Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Je'daii?

+3
vaderito
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Return of the Je'daii? Empty Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 8:30 am

Will this trilogy see a return of the ideals of the precursor to the Jedi, the Je'daii? They believed in utilizing both sides of the force equally,without favoring either. With Luke looking for the first temple, maybe it was a Je'daii temple, not a Jedi temple.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Return of the Je'daii? Empty Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 14 Apr 2016, 8:34 am

I have nothing especially wise to say, but I've been wondering about the same thing, ever since I read the Dawn of the Jedi comics Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 14 Apr 2016, 8:40 am

It must happen, to stop all these wars between the two sides!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 8:57 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:I have nothing especially wise to say, but I've been wondering about the same thing, ever since I read the Dawn of the Jedi comics Razz
@Darth Dingbat

Agreeing with me is wise, though... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:07 am

Purple Ren wrote:Will this trilogy see a return of the ideals of the precursor to the Jedi, the Je'daii? They believed in utilizing both sides of the force equally,without favoring either. With Luke looking for the first temple, maybe it was a Je'daii temple, not a Jedi temple.

Thoughts?
@Purple Ren

You are onto something. I don't know EU well at all but this is what I'm getting from TFA and novelization. Journal of the Whills poem:

"First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right
By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight."

seems to hint at Grey Jedi. They seem similar to Je'daii or are they not? I found this about je'daii:

"In the light, there is a darkness and in the darkness, a light. It is the way with us all. Be a prisoner of neither Bogan nor Ashla. Strive to live in balance. As Tython itself teaches us, it is dangerous to do otherwise. And the danger is there—always."

The Je'daii Order was an ancient organization unified by its belief and observance of the Force on the planet Tython, in the galaxy's Deep Core. Focusing on maintaining a balance in the Force, a state at which Tython was itself hospitable, the Je'daii saw the Force as two aspects of a whole; the Ashla and the Bogan. They saw this duality in the Force represented in the night sky of Tython in the form of two natural satellites; one bathed in light, another shrouded in darkness. In keeping with their ideal balance, Je'daii who fell too far to either the light or darkness were exiled to one of the moons to meditate until they returned to balance.

"There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force."

―The Je'daii Code[src]

"The Je'daii don't see a division of the light and dark side; instead, they believe a balance is necessary between the two. The Je'daii are like the Titans in Greek mythology who came before the gods. They are beings of great power and ability, but not all-knowing. They struggle with the idea of balance in the Force and know that being out of balance affects their power and the planet Tython itself."

You cna find much more here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Je'daii_Order

Also:

Best Answer: The Je’daii were the original order of force users in the Star Wars universe, existing several thousand years before the time period that the Star wars movies takes place in and were practitioners of both the light side and dark side of the force attempting to find a balance between the two. The Je’daii order eventually suffered a factional split and resulting civil war between those who advocated the light side and those who followed the dark side. These two factions would eventually become the Jedi and and the Sith respectively.

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130613084224AAQUqfa

So anyway, this is so freakin interesting and I think this is where they are going with ST. First Jedi Temple = back to origins, back to basics, back to balance, "the tree of knowledge of good and evil". Rey and Ben = Adam and Eve. There must be a significance why young man and woman are chosen to represent light and dark, as opposed to young man and old ancient wrinkled man.

this is something that people should discuss more, not freakin parentage.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:12 am

vaderito wrote:
Purple Ren wrote:Will this trilogy see a return of the ideals of the precursor to the Jedi, the Je'daii? They believed in utilizing both sides of the force equally,without favoring either. With Luke looking for the first temple, maybe it was a Je'daii temple, not a Jedi temple.

Thoughts?
@Purple Ren

You are onto something. I don't know EU well at all but this is what I'm getting from TFA and novelization. Journal of the Whills poem:

"First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right
By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight."

seems to hint at Grey Jedi. They seem similar to Je'daii or are they not? I found this about je'daii:

"In the light, there is a darkness and in the darkness, a light. It is the way with us all. Be a prisoner of neither Bogan nor Ashla. Strive to live in balance. As Tython itself teaches us, it is dangerous to do otherwise. And the danger is there—always."

The Je'daii Order was an ancient organization unified by its belief and observance of the Force on the planet Tython, in the galaxy's Deep Core. Focusing on maintaining a balance in the Force, a state at which Tython was itself hospitable, the Je'daii saw the Force as two aspects of a whole; the Ashla and the Bogan. They saw this duality in the Force represented in the night sky of Tython in the form of two natural satellites; one bathed in light, another shrouded in darkness. In keeping with their ideal balance, Je'daii who fell too far to either the light or darkness were exiled to one of the moons to meditate until they returned to balance.

"There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force."

―The Je'daii Code[src]

"The Je'daii don't see a division of the light and dark side; instead, they believe a balance is necessary between the two. The Je'daii are like the Titans in Greek mythology who came before the gods. They are beings of great power and ability, but not all-knowing. They struggle with the idea of balance in the Force and know that being out of balance affects their power and the planet Tython itself."

You cna find much more here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Je'daii_Order

Also:

Best Answer: The Je’daii were the original order of force users in the Star Wars universe, existing several thousand years before the time period that the Star wars movies takes place in and were practitioners of both the light side and dark side of the force attempting to find a balance between the two. The Je’daii order eventually suffered a factional split and resulting civil war between those who advocated the light side and those who followed the dark side. These two factions would eventually become the Jedi and and the Sith respectively.

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130613084224AAQUqfa

So anyway, this is so freakin interesting and I think this is where they are going with ST. First Jedi Temple = back to origins, back to basics, back to balance, "the tree of knowledge of good and evil". Rey and Ben = Adam and Eve. There must be a significance why young man and woman are chosen to represent light and dark, as opposed to young man and old ancient wrinkled man.

this is something that people should discuss more, not freakin parentage.
@vaderito

"but they're cousins, you can't do that!!!! "- reylos:" tell that to the Kanjiclub"
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:15 am

I think the force is very much like yin and yang, which makes sense, because the idea of the force was partly inspired by the Tao, and Taoism is where the concept of yin and yang come from.

The light side is like yin, the passive force.
The dark side is like yang, the active force.
Both sides must be used in harmony.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:24 am

This is an awesome episode 9 title if I have ever seen one Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:28 am

Episode 9 needs to start with an A, so maybe:
A New Je'daii Order

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:31 am

Purple Ren wrote:I think the force is very much like yin and yang, which makes sense, because the idea of the force was partly inspired by the Tao, and Taoism is where the concept of yin and yang come from.

The light side is like yin, the passive force.
The dark side is like yang, the active force.
Both sides must be used in harmony.
@Purple Ren

Exactly. I think that One vs Other concept was more in tune with 70s and 80s where we got lots of B&W movies. But noways, grey characters and grey areas are more appreciated, so concept of co-existence and balance between Dark and Light, rather than vanquishing one, is more relateable.

That raises the question - did Anakin bring the balance of the Force or not? he destroyed the Sith, so that part of the prophecy is fulfilled but what about the balance of the Force?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:32 am

Purple Ren wrote:Episode 9 needs to start with an A, so maybe:
A New Je'daii Order
@Purple Ren

There's a rule about titles? Didn't know that o_O
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:33 am

vaderito wrote:
That raises the question - did Anakin bring the balance of the Force or not? he destroyed the Sith, so that part of the prophecy is fulfilled but what about the balance of the Force?
@vaderito

I believe he brought balance by destroying the Sith... AND the Jedi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:34 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
A New Je'daii Order
@Purple Ren

@Maria Antonietta

Look at the first letter in each title:
1-3: T, A, R
4-6: A, T, R
7-9: T, ?, ?

So unless they are copying the PT, 8 will be R and 9 will be A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:36 am

Purple Ren wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
A New Je'daii Order
@Purple Ren

@Maria Antonietta

@Purple Ren

Ooooohh mind blowing! We should start a thread about possible titles, then Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:37 am

Purple Ren wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@vaderito

@Purple Ren

ha, that's a great point. he vanquished both. Now the trick is to get them work together or at least exist together or, better, practice both Light and Dark, which is what Je'daii did.

i think that the problem that Je'daii had, based on what I read on Wookie, is that they tried to achieve 100% balance like 50% dark 50% Light but nobody is 50-50, there's always tipping over to one side or the other. which is what Yin and Yang proposes - dark with some Light and Light with some dark. Not 50-50 but not 100% either.

Ben/Kylo is described "perfect focal point of dark/Light" and "equal part good and evil" (JJ). So he seem that rare 50-50 but he says he's "torn apart" and "want to be rid of this pain". It looks like that causes him real pain so he tries to be only one. Hmmmm.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:47 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Ooooohh mind blowing! We should start a thread about possible titles, then Very Happy
@Maria Antonietta

Yeah, I read about that somewhere, and I liked it. It'll be interesting to see if they follow the format.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:50 am

vaderito wrote:
Ben/Kylo is described "perfect focal point of dark/Light" and "equal part good and evil" (JJ). So he seem that rare 50-50 but he says he's "torn apart" and "want to be rid of this pain". It looks like that causes him real pain so he tries to be only one. Hmmmm.
@vaderito

I think it caused him pain because he tried to silence the light. Maybe Snoke was interested on Kylo's balance because he wanted to unbalance what could be for Luke the prototypical Jedi for a new order.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:56 am

Purple Ren wrote:

I think it caused him pain because he tried to silence the light. Maybe Snoke was interested on Kylo's balance because he wanted to unbalance what could be for Luke the prototypical Jedi for a new order.
@Purple Ren

Ohhh, that's an interesting theory! We know that Snoke observed all events in TP and OT so he should know where Jeid and Sith went wrong, but Luke could make right.

Also, there was concept art of Kira and Jedi Killer (early names for Rey and Ren) at the Temple. I wonder if that's first Jedi temple. So it looks like they could find themselves there. moreover, HD shorts of Rey's rain vision show burning temple in the background. Hmmm. will Kylo and KoR destroy it? or maybe that isn't the first temple after all?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:57 am

Purple Ren wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
A New Je'daii Order
@Purple Ren

@Maria Antonietta

@Purple Ren

Interesting!

I wonder about the possible title LF registered recently, though - The Ways of the Force. Might not be Episode VIII at all, of course (on the other hand, it would be very suitable for VIII...).
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:13 am

I hadn't heard about that title, but I like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:26 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Purple Ren wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
A New Je'daii Order
@Purple Ren

@Maria Antonietta

@Purple Ren

Interesting!

I wonder about the possible title LF registered recently, though - The Ways of the Force. Might not be Episode VIII at all, of course (on the other hand, it would be very suitable for VIII...).
@Darth Dingbat

Didn't The Ways of the Force turn out to be registered for a Disney (park) attraction? Or was that just speculation?

In any case, after the way that phrase was used in TFA, I don't think I could keep a straight face if it were the title of Episode VIII or IX...  I can't un-hear the sexual undertones in that. But then again, my mind is in the gutter anyways...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:31 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Purple Ren wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
A New Je'daii Order
@Purple Ren

@Maria Antonietta

@Purple Ren

Interesting!

@Darth Dingbat

Didn't The Ways of the Force turn out to be registered for a Disney (park) attraction? Or was that just speculation?

In any case, after the way that phrase was used in TFA, I don't think I could keep a straight face if it were the title of Episode VIII or IX...  I can't un-hear the sexual undertones in that. But then again, my mind is in the gutter anyways...
@ISeeAnIsland

well, JJ said that TFA was "awakening of the Force in a young woman and the Dark Side in the villain". This is definitely about the balance, folks. Two awakenings. Yin and Yang. Also, The Ways of the Force is Reylo's unofficial love theme:

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:33 am

Purple Ren wrote:
@Purple Ren

That is actually right...
Hmmmm

Last edited by Arcana on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:34 am

By the way, regarding the Dawn of the Jedi comics - I mentioned this ages ago in the old place, but there's a couple in them that's much like Rey and Kylo, called Shae Koda and Xesh/Tau.

Return of the Je'daii? 46542710

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tau_(individual)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shae_Koda
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:35 am

It always comes back to star-crossed lovers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum