Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is George Lucas the original Reylo?

+9
rawpowah
snufkin
shii405
Kylo Rey
MyOnlyHope
bashfulblueeyes3
FrolickingFizzgig
DeeBee
Gemlake
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is George Lucas the original Reylo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is George Lucas the original Reylo?

Post by vaderito Sun 07 Jan 2018, 6:54 pm

The point is, there seemed to be the romance between Kira and Jedi Killer no matter who was related or how many characters, those 2 were never related to each other cause they were the star-crossed lovers. Of course, they are not going to release that detail but everything points out in that direction. heck, they didn't include

Is George Lucas the original Reylo? - Page 2 QsyWYpC

in Art Of TFA so that it doesn't spoil TLJ.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Is George Lucas the original Reylo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is George Lucas the original Reylo?

Post by Gemlake Sun 07 Jan 2018, 7:10 pm

@vaderito
I agree. That split picture is amazing, btw.

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Mon 08 Jan 2018, 8:34 pm

I love reading about the developmental process of the Sequel Trilogy and seeing how it's evolved. One other thing I remember reading is that Poe's character was originally conceived as a Jedi (later a bounty hunter) within Kira's story. I wonder if he was part of the Jedi massacre and escaped with her as they were both on the run while at the same time the Solo Son was being seduced by Darth Talon/Jedi Killer. Eventually Kira found her way back to Luke and they went looking for fragments of the map to the First Jedi Temple as briefly shown in the art book of The Force Awakens being found within The second Death Star which had sunk underwater. I think it's possible originally Kira and Solo Son were both being trained at the same time until the attack which separated them. Or maybe she was on Jakku with her caregiver until their home was destroyed in a search party and she meets up with Jedi Poe during these events to which she finds Luke to begin her Jedi Training.

This makes me also wonder about what was the original plan for Episode VIII as these things were said to be the plans for Episode VII (Maybe VIII would have been Han's story instead but was changed to Han then Luke in running order? I think Leia was always meant to round up the saga as I saw her restoring the government to echo Padme leading Palpatine to power in The Phantom Menace) and the Knights of Ren. This also shows three Dark Side users in Uber, Darth Talon, and Solo Son. Does this break the Rule of Two with Talon/Jedi Killer seducing Solo Son? How does the Empire/First Order play into all of this? I have so many rambling thoughts and feel there's so many interesting conversations to be had here! I really hope they'll release the treatments after Episode IX as I really want to discover the missing puzzle pieces to seeing how things were originally conceived and fully evolved.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemlake Tue 09 Jan 2018, 2:51 pm

BB-Rey wrote:

This makes me also wonder about what was the original plan for Episode VIII as these things were said to be the plans for Episode VII (Maybe VIII would have been Han's story instead but was changed to Han then Luke in running order?
@BB-Rey
Pablo has suggested on more than one occasion that to see George's ideas, we should watch the trilogy. No one took him seriously, of course. But it's possible that several major plot points have been adopted, including that the fallen son would kill Han.
Harrison Ford said George suggested Han's death in the initial phone call to him proposing his return as Han. That would have been in the summer of 2012, shortly before the sale to Disney. https://www.gq.com/story/harrison-ford-gq-cover-story-2017

A potential storyline in Episode VIII might have been the fallen son killing Uber to become the lead Sith. That would set up a brother sister battle in Episode IX. As for the son's fate, who knows. But it seems like a short redemption before death would be too similar to Vader (and Jacen Solo).

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Tue 09 Jan 2018, 3:20 pm

There was never any doubt for me that they're still using George's treatments. I remember reading Dale Pollock who wrote Skywalking say that part of what Disney bought was part of the agreement they made with him. I think it's also exactly what Kathy Kennedy said of they just changed the order of a few things and made a few discards, namely Darth Talon.
Thank you for sharing this article! I'll have to read it. It makes me think Luke would have lived pass Episode VII and possibly have continued to train Kira in the ways of the Jedi in Episode VIII or they would have explored the more philosophical or moral aspects as The Last Jedi did.

I think that's very possible and maybe explored his training more so. One such further test would have been to kill Darth Talon (or Kira would have in Episode VII) and we may have explored his Dark Side training. I also think Uber like Snoke survives and that Episode IX will be their unity in coming together to defeat the Supreme Intellect as Uber would be and that Richard Marquand spoke about post Return of the Jedi and the nine part series. So, it really does feel like the foundation and everything is really still George's blueprint. They just explored these characters in more of an Original Trilogy like setting and as I remember George saying, " If the first trilogy is social and political and talks about how society evolves, Star Wars is more about personal growth and self realisation, and the third deals with moral and philosophical problems. The sequel is about Jedi Knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned." So, I think when J.J. came aboard he decided it was better served to give something familiar before branching off into new stories as he said once that The Last Jedi and Episode IX would be. I think we probably would have had no Resistance but a struggling New Republic like seen in Bloodline. Ultimately, hopefully we'll get a full idea of things before too long. I really want to see more. Definitely am considering buying the art books for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi as a start!

Last edited by BB-Rey on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemlake Tue 09 Jan 2018, 3:57 pm

@BB-Rey
"Episode IX will be their unity in coming together to defeat the Supreme Intellect".
Yes, I like this version better.  Skylar and Kira teaming up to defeat Uber.  
As to the Resistance, yes, I recall JJ saying that he created the First Order/Resistance to bring back the atmosphere of the Original Trilogy.

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Tue 09 Jan 2018, 4:10 pm

Thank you and maybe we'll still get that when Rey and Ben come together, they'll have to defeat Snoke.

That would make sense. It also works in a sense of more of a shocker that Snoke/Uber (before him) could be masking a true plan of training a group of Dark Side Force Users. As according to Wookieepedia Han believes Snoke exploits Force sensitives. One such way he is secretly training an army. It works better if he's also in command of the remains of the Empire in the First Order, and not just having new unrelated characters control them until the remaining former Empire joins the New Republic. (Or the chance Uber always controlled them but had Inquisitors in plain sight to later reveal a larger army.) This could've been reworked to Snoke faking his death to give Ben power and the need for the Knights of Ren, who Snoke has Masters of the order training his warriors. Then he'll invade the galaxy. It's up to Rey and Ben and everyone else to come together in unity. Sorry I got a little carried away with my dream fanfiction. Haha Smile
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 28 Jan 2018, 1:36 am

hi Everyone,
I recently saw a video on youtube that I thought was interesting and thought I'd share..
Someone has done some research into GL's visual for the overall SW trilogies.

Of course, I can't vouch for the veracity.. but it does identify it's sources.. so maybe it's worth checking it if you are interested.. it seems to fit well with many of the things mentioned here!

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 14 Mar 2018, 11:00 pm

It seems, according to this source, that Lucas' outline for the Sequel Trilogy wasn't thrown out completely but reworked.  

Some of the key difference is Luke would have had a larger role in Episode 7 and trained the protagonist there; a character named Talon would have corrupted Han & Leia's son before being merged with him to make Kylo Ren.  And in some early drafts Finn was written as the son.  The lead character was meant to be a girl named Kira and was morphed into Rey; etc, etc.

For the most part most of George's ideas for Ep 7 got stretched across two movies which explains the heavy frequency of the ring pattern he made famous?
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2