light sabre before looking out at the twin suns and vanishing.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:28 am

The physical Force Bond. I expected them to just hear each others thoughts and talk to each other.

Kylo was never really on Ahch-To.

The exploding hut spoilers were actually true.

Rey seeing the light in Kylo so quickly.

The lack of a backstory for Ben's fall to the dark side.

Luke wanting to kill Ben (though that part was unfortunately spoiled for me before I saw the film).

How Snoke could be killed so easily and that he already died in this film.

Renperor, and Kylo wanting to kill Rey after their relationship had developed so beautifully Crying or Very sad

The obvious sexual tension between Rey and Kylo when TFA was so subtle.

Leia giving up on Kylo.

Broomboy...
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:52 am

I watched the movie in full spoiler mode, and I´m glad I knew almost every big point before watching it. therefore only a few surprises.
The not so beautiful ones:
Snoke beeing so easily duped an killed surprised me. I found it a bit underwhelming. Also the reason why Ben became Kylo. trying to kill his nephew at this point, for me it´s out of Luke´s charakter. And I´m not a big Luke fan. As long as this charakter´s behaviour makes sense, I´m fine.
The positive suprises for me in the movie: the "physical" portayal of the forcebond. I expected that they would only talk through the force with eachother. And Luke´s whole projection on Crait. At first I didn´t get why they showed the footprints, resp. why Luke has no footprints... THIS was a WOW-moment. The movie could have had a few more of them.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 18 Dec 2017, 1:39 pm

I went in totally spoiled for all the twists - it's different seeing it through... and I'm glad I was "prepared" otherwise I may have been too shocked to enjoy the movie like I did.

I was surprised how much if effected me - I felt joy, happiness but also bitterness and anger. That's why I love it so much despite all the flaws and missing things in the story.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:44 pm

IoJovi wrote:
vaderito wrote:Hux surviving and being set up to become a bigger player in IX is a big surprise. And a welcome one! FO is so much more interesting than the Resistance.

Kylo no going to Ahch-to. Clever of Rian to bring Adam to film Force Bond scenes there.

Battle of Crait basically being one big nothing. With the exception of MF taking out some TIE fighters, the Resistance didn't hit a single ground target but got obliterated like little ****es.

That the Resistance dropping crystal blocks on AT-AT rumor didn't materialize. It seems to me that there was a plan but they opted out of it. Same with Finn cutting Phasma's arm. I guess they didn't want to have feminist outcry about domestic abuse cause a guy cut a hostile-armed-woman-intended-to-kill-him arm so they went with safer helmet smash and than ground opening at the right moment to swallow her.  
@vaderito

lol! lol!

I finally figured out Kylo wasn’t coming to AchTo two days before I saw the film.  I had read the VD leak and knew about the Force Bond.  After realizing we had not a single shot of Kylo on AchTo, I had a feeling they’d go that route.  I also think the crashed Silencer from the Ireland filming was a decoy meant to misdirect prying eyes.
@IoJovi

I thought there might have been something to the theories that the "crash" on Ahch-To was a scene they were asked to film for IX while they were there just to get it over with. But if that was during the time when Trevorrow was still working on it, it may have been scrapped even if that was the case.

That said, Kylo having a scene on Ahch-To in IX wouldn't surprise me.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 18 Dec 2017, 4:35 pm

My biggest surprises were:

-how early on in the film we got overt reylo scenes
-Luke attempting to kill Ben
-Snoke being killed
-DJ selling out Finn and Rose
-Rey and Kylo touching hands
-Rey shipping herself to Kylo in a box
-Rey's parents being actual nothings (I LOVED THAT)
-Kylo ADMITTING that Rey meant something to him
-Luke holo (kinda lame but surprising none-the-less)
-Flying Leia (I thought it was a spoof)
-Renperor :/
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum