Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Do You Hope for in TROS?— Spoiler-free

+14
unicorn
giaciak2
motherofpearl1
Mana
AcrosstheStars
Atenais
tukicarreno
PalmettoBlue
ZioRen
SkyStar
special_cases
SW_Heroine_Journey
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
18 posters

Go down

What Do You Hope for in TROS?— Spoiler-free Empty What Do You Hope for in TROS?— Spoiler-free

Post by Lily Snape Sun 15 Dec 2019, 1:36 pm

Anyone want to say what they hope for in TROS?  Staying away from leaks, obviously— just based off what we’ve seen from trailers, interviews, TV spots, etc.  Here are a few of mine:

—Anakin coming back as a Force ghost and finishes off Palpatine for good and saves the day when it looks like all is lost. Lightsaber through the chest, deflected lightning, whatever.  I mean, if Force Ghost Yoda can embody corporeally enough to light a tree on fire, why not?  This trilogy of trilogies is about Anakin Skywalker, and we need more of him in this, IMHO.

—Ben helping Rey deal with her darkness.

—Chewie and Lando and R2 and C-3PO live (I don’t think there’s much hope for Leia.)

—We know there’s a Rey/Kylo lightsaber fight, but here’s hoping it has lots of unresolved sexual tension.  Smile

—A really good Reylo kiss.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

What Do You Hope for in TROS?— Spoiler-free Empty Re: What Do You Hope for in TROS?— Spoiler-free

Post by Birdwoman Sun 15 Dec 2019, 1:46 pm

I am hoping for a kiss between Rey and Kylo.
Kylo living at the end of the movie.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

What Do You Hope for in TROS?— Spoiler-free Empty Re: What Do You Hope for in TROS?— Spoiler-free

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 15 Dec 2019, 1:48 pm

Passionate Reylo Kiss
Rey's heroine's journey is emotionally/narrative fulfilling for me
Ben flies the Millenium Falcon
The movie concludes with Ben alive! I understand a Beauty and the Beast type death, yet it is temporary, not permanent
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 15 Dec 2019, 1:50 pm

I also hope for a good story, even if I don't get everything I wanted.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 15 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm

Their kiss is better be the most iconic kiss in SW.

(I think it will be)
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sun 15 Dec 2019, 2:15 pm

Some good reylo scenes I can rewatch after few years and be like - ah ye that was it.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 15 Dec 2019, 3:37 pm

Rey to take Kylo's hand earnestly this time. Crying or Very sad
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 15 Dec 2019, 3:48 pm

Reylo babies.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:12 pm

Birdwoman wrote:I am hoping for a kiss between Rey and Kylo.
@Birdwoman

I didn’t even think to say that, somehow, even though it’s the thing I wish for the most— Kylo living at the end of the movie. That was kind of the subtext of my “Anakin saving the day” wish. Anakin saves Rey and his grandson. Sad ending averted by the very guy who inadvertently started all this. But regardless of how it happens, I want Ben to live.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sun 15 Dec 2019, 9:21 pm

Birdwoman wrote:I am hoping for a kiss between Rey and Kylo.
@Birdwoman

Exactly my wish! Although if I a being honest I am really hoping for two or three. Wink  If there is just one, I am sure it will be epic though.. I love you

Last edited by tukicarreno on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 15 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm

♥ At least one Reylo kiss.
♥ Kylo living at the end of the movie.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Sun 15 Dec 2019, 10:50 pm

In order of importance to me:

1. Redeemed Ben lives.
2. Mutual, blatant Reylo, with them finding belonging and a future together.
3. Anakin giving his only grandchild a talking to.
4. Anakin playing a pivotal role in defeating Palpatine. If not, Ben in his place.
5. Ben or unmasked Kylo piloting the Falcon.
6. Returns to PT planets, especially Naboo and Coruscant, even if just a glimpse at the end ala ROTJ.
7. Artoo actually getting a decent role and not just being background scenery.
8. Ian as Palpatine getting decent screen time and chances to chew all the scenery.  Laughing 
9. Another Yoda appearance, and one by Ewan’s Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon ghost appearance (he’s bound to have learned how by now, ha!). Padme mentions would be wonderful too.
10. Ben and Leia getting a scene. I would put this a lot higher, but sadly I don’t think it’ll happen due to Carrie’s passing.  Crying or Very sad 
11. The mask being limited in screen time.
12. Finn and Rose getting together.
13. Zorii having decent scenes. I’ve always liked Keri Russell and want to like her character.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sun 15 Dec 2019, 11:10 pm

- Ben Solo, alive at the end
- Romantic Reylo endgame
- At least a mention of Anakin and Padme
- Finn leading a stormtrooper rebellion (I know I know, but I'm still holding out hope!
- Romantic Finnrose endgame
- Reylo baby/babies!!!!!!!!!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 16 Dec 2019, 12:46 am

Happy ending. Please.
It's Christmas Disney.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Mon 16 Dec 2019, 12:54 am

AcrosstheStars wrote:In order of importance to me:

1. Redeemed Ben lives.
2. Mutual, blatant Reylo, with them finding belonging and a future together.
3. Anakin giving his only grandchild a talking to.
4. Anakin playing a pivotal role in defeating Palpatine. If not, Ben in his place.
5. Ben or unmasked Kylo piloting the Falcon.
6. Returns to PT planets, especially Naboo and Coruscant, even if just a glimpse at the end ala ROTJ.
7. Artoo actually getting a decent role and not just being background scenery.
8. Ian as Palpatine getting decent screen time and chances to chew all the scenery.  Laughing 
9. Another Yoda appearance, and one by Ewan’s Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon ghost appearance (he’s bound to have learned how by now, ha!). Padme mentions would be wonderful too.
10. Ben and Leia getting a scene. I would put this a lot higher, but sadly I don’t think it’ll happen due to Carrie’s passing.  Crying or Very sad 
11. The mask being limited in screen time.
12. Finn and Rose getting together.
13. Zorii having decent scenes. I’ve always liked Keri Russell and want to like her character.
@AcrosstheStars

These are so great!!! Smile

@Mana Stormtrooper rebellion led by Finn— I’d kind of forgotten about that, but yes, me too.

@motherofpearl1 My thoughts exactly. Also, what a mess it is in the world these days— we need some happiness.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 16 Dec 2019, 12:59 am

Mana, you might get get the Stormtrooper rebellion.....Finn is certainly using some rousing language in the trailers.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 16 Dec 2019, 6:23 am

Beny alive at the end of movie
Reylo
Rey and Ben together and happy.

giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Mon 16 Dec 2019, 7:53 am

I wish a satisfying story with:
- a surviving Ben Solo at the end
- and a happy reylo ending.
Without these 2 points, the story cannot be  satisfying or beautiful, at least not for me.

And no elaborated and sophisticated explanation, why his death is oh so meaningful and Rey ending more or less alone is so beautiful and hopefull can change my mind, period.

It´s Christmas, nobody needs pointless deaths and loneliness.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 16 Dec 2019, 8:03 am

unicorn wrote:I wish a satisfying story with:
- a surviving Ben Solo at the end
- and a happy reylo ending.
Without these 2 points, the story cannot be  satisfying or beautiful, at least not for me.

And no elaborated and sophisticated explanation, why his death is oh so meaningful and Rey ending more or less alone is so beautiful and hopefull can change my mind, period.

It´s Christmas, nobody needs pointless deaths and loneliness.
@"unicorno"

I agree on every word!
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 16 Dec 2019, 8:23 am

Ditto.
I want Ben alive. If not, there is no satisfying ending to the Skywalker saga for me. It's as if Han, Leia and Luke didn't exist. Even if he dies saving Mary Rey Sue, it's not enough. Whatever future writers and directors say, they are the heart and soul of Star Wars.
Even if Rey and Ben don't end up together, as long as he lives and their relationship is left will they, won't they, I'll be quite happy to read future comics where they end up together.
Worse, for me if Rey is the 'honorary' Skywalker at the end, I will lose all my affection for her. She's at her best when she's with Ben.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:16 pm

Well the same for me : Ben not dying at the end and reylo moments (at least one kiss).
Good action scenes
Some new planets
Hux being a bad***
Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 16 Dec 2019, 10:46 pm

ZioRen wrote:Rey to take Kylo's hand earnestly this time. Crying or Very sad
@ZioRen

Yes, this! Rey rejected Kylo’s offers to be together twice because they were wrong at the time- the offer to be her teacher in TFA and the offer to rule the galaxy in TLJ. I’m hoping he offers her something that’s right this time (third time is a charm) and this time, she accepts his offer, or better yet, this time she makes the offer and he accepts.

What I really want is for Kylo to be redeemed and live happily ever after. That is all. Thumbs up
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 17 Dec 2019, 2:32 am

Lily Snape wrote:Anyone want to say what they hope for in TROS?  Staying away from leaks, obviously— just based off what we’ve seen from trailers, interviews, TV spots, etc.  Here are a few of mine:

—Anakin coming back as a Force ghost and finishes off Palpatine for good and saves the day when it looks like all is lost. Lightsaber through the chest, deflected lightning, whatever.  I mean, if Force Ghost Yoda can embody corporeally enough to light a tree on fire, why not?  This trilogy of trilogies is about Anakin Skywalker, and we need more of him in this, IMHO.

—Ben helping Rey deal with her darkness.

—Chewie and Lando and R2 and C-3PO live (I don’t think there’s much hope for Leia.)

—We know there’s a Rey/Kylo lightsaber fight, but here’s hoping it has lots of unresolved sexual tension.  Smile

—A really good Reylo kiss.
@Lily Snape

When I fully immersed myself into the whole REYLO thang over two and a half years ago, I wrote a little fiction on how I would have loved to see the saga end.

Basically, there was a confrontation between Kylo and Rey after Kylo killed Luke(which then TLJ took a different approach) and Rey was full of rage. The fighting was intense but the power of it caused in attacking one another actually knocked their spiritual selves out of their bodies and their true emotions and feelings were revealed. As a result, it created a big bang of course, but instead of destroying the universe, it actually brought every being into a next level of enlightenment/progression and a better way of being and understanding. Kinda weird but that was my thought processes even then.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 17 Dec 2019, 3:51 am

• A good story and a satisfying ending to both the ST and the entire Skywalker saga.
  • Bendemption + Ben lives
  • Mutual Reylo with happy ending
  • Reylo kiss
  • Ben and Leia scene
  • Memorable Reylo theme like "Across the Stars" or "Han Solo and the Princess"
  • Anakin Force Ghost
  • Padme
  • Rey gets a new lightsaber + Ben gets the Skywalker saber
  • Kylo only wears the mask for a short time
  • No retconning of the Throne Room scene. If Rey's (grand)parents were from an important bloodline, Kylo was mistaken and told Rey what he thought was the truth.
  • At least one costume change for Rey and Ben, because compared to the OT and PT the characters' range of costumes is a bit lacking IMO.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down