Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Luminous/High Republic Era

+8
californiagirl
SW_Heroine_Journey
Mila95
special_cases
vaderito
snufkin
12 Parsnips
rey09
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Empty Re: Project Luminous/High Republic Era

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 04 Apr 2020, 4:05 pm

I think they just don't realise how dated this is.
George Lucas himself decided that the Jedi were too good to be true, which was why they fell. They needed to evolve.

Instead DLF are keeping them in a kind of statis. It's the 21st century and no one likes fanatics.

And it's impossible to identify with the perfect.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Empty Re: Project Luminous/High Republic Era

Post by vaderito Sun 05 Apr 2020, 5:14 am

Yeah, dated is the right word. It strikes me as safer Legends aka old EU and those books weren't exactly literally phenomenon. So if this is their attempt to expand fandom beyond most die-=hard who would read the books I don't think they'll succeed.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 05 Apr 2020, 5:35 am

I've just spoken online with someone who read the TROS novel - and apparently Rey never mentions Kylo/Ben again after he saves her. Not to Finn, or Poe. Not even to tell them he saved her.
I'm honestly astonished. I thought it was simply poor editing in the film, but it's the same in the book.
There goes my last trace of respect and liking for Rey as a character.
It makes her new name stink even more. She takes after grandaddy. He was an uncaring self serving b****** as well.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 05 Apr 2020, 2:35 pm

Weird, since they bothered to have her comment that it was like she had half of herself die with him. On the other hand, it probably would have taken pages on her part to explain to Finn and Poe, who knew literally nothing about her connection prior to this.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 05 Apr 2020, 3:06 pm

Well, maybe it should have taken pages. Ben Solo deserved that much.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 05 Apr 2020, 4:17 pm

@motherofpearl1 Pages of dialogue that summarize what the reader/viewer already knows and witnessed makes for poor writing, and stomps on the happy tone they attempted to shoehorn as the end of TROS. I don't like it either, but the movie might be rendered even more nonsensical if they still kept the "happy" ending with the Resistance BFG pals and the Luke/Leia ghosts, while also making it more depressing and pointless by lingering on Ben's death. They painted themselves into a corner on this one, the story is very poorly set up for such a mourning. I'm almost surprised they let her reflect a little in the scene on Exogol at all.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 06 Apr 2020, 12:22 am

It's not the a sith way to treat a major character, but an appalling way to end the Skywalker dynasty.
,"Oh look - the last Skywalker didn't measure up, so we'll choose a new one."

Since when did the Skywalkers become synonymous with perfection ?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 07 Apr 2020, 6:00 am

The origin of this is really a comic book crossover, only instead of one super hero crossing over with another and another, it’s different publishers crossing over with each other, with one story or character leading into another.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic-interview

So... like Marvel. Copying Marvel, hoping that it will a safe base for making then multibillion movie adaptation if fans like these characters and stories. Yeah, yeah, it will totally work, Marvel needed only 50+ years of this, bunch of movies with not-so-great BO and then 10+ years of cinematic universe. Pfff, Lucasmouse will do all of it in 3 years.

They are so obsessed with the money here that they will fail. Trust me. It won't be easy 1.5b BO anymore, and comics+ books won't help. Let's not forget that they will easily ignore the stuff people loved in these books because... because this kind of idiocy is exactly what usually happens.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 07 Apr 2020, 6:34 am

Someone much wiser than me summed up Rey's journey in TROS as a 'beginning, not an end.' They likened it to when a superhero starts out on their quest. Rey has become the New Hope (hence Ben 'giving her back to the galaxy') and the lone Superwoman, capable of anything, including healing with a touch and getting everyone to immediately adore her, and dressed in her new superhero costume with her brand new lightsabre, watched over by the ghosts of her surrogate parents, and is ready to begin her adventures in comic books. Minus of course that nasty undeserving boyfriend who's not good enough for her, and is required purely to feed her his life force.

Terrio has been writing Supergirl. And how many bets that once the dust has settled LF will create a comic book series featuring Rey the Ronin?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 07 Apr 2020, 1:40 pm

The idea of adaptations of SW comics or books is so entirely foreign. The entire basis of the EU was that it was, well, the expanded universe, it was extra and separate from the films. I assume they're not doing the more lucrative Old Republic because they want to jump straight to films or shows or games.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 07 Apr 2020, 2:19 pm

I honestly have no idea what they are going to do.
And unless it concerns Ben Solo, I have no interest.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 09 Apr 2020, 7:54 pm

One of those Fandom Menace people took it upon themselves to redesign (re: hypersexualize) the main blond lady of the High Republic stuff, because they thought she looked "too masculine." Almost like a comic book or video game character with exaggerated features. Whee. You might not be thrilled with the HL characters, but really, will these people never be happy? I doubt LF would actually do such a thing, as they're trying to sell to kids as well, and they've gone to some lengths to not repeat slave-bikini Leia. But of course that's what people want apparently.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 10 Apr 2020, 1:59 am

Honestly I was fine with slave Leia, because of what she did at the end, instead of being seen as Jabba's victim she instead went down in history as the Huttslayer!

But JJ's behaviour with TROS is truly bizarre. One one hand, he gives the dudebros what they want - killing Kylo 🙁, getting rid of Rose, FS Finn, big bad villain - yet he turns Rey into the Mary Sue the dudebros hated.

I think three things motivated him.
Retconning TLJ
Indulging his cast
Making his own version of what he wanted a SW film to be since he as a kid. And they hired a writer who shared his vision.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 02 Jan 2021, 6:21 am

Happy New year everyone ! Let’s hope it’s a better one for everyone ! As Charles Soule’s Light of the Jedi is out on 5th January( which launches the high republic era ) , I thought I would post this chart I found - it doesn’t contain spoilers as in relationships or fate but just the main characters from the era . Hope you can see it :
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Da5cfd10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 04 Jan 2021, 4:50 pm

Hey all just going to post links to the new trailer for high republic and the panel plus the phases of high republic . 2021-2022 is the first phase . I listened and watched the panel . It all sounds really interesting and I noticed when Claudia Gray was questioned about her next Star Wars book after this high republic one she couldn’t talk about it because it’s top
Secret . Interesting....
The outpost pictured in the picture below double as Jedi temples as each planet has one .There will be a high republic show every month like the Star Wars one on YouTube and the Star Wars book club .
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 1e1dfc10

High republic launch event 4th January

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uILPgvzj708

High Republic trailer 4th January

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_A0N3DE5y8U

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 8c43bb10

Charles Soule’s book Light of the Jedi launches tomorrow:

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 4b34e710

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 71e3ef10

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic-new-trailer-panel-news

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 07 Jan 2021, 5:11 am

Hey all am trying to stay positive despite dislike for post above and bring you news -
Reddit has spoilers for the new light of the Jedi and very interesting ( well to me anyway - am always looking at ways Ben can come back) and the Nihil sound interesting to me -the darkside seems to enable you to teleport where you want . I know I’ve said this before but we haven’t seen Ben’s force ghost . We have no idea what all his powers are and we know through the Acolyte the dark side is going to be explored more . Ben/kylo is powerful - he put Rey to sleep in TFA and he made her rise in TROS - so far it’s falling in line with Loki’s story in the Disney book published last year where he does the same thing - (awakening the sleeper) . In that same book too which I’ve gone on about a lot in predictions for TROS there are two warriors with swords and the male one has a helmet and Loki is told this is how people exchanged wedding vows not with rings but with swords . Just reminded me of Rey and kylo/Ben . As we also know teleporting is one of Loki’s powers too as well as resurrection ( kylo is an anagram of Loki ).

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/krcg18/key_plot_pointsspoilery_takeaways_from_light_of/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 16 Jan 2021, 6:05 am

Contains spoilers :

Star Wars and their anti heroes - ok so Star Wars has gone into a new era the high republic and you’ve got the Nihil who are the villains and their tech is incredible - they can travel hyperspace lanes like the wolves in rebels and teleport all over the place -. They are darksiders ( of course ) . This is their leader masked - Marchion Ro:

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 45c83310

This is him unmasked :

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 9c8f0010

He looks more like a romantic hero , a god( like the Hindu depictions of shiva in art form ) - a king of the elves in a fae underworld or hades type figure . Interesting. He’s chiss obviously and it explains why they are able to teleport since we know the female chiss and children are sky-walkers and we also know from the recent Doctor Aphra comics that the Nihil had path engine devices :
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Accef810
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 0c4c2b10

What’s also interesting is the use of word predator in how he’s described, his features seem cat like too . It’s interesting because in the comics in particular kylo /Ben is drawn with very lion esque /cat like features , his force signature in TFA is a purr like sound and his hair is like a beautiful lion’s mane . The way too he “hunts “Rey is predatory like cat because he wants her so badly . But as we know cats give lots of love and affection too and the lion is the king . In ancient Egyptian mythology and in Sumerian texts the lion and cat were guardians of the underworld and guides to lost souls . The lion is also associated with the sun just like Ben Solo is ( Ben is a play on words- Hebrew for son which sounds like sun - the sun gives life and is the life force ).
I rewatched TROS again recently and Star Wars always foreshadows - at the beginning Palpatine talks about Kylo/Ben becoming the new Emperor of the galaxy - well he kind of did if he represents the cosmic force and Rey the living force . If true I think & hope they do something different with Ben Solo . He’s tied to Rey so he’s not just another force ghost in the ether .

Anyway thought would share the above I love you

Adding postscript -
Lord shiva carrying his wife Sati , kylo Ren in the comics looking lion esque and info about lions and cats and the sun god ( some of this have posted before ):

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 16dcec10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Cc6f8210
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 7f285210

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 9f9e8310
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 A02ce610
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 2100cb10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 C4325210

And here for me is when he looked and behaved the most lion like of all - strong , courageous, dignified and like a king ;

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 7aaa3410

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Sat 16 Jan 2021, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 16 Jan 2021, 8:32 am

Hey all I know this is a double post but this is something different so it warrants a separate post - so I got a copy of The High Republic comic # 1 and so far it’s about a padawan Keeve passing her Jedi trials . I really like her - she swears all the way through the trials ( I am like that doing circuit training lol ) and it has some funny moments . Her Jedi master Sskeer is a Trandoshan . What I did think intriguing was the Jedi covenant here seems to be “ for light and life “ whereas in the prequels it’s “ peace and justice “ so interesting to see how Jedi evolve .
The ending of # 1 has padawan Keeve be knighted in true medieval style and King Arthur style with a sword but it’s this that had me a little bit emotional:

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Ce22f710
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 0585ee10

Hope you can read it

“For light and life -it was all a test ,a test He planned through the force . A test I passed . “

As most of you know most faiths see the idea of life being a test or a game that is rewarded with eternal life at the end . Star Wars runs with this idea a lot - whether it’s Luke’s test with his father or Rey’s test with kylo /Ben /Palpatine. Rey literally dies moreover and is rewarded with life . This is why again and again I think there is more to Ben Solo than we think we know because he seems to have powers like a god at times ie the force sleep he puts Rey into , the way he carries her off like Hades in the underworld, the way he just seems to be in the control centre ie he makes Rey remember who her parents are and he resurrects Rey ( the ultimate magic ) . Anyway time will tell what the story is ultimately but thought would share my findings . Am reading Light of the Jedi next with Charles Soule which has Marchion Ro and the Nihil (though am told they will turn up too in the High Republic comics ).
I love you

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Cd230710
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Eb4b1b10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 16 Jan 2021, 9:01 am

Ok this is a triple post - apologies but it’s lockdown in England so have been catching up on reading - so this short story appeared in Star Wars insider magazine and it’s meant to be a prequel short story to Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule and the High Republic comics for anyone interested:Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 6ffe6310
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 827c1b10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 615e6c10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 6e422310
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Bea30710

Hope you can read it -found this interesting and could imagine Rey and Ben /kylo thinking and communicating telepathically like this and thinking along these lines when coming up against Palpatine- as in the TROS novel Ben thinks Rey is his home and Palpatine in a way behaves like this resistor hub , taking all the power . The whole passage is talking about mechanics and electrics but to be honest it may as well be talking about sex because the language used seems like it’s a metaphor for sex. :

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Fc316810
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 3fb42710
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 74e35410
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 2b883610
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 B94e5e10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 16 Jan 2021, 1:18 pm

Hey all I will make this my final post here today but maybe we should give High republic a chance . Critics and Fans are coming away from it interested and it did make number one in the bestsellers list ( Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule ). Moreover this is what people are saying about villain Marchion Ro :
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 20f22d10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 5018ba10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 8e421a10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Aaf87910
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 612ea110
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 D7e89c10Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 E46de410
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 C4df7110
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 08 Jun 2021, 8:07 am

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 787e4510
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 60656e10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 A01f0a10Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 81c4fd10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 F1679e10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 Aaed6910Hey all I just wanted to update this thread - so am up to date on the high republic comics and finished “ light of the Jedi “ by Charles Soule ( all quotes from this post are from Charles Soule’s Light of the Jedi novel ) and now reading “ A test of courage “ by Justina Ireland . Haven’t got on to reading “ Into the dark “ by Claudia Gray .
So what do I think so far …
I was shocked because after TROS  I didn’t think I could get into something so deep again but I absolutely love it . The whole era has got great writers , characters , fantastic planning ( you can tell it’s been  planned years ahead ) and I love how events and characters overlap in all the stories . Charles Soule’s Light of the Jedi is now one of my favourite Star Wars books now .  Am kind of biased because I love his work -I loved his work on the vader comics and the kylo Ren ones .
He knows how to write a complex villain/anti hero  . If they ever need to write a kylo Ren novel Charles Soule should definitely be one of the writers considered .
I have a few fav Jedis already but my favourite is definitely the villain /anti hero  Marchion Ro - the  complexity of the Nihil and Marchion Ro in particular were just written so well. Just everything about them is fascinating- their structure , purpose, the mystery is just laid out so well and many a time I had a smile on my face reading their scenes . They are kind of like steam punk “ fae” Viking /bandits/angels of death( they leave marks on the doors like the Angel of death in the Bible ) all rolled into one . Marchion their leader is like a fae king ( maybe I’ve been reading too many fae novels lol!)and is like  Kylo/Han/vader /Palpatine/thrawn all rolled into one but with his own distinctive personality .He’s cunning , snarky, funny  but so very human too. 
This is how he’s described below and above but he is a mystery - we don’t know where he’s come from or who he really is ( leading some fans to believe he’s plagueis etc or “someone “else ?). The Nihil exist in “ no space “ - hyperspace or some might say the world between the worlds and they navigate it and normal space with Marchion’s pathfinders . 
They fight like chaos too . Would love to see some of this in a film or series to be honest . But you soon realise as you read on that Marchion has his own agenda and is playing both sides and that’s what makes him both dangerous and enigmatic . I don’t want to give too much away about what we learn about him and the “ paths “ in case you all read it as it’s one of the mysteries but he’s so complicated . He can be both gentlemanly and vicious. And he’s steps ahead of everyone else in his agenda . 
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 6698e610
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 8f03a310
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 48908e10

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Tue 08 Jun 2021, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 08 Jun 2021, 8:33 am

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 9162ea10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 1cbdc710
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 E4c12c10
Am having issues posting today so apologies for the layout above and the double post but will leave you with this non spoiler review  of next week wave of books coming out end of June in particular Cavan Scott’s The Rising Storm( which I really want to read ).

Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 92de9410
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 6ab01d10
Project Luminous/High Republic Era  - Page 2 4eb58c10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 08 Jun 2021, 11:08 am

I believe this stuff is selling very well, and it's funny isn't it, that 'darksiders' are far more interesting than lightsiders.

I actually want to see more 'grey Jedi' type characters in SW, not only are they more complex but more realistic, and post TLJ honestly thought that was the direction they were going to go with Rey and Kylo.

Personally they've 'burned' me so bad with TROS I have zero interest in Rey and anything else they are doing - it's pointless falling in love with a new character only to lose them. And if any future material brings Rey back I am absolutely sure it would be Finn and not Kylo if she ever was to have a love interest -Boyega's bellyaching has seen to that plus there's this:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/lucasfilm-reportedly-star-wars-projects-poc-female-main-character/

Yes the above are dodgy but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

@AhsokaTano - please don't let this tired, cynical old woman put you off though - I'd love it if they got Ben back; especially if they persuaded Adam to reprise that role in a tv series.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 08 Jun 2021, 4:05 pm

@motherofpearl1
Darksiders are more interesting because they are more human and carry the weight of everything that goes with it ie pain , suffering , emotion etc . Adam driver did once say about kylo carrying the weight of humanity in an interview once .
Don’t worry I’ll carry on posting stuff Smile as my theory of Marchion is somehow he is connected to Ben/kylo ( ties in with what I said in another thread about isis and Osiris myth ). In the kylo Ren comic Ben solo explicitly says he is the shadow . He embodies the dark side incarnated with all its complexity. I just think he is it in its final form , complete and as we know the dark side loves the light . He tells us in the TROS novel that Rey is his heart , she is his . I think the dark side knows it has to complete its journey in Ben solo to do what he has to do. We know the hero in the hero’s journey has to descend to hell . Ben is literally thrown down a pit and where does it lead ? Most likely world between worlds . No space . What happens to him there ? We just don’t know .
Am just desperate and hoping now for Ben Solo’s story - his entire story because I think he knows a lot about what’s going on - he has ancient eyes remember - he carries not only the burden of his legacy but I think a whole lot more .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 07 Jul 2021, 1:20 pm

You know, so many blamed Rian for 'ruining' Star Wars....but Rian didn't wipe out the Skywalkers and replace them with a Palpatine.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next