Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

+26
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
Kyla Ren
karamelreylo
OrionStars
SW_Heroine_Journey
unicorn
Saracene
snufkin
Acritiqua
special_cases
Piper Maru
MaddieDove
Moonlight13
reylo1992
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
Angharad
AhsokaTano
vaderito
Teo oswald
Lily Snape
fuhry
guardienne
cherrylipstick
DeeBee
30 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 13 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 25 Nov 2021, 12:42 am

And about as appealing as watching a coat of paint dry.
Luke has had dozens of comic books detailing his story. And I have NO interest in yet another Ben prequel; we know how his story ends. Even the Halloween Lego special had 'teen Ben' or whatever. They've milked the 'before Kylo Ren' dry. It's post Kylo Ren which would have been fascinating and had endless possibilities. Disney can act like a Xmas turkey and get stuffed. I'm done with them.

Had a bit of a rough day yesterday; one of my beloved cats was hit by a car and killed and I had to put him to rest. Sad

Moving to other topics...just been reading on tumblr some of the comments John Boyega made post TROS - I knew about the 'pipe' one but the others genuinely shocked me, especially as none of his fans on the FICM have said anything about it. Instead they keep insisting he was a victim of racism because his role as male lead was given to Adam Driver.
Can't see the wood for the trees, I guess.....

https://twitter.com/sw_holocron

scroll down and you'll see a nice interview with Adam
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 13 Empty Re: Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars...

Post by DeeBee Mon 06 Dec 2021, 4:49 am

Okay I am guessing screen rant is bottom shelf entertainment journalism.. but read this and it gave me a snigger…
https://screenrant.com/kylo-ren-new-star-wars-movies-sith/

Apparently, Ben Solo is the future of Star Wars..
and he and Rey had a connection that was ‘romantic or otherwise’ haaaa that’s funny!
But the funniest part was hearing that Rey had a ‘teased mutual attraction to Poe’ wahahhhaaa..
Mutual? - Rey and Finn mutual attraction to Poe. Haaaa or, Rey and Poe’s mutual attraction to Poe? Ha! Yeah I like that one..
because I saw zero attraction from Poe toward Rey! (Nor vice versa)

Ok ship who you wanna ship peeps, but I just find this funny, I guess all of Poe’s flirting with Zorii was just a red herring!

If SW brought Ben back while Rey and Poe get together, I would not tune in to see that!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 06 Dec 2021, 5:09 am

Oh, what are they going to propose next, for crying out loud!!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 08 Dec 2021, 4:21 am

This isn’t about the future of Reylo..l but I don’t know where else this would go..

You all seen this?

I don’t know how I missed this!

Great job creator!
cheers
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Darth Dementor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 11 Dec 2021, 5:13 am

You know, I saw a SW festive stamp collection for sale in a newsagents yesterday....disn't see any pictures of Kylo or even Rey, although they might be in other batches, but the cover had a huge picture of Poe Dameron on it!

Never have I seen such promotion for a character who originally was only meant to be on screen for five minutes.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 12 Jan 2022, 9:38 pm

I’m sure someone has posted this elsewhere in the forum, but…

https://news.yahoo.com/adam-driver-responds-rumors-star-154300903.html
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 13 Jan 2022, 1:51 am

Prequels - no, no no.
Resurrection - yes, yes yes!

I suppose they have their fans - especially on the FICM - but I personally have had enough of the the Trio to last eternity. Sadly, although she got on well enough with Adam, Daisy has said more than once that she'd only return if John and Oscar did. So although We might hopefully see Kylo/Ben again....I think reylo is dead in the water. Shame.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 13 Jan 2022, 6:22 am

Yeah Adam said that few months ago around the time Daisy Ridley was talking about being invited for and going to breakfast with Kathleen Kennedy . Coincidence? Who knows ?
Is anyone watching Book of Boba Fett series ? Episode 2 was particularly brilliant with all the tree of life symbolism and the scenes with the Tusken Raiders /sand people. And how did he bring that branch back from the tree ? Did it all take place in the world between worlds ? Maybe we should start a separate thread as am hearing rumours of possibly Han ( rumours Harrison Ford filmed some scenes ) and little Ben Solo making an appearance by the end of the show .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 13 Jan 2022, 6:29 am

I don't watch anything Disney anymore, so thanks for keep me up to date on any possible clues as to Ben returning; I'm not interested in prequels but if there is a possibility that they might bring Ben back, that's good news.

Okay this is old news...but strangely it kind of makes me feel sad.
https://sleemo.com/post/184307690062/star-wars-actors-are-psyched-for-rey-poe-and

courtesy of Sleemo.

sad because this was the Skywalker saga...and there is no room in this 'ensemble' for Ben Solo. Sad Evil or Very Mad

Okay...this from 2020 so probably already posted, but it's interesting....shows that reylos aren't the only ones not happy with how TROS ended.
https://bewithmebensolo.tumblr.com/post/190026636732/star-wars-why-reylo-outrage-inspired

Has anyone else read this?
https://medium.com/fan-fare/the-rise-of-skywalker-and-failing-upwards-part-ii-266c25c143e

This isn't the only article I've read that is very highly critical of reylo...I have to say, I'm finding it both disappointing and frankly, depressing that they seem to think anyone who likes reylo is some kind of 'white supremacist'. I've corresponded with a number of reylos who are women of colour...I often wonder what they think of this criticism? Crying or Very sad

I found this recently
I don't know if someone has posted it before, sorry it that is the case...but it actually stunned me. It's an interview with someone who worked with the visual effects on TROS and they were asked if they had ever shot a scene with Ben's FG.

According to Guyett, they VFX team never created a Force Ghost version of the former Kylo Ren that would have appeared alongside Luke and Leia in that scene. (For the record, Leia’s Force Ghost was created with Force Awakens footage.) “My interpretation of it anyway is that when you see Luke and Leia there, it’s about the Skywalker [legacy],” he remarks of Ben’s absence, adding that he’s enjoying the fan speculation about that choice.

Hi everyone, hope you're well. I am taking a hiatus from posting here for a while...if some juicy news pops up, I might be back, but I'm avoiding SW for a bit, apart from writing some truly awful fan fic, which is my therapy. I'm having to do this purely because I'm finding how they ended the Skywalker Saga so depressing, it's best to say goodbye to SW, hopefully not permanently, but...you never know. It has meant a lot to me, and seen me through some pretty bad times, but in my opinion it has been truly and thoroughly destroyed for me. It doesn't help that I have zero interest in anything DLF are putting out - I'm not interested in Mando or BoBF, can't stand Rey now post TROS Crying or Very sad , and John Boyega's online behaviour, plus being accused of racism by his horrid fans - who are everywhere, not just on the FICM - has completely put me off Finn.

I wish everyone who still has faith - especially the ever cheerful Ahsoka Tano - all the best, and I fervently hope that faith will be rewarded, but I'm doing little else but moan here at this present time - and I can do that on tumblr! So, I'm making a note of everything Adam is going to be in and putting it in my 'things to see at the cinema' list, while enjoying House of Gucci on streaming.
Happy Easter ladies and gents...I wish you all well. sunny
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 09 May 2022, 5:21 am

Hi all it’s been a while . Hope everyone ok?
So this is a Star Wars future thread and I thought I would ask if anyone has watched “ moonknight “? Episode 5 in particular had me with my jaw on the floor . Some of the best story telling I’ve seen . It has a lot of parallels with the dyad concept in terms of the duat ( the journey of two parts of the soul- the shadow and original concept- the duality of what makes up the soul and how in the underworld, the two sides can meet but ultimately become one ) seriously you all need to check this out because it’s really interesting ideas about the shadow and what it is , how it’s created , like a personal demon or imaginary friend that takes on form . It’s so interesting how the dual characters of mark and Steven are contrasted too like light and dark by their personalities but their clothes too . But in the end they belong to each other because they are the same being . There are even some parallels with what Oscar’
Issac says echoeing kylo /Ben “ you /this is just a memory “ and interesting how one of the side of the duat ( the journey of two halves of the soul ) has all the memories and knowledge but the other doesn’t . Reminds me of idea how kylo /Ben as the shadow ( and we know he’s the shadow as rise of kylo ren comics told us ) sifts through Rey’s memories just as she downloads his powers ( the last Jedi novel ). Brings to mind I am heathcliff and he is me from wuthering heights . The concept of dyad /duat -your literal soulmate /other half in the underworld. In Moonknight it’s mark and Steven in this position .
Really interesting that marvel are exploring this more not just in loki series with sylvie and Loki but in Moonknight too.
Just thought would share as Star Wars and MCU share very similar parallels and concepts .
https://collider.com/moon-knight-duat-explained/amp/
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Thu 19 May 2022, 7:11 am

Has anyone seen this?  It says they're "moving on from the Skywalker saga".  Even though I hated how they handled the ST and I think they ruined the entire saga with that horrible ending and the disaster that was TROS, it still makes me sad to hear them say that. Sad  I was still kind of hoping they would do something to fix things and bring Ben back to Rey, if not in a movie, then maybe in a book or something.  I guess nothing is etched in stone, but it seems unlikely to happen, or at least not for a very long time. Sad

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/05/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

motherofpearl1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 19 May 2022, 7:19 am

Yeah I read that - also that their focus seems to be on tv now rather than films . I didn’t like too how KK seems to put the actors of Solo film under a bus too criticising that it didn’t work because Alden wasn’t Harrison Ford and recasts don’t work ! What the ??? You’ve got plenty of recast actors in star wars playing the same character and I thought Alden was good in solo . She confirms too that Rian Johnson’s trilogy is on the back burner so that’s not happening anytime soon. I don’t think she’s telling the whole truth though because there is the rumoured Rogue squadron that’s meant to be filming end of the year and that is set post TROS .
I’ll see what happens at celebration next week and whether we get any news . In meantime am looking forward to obi wan Kenobi next week Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 20 May 2022, 2:32 am

I find the things she says very ironic.
All this about 'moving into the future, which doesn't include the Skywalkers'....yet not only are all of their new projects set in the past, but they have a Young Luke in the Obi Wan series which also is going to feature Anakin SKYWALKER. So, they kill off the legacy characters to promote Rey Palpwalker but still bring them back in order to make money off them as 'guests'.

No, Kathleen - you can't use Han or Luke or Leia anymore...but you COULD have had someone who is all three of them. Instead you chose to get rid of him to appease woke, such as the Kylo haters, the Finn worshippers, the 'Rey doesn't need a boyfriend' brigade, which you will find on the toxic FICM.
Why is their money better than that of Ben/Kylo fans, and reylos?

As for SW 'branching out in other directions', I guess that one will be comedy, as Taika Waititi is a primarily comedic film maker. He also has a fondness for 'woke', so you will get along fine.
Nothing here to draw me back to SW, I can't watch anything set in the past as I find the future depressing. Notice how she makes a point of Rey not being a Kenobi as it would 'go against everything Lucas did with the Jedi?'

Has she actually watched the PT - that was all Lucas, and it certainly didn't show the Jedi in a very good light.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 20 May 2022, 3:07 am

Also making Rey a Kenobi (her mother’s side now ) would not go against what’s come before ie Kenobi was in love with Satine in past and clone wars was George Lucas’s project . Moreover even in the new Disney projects ie high republic and rebels ( kanan a Jedi and hera and they have a child together)Jedi openly have attachments ie relationships.
And you’re right  @Motherofpearl1 about the irony about what Kathleen Kennedy says ie  she claims  to be finished with the Skywalkers and looking to the future , but in reality is stuck in the past as all the new projects so far are in the past and Luke and Anakin are in them( Skywalkers).
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

motherofpearl1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 20 May 2022, 4:36 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Also making Rey a Kenobi (her mother’s side now ) would not go against what’s come before ie Kenobi was in love with Satine in past and clone wars was George Lucas’s project . Moreover even in the new Disney projects ie high republic and rebels ( kanan a Jedi and hera and they have a child together)Jedi openly have attachments ie relationships.
And you’re right  @Motherofpearl1 about the irony about what Kathleen Kennedy says ie  she claims  to be finished with the Skywalkers and looking to the future , but in reality is stuck in the past as all the new projects so far are in the past and Luke and Anakin are in them( Skywalkers).
@AhsokaTano

I'd like to know just why they don't have plans for anything involving Rey Skywalker...Daisy is still working for Disney, she has just finished a film for Disney + so it's nothing to do with her. I just find it so hypocritical.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 20 May 2022, 4:35 pm

I guess when they say that they’re moving on from the Skywalker saga, they’re really talking about moving on from the ST. Except that saying so would be an admission of failure so it has to be cloaked.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 21 May 2022, 1:43 am

They still seem to be pushing 'Rey Skywalker', but her story seems to have been told. Her future has been established as a 'White Jedi' with no attachments, no family...I don't care about her 'rushing off to her friends' at the end of TROS, the film chose to end with her alone on a desert planet apart from two ghosts and a robot. How on earth can you continue her story after that?

As for Poe and Finn, they used up both of those characters in TROS. Neither of them turned out to be very interesting. I suppose they could have Finn setting out to find his family but I suspect the only ones interested in that will be his fans on the FICM, he got even less votes than Babu Frik on the 'who do you want to see most poll', which of course is the general audience.

The fact is...where do they go from here? Whatever interest people have in spin offs and endless adventures set in the 'olde days', the Skywalkers were the heart and soul of SW, and i seriously doubt it has any future on the 'big screen' without them. They have made a terrible mistake killing off the last - and best - of them to satisfy a few wokesters who are very vocal on sm but aren't the ones likely to buy film tickets.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 27 May 2022, 9:46 am

So have been keeping an eye on Star Wars celebration and it looks like though tv will be mainly for the rebellion side era and prequels , the films will Be reserved for sequel trilogy era in an interview yesterday:

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-sequel-trilogy-future-movies

Also Roseanne A. Brown ( who is a reylo ) is writing a short story about Poe and Rey ( and why they don’t get on at beginning of TROS ) in stories of Jedi and Sith .

Apart from that there’s been a few announcements of tv series ( nothing on film yet Star Wars wise ) including one with Jude law no one saw coming called skeleton crew ( so they can keep secrets ).
Will update if hear anymore ..I’ve been seeing on Twitter quite a few reylos dressed up who have gone to celebration. Not sure if there’s anyone from here .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 27 May 2022, 2:41 pm

Thank you for keeping us informed...but the very words 'Poe, Rey, Finn era'....leave me not so much cold, as frozen. I'm sorry but post TROS I loathe these characters so much the very thought of them returning does nothing but make me even more determined to avoid Disney. The 'new trio'....stinks. End of.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Fri 27 May 2022, 5:37 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:So have been keeping an eye on Star Wars celebration and it looks like though tv will be mainly for the rebellion side era and prequels , the films will Be reserved for sequel trilogy era in an interview yesterday:

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-sequel-trilogy-future-movies

Also Roseanne A. Brown ( who is a reylo ) is writing a short story about Poe and Rey ( and why they don’t get on at beginning of TROS ) in stories of Jedi and Sith .

Apart from that there’s been a few announcements of tv series ( nothing on film yet Star Wars wise ) including one with Jude law no one saw coming called skeleton crew ( so they can keep secrets ).
Will update if hear anymore ..I’ve been seeing on Twitter quite a few reylos dressed up who have gone to celebration. Not sure if there’s anyone from here .
@AhsokaTano

That's awesome to know Rosanne is a Reylo. I really enjoyed her debut novel A Song of Wraiths and Ruin. I've yet to read the sequel but the first one was easily my favourite read of 2020. Very enemies to lovers so it's not surprising to hear she's a Reylo. ☺ It's a bit of a shame she has to write for Poe and Rey. Even after 3 years, I still hope they won't push Damerey but if they do then it is what it is.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 27 May 2022, 5:42 pm

She’s said this about the story because obviously people were asking :Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 13 Edaa1810
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Fri 27 May 2022, 5:48 pm

@AhsokaTano interesting but nice to know. Thanks ☺
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 28 May 2022, 2:50 am

I honestly think there will never be a romance for Rey....there might be Finn/Rey, but I doubt it. TROS ended with Rey as a space nun, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that is what she'll remain. Daisy herself stated 'Rey doesn't need a boyfriend'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 30 May 2022, 9:50 am

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-upcoming-movies-set-around-sequel-era-kathleen-kennedy-exclusive/

Exploring TROS & The Future of Star Wars... - Page 13 Scree837

Not sure if this means ST era or way afterwards, like Rogue Squadron is supposed to be. I don't think it will heavily involve the ST characters.

Also, SWC just happened, and apparently there were a ton of people cosplaying as Rey and Kylo, both solo and together, but not many Han Solos. There was a fan panel for Rey, but no official ST-related panels or events (or even upcoming SW movie panels, rather there was emphasis on TV and other media formats, other LF projects, and older stuff), and very little ST merchandise. But considering that AOTC got a big panel for its 20th anniversary, and 2 of its main actors are in the new Obi-Wan show, when that used to be many people's least favorite SW movie, I think the ST will eventually get its due.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 30 May 2022, 10:19 am

One thing that gives me hope is Adam is quite 'up for' returning to the SWU, the problem is, how do they move forward post TROS? Because they frankly ruined Rey with that awful film, making her Palps' granddaughter was only part of it. Her character wasn't flesh and blood anymore but a 'woke' robot. One disgruntled reviewer described her as a 'creepy Stepford Smiler', which is a good description of her in the final scene.

If killing him off and 'woking Rey' was because they were trying to please Kylo haters, it was pointless, as they still despise him - when I was active on the FICM, I sarcastically pointed out that the Kylo thread should have been renamed the 'we hate Kylo' thread and I checked it out recently - still exactly the same (plus 'Oh how hard done by the real male lead Finn is - made me laugh, that one), and if making Rey into Superwoman was to satisfy antis, that didn't work either. I also can't help but think that for all their determination to end the Skywalker Saga...they keep having them pop up in the tv programmes.

Talking of the FICM...found this. Don't know if anyone else has seen it.
TOTAL FILM
Total Film: Star Wars Celebration has led to some very exciting new, but I would say there was a curious lack of talk about the movies. There were reports that the next movie will now be Taika Waititi's Star Wars film. Is that correct?.

Kathleen Kennedy: That's correct.

Total Film: Is that aiming for 2023?

Kathleen Kennedy: Yeah. Well, not 2023, but late 2023.

Total Film: The December 2023 release date?

Kathleen Kennedy: We haven't locked anything in.

Total Film: The future of the movies is still in movement?

Kathleen Kennedy: Of course, they've been in movement all along. As we leave the saga, we have all this great, exciting work happening on the television side that informs so much about where we're going. We want to be very intentional about that. And we have great talent that we're working with – people who care so deeply about what the next iteration of Star Wars is and about getting people back into movie theatres, so we can really come out with a bang. That's important to us.

Total Film: Do you think that is a hesitancy perhaps in exploring past the Skywalker Saga?

Kathleen Kennedy: No hesitancy.

Total Film: So that's very much on your mind?

Kathleen Kennedy: Oh, yes. We need to create a whole new saga. That takes a lot. There's a lot of conversation around that.
Last edited: May 26, 2022
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next