Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5

+48
Reynak
panki
ReyofLightSide
Rei of Sunshine
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
vaderito
snufkin
MelBee
BenRey
Irina de France
MissG
Darth Dementor
ISeeAnIsland
Darth Dingbat
Darth_Awakened
Little_Boots
Kessel
EchoBase
SoloSideCousin
AnneNeville
nonesuch
Blackcanary
Reylo Lemon
BastilaBey
ZenBrainJam
spacebaby45678
Helix
Forsythia
soulluos
Saracene
Kyla Ren
Kylo Ren
Lily Snape
Armadeus
Birdwoman
Krafty
Macha Ren
Xylo Ren
MeadowofAshes
ladyconsular
teltaru
Search Your Feelings
Jozie
Rimfaxe96
Darth Rowan
Gemini
52 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5

Post by AnneNeville Sun 22 May 2016, 2:40 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:Chapter VIII title: death of reylo. Why I'm so negative..... This isn't looking good
@Maria Antonietta

I'm sorry!

I am super encouraged. The bigger and darker Kylo's first scene, the more inevitable his complete reversal over the course of the film. It seems now he is coming early and angry. For there to be a story he must radically change.

I expected him to remain the big bad until the final moments of VIII. But if he is on AchTo for Act 2, he CANNOT be the nemesis/big bad in this film. Only the little bad, and he must transform. Otherwise there is no film.

If he arrives at the end of A2 angry and violent, the story can only go one way. If he came meek and quiet, then we'd have to worry about treachery.

Last edited by AnneNeville on Sun 22 May 2016, 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5

Post by BastilaBey Sun 22 May 2016, 2:41 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:Chapter VIII title: death of reylo. Why I'm so negative..... This isn't looking good
@Maria Antonietta

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5 Tumblr_o3n1sd9egh1v8tldvo1_500
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5

Post by Guest Sun 22 May 2016, 2:44 pm

See, it makes me a little more optimistic, actually. If Rey does fall into the ocean, I can still see Kylo Ren diving in after her, rescuscitating her, then running off as she comes to when he spots Chewie stalking towards him. As someone familiar with writing, I know that everything in both novels and film is edited to within an inch of its life. What was kept in The Force Awakens, every look, every charged flit of the eyes, even AD's voice, was deliberate. They are working towards something, and the conflict they'll present us with in VIII will only heighten that. It's not for nothing. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sun 22 May 2016, 2:49 pm

RandomObserver wrote:See, it makes me a little more optimistic, actually. If Rey does fall into the ocean, I can still see Kylo Ren diving in after her, rescuscitating her, then running off as she comes to when he spots Chewie stalking towards him. As someone familiar with writing, I know that everything in both novels and film is edited to within an inch of its life. What was kept in The Force Awakens, every look, every charged flit of the eyes, even AD's voice, was deliberate. They are working towards something, and the conflict they'll present us with in VIII will only heighten that. It's not for nothing. I'm actually looking forward to it.
@RandomObserver

We are on the same wavelength, I think.

Many posters understandably fear Kylo will do unforgivable violence against Rey, destroying Reylo. I think the point will be that he finally cannot.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 22 May 2016, 2:51 pm

RandomObserver wrote:See, it makes me a little more optimistic, actually. If Rey does fall into the ocean, I can still see Kylo Ren diving in after her, rescuscitating her, then running off as she comes to when he spots Chewie stalking towards him. As someone familiar with writing, I know that everything in both novels and film is edited to within an inch of its life. What was kept in The Force Awakens, every look, every charged flit of the eyes, even AD's voice, was deliberate. They are working towards something, and the conflict they'll present us with in VIII will only heighten that. It's not for nothing. I'm actually looking forward to it.
@RandomObserver

In the words of Matt the Radar technician, "Exactly, exactly!"

None of what we saw was put there by accident. Far too many fairytale and romantic tropes, yin/yang symbolism, intentional camera angles to capture their connection. Conflict is essential next time we see these two for a good story.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 2:57 pm

LOl, guys, she could have totally taken that photo in a Belfast hotel or whatever and send it now. They are sneaky like that. Of course she's in Kerry.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sun 22 May 2016, 3:02 pm

This is a story about chosen family. Harsh but true: Rey's family abandoned and disappointed her. She will find belonging now, with friend Finn, maybe mentors Luke and Leia. Kylo, too, was somehow terribly disappointed, abandoned, let down by his blood family. He saw this commonality between himself and Rey. Her loneliness, insomnia, longing. Her island in a vast and empty sea.

Han could not reach his son except in death. Kylo has rejected this family that let him down, though more violently than Rey has been shown to reject hers so far.

When Kylo is face to face with Rey on that island that represents all their shared pain, he will not be able to kill her. She is the belonging he seeks. Even if there were no romance that would be true.

The young generation will make a new beginning out of the ashes of the past.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 22 May 2016, 3:05 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:See, it makes me a little more optimistic, actually. If Rey does fall into the ocean, I can still see Kylo Ren diving in after her, rescuscitating her, then running off as she comes to when he spots Chewie stalking towards him. As someone familiar with writing, I know that everything in both novels and film is edited to within an inch of its life. What was kept in The Force Awakens, every look, every charged flit of the eyes, even AD's  voice, was deliberate. They are working towards something, and the conflict they'll present us with in VIII will only heighten that. It's not for nothing. I'm actually looking forward to it.
@RandomObserver

We are on the same wavelength, I think.

Many posters understandably fear Kylo will do unforgivable violence against Rey, destroying Reylo. I think the point will be that he finally cannot.
@AnneNeville
I'm definitely on the same page too. That scene cannot end without something big happening between Kylo and Rey, otherwise it will serve zero narrative purpose. It sounds like a real game-changing scene because it leaves Kylo alone, vulnerable and without any back-up on Ahch-To. If nothing occurs between Rey and Kylo (or if she just falls after he chases her) it would just be a random ambush ending with Rey and Luke alone again after Kylo's squad gets wrecked and he skulks off. We need something that will move the narrative and character development forward. Otherwise it would be so much this:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5 Now_what_finding_nemo

Like no, their reunion has to bring about some drama. These two characters don't have scenes together that end with "what now". They lead somewhere, they build up the tension and create compelling sequences, dialogues and interactions. You don't just have a scene that starts the same way it ends in a two hour movie, and most certainly not Luke/Rey's reunion with Kylo. Something huge has to happen on Rey and Kylo's side of the battle, and I mean game-changing huge.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 22 May 2016, 3:09 pm

@RandomObserver

Kylo giving Rey mouth-to-mouth might seem a little contrived/fan fictiony, but it would certainly move up the Reylo lip-on-lip action in the timeline.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 22 May 2016, 3:12 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I'm not going to hold my breath for pictures of Kylo or even decent pictures of anybody else. Driver is going to be shut in his trailer or seriously hidden for sure, and all indoor hut scenes were/will be filmed at Pinewood in-studio.
@FrolickingFizzgig

All the scenes where there is close intimacy with Rey are going to be in a studio or inside locations. Her falling in the sea (if it happens) and him jumping after her (if it happens) will be all in closed quarters. I think this is why the spoiler seems incomplete and strange..I mean she just disappears? Really? Then he's on the beach talking to Luke?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 3:16 pm

AnneNeville wrote:This is a story about chosen family. Harsh but true: Rey's family abandoned and disappointed her. She will find belonging now, with friend Finn, maybe mentors Luke and Leia. Kylo, too, was somehow terribly disappointed, abandoned, let down by his blood family. He saw this commonality between himself and Rey. Her loneliness, insomnia, longing. Her island in a vast and empty sea.

Han could not reach his son except in death. Kylo has rejected this family that let him down, though more violently than Rey has been shown to reject hers so far.

When Kylo is face to face with Rey on that island that represents all their shared pain, he will not be able to kill her. She is the belonging he seeks. Even if there were no romance that would be true.

@AnneNeville

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 5 CfUdgOUWQAAUAMe

Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing That was the most pointless, dumbest Gate ever.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sun 22 May 2016, 3:19 pm

Yes but I used the phrase intentionally. The ashes of his past literally exist. Messy but their concept went there at some point.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 22 May 2016, 3:19 pm

vaderito wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:This is a story about chosen family. Harsh but true: Rey's family abandoned and disappointed her. She will find belonging now, with friend Finn, maybe mentors Luke and Leia. Kylo, too, was somehow terribly disappointed, abandoned, let down by his blood family. He saw this commonality between himself and Rey. Her loneliness, insomnia, longing. Her island in a vast and empty sea.

@AnneNeville

Twisted Evil

@vaderito

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 3:20 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@RandomObserver

Kylo giving Rey mouth-to-mouth might seem a little contrived/fan fictiony, but it would certainly move up the Reylo lip-on-lip action in the timeline.
@ISeeAnIsland

Nope, not contrived

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 22 May 2016, 3:20 pm

vaderito wrote:

@AnneNeville

Twisted Evil

@vaderito

Well, it was also the most pointless, dumbest "revelation" from JJ ever...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 22 May 2016, 3:20 pm

Well the filming sounds like it is following the MSW spoiler but again, it is without context.
Reylo isn't dead unless we receive confirmation they are related. Other than that, anything can happen.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 22 May 2016, 3:21 pm

@vaderito Kylo likes his relics, he has far more of a connection to possessions than people at the beginning of the film. Just like Rey - see her helmet, doll, the flower. They are both starved of intimacy and understanding.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sun 22 May 2016, 3:21 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@AnneNeville

Twisted Evil

@vaderito

lol! lol! lol! lol!
@Maria Antonietta

Man, when I told my dad about Ashgate, he just laughed and said: "Well, keeping the ashes of your enemies isn't that bad. There were some Native American tribes who ate the heart of their enemies when they had proven themselves to have been brave while they were tortured."

Bad dad jokes.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 22 May 2016, 3:22 pm

Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sun 22 May 2016, 3:27 pm

AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 3:31 pm

@AnneNeville

Ok, guys, big question. Since MF is on Ahch-to and Kylo's on Ahch-to, do you think that big Kylo+MF emotional moment is gonna happen there or some other time? They have to do it considering rebuke they received from fans for deleting Kylo on MF scene.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 22 May 2016, 3:32 pm

I would love to get some sort of a credible spoiler/leak on what's at the first Jedi Temple. We haven't had that yet. I know that on this board, we've done a fair amount of speculation, but we haven't seen anything about what's actually there in anyone's leaks/spoilers.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 3:35 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I would love to get some sort of a credible spoiler/leak on what's at the first Jedi Temple. We haven't had that yet. I know that on this board, we've done a fair amount of speculation, but we haven't seen anything about what's actually there in anyone's leaks/spoilers.
@ISeeAnIsland

Supposedly the tree is in front of it. MSW calls is Temple Tree.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sun 22 May 2016, 3:40 pm

vaderito wrote:
@AnneNeville

Ok, guys, big question. Since MF is on Ahch-to and Kylo's on Ahch-to, do you think that big Kylo+MF emotional moment is gonna happen there or some other time? They have to do it considering rebuke they received from fans for deleting Kylo on MF scene.
@vaderito

I wouldn't hold my breath. It may happen, but it may get cut for the same supposed reason as in TFA. It may stop the forward motion of the story.

I imagine we may get a shot of Kylo reacting when boarding MF with Rey, but no contemplative special scene.

ETA: I may be wrong, and hope I am. I'm just not sure what the scene would accomplish that Adam couldn't show in seconds during another scene, and more efficiently.

Last edited by AnneNeville on Sun 22 May 2016, 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 22 May 2016, 3:44 pm

Hello all,

When posting pictures from another site, please credit and include a working link to the original source. Most people have been doing this already, but we wanted to make sure everyone is aware.

As a reminder, copy-lifting content from posts in other forums is agains the rules.

Please PM us if you have any questions. Thanks!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum